Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,505 members, 7,847,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11014163 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
Good afternoon,
MSCI retains Nigeria in the frontier index on improved FX liquidity - Late yesterday, Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) announced that Nigeria stocks will remain part of its frontier index and are no longer under review for a possible demotion to a standalone status given improved FX liquidity in the Nigeria market. For context, MSCI had previously announced in June 2016 that it was considering Nigeria for a possible downgrade to stand-alone status, highlighting deteriorating FX liquidity as well as FX restrictions as key concerns. This development led to a massive outflow of capital from the Nigeria equities market - Market capitalization declined by 17.14%. Until now, the decision whether or not to retain Nigeria in its Frontier Market Index has been a recurring theme in the Nigerian equity market space among both local and foreign institutional investors. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in April, 2017 established the "Investors and Exporters (IE) window" that allowed for FX transactions at market determined rates in a bid to ease the concerns of foreign investors. Consequently, the MSCI decision on whether to retain Nigeria in its Frontier market indexes in June, 2017, was postponed to ascertain the effectiveness of the IE window. Unequivocally, the MSCI's decision to retain Nigeria in the Frontier index reflects the success and effectiveness of the IE window.
Positives hovering on the horizon - Sequel to the implementation of the window, foreign sentiments improved significantly towards Nigerian equities. Despite the uptick in foreign interest, a handful of foreign fund managers waited on the side-lines in anticipation of the final MSCI announcement. We believe this potential demand from these foreign investors as well as tactical local market participants will spur positive sentiments in the short term. With the reassurance that investors can complete their transactions at a market determined exchange rate, we expect to see further influx of capital into the equities market. Currently, foreign portfolio managers tracking the MSCI Frontier Market index allocates weights varying from 3.98% to 4.99% compared to the 7.96% benchmark weight of the MSCI frontier index. This implies that these fund managers are still significantly underweight. Thus, we expect underweighted fund managers to rebalance their portfolios in favour of the Nigeria market. This will consequently improve sentiments and demand for Nigerian equities.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Mr Brent crude already cruising on top 60+ dollars in the market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cation(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2017
Cation:
please I need your help in the house,, my dad bought zenith bank shares some years ago through regency stock brokers but he doesn't receive dividends declared. what can be the problem and how can I know all the stocks currently under his cscs account. Thank you
can someone attend to my question please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kingchuks(m): 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
Cation:
please I need your help in the house,, my dad bought zenith bank shares some years ago through regency stock brokers but he doesn't receive dividends declared. what can be the problem and how can I know all the stocks currently under his cscs account. Thank you
You can contact:
Zenith Registrars Limited
89 Ajose Adeogun Street
Victoria Island, Lagos
Nigeria
Phone: 234-1-2708930-4
enquiry@zenithregistrars.com
It is most likely that your puppsy will be required to complete and submit e-dividend mandate to Zenit registrar and his dividends will be processed and paid.
About getting other stocks in his portfolio, you will need to talk to a broker. U can get in touch with Meristem, Morgan,TRW, etc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cation(m): 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
Kingchuks:

You can contact:
Zenith Registrars Limited
89 Ajose Adeogun Street
Victoria Island, Lagos
Nigeria
Phone: 234-1-2708930-4
enquiry@zenithregistrars.com
It is most likely that your puppsy will be required to complete and submit e-dividend mandate to Zenit registrar and his dividends will be processed and paid.
About getting other stocks in his portfolio, you will need to talk to a broker. U can get in touch with Meristem, Morgan,TRW, etc.
OK thanks, suppose regency stock brokers have been suspended can he still transfer the shares to other active brokers?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
Cation:
OK thanks, suppose regency stock brokers have been suspended can he still transfer the shares to other active brokers?

Yes he can. Just talk to a broker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
Cation:

It's most likely the address used was that of his broker. In the past, it was not uncommon to have investors who prefer to pick up warrants from their stockbrokers. That said, it's most definitely an address issue. He should approach Zenith Registrars to reclaim outstanding dividend warrants if it hasn't been tampered with.
You might not be able to confirm what his other stock holdings are except he authorizes you to act on his behalf. You don't have that privilege. A registrar that knows his job will only instruct you on steps to take. Children of nowadays have gone gangstar cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
Infinitisi:

Good afternoon,
MSCI retains Nigeria in the frontier index on improved FX liquidity - Late yesterday, Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) announced that Nigeria stocks will remain part of its frontier index and are no longer under review for a possible demotion to a standalone status given improved FX liquidity in the Nigeria market. Unequivocally, the MSCI's decision to retain Nigeria in the Frontier index reflects the success and effectiveness of the IE window.
With the reassurance that investors can complete their transactions at a market determined exchange rate, we expect to see further influx of capital into the equities market. Currently, foreign portfolio managers tracking the MSCI Frontier Market index allocates weights varying from 3.98% to 4.99% compared to the 7.96% benchmark weight of the MSCI frontier index. This implies that these fund managers are still significantly underweight. Thus, we expect underweighted fund managers to rebalance their portfolios in favour of the Nigeria market. This will consequently improve sentiments and demand for Nigerian equities.

2zona:
Mr Brent crude already cruising on top 60+ dollars in the market.

Things are looking good for us, really. Major rival destinations for investors in Sub Sahara Africa are South Africa and Kenya. Unfortunately, SA is battling economic+political uncertainties while Kenya is cut up in Political upheavals. I read earlier that investors are leaving SA in droves. Nigeria looks poised to attract these foreign investors (but those people get shakara sha....dey form king kong upandan).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
tritritri:
@BullBearMkt , Long time sir.
...how your side sir
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
BRENT CRUDE OIL PRICE...$60.4/bl.......better days ahead
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
Cation:

The bolded refers pls.
Kindly follow the link below, type your Dad's full names and search.
All companies he owns shares in will appear with their respective registrars.
Then you approach each registrar to regularise all unclaimed dividends via an e-dividend mandate form that will be issued to him.
You may search with your name as well...u never know if he bought for you too as an infant. wink

http://www.sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/?reset=Y

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
stocks with new 52 week lows
studio press #2.09k
FO #38.39k
stocks with new 52 week highs
box gases #4.15k
linkage assurance #0.90k
union bank #6.13k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ihedioramma welcome back. I guess all is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
kolaish:
BSITL, where is @ ihedioramma? - special adviser on FBNH matters. I just hope this O and O matters has not weigh him down.
Good day brother's and sister's in the LORD . Thank's Kolaish and Mpeace e.t.c for asking and one love . Well am alive and happy by his grace . what is happing in Oando is what am talking for long time for people to buy, for get about bad news or what ever OANDO is GOLD now . As for FBNH am in and at the door(bustop) the same time, bewere of dog all stock is going down next month e.t.c Oga tritritri you have put another tri in your name grin Am coming back next month with 9free,godlyguy,peterichy,chibuking81,madammercy and bearsssssssss. ONE LOVE .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
@Cadillac15 Q3 remaining Dangflour . Anyway i put my trust on dangote coys if not i for dan exist at 8.26
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
ihedioramma:
Good day brother's and sister's in the LORD . Thank's Kolaish and Mpeace e.t.c for asking and one love . Well am alive and happy by his grace . what is happing in Oando is what am talking for long time for people to buy, for get about bad news or what ever OANDO is GOLD now . As for FBNH am in and at the door(bustop) the same time, bewere of dog all stock is going down next month e.t.c Oga tritritri you have put another tri in your name grin Am coming back next month with 9free,godlyguy,peterichy,chibuking81,madammercy and bearsssssssss. ONE LOVE .

If not because of my LOVE for u.I suppose shoot u with this ur oando comment. Una dan come again.Let me go take my depressant .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
tritritri:

If not because of my LOVE for u.I suppose shoot u with this ur oando comment. Una dan come again.Let me go take my depressant .
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ONE LOVE cheesy I hope you are not buying anything now ? . OGA INTENDY/LANCEE POWER O .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cation(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2017
OakPearl:

The bolded refers pls.
Kindly follow the link below, type your Dad's full names and search.
All companies he owns shares in will appear with their respective registrars.
Then you approach each registrar to regularise all unclaimed dividends via an e-dividend mandate form that will be issued to him.
You may search with your name as well...u never know if he bought for you too as an infant. wink

http://www.sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/?reset=Y
thank you very much sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cation(m): 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2017
Manonamission:

It's most likely the address used was that of his broker. In the past, it was not uncommon to have investors who prefer to pick up warrants from their stockbrokers. That said, it's most definitely an address issue. He should approach Zenith Registrars to reclaim outstanding dividend warrants if it hasn't been tampered with.
You might not be able to confirm what his other stock holdings are except he authorizes you to act on his behalf. You don't have that privilege. A registrar that knows his job will only instruct you on steps to take. Children of nowadays have gone gangstar cheesy
thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Toluway:
Ihedioramma welcome back. I guess all is well.
All is well my brother Tolu just we are working on OANDO now will be back next month by his Grace .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
Access Bank Q3-17: Declines in Loan Loss Provision, Opex Supported PAT Growth
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/10/27/access-bank-q3-17-declines-loan-loss-provision-opex-supported-pat-growth/

CBN Threatens to Ban Exporters from Accessing Forex, Banking Services
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/10/27/cbn-threatens-ban-exporters-accessing-forex-banking-services/

FBN Holdings: Lacklustre Performance Across Income Lines in Q3-17
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/10/27/fbn-holdings-lacklustre-performance-across-income-lines-q3-17/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:22am On Oct 28, 2017
ukay2:
BRENT CRUDE OIL PRICE...$60.4/bl.......better days ahead

Why? Money spent on subsidy will increase astronomically. Illegal bunkering activities will increase. Cost of goods will go up. Labour unrest will follow.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 7:34am On Oct 28, 2017
wanaj0:

Why? Money spent on subsidy will increase astronomically. Illegal bunkering activities will increase. Cost of goods will go up. Labour unrest will follow.
...that is one way of thinking. What about more jobs for oil & gas workers, more money in-out of banks as oil servicing companies will engage in more projects, oil producing countries (OPEC & NON OPEC) economy booming which can result into rally for their stock markets, Naira appreciation, ati be be lo (& more money to steal by politicians tongue)
grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by igboboy3(m): 7:43am On Oct 28, 2017
Infinitisi:
My personal lesson from the injuries sustained in the Oando debacle is " Never again will I buy into a promise. I will only buy based on facts and figures.

It was that that illusion of a promise that kept me in the stock despite all the facts saying I should exit. Thank God I received sense December last year and I sold.

No more emotional attachment to any stock.

Still regret some emotional decisions I've made with stocktrading.

Jumping two feet first into Julius Berger, just because I believed Fashola and Buhari had promised massive road infrastructure. After two years and over 30% loss, I only recently got out.
A simple glance at their financials would have told me that the company is deeply in debt. 2017 Q1 and Q2 was a total mess.

You can always have a glance at basic TA parameters - (ROE, ROI etc)

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:47am On Oct 28, 2017
BullBearMkt:

...that is one way of thinking. What about more jobs for oil & gas workers, more money in-out of banks as oil servicing companies will engage in more projects, oil producing countries (OPEC & NON OPEC) economy booming which can result into rally for their stock markets, Naira appreciation, ati be be lo (& more money to steal by politicians tongue)
grin grin grin grin grin

Ok oooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bassEQ2000, ositadima1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.