Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11014328 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:48am On Oct 28, 2017
igboboy3:

Still regret some emotional decisions I've made with stocktrading.

Jumping two feet first into Julius Berger, just because I believed Fashola and Buhari had promised massive road infrastructure. After two years and over 30% loss, I only recently got out.
A simple glance at their financials would have told me that the company is deeply in debt. 2017 Q1 and Q2 was a total mess.

You can always have a glance at basic TA parameters - (ROE, ROI etc)

In summary HOPE is NOT a STRATEGY

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2017
Infinitisi:

Good afternoon,
MSCI retains Nigeria in the frontier index on improved FX liquidity - Late yesterday, Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) announced that Nigeria stocks will remain part of its frontier index and are no longer under review for a possible demotion to a standalone status given improved FX liquidity in the Nigeria market. For context, MSCI had previously announced in June 2016 that it was considering Nigeria for a possible downgrade to stand-alone status, highlighting deteriorating FX liquidity as well as FX restrictions as key concerns. This development led to a massive outflow of capital from the Nigeria equities market - Market capitalization declined by 17.14%. Until now, the decision whether or not to retain Nigeria in its Frontier Market Index has been a recurring theme in the Nigerian equity market space among both local and foreign institutional investors. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in April, 2017 established the "Investors and Exporters (IE) window" that allowed for FX transactions at market determined rates in a bid to ease the concerns of foreign investors. Consequently, the MSCI decision on whether to retain Nigeria in its Frontier market indexes in June, 2017, was postponed to ascertain the effectiveness of the IE window. Unequivocally, the MSCI's decision to retain Nigeria in the Frontier index reflects the success and effectiveness of the IE window.
Positives hovering on the horizon - Sequel to the implementation of the window, foreign sentiments improved significantly towards Nigerian equities. Despite the uptick in foreign interest, a handful of foreign fund managers waited on the side-lines in anticipation of the final MSCI announcement. We believe this potential demand from these foreign investors as well as tactical local market participants will spur positive sentiments in the short term. With the reassurance that investors can complete their transactions at a market determined exchange rate, we expect to see further influx of capital into the equities market. Currently, foreign portfolio managers tracking the MSCI Frontier Market index allocates weights varying from 3.98% to 4.99% compared to the 7.96% benchmark weight of the MSCI frontier index. This implies that these fund managers are still significantly underweight. Thus, we expect underweighted fund managers to rebalance their portfolios in favour of the Nigeria market. This will consequently improve sentiments and demand for Nigerian equities.
...thanks sir for this piece.
Better weeks can only lies ahead of NSE ASI as the week ends in a pin-bar on a good support level
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 8:19am On Oct 28, 2017
wanaj0:

In summary HOPE is NOT a STRATEGY

Hope can be a strategy in advanced markets def not in NSE ... Even with a good Q3 one is still wary of the audited result... ideally policy announcements alone should be enough to move some stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2017
nio68:

Hope can be a strategy in advanced markets def not in NSE ... Even with a good Q3 one is still wary of the audited result... ideally policy announcements alone should be enough to move some stocks.
...hope has never be a strategy in any market (including LSE, NYSE/NASDAQ), every market depends on Fundamentals and perception of participants/investors about the market
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2017
BullBearMkt:

...hope has never be a strategy in any market (including LSE, NYSE/NASDAQ), every market depends on Fundamentals and perception of participants/investors about the market
grin grin grin grin grin

I guess hoping for for good fundamentals and positive perception of investors .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:43am On Oct 28, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I guess hoping for for good fundamentals and positive perception of investors .
...lol! uuuuhhhmmmm & with fasting and praying!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:31am On Oct 28, 2017
2zona:
Mr Brent crude already cruising on top 60+ dollars in the market.

another positive for forex liquidity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:39am On Oct 28, 2017
BullBearMkt:

...thanks sir for this piece.
Better weeks can only lies ahead of NSE ASI as the week ends in a pin-bar on a good support level
grin grin grin grin grin

Nice one ! that pin - bar necessary gan. Also on increased vol WoW
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:46am On Oct 28, 2017
Oill price at $60+, unequivocal indice that the boom is back. The good days of the Nigerian Stock Market will soon be here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
Toluway:
Oill price at $60+, unequivocal indice that the boom is back. The good days of the Nigerian Stock Market will soon be here.
With this I doubt November will still be bearish for NSE as has always been the case. Fingers crossed. Cautious optimism activated. Trade with caution bnstil.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2017
holm:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/20146_DANGOTE_FLOUR_MILLS_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2017.pdf

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

MMM kind of profit. 13B PAT

MMM is back again, in the form of DangoteFlour grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
holm:

Why was this result posted on Saturday? cool cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2017

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by flexshop(m): 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
[quote author=holm post=61849098][/quote]

Monday rush eh.... 10naira in sight

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
holm:

good stuff

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
holm:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/20146_DANGOTE_FLOUR_MILLS_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2017.pdf

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just hope this result is not cooked. Anyway, let's enjoy while its last. Nigeria companies with voodoo financial reporting cheesy

Posting companies result on weekend dey get "K-Leg" sometimes lol (Joking)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by flexshop(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
Godisfaithful:

I just hope this result is not cooked. Anyway, let's enjoy while its last. Nigeria companies with voodoo financial reporting cheesy

Well, if anyone can work magic in Nigeria it's aliko dangote

Now I know dat Friday offer was fake

Wish I had loaded more at 7.9
Will try again at less dan 8.3
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mercylicious234: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
Agbalowomeri:
Abeg who see my Mercy?

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
flexshop:

Well, if anyone can work magic in Nigeria it's aliko dangote

Now I know dat Friday offer was fake

Wish I had loaded more at 7.9
Will try again at less dan 8.3

Sir, be careful with all your bids. Remember this is unaudited result and anything can happened in Q4. As some of the Ogas' stated, don't buy fiction, don't buy hope, and don't buy promissory notes in stocks. Buy facts, buy numbers(Real), and do more of your due diligence should incase things fall apart. Don't learn in a very hard way...

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
holm:

hmmm, best released result so far,,,,better than DS interm of valuation in my own opinion

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
Coolcash1:

@current price, clearly you have taken over from @peterrichy who brags himself as The Octopus... grin even loco dey follow u bumper to bumper... grin

My one cent is that you put a disclaimer before they blame you for their losses... grin

ok boss

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
it would be interesting to see what Alhaji did/doing to turn around the fortunes of this company...MBA guys over to you...Tiger brand would b bewildered at the moment....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by flexshop(m): 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
Godisfaithful:

Sir, be careful with all your bids. Remember this is unaudited result and anything can happened in Q4. As some of the Ogas' stated, don't buy fiction, don't buy hope, and don't buy promissory notes in stocks. Buy facts, buy numbers(Real), and do more of your due diligence should incase things fall apart. Don't learn in a very hard way...

All the best!

Yea..but knowing dangote is backed by the full faith of the government of the federal republic of Nigeria, grin grin
It's a worthy risk shortterm

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
holm:

Why was this result posted on Saturday? cool cool

I guess the result was sent to NSE after yesterday's trading. NSE is not opened on weekends and during public holidays.

The company only made the result public after NSE must have acknowledged receipt of the result.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
currentprice:

hmmm, best released result so far,,,,better than DS interm of valuation in my own opinion

grin

You done hammer sir grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
Waooooooooooooo

Dangote flour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........BEST RESULT SO FAR........NOW BACK TO PROFIT.......KM 15 VERY SOON..

.......LET ME LOAD MORE ON MONDAY BEFORE I GO REGRET......

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I guess the result was sent to NSE after yesterday's trading. NSE is not opened on weekends and during public holidays.

The company only made the result public after NSE must have acknowledged receipt of the result.

My oga they released it today so that we can study it very well this weekend.....then high dose steroid injection on monday......KM15 very soon..

.....we are making more money this year......NSE is the place to be now as NTB yield drops.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
Godisfaithful:

My oga......ALHAJI NO THE COOK RESULT.....THE RESULT IS ALREADY SERVED FOR SHARE HOLDERS TO CHOP FOOD ........DF back to profit......operation feed the nation by DF...loool

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
currentprice:

So what should be the current price grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
Infinitisi:

So what should be the current price grin grin grin

base on Q3 alone N25 grin

chi! where is peter and chiboking grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
ukay2:

My oga they released it today so that we can study it very well this weekend.....then high dose steroid injection on monday......KM15 very soon..

.....we are making more money this year......NSE is the place to be now as NTB yield drops.....

NSE must have gotten since yesterday, it was made public today I guess.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Obinkita(m), Jayklaziq(m), aimaft and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.