Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:14 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11037412 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) (2741) ... (7806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
where is Agba
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
currentprice:
where is Agba
Believe me,Agba is dressing his wound now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by McFabian07(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
OakPearl:

Veritas Registrars is the Registrar for Dangote Sugar.
Your dividend warrant might have been dispatched from them or returned unclaimed.
You will need to identify yourself with a valid ID.
Look for the nearest Veritas Registrars office or send them a mail - (enquiry@veritasregistrars.com)
Even if they cant find your warrant, an e-dividend form will be issued to you to fill and return to enable you claim this and future dividends directly in your bank account.
Best of luck.

Thanks a lot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
locodemy:

dressing his wound on what brov ,, if its on stock you're wrong. Agba is yet to enter mkt i can confirm this
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
currentprice:

dressing his wound on what brov ,, if its on stock you're wrong. Agba is yet to enter mkt i can confirm this
grin

Chai,so birds of same feathers are more here.Thank God.Cash is king.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
locodemy:

Chai,so birds of same feathers are more here.Thank God.Cash is king.
attack win u game, defence win u trophy
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
QUIET TIME IN THE MARKET- FUNDAMENTAL INVESTORS SNEAK INTO THE MARKET- ONE FUTURE BLUE CHIP WORTH BUYING NOW

The market is scary for now no doubt. However, the shares of International Breweries is likely to be a good buy. Using the earning trading system, tomorrow will be a good price to buy the stock. The foreign Investor in the business are very big when it comes to Brewing business in the world.

If cannot buy immediately for any reason, price around NGN42 will be a fantastic entry point. For this you may wait till about Wednesday an then buy if the price is still below NGNG50.

See the chart below. The current price is about .618% retracement. See the chart below.

Caution: Investing is a risky venture. This is just my opinion and I cannot be liable for any loss suffered as a result of following this recommendation All data used are assumed to be correct, but you may need to verify some of the figures independently.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
ihedioramma:
PETER DUBAI OR ANAMBRA?

This cracked me up... grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2017
Coolcash1:

This cracked me up... grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
Green Friday loading.... grin
U-TURNS go plenty soon... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:31am On Nov 17, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 17, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
Green Friday loading.... grin
U-TURNS go plenty soon... grin

I pray so.It will help to fasten the new method of carrying cash at hand not loooong things anymore.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 6:54am On Nov 17, 2017
locodemy:

I sighted some nurses around him a while ago grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 8:19am On Nov 17, 2017
Pls does any broker offer trading platform for Johannesburg exchange? or any other sound exchange excluding that of the u.S?
Trading just 4 hours a day, 5 days a week no dey belle full.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:22am On Nov 17, 2017
currentprice:
where is Agba
Agba who
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 9:15am On Nov 17, 2017
The colossus is ON. Watin do Agba?Trade with caution. Happy wknd
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 10:08am On Nov 17, 2017
I laugh when pple make some drastic comments about stocks just in a bid to drive down the price in other for them to position. If you want to be successful in NSE, it's simple. Be your own boss and avoid herd mentality. Conduct your due diligence and forget about price flunctuations. Set your targets and revise them as more reports come in.

I'm not were I want to be yet but I know God willing, I will get there in terms of stock studies and trend analysis. I have increased my holdings in Dangote flour and I pity those selling because of the comments on this forum.

Before you sell, consider the commission on sales and the commission it will cost you to buy the same quantity of shares again. Then consider the current holders of the stock. What if they are not WILLING to sell even with your bid? Will you shoot them?

Anyways, every mallam with his kettle

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2017
Cadillac15:
I laugh when pple make some drastic comments about stocks just in a bid to drive down the price in other for them to position. If you want to be successful in NSE, it's simple. Be your own boss and avoid herd mentality. Conduct your due diligence and forget about price flunctuations. Set your targets and revise them as more reports come in.

I'm not were I want to be yet but I know God willing, I will get there in terms of stock studies and trend analysis. I have increased my holdings in Dangote flour and I pity those selling because of the comments on this forum.

Before you sell, consider the commission on sales and the commission it will cost you to buy the same quantity of shares again. Then consider the current holders of the stock. What if they are not WILLING to sell even with your bid? Will you shoot them?

you have said it all grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 10:17am On Nov 17, 2017
@agba
@peterichy
@fxuser
@currentprice

and all nairalanders in the Nigerian Capital Market.

I think it is high time we started penetrating the boards of the listed companies by nominating people on this platform for member of audit committee and board of directors.
I notice that our activities here strongly affects movement of share prices

please lets brainstorm on this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:23am On Nov 17, 2017
samguru:
@agba
@peterichy
@fxuser
@currentprice

I think it is high time we started penetrating the boards of the listed companies by nominating people on this platform for member of audit committee and board of directors.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:30am On Nov 17, 2017
Stockmarket is a marathon o, not a sprint
You cannot win both races with the same approach grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2017
samguru:
@agba
@peterichy
@fxuser
@currentprice

especially with the 1kobo car park rule coming soon may be some companies can be renamed Nsempa grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2017
tritritri:
https://www.nairaland.com/4181191/fg-comes-up-action-plan

is this true ??

It's safe to assume it is. It's in the news already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2017
samguru:
@agba
@peterichy
@fxuser
@currentprice

Agba in that handle means to collect; does not mean senior grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2017
samguru:
@agba
@peterichy
@fxuser
@currentprice

i nominate DeRuggedProf as the chairman

just give me fin sec. abeg
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2017
caverton day do follow follow. cileasing go offer she follow offer, cileasing go bid she follow go bid grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:59am On Nov 17, 2017
currentprice:

i nominate DeRuggedProf as the chairman

just give me fin sec. abeg
grin

You mean treasurer?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2017
Agbalowomeri:

You mean treasurer?

yes sir
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2017
Cadillac15:

Well said.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BMZK: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2017
Chineme Okafor in Abuja

The Power Sector Recovery Programme (PSRP) recently developed by the federal government and the World Bank to revive Nigeria’s ailing power sector, has come up with an action plan for the sweeping restructuring of the 11 electricity distribution companies (Discos) that would enable government to take over any Disco found to be insolvent.

Details of the action plan, which THISDAY got from a workshop organised by the Ministry of Power, Works and Housing to educate the media on the expected workings of the PSRP, indicated that the government is planning to restructure the Discos to meet their responsibilities in the country’s privatised electricity market after a thorough forensic review of their operations.

The workshop was held on Wednesday evening in the ministry in Abuja. It had in attendance the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, the two ministers of state – Mr. Mustapha Shehuri and Mr. Suleiman Hassan – as well as heads of parastatals in the ministry, all of whom took time to explain the government’s plan in the PSRP.

The report further made recommendations for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to engage the Discos on revised business plans, which will be negotiated, finalised and implemented.

It also requires the government to “start the process of restructuring Discos that are found to require new capital injections”.

“This would involve NERC, BPE (Bureau of Public Enterprises), the Discos and other relevant parties. This may also involve the takeover of Discos with degraded financial positions,” said the PRSP report.

It however explained that before the takeover, technical competence reviews including forensic audits of all the Discos and the adequacy of their technical partners, should be undertaken to ensure that they had not failed in their initial agreements with the government after the privatisation exercise.

The document also revealed that there was an ongoing audit of the performance agreements and all direct agreements the government signed with operators in the sector to ensure that it was in compliance with its obligations.

It explained that there should also be measures to address the operational challenges of the Discos, which should include: “Develop case studies to determine the level of load rejections in the network, develop investment plans with clear impact analyses for increase in load across the network and in metering, and ensure regulatory measures are enforced.”

Also at the workshop, the Managing Director of the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc (NBET), Dr. Marilyn Amobi, debunked claims by the Discos through their umbrella association, the Association of Nigerian Electricity Distributors (ANED), that the electricity they distribute to Nigerians at an average of N31 per kilowatts hour (kWh) is retailed to them at N68/kWh.

Amobi, in her response to a question on how much the NBET really sells the electricity it procures from the generation companies (Gencos) to the Discos, stated that its retail price per kWh of electricity to the Discos had not exceeded N18/kWh.

Meanwhile, NERC has invited car dealers in the country to bid to supply it seven sport utility vehicles (SUV) for its commissioners.

The regulator, in a procurement notice it recently put out, requested bidders to supply the vehicles with specifications that include 4.6-litre engine capacity and V8 type. It equally noted that vehicles should have full options and must be 2018 models.

The commission, however, did not specify the exact make of the vehicles it wants to buy, but a price survey conducted by THISDAY on the commission’s specifications for the SUVs showed that a Toyota Land Cruiser V8 2018 model with full options currently starts from N55 million.

During the time of the Dr. Sam Amadi-led board, the commission reportedly bought Ford SUVs for its commissioners who left office in December 2015 when their tenure expired. It was not certain if the retired commissioners left with the SUVs.

In the tender notice, NERC said successful bidders would be given just six weeks from the date of the award of the contract to deliver the vehicles.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/11/17/fg-comes-up-with-action-plan-for-takeover-of-distressed-discos/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:24am On Nov 17, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) (2741) ... (7806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bassEQ2000, megawealth01, 222Martins(m), KarlTom, kdaddy, ogoo4real, aimaft, ggoldmine, Jonwest and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.