Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,534 members, 7,847,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11014550 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2748) (2749) (2750) (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
UBA is just distributing 50 naira notes. Lets see if it can do more in the coming days. market go sweet soon. Dancing makossa as I am preparing to do vuuuuuuuuuum.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
Investnow2017:

In that case, the main TARGET is you and I, the retail investors. THAT IS THE POINT, I THINK AGBA IS INSINUATING. And that is where the danger lies. During the past (or do I say ongoing) episode of PONZI schemes, a few guys arranged to scam the larger society by Providing Help (PH) and Getting Help (PH) among themselves to make it appear as if the scheme is genuine and working. Any unsuspecting non-member who ventures into the scheme ultimately suffers the guaranteed consequence, and before a large number gets to know the tricks, the bad market had been oversold to a sizeable cream of anxious victims. And to cushion the emotional distress, a good number resort to miracle churches and before you know it church attendance starts swelling. And meanwhile majority of these never consulted 'God' before throwing in their money.

Pump and Dump still exist, that is why many still having fingers yet unburnt are playing extremely safe in the NSE.

My decision is clear: C.I Leasing, please construct first, once the dust settles, I will join you to celebrate, even if it's a plate of jollof rice without meat reach me, I will be happy at least for being alive to witness your survival and hear your testiMONY grin grin grin

seconded!

Like i said before, my downfall during the magic period of 2007 was believing that i should be in every 'popular' stock.

Sometimes the best thing to buy is nothing.

The maturity to skip is priceless

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
Tony Elumelu said something is cooking in UBA. I am waiting for the food.Pls I need UBA gift for next year January.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
Manonamission:

That a company is making projections or calculations doesn't mean the market will rubber-stamp it. The reconstruction is 4 to 1 i.e one share for every four previously held.
The reconstructed shares have to be relisted and left to the market forces to price. The management can't tell where the pendulum will swing from post-consolidation price. Capitalization could drop or increase depending on market perception of the stock.
Equity Capital raising is likely a mix of rights, PP and Depository receipts. Nothing is certain yet.

Also note that the company is planning to borrow N20B in addition through issuance of bonds.

Closure date: 20th to 24th Nov. ( I guess ref price for the reconstruction will be closing price on the 20th)

Good luck to everyone embarking on this journey with C&I

Disclaimer: This is a personal opinion. My assumptions could be wrong too.

Back in the day, the stock will be placed on TS during capital raising. All sorts of magic will happen in this intervening period, some pigs blindly and excitedly head towards the abattoir grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
Manonamission:

That a company is making projections or calculations doesn't mean the market will rubber-stamp it. The reconstruction is 4 to 1 i.e one share for every four previously held.
The reconstructed shares have to be relisted and left to the market forces to price. The management can't tell where the pendulum will swing from post-consolidation price. Capitalization could drop or increase depending on market perception of the stock.
Equity Capital raising is likely a mix of rights, PP and Depository receipts. Nothing is certain yet.

Also note that the company is planning to borrow N20B in addition through issuance of bonds.

Closure date: 20th to 24th Nov. ( I guess ref price for the reconstruction will be closing price on the 20th)

Good luck to everyone embarking on this journey with C&I

Disclaimer: This is a personal opinion. My assumptions could be wrong too.
Succint.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
NoMoney:

Dear Samguru,

I will try to address your concerns

1.Liability: C&I Leasing has a lot of debt which is very sustainable. I will try to explain sustainable. If I can lend money at 13% from a bank and fix in treasury bills at 15% that debt is sustainable and the more debt I collect from the bank the better. If they are willing to lend me N100billion, I will collect. C&I leasing major debts are used to finance the purchase of vessels that are put on operating leases to the major IOCs such as shell, Chevron etc on fixed term contracts of 5-8 years. The cashflow from these contracts can pay off the loans while the vessels have a 50 years life span. Once the loans are paid off the remaining cashflow less operational costs translates to profit.

In lay man terms, If you are asked to take a N1billion loan to build a house and chevron is ready to rent the house for 5 years at N250ma year. In five years the rent pays the loan and interest whilst form the sixth year all the rent is mine once the loan has been paid off and the house is fully yours. Will you be willing to take this loan?

2. Abraaj, Custodian and Allied Assurance Leadway Assurance are major shareholders in the company. The Executive Vice Chairman also represents a major share holder in the company

3. The company offer the following services
a: Leasing of ships to IOCs. Revenue is in dollars
b: Provision of contract staff to major companies including Diamond Bank
c: Sale of Suzuki cars in nigeria (loss making at the moment)
d: Operator of the Hertz franchise in Nigera
e: diversifying into the power industry and other sectors
f: provision of car tracking services

4:Profits have been consistently growing but they need to raise additional equity given the volume of business to be tapped due to the cabotage law which favours Nigerian companies for the provision of shipping services in nigeria. they have previously relied on bank loans to finance the business and paid 2billion interest in 2016.

I am NOT a C&I leasing insider but yes I have shares in the company and I have done my research and the company is a resounding BUY.

1.if there debt is sustainable why issuing commercial papers and eager to raise fresh capital?

2 Those companies became shareholders as a result of conversion of debt instrument to equity,which to me is not the best way to get majority holding.

3.The company offer the following services
a: Leasing of ships to IOCs. Revenue is in dollars are you aware the competition is stiff now as more oil servicing companies are springing up as a result of sudden increase in crude oil price
b: Provision of contract staff to major companies including Diamond Bank profit from this segment is very slim when you consider the salary,medical expenses and other expenses to mention a few
c: Sale of Suzuki cars in nigeria (loss making at the moment) The brand is not buyable in Nigeria and that is the reason they are making loss,or if you want to buy car today would you think of suzuki brand?
d: Operator of the Hertz franchise in Nigeria oga wake up uber,taxify and other operators have dominated the car renting space in Nigeria and beyond
e: diversifying into the power industry and other sectors No No,the company will not see the light of the day as the industry is capital intensive and not profitable yet,going by their balance sheet they don't even stand a chance to be a mid player in the industry
f: provision of car tracking services what is tracking service? when any technician can do it for you, see let me tell you something if the 4.5G network is properly harnessed in Nigeria you can configure your phone for tracking

4:Profits have been consistently growing but they need to raise additional equity given the volume of business to be tapped due to the cabotage law which favours Nigerian companies for the provision of shipping services in nigeria. they have previously relied on bank loans to finance the business and paid 2billion interest in 2016.See profit growth is nothing to me, respect sustainability. I strongly believe you don't understand what Cabotage Law is ? if you understand go and ask the indigenous ship owners they will tell you it can not work in Nigeria though is good on paper.just ask anybody working in the seaports how indigenous ship owners are surviving.They thought the foreign companies have taken there work not realizing that they grossly lack the capacity to handle them and that is the reason why Federal government is considering floating shipping line. using more than 10% of your gross revenue to finance your debt is a recipe for catastrophe aaaaahahaha me I know dey

@Fxuser
@agbalowomeri
@peterichy
abeg make we continue sipping our cold kunu and zobo grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Looks like someone or people are taking over Tantalizers o, another Mr Biggs?...wish it could happen to RT Briscoe/Japaul/Wema etc!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
PharmAlfred:
Tony Elumelu said something is cooking in UBA. I am waiting for the food.Pls I need UBA gift for next year January.

What is cooking in uba is also cooking in Transcorp.
it wont take time the kasala go burst.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2017
@Samguru shocked shocked shocked

Are these fresh revelations or you knew all these about the company when you were targeting N4? I assumed the reconstruction news was the only problem the 'Numbers' crew had against this stock.

Na wa o cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
locodemy:

Make we wait for d food to don. Something tells me the food is huge. Elumelu took to Twitter to announce it.
Looks like the bears are not going to win this month.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
locodemy:

Loco! Loco!! Loco!!! How many times did I call you? Don't tell me you have come again o. What news is cooking in Transcorp that you have been talking about since?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
PharmAlfred:

Make we wait for d food to don. Something tells me the food is huge. Elumelu took to Twitter to announce it.
Looks like the bears are not going to win this month.

Bears with long bear bear is coming o.
Just take your xmas gift and do vuuuuuum.
Remember rule 1 kobo is restructuring the market by January.
Dont be greedy now because of the the bull you are about to see.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
Bianco1:
Looks like someone or people are taking over Tantalizers o, another Mr Biggs?...wish it could happen to RT Briscoe/Japaul/Wema etc!!!

the fear of 1k is the beginning of capital preservation!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
locodemy:

@locodemy Is this You or Peterichy ? Is it over happiness ? let me know if u've any secret ooh..do not forget dis is stock market ooh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
Manonamission:

Loco! Loco!! Loco!!! How many times did I call you? Don't tell me you have come again o. What news is cooking in Transcorp that you have been talking about since?

PART 1

President, African Development Bank, Dr Akinwumi Adesina says the bank would invest $12bn in the power sector in
Africa in four years with the goal of leveraging on the aviation sector. The AfDB is a multilateral development finance
institution aimed at fighting poverty and improving the living conditions on African continent by promoting the
investment of public and private capital in projects and programmes that are likely to contribute to the economic and
social development of the region.
The bank’s investment in the sector covered building new airports in Ghana, Senegal, Casablanca and building of new
infrastructure in Morocco.
As for Nigeria, the bank president said the government was developing a new aviation sector investment plan, adding
that the government was interested in a number of areas.“First is we are looking at how to support more investment in
airport infrastructure; they are also looking at how to create aircraft maintenance, repair and also overhaul facility.“But
one of the biggest problems in Africa is we do not have any aircraft leasing facilities and that is one of the things that
the government is looking at.“We are looking at upgrading some of the navigational infrastructures.“So as a bank, we are
very strong supporters of the government. The bank’s portfolio in Nigeria is over $6billion. He added.
It would be recalled that the bank had earlier promised to increase its investment in Nigeria by $4.1bilion between 2016
and 2017and raise it up to $10billion by 2019.

PART 2 ON THE WAY

PART 3: Kasala go burst zaaaaaaaaaaaa!

KEEP EYES ON CAVERTON...........MONEY MAKING MACHINE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
NoMoney:

I see the share price getting to N3 or (N12 post construction) before the rights issue.

C&I Leasing is a company valued at N2.5 billion at the moment on track to make N1b full year PAT. How low can it really go? It has the fundamentals to more than support the current share price. The management seems to be preparing the company for the second stage of its growth trajectory given its asset base and deal pipeline.

You have so much confidence in the result.

What is the track record of this company to deliver on what they promise? This is like another OandO in the making!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
wanaj0:

You have so much confidence in the result.

What is the track record of this company to deliver on what they promise? This is like another OandO in the making!

Aberg Just leave OANDO out of this...oando has ruined many life .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
locodemy:

locodemy

don't scare us again with rule one kobo again.

Bears have dealt with me in the past, I am not afraid of any bear again, January is almost here we shall rock the boat together
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
tritritri:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when hear O before you call the rest I disappear.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 2:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
tritritri:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

This guy sef.......discover your talent abeg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
samguru:

locodemy

don't scare us again with rule one kobo again.

Bears have dealt with me in the past, I am not afraid of any bear again, January is almost here we shall rock the boat together

Wetin you see in the past is bears but you never see the long bear bear one.
wait you will see it after this xmas gifts.check the sample below:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
locodemy:

Wetin you see in the past is bears but you never see the long bear bear one.
wait you will see it after this xmas gifts.check the sample below:

This one nah gottish Bear grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
Manonamission:

I can authoritatively tell you that Chevron won't pay you 250m rentage for your property of N1B except it's going to be theirs after the 5 years. cheesy My brother if it was that easy to make money, we will be seeing N1000 bills on the ground every now and then.
Looks to me like the money will be used to service long standing debt that has been bugging the company and then fresh debt raised for the future. No be small thing.

Reminds me of Japaul (Jegede, God is watching you o). The company paid dividends for a few years, gave bonus and then came for a Public Offer. They wanted to increase their fleet to take advantage of the Cabotage Act. He also mentioned earning in dollars then. Chai see ego cheesy They purchased Tug boats and all. The rest is history.

My point is, don't make assumptions that can be too costly. I see you have done a lot of work in researching the pros of this investment. You should put in double effort to unearth the risk. Thereafter you can go for it with all that you have got, if convinced. I want to assume you have done this sha.

The company appears to be growing but doesn't look stable to me. Anyway, we all take risk. Yeah, the stocks in our different portfolios represent that. All the best bro.

Nigerian companies cook figures before offers, then proceed on OFFERS and the unsuspecting public give them what they CAN NEVER make in 10Yrs.
They spend the next ten years spending the offered loot after preparing a 10yr loss report in advance, from the time the offer was ongoing... grin
JAPAUL, DAAR etc etc.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
NB
Dividend loaded!

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
locodemy:

Loco,,,you have good knowledge on stock investment but there is one thing about you i don't know,, you use to identify good stock with high probabilities of good capital gain, you will even tell everyone to buy and keep even if the price fall, this shows the level of confident you have on such stock.... but yourself will ignore such stock to buy another stock on hope grin

example was dangote flour you ask everybody to buy and continue assuring buyer not to panic with any post against DF but you never buy single unit of this stock instead you buy and continue average down on fcmb grin grin

another one is caverton, your research threw more light on this stock and encourage pple to buy.. some smart trader made 40% on this stock within 7 days but u didn't buy single unit grin grin grin

the latest one is etenal oil, you have seen probabilities of good capital gain on this stock you ask pple to buy. with confidence you told member you will buy from him later around 5.50 but instead of u to buy at the 3.70 you are buying hope on transcorp

is this village thinz,,,or wisdom working against u grin grin grin anyway it not too later for eterna still at N4 today grin by this time of next year you might look back at eternal price and have embarassed embarassed embarassed.....
vv
v

locodemy:
My people,
I am off to my RSA my usual dwelling place to rest.I will be back to meet you guys again by sept.
Dangote flour followers,dont panic.Anyone deceiving you on it is taking position gradually to slow the price movement.Always make use of your wisdom anyday anytime.see you all again at a buying/selling time.Byeeeeeeeeeee!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
bigjay01:

seconded!

Like i said before, my downfall during the magic period of 2007 was believing that i should be in every 'popular' stock.

Sometimes the best thing to buy is nothing.

The maturity to skip is priceless

Rare words and wisdom.
Why perform a naming ceremony before delivery....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
Manonamission:
@Samguru shocked shocked shocked

Are these fresh revelations or you knew all these about the company when you were targeting N4? I assumed the reconstruction news was the only problem the 'Numbers' crew had against this stock.

Na wa o cheesy

There has never been A SINGLE reconstruction on NSE without the eventual HOSPITALIZATION of 'THE NUMBERS'. Last year, I could NEVER touch FIDELITY coz I was NEVER COMFORTABLE with its OS and was thinking julius Berger could be contracted any moment... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
tritritri:

Don't worry, the ruined lives will resurrect some day, even if not in this generation smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
currentprice:

Loco,,,you have good knowledge on stock investment but there is one thing about you i don't know,, you use to identify good stock with high probabilities of good capital gain, you will even tell everyone to buy and keep even if the price fall, this shows the level of confident you have on such stock.... but yourself will ignore such stock to buy another stock on hope grin

example was dangote flour you ask everybody to buy and continue assuring buyer not to panic with any post against DF but you never buy single unit of this stock instead you buy and continue average down on fcmb grin grin

another one is caverton, your research threw more light on this stock and encourage pple to buy.. some smart trader made 40% on this stock within 7 days but u didn't buy single unit grin grin grin

the latest one is etenal oil, you have seen probabilities of good capital gain on this stock you ask pple to buy. with confidence you told member you will buy from him later around 5.50 but instead of u to buy at the 3.70 you are buying hope on transcorp

is this village thinz,,,or wisdom working against u grin grin grin anyway it not too later for eterna still at N4 today grin by this time of next year you might look back at eternal price and have embarassed embarassed embarassed.....
vv
v

That is his talent. Very rare one grin That is why I so much like him. He has added PRAYER to the equation, as we were made to understand a while ago cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
DaV8King:
NB
Dividend loaded!

grin grin grin

While the price smokes away.... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2748) (2749) (2750) (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pakso, allabouttolu and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.