Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:42 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11024705 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) ... (7801) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2017
kokobaba:

This is my opinion as regards the stock market in 2018. The first half of the year will be bullish while the second half will be bearish because of the forthcoming general elections in 2019. This is just my opinion.
Just because of election?
I don't belive this conclusion.
It should be both bulish and bearish, with the bull carrying the day.
I don't forsee election crises

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2017
Manonamission:
Ejo, What's Vetiva seeing? I don't seem to understand the basis for this overoptimistic projection. shocked shocked

I'll gladly accept the gift though cheesy

The veil behind the 1.50 Diamond accumulation grin
I am convinced both will return at least a 100% in 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2017
yok:
SOME STOCK IDEAS FOR 2018- VERTVA HIGH CONVICTION PICKS

That 2018 will be a good year for the stock market is no more news. How do we position ourselves for it. The list below is a good one. Then I will add:

• Fidelity- Good performance Expected
• Caverton- 2018 election campaign, plus rising oil price. The economy will play into the hand of this company. Good for quick gains (just target like May and Baker, take your quick 20 to 30% gain and get out before the big crowd).
• Dangote Flour- No stopping this company, with the world price of wheat flat for a long time and likely to remain, this ATM must dispense cash.

I will just continue to watch to know when my technical will tell me that free money is not only available, but available fast. I have waited too long in Transcorp this year (since July at a stagnant price of 1.43, very frustrating although I am not losing, but for me not good enough.

As usual you can read all the English on this link (https://www.proshareng.com/admin/upload/reports/10879-Nigeria2018OutlookActaNonVerba-proshare.pdf) plus some other ideas, but the meat of the whole 169 pages is the list below. The 2017 performance makes the list too good to ignore.

On the MSCI addition, the fund seems to be on holiday after adding more Seplat (like the only Oil producing company now, until OANDO gets out of the SEC mess). UAC and Unilever no more in the daily list as at 27 December 2017, which stock will replace these?? This is why the list is worth following. The fund entered Fidelity, now others are now putting head, except there is a big disaster in Nigeria Fidelity Bank is likely to move higher.

Caution: Investing is a risky venture. This is just my opinion and I cannot be liable for any loss suffered as a result of following this recommendation All data used are assumed to be correct, but you may need to verify some of the figures independently. You can check data at https://www.globalxfunds.com/funds/nge/ for the movement in the MSCI Nigeria fund

Their 2017 prediction was top notch
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Parisfran(f): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Same way nobody wanted to touch first bank@ N3.00 some few months ago, but investors have made close to 200% from the stock.

NB, I don't have neither Diamond bank nor FCMB in my portfolio.
I get the idea of value investing, I encouraged my folks to buy FBNH at N 3.5. I didn't have the money to buy at the time but I saw the value.

But that doesn't mean every crooked looking stock is going to be a value machine in 9 months. Until I see 2017 YE results, DB remains a bad buy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2017
Parisfran:

I get the idea of value investing, I encouraged my folks to buy FBNH at N 3.5. I didn't have the money to buy at the time but I saw the value.

But that doesn't mean every crooked looking stock is going to be a value machine in 9 months. Until I see 2017 YE results, DB remains a bad buy.

Never neglect the value of fundamentals before buying into a company's stock. That's the only reviving factor when the price goes down cos u know it would surely go up again.
U're correct on your view of diamond bank. The fundamentals are not currently in a good shape. But we are watching it closely.....waiting for either the Q4 2017 or Q1 2018 result to make a decision.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Agbalowomeri:

Their 2017 prediction was top notch

Is it possible for us to see their 2017 predictions now so as to judge them
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2017
Good day my brother's and sister's in the LORD . I thank GOD for his love/mercy to us for we all to see the last treading day in NSE 2017 and pray for us all to see the open of NSE next year and make more and more money for our need's in JESUS NAME AMEN . ONE LOVE . REMEMBER WHY JESUS CAME .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2017
Calebbold:

Never neglect the value of fundamentals before buying into a company's stock. That's the only reviving factor when the price goes down cos u know it would surely go up again.
U're correct on your view of diamond bank. The fundamentals are not currently in a good shape. But we are watching it closely.....waiting for either the Q4 2017 or Q1 2018 result to make a decision.

The fact is that some stocks with bad fundamentals are over punished by investors hence they may become undervalued, while some stocks with good fundamentals are over compensated in the market and they end up being over priced.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:01am On Dec 29, 2017
pluto09:

Download the report,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2017
pluto09:

https://www.proshareng.com/admin/upload/reports/10879-Nigeria2018OutlookActaNonVerba-proshare.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2017
Manonamission:

I thought your recommendation was to SELL or give it a two year horizon since there's nothing interesting about it. cheesy

I was expecting this...If you read my post carefully, the bolded was directed at short term players (@currentprice can help search it out... grin) because most members on this forum are after quick cap appreciation. So, I have not misled anybody. I am in the bus because i am ready to go a yard with the company subject to periodic review of the fundamentals...

Dis: hold some units in my portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2017
RabbiDoracle:

This bank will gain 10% today.

The eyes on it are many. Expect the price to hit the range of 2.7 to 2.73.

Lafarge/Wapco will gain 10% today.

Expect the price to hit N49:50

*ThE OcToPuS*

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

The fact is that some stocks with bad fundamentals are over punished by investors hence they may become undervalued, while some stocks with good fundamentals are over compensated in the market and they end up being over priced.

I cannot but agree more with you....That is why we all say mr. market has its own mind.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:13am On Dec 29, 2017
pluto09:

2017 prediction. They recommended 10 stocks.

GTB @ 24.7
Zenith @ 14.8
UBA @ 4.5

Access @ 5.87
Flour Mills @ 18.5 Dangote sugar @ 6.11
Dangote cement @ 174
Lafarge @ 41
Presco @ 40.10

Okomu @ 40.20

The quoted prices were as at 1st January 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2017
Coolcash1:

I cannot but agree more with you....That is why we all say mr. market has its own mind.

Smart investors can make money from the anomaly in the market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2017
FO.... Should I take it that some people have seen the FY result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:25am On Dec 29, 2017
Coolcash1:

I was expecting this...If you read my post carefully, the bolded was directed at short term players (@currentprice can help search it out... grin) because most members on this forum are after quick cap appreciation. So, I have not misled anybody . I am in the bus because i am ready to go a yard with the company subject to periodic review of the fundamentals...

Dis: hold some units in my portfolio

It had nothing to do with the bolded. Just surprised you took up your rights and even bought more of a stock you felt was worth nothing more than N25 and is better off being sold to Dangote Cement. If you think it's a good stock for long term, then your call should be BUY for the long term wink
Subconsciously, I had an impression Coolcash1 is bearish and pessimistic about the immediate future of Wapco. Logically, it implies you will stay away until the coast is clear (your stand most times).
Like I said, I didn't expect that revelation from you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 29, 2017
PETERiCHY:

Lafarge/Wapco will gain 10% today.
Expect the price to hit N49:50
*ThE OcToPuS*
It is on full offer now. Do you think it can turn to green before closing?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2017
Market closes for the year 2017 by 12:30pm cheesy kiss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:30am On Dec 29, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

https://www.proshareng.com/admin/upload/reports/10879-Nigeria2018OutlookActaNonVerba-proshare.pdf

What I saw in the report is the the actual returns for those stocks under review. I would however prefer to see the predictions for 2017. e. g what was the predictions for GTB in terms of expected % gain in 2017 as against the actual returns of 61.1% that the stock made.
Would also love to see not only their buy recommendations but the sell recommendations for 2017 too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2017
Seems like Peter sold his Wapco shares yesterday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2017
Just discovering that fcmb is gradually receiving attention from investors more than diamond bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2017
The high volume people have raised their transaction value to N1.47 in Transcorp. Na una sabi wetin una dey do o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:35am On Dec 29, 2017
Manonamission:

It had nothing to do with the bolded. Just surprised you took up your rights and even bought more of a stock you felt was worth nothing more than N25 and is better off being sold to Dangote Cement. If you think it's a good stock for long term, then your call should be BUY for the long term wink
Subconsciously, I had an impression Coolcash1 is bearish and pessimistic about the immediate future of Wapco. Logically, it implies you will stay away until the coast is clear (your stand most times).
Like I said, I didn't expect that revelation from you.

Bros, nobody's post here on the market is cast in stone. Mr. market has the final say...BTW, i am only pessimistic about the company's short term future but bullish on long term which has always and remain my position.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:36am On Dec 29, 2017
Manonamission:
The high volume people have raised their transaction value to N1.47 in Transcorp. Na una sabi wetin una dey do o

Someone just bought 32M at N1.47...something is happening in this transcorp ooo. I am tempted to buy more...

@bullbearmkt and @fxuser please your technical insight is required here...abeg..biko.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 29, 2017
Manonamission:

seems all these high volume are cross deals.
@10.30,more than 80m+ units sold.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:42am On Dec 29, 2017
locodemy:

It is on full offer now.
Do you think it can turn to green before closing?

360,000 available at higher bid is too small an offer for WAPCO. Once the big boys buy am finish....

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Manonamission:
Ejo, What's Vetiva seeing? I don't seem to understand the basis for this overoptimistic projection. shocked shocked

I'll gladly accept the gift though cheesy

They are high on oxygen!!!

Overoptimistic!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:43am On Dec 29, 2017
locodemy:

It is on full offer now.
Do you think it can turn to green before closing?

Today it opened 5% upside @N47:25 and the French guys are secretly mopping the offers.

If you are observant since the close of the right issue their MM has been releasing huge offers to scare the faint hearted away and keep the price down in order to for them to buy more at low price but now it seems the journey to the next level is about to COMMENCE.

Welcome to 2018 the year of the NEW DAWN.

*ThE OcToPuS*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:45am On Dec 29, 2017
locodemy:

seems all these high volume are cross deals.
@10.30,more than 80m+ units sold.

They are crossed deals. I just highlighted the progression in the value per share of the trades. I have seen c.1.26, 1.3x, 1.41, 1.44 and now 1.47. No idea what is going on.

Disclaimer: Not a recommendation to BUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 29, 2017
locodemy:
Friends,Today will be the last trading day at nse in 2017.
we are ending positive,we will begin 2018 in a positive note and end it with lots of achievements derived from the stock market.
I want to declare that we all will be alive to eat the fruits of our labours in 2018.
2018 is a year full of blessings even pastor Adebayor of Reedemed church has said it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE IN ADVANCE............

When I read up to the part in bold...I thought oga wanted to declare shayo for boys. When fruits come begin enter, I just scroll fast fast.

grin

Happy new year too bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) ... (7801) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: beejay1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.