Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,287 members, 7,853,358 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:08 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2868) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11042240 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) ... (7807) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
tritritri:

This is worrisome sir. Anything to reduce it or to escape it sir ?

Read " 101 investment lessons from the wizards of Wall Street" by Michael Sincere
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
Just learn to be cautiously optimistic and always have a plan B, C and maybe D.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
Just learn to be cautiously optimistic and always have a plan B, C and maybe D.

I really wanna go all in on DF in 2018 , but anytime i hear nse school fee ..i get scared.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
If you are interested in Knowing Free Cash Flow.You can read the attached.

Cash is king in business.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
One of my prayer points tonight for 2018 will be binding the spirit of itchy fingers in Fxuser's words. grin grin grin Real money is made having patience.
In fact I want if I have no new trade to make, I would not login, but rather check close of price for the day.
Happy new year partners.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
tritritri:

This is worrisome sir. Anything to reduce it or to escape it sir ?

I don't think the bolded is possible. Is like saying you want to board a flight without collecting boarding pass... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Read " 101 investment lessons from the wizards of Wall Street" by Michael Sincere

i get tired when people post books by foreign investors to understand our own local market. Is it that there is no Nigerian successful investor that have written a book on our own NSE? Sharing insightful nuggets on wealth creation through the Nigerian bourse.. grin

#justThinking

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
tritritri:

I really wanna go all in on DF in 2018 , but anytime i hear nse school fee ..i get scared.

I won't advise such strategy. I tried it and my gut warned me to reduce my exposure. This I had to do and the proceeds was invested in DS and Diamond...diversification preserves capital.

My one cent.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
valacious:
One of my prayer points tonight for 2018 will be binding the spirit of itchy fingers in Fxuser's words. grin grin grin Real money is made having patience.
In fact I want if I have no new trade to make, I would not login, but rather check close of price for the day.
Happy new year partners.

God will answer your prayers. More so, Have a system and stick to it. If you don't see what you want , keep your money.

Patience is golden.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
People will pay school fees and get investment lessons from the Nigeria stock exchange and Investment generally in 2018.

Always do your due diligence, diversify your investments, learn how to value businesses and Investment, cash flow is key and remember that cash is king.

Don't chase hot money, unless you are prepared to bear the consequence of a burnt finger.

sellydion:

sellydion:

God will answer your prayers. More so, Have a system and stick to it. If you don't see what you want , keep your money.

Patience is golden.

grin grin grin grin grin

only for those who have ear to hear grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
Coolcash1:

i get tired when people post books by foreign investors to understand our own local market. Is it that there is no Nigerian successful investor that have written a book on our own NSE? Sharing insightful nuggets on wealth creation through the Nigerian bourse.. grin

#justThinking

Some years back during the stock market boom I read a few books authored by Nigerians on investing/making money in the Nigerian stock market. Truth be told they were poorly written and seemed more about motivational and hype than any other thing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Please Sir, an you share a link on this book pdf download......Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2017
Coolcash1:

#justThinking

I think NSEPA forum is the best book for newbies......compendum from all the ogas in NSE

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:04pm On Dec 31, 2017
sellydion:

Thanks guy..

Plsase anymore links for more good stock or investing books
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by smiliyB(f): 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
rationalmind:

I'll advice you follow this thread for a minimum of a year, that was what I did when in your shoes.

It's your hard earned money (I suppose) and you shouldn't be in a rush to lose it.
Alright... thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by smiliyB(f): 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
ihedioramma:
You are wellcome . Read from page 0 to 10 befor the year end . one love .
Okay,I'm already on it,thanks alot.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
ukay2:

Please Sir, an you share a link on this book pdf download......Thanks.

Sorry I have the hard copy of the book, but you can do a google search for the soft copy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
Coolcash1:

#justThinking

New York and London stock exchange are between 200 to 300 years old, while Nigeria stock exchange is less than 60 years ago.

I will prefer to read from the wizards of Wall Street and London stock exchange.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Infinitisi:

Some years back during the stock market boom I read a few books authored by Nigerians on investing/making money in the Nigerian stock market. Truth be told they were poorly written and seemed more about motivational and hype than any other thing.

Could it be because of the African syndrome of hiding one's secret from people that made these books (if they ever exist-coz I have used searched engine but none came up) lack content?

#JustSaying
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

New York and London stock exchange are between 200 to 300 years old, while Nigeria stock exchange is less than 60 years ago.

I will prefer to read from the wizards of Wall Street and London stock exchange.

Emma, I see your point because those markets are developed..Investors over there are also sophisticated and information savvy. However, I just feel it will really really be more interesting if there is any literature on proven techniques in making money from NSE...

JustThinking
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Sorry I have the hard copy of the book, but you can do a google search for the soft copy.

Sir i have searched google to no avail
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
Coolcash1:

Emma, I see your point because those markets are developed..Investors over there are also sophisticated and information savvy. However, I just feel it will really really be more interesting if there is any literature on proven techniques in making money from NSE...

JustThinking

Learn to distil, digest, adapt and apply there experience to the Nigerian market, I guess that is the reason our education.

They have experienced worst and more bear market than us, they have equally experienced better, longer and more bull market than us.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2017
Infinitisi:

I agree with you. They are mainly motivational. How a man used N4,000 that he wanted to use to buy a brand new VW beetle in 1976 or so to buy first bank shares and how much that N4,000 has become grin

You won't blame them. They don't understand the science behind it. They don't understand the science of stock selection!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Coolcash1:

#justThinking

As oga Emma explained, they have had a more developed market than ours and have had a time tested strategy. You need to see advice from those books with experience rather than those without.

There is a science behind investing in stock. But here people just buy and sell. But reading foreign books make us understand the science behind it. All strategies are exposed.

Let me take you back in time. In some tribes in Africa, if you are sick(a type of illness), the chief priest instructs that they should bury you with your head exposed. You will stay like that for some days before you are removed and you get rejuvenated.

Later on, scientists discovered that the practice was to allow decaying radioactive materials to irradiate the person and he gets treated. More like going for radiation treatment! grin

The Africans didn't understand the science behind the healing but it works for them and they don't question. However the scientists come and tell them the science behind it.

The same is applicable in investing in Nigeria. Lots that may been successful will know it is buy low and sell high. But the science behind it is same but with lots of explanations on why you need to buy low and sell high. That is where value investing, contrarian investing, technical analysis, fundamental analysis etc all come in.

You open doors when you open books!!!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
tritritri:

Reason is because people have bought low and waiting for the herd to come. Now prices are bidded higher and if you are not careful, you will be the one carrying the "last can" depending on your timing. grin

If you carry the " last can" and there is a reversal, which school fees pass that one. In short, you have paid lab fees, hostel fees and bukka fees join am grin

They are just warning you to be careful. You need the services of FX and BBM more to predict the future for you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
sellydion:

Patience is golden.

You are just realising.

Except if you are a cheetah that will just bounce out and laugh at the animal because you can't beat its speed.

Most predators that are not cheetahs, stalk, wait and wait and time. This is PATIENCE!!!!

You get a large kill by doing that.

Cheetah in this analogy are those big money guys that require 50kobo rise in price and they are making hundreds of millions.

But we wey be hyenas, my dear, we no get such speed. So we can stalk, wait, wait, wait and then we pounce. We are patient just like the bingo dog that follows "onye afo ukwu"!!!

grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
Coolcash1:

Could it be because of the African syndrome of hiding one's secret from people that made these books (if they ever exist-coz I have used searched engine but none came up) lack content?

#JustSaying

On a lighter note, the white ancestors tried writing on scrolls, leaves but our African ancestors prefer to etch on stones or draw depictions.

Maybe na that thing still dey follow us grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:09am On Jan 01, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Happy new year/new life to you all my brother's and sister's in the LORD . May we remember to alway's do what JESUS teach us and may his mercy follow us to the end AMEN . (JOHN 14:29) , JOHN 3:16 ) ONE LOVE .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by elpiro: 12:22am On Jan 01, 2018
I see that the gurus are all out dishing nuggets of wisdom, more like tutorials before we commence 2018 trading sessions.
Thanks to you all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) ... (7807) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), crownprince2017, drotba(m), 222Martins(m), kdaddy, talktofemi, 2zona(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.