Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,706 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2982) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11039652 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2979) (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) ... (7806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
As far as am concern, NSE is best for every living Nigeria individual to invest. Always invest monthly in sound fundamental stocks for dividend, if you are working class citizen. The same goes to business classes too.
Come rain come son, you will never regret, pa Emma, I always likes your strategy. You are indeed a role model.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yayira:
mee too sir I humbly apply for the position of cook. I sabi cook shito, Waakye and kenkey. @ Tritritri

Which kind meal be this ones....abeg no go cook poison for tritritri oo.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
tritritri:

Sir he might have sold at 50 naira or 70 naira.

I dey go AGM regularly and do interact with retired teachers, soldiers (no be the ogas), junior civil servants, lecturers etc. Who bought shares in the 70s during the indegenisation policy of Obasanjo and also bought during the privatization policy of Babangida, but these average old folks hardly sell and their portfolio sizes are in the hundreds of millions.
These old folks who are in their 60s and 80s are not a burden on their children and do not have to rely on the irregular pension from government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
mendes911:

Funny... CP, I go blow you head knock!

You know that some stock do pari passu in terms of price increase/decrease. I believe UBA/ACCESS are currently playing same.

Just the same way we had Fidelity/FCMB/Diamond playing their catch up game.

The thing about Access Bank is that if "that" seller had held back his/her/their shares for just 2/3 trading days, the shares will be sold at an additional N3.... But seriously needs to offload immediately and never gets done with it.

Remember how Diamond Bank shares were offloaded last year. They couldn't get a cross deal partner, they proceeded to float the shares at N1.00 and everything was done within a matter of days. And there was no bull then.

Maybe part of what has made it difficult for Access Bank is the fact that no institutional investor with deep pockets is looking their way. I hope there will be fresh news soon that will attract them.

Meanwhile we keep watching the stock for another round of cico.

Take this from me, the next part of bull will be trigger by Access and UBA bank, between now and April. Both should be selling above #20.

Dangote sugar, has done its own some months back, followed by it's brother Dangote flour recently, now FCMB, Fidelity, Diamond bank, CCNN, Honeywell, Skye bank, conoil, Eterna, mobile, are taking their turn.

Access bank, time is coming closer, and then don't expect much from some that are having their turn now, except those in the oil sector, that has a lot of upward potentials, due to current oil Price boom.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
wanaj0:

Nothing strange about it. He was taking a margin loan most likely. He use his N200m to get a margin loan of N200m so invested N600m in the Capital Market with the expectation of 100% returns within a short time thus having N1.2bn. He will now return the N400m with interest and still have his N800m left!

The money to be made was attractive so it will be 'stupid' not to put all his all into it.

He paid expensive tuition fee!

I do margin trading, but the margin cover is too low. I do between 180% and 200%.
In this case the man did a margin cover of about 150%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
Coolcash1:

Which kind meal be this ones....abeg no go cook poison for tritritri oo.... grin
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
I

A retired Sales Representative sold his house( a block of 4 units of 3 bedroom apartment) at Ketu Lagos for N2 million because of tenants wahala, failure to pay rent etc. This happened in 1999, not long when Obasanjo came to power.

And used the money to buy more stocks of the company he worked for and just retired from.
Nestle was between N19 and N20, in 1999 and 2000.

Can you comfortably use this same narrative for a branch manager working then in International Bank or Oceanic Bank and having bought shares of same bank?

We always choose to highlight the success stories.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
mendes911:

Can you comfortably use this same narrative for a branch manager working then in International Bank or Oceanic Bank and having bought shares of same bank?

We always choose to highlight the success stories.

Some started jijo with sound stocks since then must have make more than double of what the guy made.
I am not saying long term is not good but it depends on ones plan.LOCO CANT TRY IT.I CAN GIVE MAXIMUM OF 2 YEARS IF NEED.........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

I dey go AGM regularly and do interact with retired teachers, soldiers (no be the ogas), junior civil servants, lecturers etc. Who bought shares in the 70s during the indegenisation policy of Obasanjo and also bought during the privatization policy of Babangida, but these average old folks hardly sell and their portfolio sizes are in the hundreds of millions.
These old folks who are in their 60s and 80s are not a burden on their children and do not have to rely on the irregular pension from government.

100% correct.
My late dad is one example of those old retired headmasters, who taught in 60s, 70s, and 80s.
In fact, all his stocks are intact, including his bonuses. The dividend that comes to him from different companies, was usually more than his pension before his death, even up till now.

I joined stocks market early, due to the knowledge I got from him early.

These days, the activities of jijo mindset, seems to have affected the market negatively.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
locodemy:

Some started jijo with sound stocks since then must have make more than double of what the guy made.
I am not saying long term is not good but it depends on ones plan.LOCO CANT TRY IT.I CAN GIVE MAXIMUM OF 2 YEARS IF NEED.........

Some makes it, and later loses it, and was frustrated out of the market.
Please were is Dumexoga?

But investors, never leave the market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
All these bull stories have started!!!

in 2008 i bought 4000 units @10+ if ETI bank. (N44000+)

in 2009 they did reverse share split (1 for 3) i had only 1333 units in the end.

in 2017 they did another reserve split (1 for 20!) now i have 275 units only valued at N19..

Total value is about N5500 now!

BEWARE OF THE STOCK MARKET;
Price is not everything...
it is moving is not a buy criteria!

my dangote flour went from N15 (2008 IPO)
to N1 and just now made N16.. After 10 years!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by AVECDEO: 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Who does that? Sold your house for 200m and borrowed additional 400 million.
Mr Ewunmi, have you forgotten so soon.... shareplus era.... I remembered you saw it coming and discharged fast....you've always gotten hold if this market... more grace to your able.

Respect doyen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
RealityShot:
All these bull stories have started!!!

in 2008 i bought 4000 units @10+ if ETI bank. (N44000+)

in 2009 they did reverse share split (1 for 3) i had only 1333 units in the end.

in 2017 they did another reserve split (1 for 20!) now i have 275 units only valued at N19..

Total value is about N5500 now!

BEWARE OF THE STOCK MARKET;
Price is not everything...
it is moving is not a buy criteria!

my dangote flour went from N15 (2008 IPO)
to N1 and just now made N16.. After 10 years!

And you refused to identify the village cabal?.. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
Staying in the market at all time reduces your portfolio efficiency

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
locodemy:

People have refused to accept the fact that what works for A must not work for B.

Some thrive only on long term while others do on short term/ JIJO.

No specific method is superior!

I have cycled Diamond (severally and heavily) from 84k all the way to 1.86 when I became uncomfortable with the share price. Would it have been better if am still on the bus, YES but do I regret it, capital NO.

We will still board the bus again after the whole noise must have died down. Onyemaechi? N1.00 won't be bad (though it may be unattractive at this price when the time comes). This is NSE where impossibility doesn't exist.

Skye Bank was once very attractive at N4.00 but I later cycled it from 50k to 76k.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Staying in the market at all time reduces your portfolio efficiency

I learnt this after the crash, after a hefty tuition. . grin
You don't always fight the Russians in their weather.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

And you rebranded from 'Dexter loves Afriprud' grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

And you rebranded from 'Dexter loves Afriprud' grin

Never used that..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
Bitcoin still on the spiral down
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Money doubler
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

lol.. After the crash.. My broker's website disappeared!
even today, their site is still a dummy and i only recently discovered their new email.. But still it takes a week to get a reply.

not that some want to stay in the market all the time.. It wasnt easy to go home.

#village people.. Them no get my address.. I never go village since 2008.. They got nothing on me..

BAD stockbroker and greedy board of directors to blame..but i dont blame.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
AVECDEO:
Mr Ewunmi, have you forgotten so soon.... shareplus era.... I remembered you saw it coming and discharged fast....you've always gotten hold if this market... more grace to your able.

Respect doyen!!!

Oga, I beg introduce yourself. UBA used to do share plus between 2003 and 2008.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Oga, I beg introduce yourself. UBA used to do share plus between 2003 and 2008.

I did that too. UBA rogue bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
The market was bullish from 1984 to 1996.

The Base year of the ASI was 1984.

The ASI moved from 105 in 1984 , to 6992 in 1996.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
mendes911:

Funny... CP, I go blow you head knock!

You know that some stock do pari passu in terms of price increase/decrease. I believe UBA/ACCESS are currently playing same.

Just the same way we had Fidelity/FCMB/Diamond playing their catch up game.

The thing about Access Bank is that if "that" seller had held back his/her/their shares for just 2/3 trading days, the shares will be sold at an additional N3.... But seriously needs to offload immediately and never gets done with it.

Remember how Diamond Bank shares were offloaded last year. They couldn't get a cross deal partner, they proceeded to float the shares at N1.00 and everything was done within a matter of days. And there was no bull then.

Maybe part of what has made it difficult for Access Bank is the fact that no institutional investor with deep pockets is looking their way. I hope there will be fresh news soon that will attract them.

Meanwhile we keep watching the stock for another round of cico.

He may have borrowed the funds with the lenders knocking on his door......knock, knock, who is there? #Irejecttoomuchgreed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
The market was bearish between 1997 and 1999.
The ASI went down from 6440 in 1997 to 5260 in 1999.

We had a bull market from 1984 to 1996…

While the bear market was from 1997 to 1999
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2018
The return of Obasanjo brought another bull between 2000 and 2007.

During this era the ASI moved 8111 in 2000 to 57990 on 31st December 2007.

You can read more about this on a thread written by me, with the name Manie
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
The market lost 46% in 2008 and another 32% in 2009.

The ASI moved down to 32450 in 2008, also moved down to 20877 at the end of 2009.

2008 and 2009 were bearish. The All time high, ASI of 66000 was attained in the middle of 2008.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
The market was bullish from 1984 to 1996.

The Base year of the ASI was 1984.

The ASI moved from 105 in 1984 , to 6992 in 1996.

Baba ke....who wan try you? We are all improving daily, reading and following you guys foot steps. Slow and steady will always win. I salute all members of this forum!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
The market was bullish in 2010, the ASI moved 19% to close the year at 24770 .

Unfortunately the bull was short lived as the market became bearish again in 2011.

The market was 16% down in 2011, the ASI closed at 20730.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
Bianco1:

Baba ke....who wan try you? We are all improving daily, reading and following you guys foot steps. Slow and steady will always win. I salute all members of this forum!

Not even Oscar

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2979) (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) ... (7806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.