Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,560 members, 7,847,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11015474 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
The market was bullish in 2010, the ASI moved 19% to close the year at 24770 .

Unfortunately the bull was short lived as the market became bearish again in 2011.

The market was 16% down in 2011, the ASI closed at 20730.

The market was bullish in 2012, the market moved up 35% to close the year at 28079.

Unfortunately I stopped my research in 2012, and I also explained the factors responsible for the bull run of 1984 to 1996, the bear walk of 1997 to 1990.

The bull run of 2000 to 2007, the bear of 2008 to 2009, which I shared on SMN.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
Chibuking81:

Most at times, most of humans are greedy, including everyone. When one succeeded, he will be a smart one, but when one failed, he will be a greedy fool.

For instance, Sky bank has no good news that pushes it above 100% up. Those who joined at @ 60 kobo and 70 kobo, are the smart ones now, but has it been that the price reverse back to car park, without an opportunity for an exit door, many will label them greedy fools.

No matter what, only invest the money you can afford to lose.

Sage.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

The market was bullish in 2012, the market moved up 35% to close the year at 28079.

Unfortunately I stopped my research in 2012, and I also explained the factors responsible for the bull run of 1984 to 1996, the bear walk of 1997 to 1990.

The bull run of 2000 to 2007, the bear of 2008 to 2009, which I shared on SMN.

Can someone share the ASI figures for 2013 to 2017.

Love him or hate him, Obasanjo regime brought a lot of fortunes to stock market investors. Unfortunately Yar Adua, reversed most of his economic policies.
GEJ, could not managed the wealth created from the high prices of crude oil during his regime.

From experience bull markets are usually longer than bear markets.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

I dey go AGM regularly and do interact with retired teachers, soldiers (no be the ogas), junior civil servants, lecturers etc. Who bought shares in the 70s during the indegenisation policy of Obasanjo and also bought during the privatization policy of Babangida, but these average old folks hardly sell and their portfolio sizes are in the hundreds of millions.
These old folks who are in their 60s and 80s are not a burden on their children and do not have to rely on the irregular pension from government.

My 83yr old dad started buying NB etc in the 70s. He has never sold. Some of the companies he has have disappeared. He holds over 600k units of NB.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
Investnow2017:

Is this a joke or what. Because of my medication, I don't do alcohol, but my husband does. Is it a sin to drink alcohol you are saying? Please don't add more to what the Bible says about alcohol. Over-stretching the word of God has led to too many fallacies and man-made beliefs and entanglements for millions.
woman, I don't like arguing, alcohol is not for you if you wish to make heaven
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
bigjay01:

My 83yr old dad started buying NB etc in the 70s. He has never sold. Some of the companies he has have disappeared. He hold over 600k units of NB.

The Nigerian Brewery shares is about 84 million.

My neighbour who was a retired Finance Director in one of the old conglomerats died in 2000.
His son who was serving ( HND holder from Yaba Tech). Got N4 million worth of shares as his inheritance.

He used part of the wind fall to establish a Civil engineering firm, the guy has done various jobs in Lagos, Ogun and other Southwest states. He has Masters degree holders on his pay roll and has done very well for himself in his profession, real estate and the stock market.

Parents can solve unemployment of children through investments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
Can transcorp share price hit N10 by march?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
samzepaparazi:
Can transcorp share price hit N10 by march?

What are the earnings and fundamentals of the company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
veecovee:
crap . The only path to heaven is by believing Jesus christ is your lord and saviour.

Meanwhile can transcorp hit N10 by march?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
The best to know real investors is from their calmness and temperament during the bear market.
How many of us actually accumulated more shares when the ASI went as low as 18000 some few years ago?

salute sir,I am actually learning @ ur stables too, to think if not for itchy fingers, I should be thinking of building my first duplex now but I disposed off early, I am now doing 3wks JIJJO, make market no snatch back what I have made.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
samzepaparazi:
crap . The only path to heaven is by believing Jesus christ is your lord and saviour.

What you do to other human beings, Your handwork, determines your heaven or hell.
The whole universe is comprised of MATTER, which can in totality be broken down into ATOM. Hence the whole universe, of necessity, has electro-magnetic relationship. Paradise and Hell resides here.
The whole universe, which includes You, and principally you, is the body of God. Discover the omnipotence of your spirit and determine your destiny.
Concept of Universalism.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
Toluway:

What you do to other human beings, Your handwork, determines your heaven or hell.
The whole universe is comprised of MATTER, which can in totality be broken down into ATOM. Hence the whole universe, of necessity, has electro-magnetic relationship. Paradise and Hell resides here.
The whole universe, which includes You, and principally you, is the body of God. Discover the omnipotence of your spirit and determine your destiny.
Concept of Universalism.

Chaii you just scattered my thinking. You read too many books
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
Every1 follows the money, With oil prices going for record highs, I predict a very frosty election period as the incumbent would also want to reap the rewards of high oil prices and opposition would want to continue from whence they dropped the barton. The next election would be hardly fought for as the emerging winner would have a windfall at their disposal, @times I think the last election was not rigged because of low oil prices, I imagined if oil prices around last election period was @ record highs($140), The average Nigerian Politician will rather go to war than let the will of the people prevail......

All this rant just to say the following,

I will keep Jijoing till after effect of release of result....

I will start buying massively for long term when the uncertainty bad election news start hitting the market and investors start running helter scelter and play safe.....

Right now I am on Capital Preservation mode
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
Coolcash1:

Which kind meal be this ones....abeg no go cook poison for tritritri oo.... grin

This kain food + oando for tritritri. Hmnhmnhmn
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
locodemy:

Some started jijo with sound stocks since then must have make more than double of what the guy made.
I am not saying long term is not good but it depends on ones plan.LOCO CANT TRY IT.I CAN GIVE MAXIMUM OF 2 YEARS IF NEED.........

In NSE unless you are fortunate with the life of a particular company, active jijo stands to carry the day. At any given time you stand to move away from crashing companies and identify with surviving ones. Mark my terms ACTIVE JIJO.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
veecovee:
alcohol is a mocker. You realize your mistakes after few hours of taking it, u may say it doesn't intoxicate you, but that joy it give you is not natural in you, so alcohol intoxicates, whether you believe or not smiley

grin my dear, even this market dey intoxicate sef.

Chill jare!.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
mendes911:

People have refused to accept the fact that what works for A must not work for B.

Some thrive only on long term while others do on short term/ JIJO.

No specific method is superior!

I have cycled Diamond (severally and heavily) from 84k all the way to 1.86 when I became uncomfortable with the share price. Would it have been better if am still on the bus, YES but do I regret it, capital NO.

We will still board the bus again after the whole noise must have died down. Onyemaechi? N1.00 won't be bad (though it may be unattractive at this price when the time comes). This is NSE where impossibility doesn't exist.

Skye Bank was once very attractive at N4.00 but I later cycled it from 50k to 76k.

Active Jijo is superior in NSE. Invest long term in a company that promises great future and yet not able to weather the terrain political or economic. You get trapped and lose all. The story of the guy who invested in nestle is making the rounds only because nestle is still very much around and the share price has shot up. If the reverse were the case that guy would have long been forgotten. Active jijo stands superior any day because you can move from a dying company into an upcoming promising and meander your path at all times. You need to keep your ears to the ground that's all. Those who planned like me to grow with Japaul are still owing their tithes up till mow grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

So you are a Gulder man, i am also a Gulder man but can manage Orijin or Guinness stout.

GULDER: Guide Us Lord During Every Round.

The bull brings out the other sides of investors.

RabbiDoracle, wetin you dey shack in 2018, na every year you dey change your brand.

grin Heineken in 2016

Star Radler in beginning of 2017. Gintonic in Q4 2017

In 2018, it is Ramazzotti + Tonic.

My drinks no dey cost.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

So you are a Gulder man, i am also a Gulder man but can manage Orijin or Guinness stout.

GULDER: Guide Us Lord During Every Round.

The bull brings out the other sides of investors.

RabbiDoracle, wetin you dey shack in 2018, na every year you dey change your brand.

(To the part in bold) please which round you mean?

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yayira:
planning to sell my car slf. Please who will buy my Q5 ?

Audi and wahala.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

grin Heineken in 2016

Star Radler in beginning of 2017. Gintonic in Q4 2017

In 2018, it is Ramazzotti + Tonic.

My drinks no dey cost.

Gin and tonic is bliss smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yayira:
location france. Picture reply my pm then I'll send to you. I don't want to chop ban

If you use Q5 in France, you are large! Taxes suppose show you pepper!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

(To the part in bold) please which round you mean?

grin

The normal round of shayo .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yayira:
mee too sir I humbly apply for the position of cook. I sabi cook shito, Waakye and kenkey. @ Tritritri

Are you sure it is cook that you want grin

*Clasps hands behind my back and walks away*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
wanaj0:

How is he different from someone who has 200k and borrowed N400k to invest in the capital market.

What do you think is drawing people to the market now expecting 5% gain everyday?

Anyway, it is a matter of time before we revisit some posts here.

200k and 200m no be the same ooo.

Patapata, my village people will bail me out. But with 200m, who wan bail me out

The greed no get level. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

N2 million would buy 100,000 in 1999.

Bonus of 1 for 4 was given in 2003

1 for 4 was given in 2007

1 for 5 was given in 2011.

Making the initial 100k units in 1999 to have grown to 187k units in 2018..

With a market value of about N280 million.

Did he make a mistake by selling his house? I don't think so.

I equally sold an uncompleted property in Ogun state to invest in the market.

Now he can go to Lekki and buy an N80m house and relax and chop nkwobi. ( I don't know what Veecovee will say about Nkwobi again.....I have removed the Heineken grin)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
mendes911:

Can you comfortably use this same narrative for a branch manager working then in International Bank or Oceanic Bank and having bought shares of same bank?

We always choose to highlight the success stories.

Watchword: invest and watch the basket!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
The market was bullish from 1984 to 1996.

The Base year of the ASI was 1984.

The ASI moved from 105 in 1984 , to 6992 in 1996.

You get history bros....I dey gbadun you.

Sometimes I think that you must have met Lord Luggard.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Can someone share the ASI figures for 2013 to 2017.

Love him or hate him, Obasanjo regime brought a lot of fortunes to stock market investors. Unfortunately Yar Adua, reversed most of his economic policies.
GEJ, could not managed the wealth created from the high prices of crude oil during his regime.

From experience bull markets are usually longer than bear markets.

Now it is PMB. What do you have to say in 2019?

grin Chioma Ajunwa!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
veecovee:

Your reasoning on this matter has given you away. I thought you knew Jesus Christ who turned water into wine. You have left, i mean abandoned, the wise and loving teachings of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and have gone imposing your personal ignorance on naive people. So you are pastor? Who made you a pastor? Who are you representing in the face of your wanton misrepresentation of God's word?

I am not asking to introduce yourself, i already know you by your childish reasoning. You mention heaven as if you knew anything about the earth. Just imagine the way you put it 'if you wish to make heaven'. What do you know about heaven? Those going to heaven what are they going there to do? What has happened to the earth?

Dear pastor repent otherwise the consequences your errors will stand too weighty for you to bear. At least for now STOP misrepresenting our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God's anointed One.

Keep your insubstantiable beliefs to yourself and stop posting stupidity wrapped in form of religion on this thread. This thread is for mature minds not for deluded children.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
veecovee:

Hmmmm....na wah ooo.

You already know the criteria for making heaven.

Issorite.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2018
samzepaparazi:
crap . The only path to heaven is by [b]believing Jesus christ [/b]is your lord and saviour.

And the Buddhist and the Hindu

Issorite.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: xezoid(m), sophy17(m), Bagwa, DonFreshmoney(m), SonofElElyonRet, ositadima1(m), Adinije(f) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.