Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10967496 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by R0LL0N(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
safepaulooo:

You need to read-up different methods of stock fair-price calculation. At best an investor arms himself with an idea of the fair-price of a stock based on financial statement report from the company. This serves as his guide to evaluate stock fair-price. You cannot predict stock price. The actual price is determined by Mr. Market through forces of demand and supply. So far I'll give it to @ currentprice for excellent job. He can help you further in the complicated task of STOCK FAIR-PRICE CALCULATION

Stay safe
Thanks sir. I really appreciate your comment. I will also appreciate further assistance you can give. Thank u for actually pointing to one of the factors that determines stock price(forces of demand and supply). Please sir from your experience can you give any other factors that you have seen that could determine stock price. Many thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by R0LL0N(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
safepaulooo:

You need to read-up different methods of stock fair-price calculation. At best an investor arms himself with an idea of the fair-price of a stock based on financial statement report from the company. This serves as his guide to evaluate stock fair-price. You cannot predict stock price. The actual price is determined by Mr. Market through forces of demand and supply. So far I'll give it to @ currentprice for excellent job. He can help you further in the complicated task of STOCK FAIR-PRICE CALCULATION

Stay safe

Thanks sir. I really appreciate your comment. I will also appreciate further assistance you can give. Thank u for actually pointing to one of the factors that determines stock price(forces of demand and supply). Please sir from your experience can you give any other factors that you have seen that could determine stock price. Many thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2018
Chibuking81:
Those that has 2 million units of Dunlop, ABC Transport, Japaul oil, etc.
As of closing of market on 26th January, their money stands on #1 million.
But from Monday, if it goes down to 1 kobo, their money will be #20 thousand only.
Many dead company might resurrect on Monday, or final rest in peace. shocked

Unfortunately we don't have corporate raiders in Nigeria.

The new rule is a blessing in disguise.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
R0LL0N:

R0LL0N:
Hello. Am currently doing my MSc project on stock price prediction. Is there any stock broker on this platform? please i greatly need your help i have some series of questions to ask in order to aid my discovery. Thanks.

Ask all your questions. You may be surprised that you will get all your answers here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Chibuking81:
Those that has 2 million units of Dunlop, ABC Transport, Japaul oil, etc.
As of closing of market on 26th January, their money stands on #1 million.
But from Monday, if it goes down to 1 kobo, their money will be #20 thousand only.
Many dead company might resurrect on Monday, or final rest in peace. shocked

So those insurance stocks that perpetually produce results but keep their retained earnings in negative can now rest in peace. I'm happy. Example STI.

Let's see how those directors will be defending their units and prices withers aways.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

All those insurance stocks will be instantly delisted due to very low capital buffers.

Does this apply to stocks on NASD?
If it doesn't, they will simply migrate their inefficiency to NASD platform and continue surviving there after they delist from NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ananne: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

So those insurance stocks that perpetually produce results but keep their retained earnings in negative can now rest in peace. I'm happy. Example STI.

Let's see how those directors will be defending their units and prices withers aways.

Is this connected to wapic's sudden rise? The company has good financial result bit hasn't moved much. Surprised it hit a 52 week high. The volumes are rising too...maybe they are gonna give good returns..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

All those insurance stocks will be instantly delisted due to very low capital buffers.

Does this apply to stocks on NASD?
If it doesn't, they will simply migrate their inefficiency to NASD platform and continue surviving there after they delist from NSE.

They don't have to delist, corporate raiders can always come to the aid of trapped shareholders, buy the dumped shares at a discount, sack the management and maybe turnaround the company.

That was what Tony Elumelu did to the defunct Crystal Bank, which later metamorphosed to Standard Trust Bank and later UBA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

The new rule is a blessing in disguise ? What are you seeing sir ? Let me pm you fast
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
How is this new rule a blessing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
Yayira:
How is this new rule a blessing
corporate raiders can always come to the aid of trapped shareholders, buy the dumped shares at a discount, sack the management and maybe turnaround the company.

That was what Tony Elumelu did to the defunct Crystal Bank, which later metamorphosed to Standard Trust Bank and later UBA

Copied lol
grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

They don't have to delist, corporate raiders can always come to the aid of trapped shareholders, buy the dumped shares at a discount, sack the management and maybe turnaround the company.

There is a minimum volume that can move price. Is there any maximum price a stock can get?

Did they remove the cap on stock price rise ? Since they say that the pricing is based on demand and supply so we can't have any 5% or 10% cap per day as we see today. That means we should expect it to get to anywhere. If someone wants to buy a stock and due to its scarcity, can the pay I'm a single day bid 30% increase in price just to see if sellers will sell?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

There is a minimum volume that can move price. Is there any maximum price a stock can get?

Did they remove the cap on stock price rise ? Since they say that the pricing is based on demand and supply so we can't have any 5% or 10% cap per day as we see today. That means we should expect it to get to anywhere. If someone wants to buy a stock and due to its scarcity, can the pay I'm a single day bid 30% increase in price just to see if sellers will sell?

https://abokifx.com/news/the-nigerian-stock-exchange-s-amended-par-value-and-pricing-methodology-rules-become-effective-on-monday-29-january-2018-mondo-visione
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
ihedioramma:
JAH BLESS DEAR ..
ihedioramma is one of the first comers on this thread and that is always his style of writing since then check the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
soloniger:
corporate raiders can always come to the aid of trapped shareholders, buy the dumped shares at a discount, sack the management and maybe turnaround the company.

Copied lol
grin
oh ok. Blessing to those that are trapped.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

In the US, stocks can gain 20% in a single day. Same should be done here too. They should not just be concerned about 50kobo limit. They should lift the part so that people can price stocks based on demand and supply. Free pricing. grin

And they should also leave the free pricing during bear as well. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2018
l wonder o. this oga ma needs to check his head too o grin
Zhirinovsky:
When did we get to this level na? angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
R0LL0N:

I for like to provide more, unfortunately my bullet don finish. grin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by R0LL0N(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Ask all your questions. You may be surprised that you will get all your answers here.
These are my questions:
1. What are the components combined together to determine stock price
2.What are the factors that influence the changes in the price of stock or factors causing fluctuation in stick market
3.what is the name of the automated trading system used in the Nigeria stock exchange
4.Why is investment on stock not guaranteed
5.what are the malpractices found in stock market and how do they affect the stock price
6. What are the computational models that have been used to determine stock price in Nigeria stock exchange and which of the model is the latest.
7.what are the stock indicators in Nigeria stock exchange
All questions asked here are also related to real experience and observations seen so far in the Nigeria stock market. I appreciate all answers from technical, brokers and investors perspective. God bless you all. Am patiently waiting..... Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Cross deals
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
Yayira:
oh ok. Blessing to those that are trapped.

And blessings to the buyers if prices are right
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by R0LL0N(m): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
R0LL0N:
Hello. Am currently doing my MSc project on stock price prediction. Is there any stock broker on this platform? please i greatly need your help i have some series of questions to ask in order to aid my discovery. Thanks.
These are my questions:
2.What are the factors that influence the changes in the price of stock or factors causing fluctuation in stick market
3.what is the name of the automated trading system used in the Nigeria stock exchange
5.what are the malpractices found in stock market and how do they affect the stock price
6. What are the computational models that have been used to determine stock price in Nigeria stock exchange and which of the model is the latest.
All questions asked here are also related to real experience and observations seen so far in the Nigeria stock market. I appreciate all answers from technical, brokers and investors perspective. God bless you all. Am patiently waiting..... Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by R0LL0N(m): 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
safepaulooo:

I for like to provide more, unfortunately my bullet don finish. grin.
grin thanks sir. Whenever your bullet overflow you are always welcome to add more comment. Many thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

In the US, stocks can gain 20% in a single day. Same should be done here too. They should not just be concerned about 50kobo limit. They should lift the part so that people can price stocks based on demand and supply. Free pricing. grin

And they should also leave the free pricing during bear as well. grin

For this 1k rule to work, they should drastically reduce the minimum number of shares needed for a price change to happen.

These stocks will still remain at that 50k range for long unless a corporate entity decides to attack any of them. That will require that entity to commit minimum of N50k (which is invariable a small dough really) daily till it gets to the price they want it to be.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
R0LL0N:

These are my questions:

Did you carry "mgbo" or omokiriri when you were doing your first degree? A Google search could have helped you solve some of these things. Though a member here suggested that.

I had to Google a link for you to see some things you wanted.

https://passlibrary..com.ng/2017/07/the-impact-of-automated-trading-system.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
R0LL0N:

These are my questions:

I try and answer some based on my little knowledge of stocks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

The BerkShire Hartaway move by Warren Buffet!

this oga you go buy dangote one of thesedays o.. You too sabi sontin...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I try and answer some based on my little knowledge of stocks

Oracle, thanks for taking up the challenge.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2018
R0LL0N:

These are my questions:

- corporate news which range from financial results, mismanagement, forensic audit, board infighting, events causing material damage.

Let me example them:
If financial results are bad, people who have seen the information will start to sell.this forces the price to fall. If the news is good, it forces prices to rise.

If there is mismanagement in the company, investors sell knowing fully well that it will affect the bottom line of the firm. Some may be scared of a takeover by the federal government. Examples were in 2009 when some banks were said to have mismanaged the affairs of the firms. CBN intervened and the rest is history.

Forensic audit: aggrieved shareholders will call for this exercise if they suspect anything in the books of the firm. Investors start to sell and ask questions later. Example Oando's case.

Event causing material damage: a fire could occur in a manufacturing firm and you know that this listed insurance company is the insurer of that firm. Once you hear that, investors start to sell because it will take big claims from that insurer and that will affect the returns you will get as a shareholder. Also the manufacturing firm will lose production and revenue depending on the size of the inferno. This too will affect shares prices.

- laws of the nation: policy flipflops could cause investors to be confused and they sell off. A good policy on the other hand will make investors come in droves. Example when the country started restricting USD sales due to low oil price, investors knew they could be trapped. They exited very fast. This gravely affected the market from 2014 till 2016. To forestall this, CBN introduced a window where investors can buy and sell their Forex easily. This restored the market back and that is the boom you see now in stock market.

- insecurity: Nigeria is highly dependent on oil for its survival. If anything happens in the ND, there are jitters anongst investors. Shutting oil installations will affect revenue of the country and this in turn will send a dangerous message to investor in the stock market and they take off.

-national events like elections could likely cause fluctuations in stock market. I don't need to explain this grin

Ati bebelo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
R0LL0N:

These are my questions:

For number 3.

A dealing member in NSE or a smart broker will tell you that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by R0LL0N(m): 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Did you carry "mgbo" or omokiriri when you were doing your first degree? A Google search could have helped you solve some of these things. Though a member here suggested that.

I had to Google a link for you to see some things you wanted.

https://passlibrary..com.ng/2017/07/the-impact-of-automated-trading-system.html?m=1
Thank bro. I understand the angle you are coming from. Though i have done most of my searches on google. Supervisor needed some of the answers based on broker and investor real experience at d NSE

(1) (2) (3) ... (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mkay15, 222Martins(m), Babynerd, KarlTom, Amaa2019(m), robobo, stronglink, jobark and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.