Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11038380 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3100) (3101) (3102) (3103) (3104) (3105) (3106) ... (7806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

My funds were small im 2008 but it was painful to have lost it.

In life, when you fall, stand you and fight back. Develop ways to beat the system. I vowed that I will not fall into this anymore.

The most painful thing about loss is when paper profits start to disappear. Better to stab a man than feel the pain of loss of paper gain.

Twas d first crash for many of us, i still study the monthly and weekly charts regularly , we ignored d yellow flags and red flags
The bullish season before the crash had turned everyone into experts lol , we pursued IPO's and Private placements with venom lol
Sadly , we are far from such FOMO. Market will always be markets , its remains a clear reflection of d emotions of major participants.
My biggest takeaway in summary is NEVER argue with the market

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:25pm On Feb 06, 2018
currentprice:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/20817_ACCESS_BANK_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRUARY_2018.pdf

below for those who can't open link

grin

...Some prophecies are gradually coming to fulfilment !!
I love that part about; 'held on behalf of several beneficial owners' wink cheesy
...oh my stanbic folks, my foreign hot money brothers ...the melody, Mr TIME.
...these people intoxicate me !!

Discl: I have since taken some sleeping pills with Mr PATIENCE. ...the idea is to wake up within an '8 circle timeframe' wink cheesy

NOTE: Onegentleguy sometimes tends to indulge in a lot of random thinking. ...it could also be the effect of the sleeping pills I took just the other day. ...DD always advised pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
currentprice:

cha! pple way buy high no go day happy with u na post

cc yariya

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
kolaish:
@RabbiDoracle, You are a good resource person. If I had listen to you when you sold and kept the loot under your mattress/pillow I would'nt have lost about 10% of my capital/loot. My trades in the last one month have been one step forward and two steps backward.

As we speak, I have reduced my holding in the market to just 30% and kept my remaining 70% loot on top of my ceiling/roofing till further notice, waiting for opportunity to pounce and get 10 - 20% on any stock and run back. I do not see any general market bull in sight for now.

MY OPINION PLEASE.
Selling and spreading propaganda to bring it down to the ground in order to buy again and make 300% gain.
The fear of Monkey Hunters is the beginning of wisdom.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 1:34pm On Feb 06, 2018
Toluway:

Selling and spreading propaganda to bring it down to the ground in order to buy again and make 300% gain.
The fear of Monkey Hunters is the beginning of wisdom.

This is not propaganda, sometimes look outside the window. Markets are correcting worldwide, maybe not a crash yet. But correction yes. As an investor get used to the Cycle its inevitable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
I am not happy that each time the American Dow is going down, everyone should start selling in Nsem, irrespective of the health of Nigerian economy.
Is this economic independence or dependence/slavery?
Anyway, that might be the reality that we have to live with.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2018
Toluway:
I am not happy that each time the American Dow is going down, everyone should start selling in Nsem, irrespective of the health of Nigerian economy.
Is this economic independence or interdependence/slavery?

London is selling, sydney is selling, Johannesburg is selling, ati bebe lo
This slavery oga o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
Can the retracement continue for a while? This has been the prayers of investors for some weeks now. That is my prayer, so that many opportunities can emerge. Let the market retrace for the next two weeks! If you know what you have bought and what you intend to buy, you will close your ears against all noise!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2018
I wish anyone could give ONE COGENT REASON why whoever is selling is selling. The buyers will turn out wiser. If you are not an investor, better leave the field and go meet other spectators!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2018
Yayira:

Yari' why did you post my photo here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Na bear harass you cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2018
Investnow2017:

Yari' why did you post my photo here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Na bear harass you cheesy

You tight ooo...

Come and take my pillow for use. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
Investnow2017:

Can the retracement continue for a while? This has been the prayers of investors for some weeks now. That is my prayer, so that many opportunities can emerge. Let the market retrace for the next two weeks! If you know what you have bought and what you intend to buy, you will close your ears against all noise!

Exactly....but people wan break my head.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debenzd(f): 1:58pm On Feb 06, 2018
Now we know those holding access bank back.

currentprice:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/20817_ACCESS_BANK_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRUARY_2018.pdf

below for those who can't open link

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2018
Toluway:

My Oga, fear knows no bounds.

I remembered when growing up in Lagos and they used to say if you take Sheri mango and ijebu garri, you will die. Till today no one wants to try it. grin

Where na false statement or not, no one wants to do it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2018
Toluway:
Believe it or not, our markets is to some extent dependent on foreign markets/investment/portfolio. If you prefer to wait till those foreign investors finished dumping, then you are on your own.

My opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
Investnow2017:

Sorry dear.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

London is selling, sydney is selling, Johannesburg is selling, ati bebe lo
This slavery oga o

Internet caused it.

Cable TV caused it.

Realtime journalism caused it.

Imagine how we lived when things would have happened and you will know after 2 weeks.

When if you want to send a message to the village, Yiu will wait for Papa Okey that is traveling to the village to help you pass message. There were the dark times in our lives.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

My Oga, fear knows no bounds.

I remembered when growing up in Lagos and they used to say if you take Sheri mango and ijebu garri, you will die. Till today no one wants to try it. grin

Where na false statement or not, no one wants to do it.

chai! sheri mango and garri

you no rember hanging EWE akooko on the entrance door to prevent the spirit
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2018
@Loco,

180m traded on Lasaco with 17m bids, make we follow the money? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2018
rationalmind:
@Loco,

Bye bye. We don stop follow follow grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
I hope this market marker won't attempt to close Zenith at N32.00......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
rationalmind:
@Loco,

Lacasera? Oh are they now qouted? If u no know wetin u go use money do,abeg dig ground and put it inside.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2018
Bell Ringing.....

pls everyone should go back home to rest bones,, bring bull/bear horn by 10.30 2morrow grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2018
locodemy:

Lacasera?
Oh are they now qouted?
If u no know wetin u go use money do,abeg dig ground and put it inside.

Yayira:

Bye bye. We don stop follow follow grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2018
kolaish:
A[b]nybody doing long term now will wake up one day to discover that he/she has lost 50% of the capital appreciation that the bull brought in the last 2 months[/b].

I just remember that my doctor sometimes told me to always eat in bits and not in lump (like a glutton). So, I will be managing 10% for now, it is good for my health.

You don't understand at all. Your statement is so off point. It is all in the strategy. Leave the game for us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
currentprice:
no shaking with veecovee, he bought solid Afriprud

grin grin grin
smiley if their dividend no meet my target, I DON drop am like toilet paper ... Depending on the market current (bull/bear)session then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
sellydion:
@Oracle

I dey enjoy you ojare. I lost a lot in 2008 due to trading on margin.

I bought fundamentally sound stocks, but my impatient broker sold them to

offset the margin. Kai I came up with rule 2. Never borrow money to trade.

Time is always a good friend to those that bought and hold below the fair

value.

Yes Bros...we have all lost at some point in this game...experience is the best teacher!

- Never ever trade with borrowed funds
- Always try to buy below fair value #Patience
- Always buy fundamentally sound stocks and best if it pays dividend
- Take profits as soon as possible...a little gain is better than any loss (but a little loss is better than a big one) #Don't-be-over-greedy
- If you are risk averse....have more funds in fixed income plays - appreciation may be small but it's constant #no-losses
- Own your investment...I mean keep very close watch over it
- If you do all the above then have long term outlook it pays #noHBP

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
Bianco1:

Yes Bros...we have all lost at some point in this game...experience is the best teacher!

- Never ever trade with borrowed funds
- Always try to buy below fair value #Patience
- Always buy fundamentally sound stocks and best if it pays dividend
- Take profits as soon as possible...a little gain is better than any loss (but a little loss is better than a big one) #Don't-be-over-greedy
- If you are risk averse....have more funds in fixed income plays - appreciation may be small but it's constant #no-losses
- Own your investment...I mean keep very close watch over it
- If you do all the above then have long term outlook it pays #noHBP

That is the summary: I play only with my 20%, some 75% in Fixed Income Investment. Out of the 20%, I play JIJO with only about 2.5% while 17.5% on fundamental hedgy stocks. So when the noise is much, I simply shut down, I refused to be affected. My hedgy stocks can mitigate against a poor performance of the 2.5%.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
Early start, US Market stats positive and interesting!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2018
Nobody is shouting again o. Dji is in positive and recovering very fast. All dooms day hunters don quiet grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2018
Is it time to move on and wait for another opportunity if not already done?
In this game there are always winners and losers but as someone said he who runs away with his life lives to fight another day.
Cut your losses when you can of course this may be the bottom but who knows?

Again from: Seeking alpha

Bitcoin slid another 13% to below $6,000 overnight, bringing the cryptocurrency's losses to more than half since the start of 2018 following a peak of almost $20,000 in December. At a Senate Banking Committee hearing scheduled for today, the SEC and CFTC plan to ask Congress to consider federal oversight for digital-currency trading platforms, many of which have been operating in a regulatory gray zone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2018
Cadillac15:
Nobody is shouting again o. Dji is in positive and recovering very fast. All dooms day hunters don quiet grin

My brother the fall cannot be in a straight line. We just be cautious whenever we can be

(1) (2) (3) ... (3100) (3101) (3102) (3103) (3104) (3105) (3106) ... (7806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DUNKA(m), SonofElElyonRet, readerschairman, tijany130(m), Picky1, Mpeace(m), ExpertDealer, beejay1(m), Buzochi, Choiceguy and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.