Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,304 members, 7,867,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11098576 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (7826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2014
Dexterax:

Make we dey watch movements today...

http://www.wapicinsuranceplc.com/downloads/Wapic%20Analyst%20Presentation.pdf

check this out, result flat.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2014
Dragonking:

I tire for this oando wahala..Ministerial approval came e rally small, now they sealed the deal e no still rally..Abi dem swear for oando? angry angry
No bro! The villagers are tired of that mischievous fellow always giving a false alarm of a lion attack. So expect the villagers to react when they see the corpse of that fellow or the roaring of the lion.

#3 dimensional analysis (fundamental, technical and emotional/spiritual analysis )
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2014
I knew Oando is gonna fall
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2014
nitrogen:

http://www.wapicinsuranceplc.com/downloads/Wapic%20Analyst%20Presentation.pdf

check this out, result flat.

Very colourful pdf!

PAT flat, and expenses increase 60%! The only good news for now is that more-than-double increase in underwriting profit. Heading into an election year, that's a good head-start...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2014
BANKS MAY REDUCE DIVIDEND PAYOUT

TRANSCORP NO WAN MOVE AFTER RESULT , BANKS RESULTS ? .. OANDO AFTER DEAL ?

First Bank

By Obinna Chima

In order for Nigerian banks to retain more capital going forward, some will either reduce dividend payout ratios or float rights issues, a report has stated.

Another alternative, according to the report is for the financial institutions to stop growing loan books, the report added.

CSL Stockbrokers, a division of First City Monument Bank (UK) Limited, stated this in its latest report on Nigerian banks titled: “The Capital Cycle.”

The report covered Nigeria’s five largest banks –First Bank, Zenith Bank, United Bank for Africa Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc and Access Bank Plc.
It stated that banks could supplement Capital Adequate Ratios (CARs) by issuing tier-2 capital (subordinated, long-term debt), noting that the financial institutions are restricted to using an amount no more than 25 per cent of tier-1 equity and, in practical terms, encounter tough conditions in the international debt markets.

Since the banking crisis of 2009 Nigeria’s largest banks have enjoyed four years of asset growth, with loan growth pronounced from 2011 onwards.
“Capital is the main constraint, we believe, and is becoming an issue much sooner than non-performing loans (NPLs),” it stated.

The report showed that aggregate gross loans of the five largest banks listed above grew by a CAGR of 15.7 per cent between 2010 and 2013. Furthermore, it estimated it would have grown by a CAGR of 16.4 per cent between 2010 and 2014 ending.

This growth, it pointed out had put pressure on banks’ capital base, given the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) requirement that the principal banks keep total CAR of 16 per cent.

“The key metric is how quickly banks can internally grow capital bases, that is, how quickly they can replenish equity capital with retained earnings. The weighted Returns on Average Equity (RoAE) of the five banks were 24.5 per cent in 2012; 20 per cent in 2013; and we forecast 19.3 per cent in 2014e.

“However, after paying dividends, the weighted average rates at which equity capital was retained were 13.8 per cent in 2012, 9.8 per cent in 2013, and we forecast 9.2 per cent in 2014 estimates.

“Growth in equity is not keeping up with customer loans and risk-w

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:29am On Jul 31, 2014
@all, i'm surprised Oando is dragging feet @ d moment, by my calculation, i expect it to get to N33 b4 exhibiting this behaviour. BTW, i still dey inside and if i have small change, i'll still buy more. Peeps are now coming out that 'i know it'll drop today', nobody except BIGASS mentioned it yesterday (Small Gain not drop in price).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2014
I'm surprised that daily predictions should even amount to any significance.

How much would a smart gambler bet on oando increasing or decreasing today?

SMH.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Aks: @all, i'm surprised Oando is dragging feet @ d moment, by my calculation, i expect it to get to N33 b4 exhibiting this behaviour. BTW, i still dey inside and if i have small change, i'll still buy more. Peeps are now coming out that 'i know it'll drop today', nobody except BIGASS mentioned it yesterday (Small Gain not drop in price).

Am surprised as well , am in already ,i know its a long journey
Deal was sealed yesterday, lets keep watching

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:43am On Jul 31, 2014
Drag feet ke. This is an opportunity for anyone who is not yet in the bus to come on board. This may be the last speed train this year oo.
Did anyone notice the effective date for the transaction or was it only me? Imagine the earnings wey dey in reserve since that date an approximate daily output of over 30,000 BPD.

No talk say

I don place my small order make I see if I go fit add to wetin they my portfolio today.

Funny enough, I re-read this post and the company in question was not mentioned even once cheesy

On another unrelated note: If you are interested in cheap data plan on MTN, (as low as 1 GB for N1,200) check my thread on my signature.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 11:44am On Jul 31, 2014
dsonofmaan: Oando opened weak, it might drop today.

are u very sure of this sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2014
gabscity:

Well, I don't think 'might' is a word that depict surety.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afepeters(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
Oando as at 1222hrs today is trading at 28.37
gabscity:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Why is the forum quiet for 1 hour? Oando again!!!

#Don't count your eggs until they are hatched! Never empty ur portfolio in one single stock unless and unless there is certainty all round

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
First Bank oh, this blood u are sharing is too much oh......
Pls guys, any info on First bank?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pls sir/ma,what is current price of learnafrica.Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
immanuello: Pls sir/ma,what is current price of learnafrica.Thank you.
565k units on offer @ 1.61
0 bids

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Agbalowomeri: Why is the forum quiet for 1 hour? Oando again!!!

#Don't count your eggs until they are hatched! Never empty ur portfolio in one single stock unless and unless there is certainty all round
peeps are waiting 4 oando result. 4rm there dey can project.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
passwelle:
565k units on offer @ 1.61
0 bids
Thank you sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Born2berich:

Of course na..Why do you think transcorp is also falling?

People are offloading their other holdings to enter into the oando bus. smiley

#jokeoftheyear

Let them keep offloading,I wish they sell down the stocks i have on my radar so that I can peacefully enter and wait for them to come and rebuy next year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
gabscity:

offload from FBNH is serious, chai!!!

Make dem push am down to N11 again make we board 1st class grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, to make it simple as it is now; ConocoPhillips earnings generated belongs to Oando since when the sale has been officially announced and it will be transferred to Oando when they finally closed the deal. Oando's audited financial statement will reflects this and their first quarter results for 2014.

Oga ambitiousr...sorry myjoy08

Digest this for you to understand that the journey for Oando just started.

Oando hold 20% (non operated interest) in the onshore asset. Based on 2013 and 2014 half year production, Oando share will be about 10kbopd (got the ones in bold from SMN)
(i.e 20% of the estimated 50,000bopd that has been making people are lick their lips). When you add gas and condensate you have about 37kboepd. Obvious the bulk is from gas which is 'less profitable' than oil.

For the offshore, OML 131 is gas and there is no gas terms. So nothing will happen there in the foreseable future. With Oando having 95% interest and also the operator, I dont see them doing anything with this block, they would rather develop OPL 214 now OML 145.

For the OPL 214 (now OML 145), this is a potentially prolific block. However, nothing on ground to show that there will be oil production in the next 10years! No FDP as far as I know. Even if they decide to develop this field, please research how much it cost to develop Bonga, Erha, Akpo, Agbami, Usan and most recently Egina....It's not beans.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
jamace: If EVERYBODY is buying OANDO then WHO is selling the OANDO that EVERYBODY is buying? This monkey business na wa o!! shocked shocked

Born2berich:
That is why it is called #jokeoftheyear lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dragonking:
I tire for this oando wahala..Ministerial approval came e rally small, now they sealed the deal e no still rally..Abi dem swear for oando? angry angry

4dchairman:
7 days dry fasting for all stakeholders to seek the face of the Lord.

Fret not thyself for only Spiritual Analysis works for Oando. All in all... WE making money before election. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
mpi210:

Oga ambitiousr...sorry myjoy08

Digest this for you to understand that the journey for Oando just started.

Oando hold 20% (non operated interest) in the onshore asset. Based on 2013 and 2014 half year production, Oando share will be about 10kbopd (got the ones in bold from SMN)
(i.e 20% of the estimated 50,000bopd that has been making people are lick their lips). When you add gas and condensate you have about 37kboepd. Obvious the bulk is from gas which is 'less profitable' than oil.

For the offshore, OML 131 is gas and there is no gas terms. So nothing will happen there in the foreseable future. With Oando having 95% interest and also the operator, I dont see them doing anything with this block, they would rather develop OPL 214 now OML 145.

For the OPL 214 (now OML 145), this is a potentially prolific block. However, nothing on ground to show that there will be oil production in the next 10years! No FDP as far as I know. Even if they decide to develop this field, please research how much it cost to develop Bonga, Erha, Akpo, Agbami, Usan and most recently Egina....It's not beans.

It is moi-moi. Are you sure you do not intend to enter Oando's bus?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
@mpi210- I have 2 questions for you?
1) Do you own Oando shares? If yes, why do you have it in your portfolio?
2) Are you convinced of the write-up you posted? Do you know the intent of the so called analyst @ SMN

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
The drag-feet of the stock is likely to do with people trying to await the outcome of conference call on the deal tomorrow and the direction of the coy.

OER will be hosting a conference call to discuss the Transaction on Friday, August 1, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. To access the conference call, please dial 1-855-481-5362. If dialing internationally (outside of North America) the conference call can be accessed by calling any of the following numbers:

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Aks: The drag-feet of the stock is likely to do with people trying to await the outcome of conference call on the deal tomorrow and the direction of the coy.

OER will be hosting a conference call to discuss the Transaction on Friday, August 1, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. To access the conference call, please dial 1-855-481-5362. If dialing internationally (outside of North America) the conference call can be accessed by calling any of the following numbers:

Thanks brv
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Many arm chair analysts are out there saying rubbish(sorry for my choice of word) about the output of OANDO,those so called analyst know more than the lead financier (Baba Ijebu of FCMB) I Hope you'll take a nap you seriously deserve. You only see what suppose to go wrong. If funds can't stop the deal.if ministerial consent can't scuttle the deal and if the deal can be closed then OANDO must thrive.
Learn from how the cowboys won the bid for UNIPETROL against all odds.
#BE AUDACIOUS

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
Aks: @mpi210- I have 2 questions for you?
1) Do you own Oando shares? If yes, why do you have it in your portfolio?
2) Are you convinced of the write-up you posted? Do you know the intent of the so called analyst @ SMN

Oga, make una no attack me as I don't intend spoiling anyone's show.

I know the guy wella. He's not an analyst and I'm convinced of the write-up I posted.

Just take your time to research how much it costs to develop deep offshore projects like the ones I mentioned.

If they can raise the money like the IOCs for such projects, then they are in business.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Where is the next action?

As Oando and Transcorp don enter bush

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Agbalowomeri: Where is the next action?

Cash is king now grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
You are can see why oando is called #jokeoftheyear cheesy

N1,000 mark here we come..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Agbalowomeri: Where is the next action?

Try Unity bank lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (7826) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.