Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10999760 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (7792) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
jamace: How market, my bnsitl?

Meanwhile, Evilspirit is conspicuously absent. I think we need to search for him. grin

Shhhhhh....we're delivering our mandate on that dude's farm chickens!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
OANDO WILL START PAYING DIVIDEND ''... benefits of the new initiative will begin to impact on
investors in terms of improved dividend payments as from
this year.'' PADE DUROTOYE CEO OANDO ENERGY REOURCES.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Oando Conference call start in 3:00pm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Is something right with MorganCapital's itrade platform or is it just cross trading I am seeing? No bid or offer data for FBNH, Afriprud and UBCap
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
SKYQUEST: Dear all, somebody should kindly explain the meaning of the two statements below to me: ''we would recommend that you go for short at current market price (CMP) of N49 for the target of N46 and N44 with stop-loss of N52'' and ''we would recommend for traders and investors to go for long at N 1.13 and book profit at N1.25 and N1.33; with the stop-loss of N1.05.''

I am not sure if 'short' is practiced in Nigeria. But going short actually means you are borrowing the stock from your broker and selling it immediate with the hope that it will fall in price and then you can buy back the same share at a cheaper price and give it back to your broker.

we would recommend that you go for short at current market price (CMP) of N49 for the target of N46 and N44
This means you borrow at N49 and sell immediately and then wait until the stock falls to around N46 - N44 and then buy it back (you must have made some profit at this time) and return it to your broker. placing a stop-loss of N52 means that in case the trade moves against your plan, your broker should sell if the stock gets to N52 instead of falling as you envisaged (this will limit your loss).

we would recommend for traders and investors to go for long at N 1.13 and book profit at N1.25 and N1.33
This is the normal practice of buying @N1.13 and selling around N1.25 - N1.33. Using a stop-loss of N1.05 = just in case the trade go against your plan and fall instead of rising, your broker will sell when the price falls to N1.05.

I hope I didn't miss anything out.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
stokfrick: something is happening in oando. using itrade terminal wen u refresh, there are no offers yet no bids. and yet its being traded heavily

I think it is the iTrade that is showing that magic. That thing may not be 100% mirroring the exact trades (in terms of bid/offer) that are taking place on the floor. Maybe cross-trade can be another reason but I'm sure it's a problem with the iTrade platform.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
jamace: How market, my bnsitl?

Meanwhile, Evilspirit is conspicuously absent. I think we need to search for him. grin

That guy absence no be ordinary at all. All is definitely not well with his portfolio. What goes around comes around... grin consequences of his username.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
Are OANDO shares being manipulated? Something is not right.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
*sharpening matchet and watching very closely*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
presiade: Is something right with MorganCapital's itrade platform or is it just cross trading I am seeing? No bid or offer data for FBNH, Afriprud and UBCap

Sometimes you don't even get updates on the Open, Low and High of some traded stocks. The platform needs some upgrades.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Dexterax:

If your faculties have depreciated so much as to take the the above instruction and execute it (no matter how the instruction is framed on NL and SMN), then you're playing in the Nigerian Soccer League while others are playing the Barclays Premiership.
ignored for sanity sake....

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
The last I remember I had no unofficial business with ayz, I am strictly focused on Mercy and Vgirl (sorry I'm polygamous)
I'm certainly not responsible if this dude lost her from his radar
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
4dchairman: Are OANDO shares been manipulated? Something is not right.

Strange...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
SKYEBANK .. now 3.02 what happened ?
some of the Top analysts that bought 4 naira and 3.50
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
Elai147:

Strange...
The shares are being dumped in tranche by an institution.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
4dchairman:
The shares are being dumped in tranche by an institution.

How did you come to that conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Elai147:

Sometimes you don't even get updates on the Open, Low and High of some traded stocks. The platform needs some upgrades.
Exactly. They need to be up and doing. our annual fees no be beans o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
mpi210:

How did you come to that conclusion?
From my trading platform, you will see offer only when there is a commensurate bid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
myjoy08: Oando Conference call start in 3:00pm

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
presiade:
Exactly. They need to be up and doing. our annual fees no be beans o.

Sometimes when I refresh the page (using iPad), I get connected to someone else's account. It has happened to me twice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
Elai147:

Sometimes when I refresh the page (using iPad), I get connected to someone else's account. It has happened to me twice.
That one is serious o, though I never experienced such, but it's going to be catastrophic if they don't resolve the matter immediately. Imagine you selling someone's valued stocks and vice versa... Eh, yawa go gas o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
passwelle: So Alh Maga actually exists!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
@Moneysage...

Any downward tendencies toward the 66k Sept-2013 low should take price action into an oversold region.

Then we can start seeing things...

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
presiade:
That one is serious o, though I never experienced such, but it's going to be catastrophic if they don't resolve the matter immediately. Imagine you selling someones valued stocks and vice versa... Eh, yawa go gas o.

That used to be normal when you log into cscs online in the evening. But they've corrected it since the launch of their new site.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
Currently witnessing the longest losing streak in my investment experience. Entire portfolio has been bleeding for almost 2 weeks non-stop. However, I see light at the end of the tunnel. *Time to streamline my portfolio*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
mpi210:

That used to be normal when you log into cscs online in the evening. But they've corrected it since the launch of their new site.
CSCS own is still better, at least someone cannot sell your stock directly from their platform. On MC's platform your stock would change hands one time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
lancee:

Thanks

Conference about to start. The CEO is talking presently...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
when the bulls are here, everyone sounds bullish but when bears surface, it is all man for himself with series of attacks and exposure of pre-executed devious schemes.

chai chai! I tot we are meant to analyse a stockpick and know the possible pros and cons, then who ever that likes any could pick one. we musn't buy all the bullish stocks neither must we talk down a stock because we dont have it presently.

I have equally noticed dat letting ppl in here know what you are buying doesn't really have much effect on the price. If not some stocks will still be flying now.

This world with the wealth in it, is too big to contain us all.

I am glad the bears are here, at least more of fundamental and less emotional analysis is now put into consideration, with ground breaking revelations of massive insincerity .

#Great moment of truth, but truth hurts.

Oga Stockbull is time to show yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
SWG1:
I have equally noticed dat letting ppl in here know what you are buying doesn't really have much effect on the price. If not some stocks will still be flying now.

i use to be wonder when member believes pple comes here with their stock pick to pump d price of what they owns. how much of d mkt do NL control example Oando and transcorp thinz, we all know what going on @ d moment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
presiade:
That one is serious o, though I never experienced such, but it's going to be catastrophic if they don't resolve the matter immediately. Imagine you selling someones valued stocks and vice versa... Eh, yawa go gas o.

I have never tried to access the list of stocks in both accounts so I don't know if selling will be possible. I noticed this in the life trading section and I've always logged out immediately (with fear) because I no fit shout.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
presiade:
CSCS own is still better, at least someone cannot sell your stock directly from their platform. On MC's platform your stock would change hands one time.

But the money will be credited to your account. So the perpetrator cannot benefit from the act. But pray make the person no vex place a buy order of 1 million unit of Ftncocoa, 2 million units of Tantalizer, 5 million units of Daarcomm, etc grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Elai147:

But the money will be credited to your account. So the perpetrator cannot benefit from the act. But pray make the person no vex place a buy order of 1 million unit of Ftncocoa, 2 million units of Tantalizer, 5 million units of Daarcomm, etc grin

IAA and Universal Insurance!!

Hahahahahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (7792) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gamaliel9, Mpeace(m), iHaveMadeiT2, Ginalex(f), kollingz(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.