Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10879883 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 3:13am On Mar 16, 2018
kolaish:
I think that the market is still trying to digest zenith result and in a matter of days, we will see the effect of the positive dividend declared by zenith.

This type of result will never go unnoticed positively.
Disclosure: Yours truly bought today @ 31.50
My post when Zenith released their result.

It is unfortunate that the market has digested zenith result wrongly, a case of a good result released at a bad time. I was occupied with a lot of things and could not open my platform until after close of market, if not I would have sold and cut my losses. But the way it looks now, I doubt if I will sell considering the losses.

Na wa o. Even to take 10% from NSE now is a problem grin.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:56am On Mar 16, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogedanny: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2018
What To Do When Your Stock Price Continues To Fall - Learn The Best Time & Strategies To Sell Your Stock For Profit In Nigerian Stock Market

The expectations of a lot of traders are currently cut short right now as I write this guide to knowing when to hold or sell your stocks. Why? The full-year earning season is here and we had hoped for more appreciation of the share price of some selected big cap banking stocks. Besides, a friend of mine bought 500,000 combined units of two top banking stocks as he had speculated a double-digit share price increase when these companies disclose their revenue, profit and EPS figure this week. But, you know what, the reverse is actually happening: the two stocks are already down and It's looking so strange to him.

See more - http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/what-to-do-when-your-stock-price-continues-to-fall/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:03am On Mar 16, 2018
ogedanny:
What To Do When Your Stock Price Continues To Fall - Learn The Best Time & Strategies To Sell Your Stock For Profit In Nigerian Stock Market

The expectations of a lot of traders are currently cut short right now as I write this guide to knowing when to hold or sell your stocks. Why? The full-year earning season is here and we had hoped for more appreciation of the share price of some selected big cap banking stocks. Besides, a friend of mine bought 500,000 combined units of two top banking stocks as he had speculated a double-digit share price increase when these companies disclose their revenue, profit and EPS figure this week. But, you know what, the reverse is actually happening: the two stocks are already down and It's looking so strange to him.

See more - http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/what-to-do-when-your-stock-price-continues-to-fall/
Oga you get plenty friends o

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:11am On Mar 16, 2018
ogedanny:

Oga all the advice you gave are just defense mechanism. Tell your 'friend' he made a mistake in entry price. Dassol. Those taking profit entered long ago. Just chop your dividend and wait for the next bull run to break even. It's part of the learning process

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2018
The big boys taking profit needed the good results for crowd entry on whom to dump on. If they tried to sell earlier the stocks will just go on perpetual offers which will drive prices to the gutters

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:39am On Mar 16, 2018
MSCI ADDITION FOR 15 MARCH 2018/GENERAL MARKET COMMENT

The market still looking for stability. The fund is selling but at a reduced mode.

Time for freeing the market from the bears is likely to be elongated by this FOMC issue. I felt for the investors that have been affected by this downtrend. Unfortunately the market has no emotion for what any investor is going through. As investor we have to put in necessary strategies to checkmate ourselves without falling into the temptation of buying when we suppose to stay out of the market. For me the control is putting myself in the “mode” of the market, for now the market is in “silent mode”, abstain from buying till FOMC issue is settled or matter appropriately priced into the market via time.

Also if I see any equity that has no promising expectation in the next 6 months suddenly hitting new high, I will sell without blinking an eye; for this reason I am selling my Fidson with a limit order of between NGN5.20 and 5.00

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:49am On Mar 16, 2018
I am selling my FBNH today. I mean all of it. I will re enter after q4 2017result is out. I just saw something now that is not too encouraging dividend wise.
Out of their q3 PAT of 45.8 billion, their Commercial Banking arm contributed 37.3billion, while others brought in 8.5 billion. If the new CBN rule should be applied here then the commercial banking arm will not contribute to dividend. In the long run, I dont see them paying more than 30kobo as dividend although PAT will increase very significantly.
Disclaimer: I am not an insider neither am I close to anyone that is close to anyone that knows an insider.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2018
Mpeace:
I am selling my FBNH today. I mean all of it. I will re enter after q4 2017result is out. I just saw something now that is not too encouraging dividend wise.
Out of their q3 PAT of 45.8 billion, their Commercial Banking arm contributed 37.3billion, while others brought in 8.5 billion. If the new CBN rule should be applied here then the commercial banking arm will not contribute to dividend. In the long run, I dont see them paying more than 30kobo as dividend although PAT will increase very significantly.
Disclaimer: I am not an insider neither am I close to anyone that is close to anyone that knows an insider.

Pls help us check for Access, UBA, DS and DF result.
You are more than an insider. Just get us the facts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2018
Mpeace:
Even if it pays N1 nor be reverse gear e go still enter?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
My broda if FBNH pay N1 there will be no reversal. That I can assure you. It would be a better yield that Zenith, Gtb, Access, UBA. Afriprud etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:24am On Mar 16, 2018
Agba, can you spot that monkey hunter?

Do you remember them insisting that they will not sell (that we are forcing them to sell to us)? They forgot that MSCI (if you believe their report though) and other "foreign investors" have enough stocks to sell to us at our respective bus stops.

Reality is gradually settling in.

Make I jeje return to my sidon look mode!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

No be reverse only, naa free fall

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:29am On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2018
PharmAlfred:

Pls help us check for Access, UBA, DS and DF result.
You are more than an insider. Just get us the facts.
Lol I done become checker. Abeg ask CP. na him sabi dat calculate that thing wela. Remember he told us Dangflour will not pay dividend due to negative wetin sef...
To me Dangsugar no go far from NASCON. Access q3 2017 result no too better pass the q3 2016 so them fit pay the same thing like last year. As for UBA I no know any thing but I no see them paying more than 70kobo(e fit be 50kobo sef) Ask Agba and Current, na dem sabi dis thing well well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2018
Mpeace:
My broda if FBNH pay N1 there will be no reversal. That I can assure you. It would be a better yield that Zenith, Gtb, Access, UBA. Afriprud etc

But it didn't enter reverse after the FY16 was released though....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2018
johnok:

Welcome sir.
You are right.Most of our holdings are withstanding the current torrents of bears!
You have been wonderful in leading and assuring us
Three Gbosas to you Boss

My Pleasure Sir !!
...and thanks for the compliments.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:34am On Mar 16, 2018
yok:

The market still looking for stability. The fund is selling but at a reduced mode.

Time for freeing the market from the bears is likely to be elongated by this FOMC issue. I felt for the investors that have been affected by this downtrend. Unfortunately the market has no emotion for what any investor is going through. As investor we have to put in necessary strategies to checkmate ourselves without falling into the temptation of buying when we suppose to stay out of the market. For me the control is putting myself in the “mode” of the market, for now the market is in “silent mode”, abstain from buying till FOMC issue is settled or matter appropriately priced into the market via time.

Also if I see any equity that has no promising expectation in the next 6 months suddenly hitting new high, I will sell without blinking an eye; for this reason I am selling my Fidson with a limit order of between NGN5.20 and 5.00

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

Well said to the 1st part in bold. wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:35am On Mar 16, 2018
mendes911:

That is why I said N1 will not lead to reverse. Last year it was trading at about N3 when it declared 20kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:42am On Mar 16, 2018
mendes911:

Though another thing to consider is that FBNH was already done when FY16 was released. He that's down, has no where to fall to again.

This year might be different. N3 to N11 movement no be beans. Any result similar to FY16,...... You know the rest of the story.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chemali: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2018
Mpeace:

Stanbic's dividend wasn't encouraging compared to their share price. Yet, the market seemed to react positively and its almost 50 naira (50k dividend). Why will FBN be different?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:47am On Mar 16, 2018
chemali:

Stanbic's dividend wasn't encouraging compared to their share price. Yet, the market seemed to react positively and its almost 50 naira (50k dividend). Why will FBN be different?
Pls don't compare stanbic with any Nigerian bank. Don't even try it because if you do ehh me and you go get problem.
Na joke oh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:48am On Mar 16, 2018
robobo:

@fxuser
chief wld appr8 ur response to above
thank you

hey chief
Not privy to details.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2018
fxuser:

hey chief
Not privy to details.
When I become president, na you gi be my minister of info. You sabi dodge stone wella.
As president, any kweshion wey them ask me I go just say: Pls Ask my info minister.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 9:59am On Mar 16, 2018
fxuser:

hey chief
Not privy to details.
Thanks appr8 ur response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:11am On Mar 16, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

The market is only offering a refresher course..... grin
At a point, we threw away all tested market axioms... grin

- prices breaking down into d kumo umm, some breaking beolow d cloud umm
- gaps downs are dangerous, hope is worse
- it's a spectators mkt for me
- some relief bounce needed today
- traders dat want to be right shud be careful out there
- i like to be wrong early
- ohhh fidelity , my itchy fingers lollx

#cautionFolks
#TGIF
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:12am On Mar 16, 2018
Mpeace:
When I become president, na you gi be my minister of info. You sabi dodge stone wella.
As president, any kweshion wey them ask me I go just say: Pls Ask my info minister.

no probs boss !
lolx
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:18am On Mar 16, 2018
kolaish:
My post when Zenith released their result.

It is unfortunate that the market has digested zenith result wrongly, a case of a good result released at a bad time. I was occupied with a lot of things and could not open my platform until after close of market, if not I would have sold and cut my losses. But the way it looks now, I doubt if I will sell considering the losses.

Na wa o. Even to take 10% from NSE now is a problem grin.

This isn't new, the market always digest Zenith result wrongly,

Just check the "HISTORY" of Zenith result declaration and market reaction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2018
yok:

Hmm, the 500k units of Oando i saw in morgan capital thinking it was Oga Loco that sold it was done by MSCI.
Na wa ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jinnyz: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2018
ACCESS BANK PLSSS RELEASE RESULT!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:45am On Mar 16, 2018
jinnyz:
ACCESS BANK PLSSS RELEASE RESULT!!!!!

Na by Force?? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
Stockbuego are you sure?

Iam not very sure bro, but I have the gut that might happen

(1) (2) (3) ... (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ukay2, spido(m), chuksnnaemeka and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.