Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,861 members, 7,855,536 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11049808 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) (3311) (3312) ... (7809) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 17, 2018
locodemy:

They don use your cross to crucify you.

grin

You are wicked grin

Mendes will come and catch the two of you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Mendes , oya over to you.

Godisfaithful, another outing dey today ooo... You need to take madam out for shopping again ooo. grin

Someone received the monthly visitor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 17, 2018
Coolcash1:
I have come to realize that in the NSE, it pays to approach the market with a pessimistic than optimistic view. With this mindset, you manage your downside risk better. For instance, looking at the fantastic result Zenith released an optimist would have expected the stock to go on bid or at minimum record momentum in price gain but hey, what we saw was complete opposite- pessimism. On the flip side, someone who holds a pessimistic view would have predicted the price to head south and then wait before taking position at the value zone. With this, the investor would have hedge his downside risk to a very large extent unlike mr optimist.

I give another personal example. During the FBNH rally, I was very optimistic that the price will get to N16 (as predicted by experts and members of this forum) which made me to enter at a very high price. What I saw was that it before i knew it the price entered reverse gear and the target of N16 turned into a mirage. In short, I had to sell at a loss.... grin

Newbies note that the above apply more to short term investors than long term.

Pessimism is when you don't throw caution to the wind. Once you are like that , you protect yourself against the negative while waiting for the positive.

Positive is always a plus. That is why you don't need to bother about it much....but you must watch it so that it doesn't turn you on grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:39am On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Mendes , oya over to you.

Godisfaithful, another outing dey today ooo... You need to take madam out for shopping again ooo. grin

Over to me kee. Am not responsible for anybody's frustration. I will ignore as usual. Afterall they initially said you were gonna lick your vomit, they ended up licking your vomit for you. LOL.

The one that was calling Agba a master in January, called him a clown last week. Let them keep throwing the stock. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2018
mendes911:

Over to me kee. Am not responsible for anybody's frustration. I will ignore as usual. Afterall they initially said you were gonna lick your vomit, they ended up licking your vomit for you. LOL.

The one that was calling Agba a master in January, called him a clown last week. Let them keep throwing the stock. grin

grin
Cc Loco
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

grin
Cc Loco

Una see weytin I dey talk.. him don dey jam 2 people head together again.. only this guy fit star war.

Guys we really need to spot the devil on time before it’s too late..

Me I’m done talking about him jare

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2018
More Weekly 'dead crosses'.
Hmm!
More new doses of Patience administered.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
Yayira:
CP
FXuser
Pa Emma
Agba

I’m officially out of the market now, so all of you can rest now till I enter again and continue to bombard y’all with questions. grin grin
Thanks a lot for all the advice

super risk management move , good reaction . kudos madam
i'm also at my highest cash level since dec also
anyway , this is d worst weekly performance for bank Index. Week to date is a massive -8.35% (massive weekly red engulfing candle)
Personally , got my first humble pie, fidelity holdings was bady out of position wt an avg cost of ard N3 ..
i dont know how to avg down , i chop my humble pie without fuss (blame d itchy finger issues later)
every market likes to serve humble pies ard every now and den (crypto community de chop am back to back dis yr lolx)
dis sell off is likely to continue into the new week ..
opportunities will present themselves again , we wud patiently wait and not be drawn into chasing them lol

Key reminder to Self:
Never ignore negative divergences

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:
More Weekly 'dead crosses'.
Hmm!
More new doses of Patience administered.

Index trading at 9week low
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Index trading at 9week low

taking back more of dat jan gains
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
fxuser:

taking back more of dat jan gains

Top 10 Price declines

Japaul -30.93%
Fidelity -22.48%
Unity -21.51%
AfriPrud -20.20%
Lasaco -18%
Wema -18%
ThomasWyatt -16%
UCap -15.8%
Nascon -15.4%

massive double digit drops ! ! Very angry bear

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
Seems there is a LOT of panic! People need to relax and manage their expectations.

People seems to believe the Armageddon is here! I don't think so.

For 'traders', we are in difficult times. There is NOTHING to move the share prices northwards. Most stocks already have the full ear result factored into their prices hence the 'bull' run end of last year. Except the final result is significantly different from full year result, don't expect major change in prices.

I think we still have value on the NSE. Zenith is trading at a PE of <5.00! That is a deal. Even GTB's PE is <10! They are ramping up personal loan now since the free TB money is gone for now. I expect the top banks to be able to sustain earnings in 2018. With current oil price, their Oil and Gas NPL should see some improvements.

Generally, people should FORGET about buying at the 'bottom' and selling at the 'peak'. It is a fallacy! I guess that is what is responsible for the gloom now! You are better off having a percentage profit you plan to make and exiting once that OBJECTIVE is met. Many seems to be trading without a strategic plan! The only plan seems to be to 'hammer'

And for those who don't have their emotion in check, flee the NSE! Your portfolio can be down 30% in just 2 weeks! For those that started last year and only saw the BULL run and thought it will continue, biko life is not like that!

Lastly, PLEASE avoid 'kalo kalo' stocks like JA PAUL irrespective of the seeming 1000% returns. Such stocks are not meant for 'ordinary' human beings. Only 'winch' people trade in stocks with zero fundamentals plus terrible corporate governance/management! When such stocks reverse, na like trailer going back on a slope! At least if person go chop frog, chop the one with egg!

Happy Investing

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
Trading Pull backs

D further price drops below ur entry, d more emotional pressure for a reaction
Without any guiding rules , ur in for an emotional roller coaster ride
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
fxuser:

Top 10 Price declines

Japaul -30.93%
Fidelity -22.48%
Unity -21.51%
AfriPrud -20.20%
Lasaco -18%
Wema -18%
ThomasWyatt -16%
UCap -15.8%
Nascon -15.4%

massive double digit drops ! ! Very angry bear
Waiting for another round of planting in the draught
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2018
fxuser:
Trading Pull backs

D further price drops below ur entry, d more emotional pressure for a reaction
Without any guiding rules , ur in for an emotional roller coaster ride

Appears some stocks are in a bearish trend?
Or do will still say this is a pull back; we can still assume a pullback for index, still within 10% drop from the top
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
fxuser:

anyway , this is d worst weekly performance for bank Index. Week to date is a massive -8.35% (massive weekly red engulfing candle)
Personally , got my first humble pie, fidelity holdings was bady out of position wt an avg cost of ard N3 ..
i dont know how to avg down , i chop my humble pie without fuss (blame d itchy finger issues later)
every market likes to serve humble pies ard every now and den (crypto community de chop am back to back dis yr lolx)
opportunities will present themselves again , we wud patiently wait and not be drawn into chasing them lol

Key reminder to Self:

That Fidelity's ₦3.00 support was something else. It was too good to be ignored. Got a lot of people in, not just you alone. That's where the dumping started from.

What about your Transcorp?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
fxuser:

Key reminder to Self:

As Warren Buffet said, in the market, the rear mirror is clearer than the windscreen... grin
I sit back at times and wonder how I built a buy case when the charts were clearly shouting SELL!
It took me as much as slapping myself and insulting myself before a mirror that prevented me from entering Fidelity @ N2.86 -N2.98.
This is because, looking at the weekly chart, which I never play with, it was too much even for a die-hard gambler to dare, and weeks can pass too fast without notice, in a wrong stock. The daily was pretending to be nice, like a rat that bites and blows air.

I have learned a lot during this period.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
wanaj0:
Seems there is a LOT of panic! People need to relax and manage their expectations.

For 'traders', we are in difficult times. There is NOTHING to move the share prices northwards. Most stocks already have the full ear result factored into their prices hence the 'bull' run end of last year. Except the final result is significantly different from full year result, don't expect major change in prices.

I think we still have value on the NSE. Zenith is trading at a PE of <5.00! That is a deal. Even GTB's PE is <10! They are ramping up personal loan now since the free TB money is gone for now. I expect the top banks to be able to sustain earnings in 2018. With current oil price, their Oil and Gas NPL should see some improvements.

Generally, people should FORGET about buying at the 'bottom' and selling at the 'peak'. It is a fallacy! I guess that is what is responsible for the gloom now! You are better off having a percentage profit you plan to make and exiting once that OBJECTIVE is met. Many seems to be trading without a strategic plan! The only plan seems to be to 'hammer'

And for those who don't have their emotion in check, flee the NSE! Your portfolio can be down 30% in just 2 weeks! For those that started last year and only saw the BULL run and thought it will continue, biko life is not like that!

Lastly, PLEASE avoid 'kalo kalo' stocks like JA PAUL irrespective of the seeming 1000% returns. Such stocks are not meant for 'ordinary' human beings. Only 'winch' people trade in stocks with zero fundamentals plus terrible corporate governance/management! When such stocks reverse, na like trailer going back on a slope! At least if person go chop frog, chop the one with egg!

Happy Investing

Is it school fees yet or this is still payment for course registration?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
wanaj0:

Happy Investing

I don't think Armageddon is here.

Yes, they are ramping up personal loans but it will take a while to penetrate and they must have good risk management division to ensure that it doesn't go bad. This is the tricky one. We are always faced with this cycle: FX issues, Tbills gains, Tbills reduction and start of lending, then NPLs and finally a rescue. And it goes on and on again.

The big banks will weather this storm but the small ones will find it difficult.

Meanwhile, does CBN want to put up any law to limit FPI? I read something where GE was saying that FPI is bad for the economy?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 1:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
I now know why some traders print out charts.
In the beginning, I used to feel investing. Com changed the charts after my entry.
I later started keeping charts on all timeframe on the day of purchase.
I was shocked at how my emotions were interpreting the charts I was personally printing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
mendes911:

That Fidelity's ₦3.00 support was something else. It was too good to be ignored. Got a lot of people in, not just you alone. That's where the dumping started from.

um Transcorp
been adding little more btw N2 to 1.90 oh ... taking my avg cost up to 1.44 to 1.50 on different accounts
the yeye just pulled back further on some kind of low vol
very bearish posture , hv to hang on , because the volume traded are very low .. even d bids were very low
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Yes, they are ramping up personal loans but it will take a while to penetrate and they must have good risk management division to ensure that it doesn't go bad. This is the tricky one. We are always faced with this cycle: FX issues, Tbills gains, Tbills reduction and start of lending, then NPLs and finally a rescue. And it goes on and on again.

The big banks will weather this storm but the small ones will find it difficult.

Meanwhile, does CBN want to put up any law to limit FPI? I read something where GE was saying that FPI is bad for the economy?

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/cbn-frowns-as-hot-money-exceeds-fdi-by-7bn-in-2018/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:
I now know why some traders print out charts.
In the beginning, I used to feel investing. Com changed the charts after my entry.
I later started keeping charts on all timeframe on the day of purchase.
I was shocked at how my emotions were interpreting the charts I was personally printing.

nice one
i save dem with dates on d site with notes and all
u can bring them up anytime u want

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
mendes911:

I really feel for him.His technicals was leading him to add more,top more as he normally says.
Fidelity and Transcorp was his major top up.I even told him then to run away and leave technicals for now but he kept on toping,adding saying........

um!
what do i know self.
interesting days ahead.
more patience.
and many more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Yes, they are ramping up personal loans but it will take a while to penetrate and they must have good risk management division to ensure that it doesn't go bad. [/b]This is the tricky one. We are always faced with this cycle: [b]FX issues, Tbills gains, Tbills reduction and start of lending, then NPLs and finally a rescue. And it goes on and on again.

The time has come for the 'Debt Moguls' to rape the banks again.
Assets will be 3000% inflated and used as collateral.
From day1, the borrower knows he has made a kill!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
mendes911:

That support was super artificial. nse charts need to be read with naija flavour. When the seller (who knows, maybe MM) was done selling, he released the recoil. And new sellers are entrying
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
fxuser:

um Transcorp
been adding little more btw N2 to 1.90 oh ... taking my avg cost up to 1.44 to 1.50 on different accounts
the yeye just pulled back further on some kind of low vol
very bearish posture , hv to hang on , because the volume traded are very low .. even d bids were very low

Sorry for barging on you oooo. I know you have a plan and you are trading that plan but what's really your expectation re.. Transcorp?

Q3 ain't that rossy and NBET is owning Genco's up and down. I also know one or two about their debt. Is this gut trading or you already have facts behind the koko?

Maybe they might get to buy one of these power stations been flaunted by FG....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

As Warren Buffet said, in the market, the rear mirror is clearer than the windscreen... grin
I sit back at times and wonder how I built a buy case when the charts were clearly shouting SELL!
It took me as much as slapping myself and insulting myself before a mirror that prevented me from entering Fidelity @ N2.86 -N2.98.
This is because, looking at the weekly chart, which I never play with, it was too much even for a die-hard gambler to dare, and weeks can pass too fast without notice, in a wrong stock. The daily was pretending to be nice, like a rat that bites and blows air.

I have learned a lot during this period.

grin grin

I hope you will not sell when you are meant to hold.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

That support was super artificial. nse charts need to be read with naija flavour. When the seller (who knows, maybe MM) was done selling, he released the recoil. And new sellers are entrying

Agba, I really have to disagree with you on this. That support was tight. Actually, the entity dumping made it impossible for the price to rally even if for 15%....

I got in at a point and barely left after 24 hours when I realised the entity wasn't done! Thank God my loss was ONLY trade fees.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
locodemy:

I really feel for him.His technicals was leading him to add more,top more as he normally says.
Fidelity and Transcorp was his major top up.I even told him then to run away and leave technicals for now but he kept on toping,adding saying........

um!
what do i know self.
interesting days ahead.
more patience.
and many more.

This got me cracking.... grin grin grin
Fxuser has not lost anything.
Bet me, the lessons he will get by looking back will be priceless.
His systems will be improved.
As a real TA guy, one of his most important priority will be to trade better and a little fees like this will be appreciated by him. As he is far from a loss position, especially as he ALWAYS emphasize position sizing that keeps deep draw downs at bay.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
mendes911:

Is it school fees yet or this is still payment for course registration?

When it gets to 19kobo that is when you will know that they have registered, paid school fees, paid accommodation fees and have started receiving lectures.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

grin grin

I hope you will not sell when you are meant to hold.

Before I sold I already held..... grin
why hold twice...... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) (3311) (3312) ... (7809) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shalom428 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.