Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,395 members, 7,846,656 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11010375 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) (3311) (3312) (3313) ... (7797) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

When it gets to 19kobo that is when you will know that they have registered, paid school fees, paid accommodation fees and have started receiving lectures.

Ochi atogbkwalam.
some people need you now to calm their nerves.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

That support was super artificial. nse charts need to be read with naija flavour. When the seller (who knows, maybe MM) was done selling, he released the recoil. And new sellers are entrying

But you should have seen it na.

When selling volume, you need to employ all manner of decoy. Give gero the the birds and they come out and you dump. Or sell small small and never ending sell at a constant price. When you see this, always know that the volumes are huge and hidden waiting for the right time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
locodemy:

I really feel for him.His technicals was leading him to add more,top more as he normally says.
Fidelity and Transcorp was his major top up.I even told him then to run away and leave technicals for now but he kept on toping,adding saying........

um!
what do i know self.
interesting days ahead.
more patience.
and many more

You be real clown. I tranfer my title to you grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
I had to exit ETI on THURSDAY @#19.85... Although at a loss but better than been heavily dealt with... I'm scared of that ETI and most of COYs at the moment

THE BIG SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
locodemy:

I really feel for him.His technicals was leading him to add more,top more as he normally says.
Fidelity and Transcorp was his major top up.I even told him then to run away and leave technicals for now but he kept on toping,adding saying........

um!
what do i know self.
interesting days ahead.
more patience.
and many more.

Next time he would listen and buy UPL instead grin grin grin ...

A camel cannot see the crookedness of its neck.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

But you should have seen it na.

When selling volume, you need to employ all manner of decoy. Give gero the the birds and they come out and you dump. Or sell small small and never ending sell at a constant price. When you see this, always know that the volumes age huge and hidden waiting for the right time.

That was the exact method Access bank employed.... grin
The volume kept rolling in.
When they discover guys want to decode, they leave it as if they are done and resume the following day until Mendes911 became annoyed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
nio68:

Next time he would listen and buy UPL instead grin grin grin ...

A camel cannot see the crookedness of its neck.

UPL be OBASANJO for TRANSCORP naw.
why you dey compare the two?
you should have use JAPAUL OIL to do the comparism.

hm!.
um!
Preservation of cash na the koko for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

This got me cracking.... grin grin grin
Fxuser has not lost anything.
Bet me, the lessons he will get by looking back will be priceless.
His systems will be improved.
As a real TA guy, one of his most important priority will be to trade better and a little fees like this will be appreciated by him. As he is far from a loss position, especially as he ALWAYS emphasize position sizing that keeps deep draw downs at bay.... grin

arrgh
Position sizing
we need to discuss this a little more so we can all afford to be wrong but never be out
i tried to explain how this is calculated some months back but didn't get any mileage
very key sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
mendes911:

Sorry for barging on you oooo. I know you have a plan and you are trading that plan but what's really your expectation re.. Transcorp?

Q3 ain't that rossy and NBET is owning Genco's up and down. I also know one or two about their debt. Is this gut trading or you already have facts behind the koko?

Maybe they might get to buy one of these power stations been flaunted by FG....

umm a lot of ''maybe's'' u mentioned
we hv fair value guru's in d house , i simply ff trend , price and volume
its bearish like most stocks also and in fact when weekly RSI's start breaking below 50 levels , its even more caution
price may drop further dis week, same for most stocks esp d banks
dis week sell off took weekly closure to an 8 week low ..
plenty red flags in d market , we may see lower
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
Time to re enter market small small, Fx-user Im still into accumulating pet marketing stocks xcept eterna, pls beam ur signals there next week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
fxuser:

umm a lot of ''maybe's'' u mentioned
we hv fair value guru's in d house , i simply ff trend , price and volume
its bearish like most stocks also and in fact [b]when weekly RSI's start breaking below 50 l[/b]evels , its even more caution
price may drop further dis week, same for most stocks esp d banks
dis week sell off took weekly closure to an 8 week low ..
plenty red flags in d market , we may see lower

Why 50?

Why not 30 or 60?

Can't you postulate your own?

Just asking sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 2:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/cbn-frowns-as-hot-money-exceeds-fdi-by-7bn-in-2018/

They should stop making noise. Why will any reasonable person invest 'long term' in Nigeria when he can make some quick money?

Let them continue to frown! An stupid restriction will see the economy tank!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Why 50?

Why not 30 or 60?

Can't you postulate your own?

Weekly 50 RSI is like a neutral line
SP behaves differently wen above and below
Wen above 70 , SP keeps making new highs
Wen below 30 , Sp keeps making new low
and be be lo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
stocks with new 52 week lows
sovereign #0.28k
unity Kapital #0.28k
Africa alliance #0.27k
multitrex #0.46k
mutual benefit #0.44k
Niger insurance #0.42k
mcnichols #1.14k
stocks with new 52 week highs
fidson #5.25k
stanbic Ibtc #50.00k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
wanaj0:

They should stop making noise. Why will any reasonable person invest 'long term' in Nigeria when he can make some quick money?

we wud hear more noise wen d reserves hit $50 bln lolx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

You be real clown. I tranfer my title to you grin

lolx
he wont kee me ooh

um!
what do i know self.
interesting days ahead.
more patience.
and many more.

#chai
lolxx
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
currentprice:
abeg make u na leave fidelity alone. no wan my senior to vex o

pple wicked sha from 4.33 to 2.31

grin

Lol...I am watching out for the "Fidelity will get to N6.00 crowd"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
TLAX:

Lol...I am watching out for the "Fidelity will get to N6.00 crowd"
Truelie.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
phemmie06:

I guess this one will also reverse

This is probably the better managed insurance company that is quoted on the NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
Thanks Boss.
wanaj0:
Seems there is a LOT of panic! People need to relax and manage their expectations.

People seems to believe the Armageddon is here! I don't think so.

For 'traders', we are in difficult times. There is NOTHING to move the share prices northwards. Most stocks already have the full ear result factored into their prices hence the 'bull' run end of last year. Except the final result is significantly different from full year result, don't expect major change in prices.

I think we still have value on the NSE. Zenith is trading at a PE of <5.00! That is a deal. Even GTB's PE is <10! They are ramping up personal loan now since the free TB money is gone for now. I expect the top banks to be able to sustain earnings in 2018. With current oil price, their Oil and Gas NPL should see some improvements.

Generally, people should FORGET about buying at the 'bottom' and selling at the 'peak'. It is a fallacy! I guess that is what is responsible for the gloom now! You are better off having a percentage profit you plan to make and exiting once that OBJECTIVE is met. Many seems to be trading without a strategic plan! The only plan seems to be to 'hammer'

And for those who don't have their emotion in check, flee the NSE! Your portfolio can be down 30% in just 2 weeks! For those that started last year and only saw the BULL run and thought it will continue, biko life is not like that!

Lastly, PLEASE avoid 'kalo kalo' stocks like JA PAUL irrespective of the seeming 1000% returns. Such stocks are not meant for 'ordinary' human beings. Only 'winch' people trade in stocks with zero fundamentals plus terrible corporate governance/management! When such stocks reverse, na like trailer going back on a slope! At least if person go chop frog, chop the one with egg!

Happy Investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
For those who missed 2008 tutorials in "investing in NSE" consider yourselves lucky that the 2018 tutorials and exams are coming in quick succession. After that 2008 tutorials if took us a long time to write exams. At least now you have taken tutorials and written exams, and if you pass you can move on...all within 6 months. If you failed however, then additional, and more costly tutorials loading.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
TLAX:
For those who missed 2008 tutorials in "investing in NSE" consider yourselves lucky that the 2018 tutorials and exams are coming in quick succession. After that 2008 tutorials if took us a long time to write exams. At least now you have taken tutorials and written exams, and if you pass you can move on...all within 6 months. If you failed however, then additional, and more costly tutorials loading.....

Issues complicated.Do you stand on bears or bulls?Check your recent posts and what is on ground now and tell me where you belong to..........

ON MY 7TH BOTTLE NOW.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
fxuser:

Weekly 50 RSI is like a neutral line
SP behaves differently wen above and below
Wen above 70 , SP keeps making new highs
Wen below 30 , Sp keeps making new low
and be be lo

You don't understand my question.

Have you asked yourself why overbought line (high line) is 70 and not 80 or 90 and oversold line (low line) is 30 and not 20 or 10?

Should RSI overbought and oversold lines be the same(30/70) for all stock?

Adjusting these lines means you need to understand why the inventor of RSI used 30 and 70 and 50 for neutral line.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
wanaj0:

Oil price is making CBN feel smart... undecided
The 'Niger Delta Technicians have also been so forgiving.
If you enter a restaurant and one early customer can't get off his calls, won't you be happy that the cook attend to you first?
CBN was castigating the banks for not extending loans to the agric sector.
I laughed and questioned, is it not easier they guarantee such loans and see if any bank will default?
Everything the govt need to put in place to make sure these loans work is actually what a good percentage of the loans will be spent on.
Then govt will still descend with heavy and multiple taxes.
I always appreciate anyone who puts up a physical welfare scheme (Business) for the benefit of the greedy, non functioning/revenue sharing lazy govt.
As RabbiDoracle pointed out rightly, FYE18 will mess up NPL ratios, especially for rogue banks.
More profit warnings after Q3...... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
locodemy:

Issues complicated.Do you stand on bears or bulls?Check your recent posts and what is on ground now and tell me where you belong to..........

ON MY 7TH BOTTLE NOW.

Fill up before alcoholic tax lands..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
wanaj0:

grin grin
I just hope they are not bringing up a policy that will restrict FPI.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
Yayira:

Stop trying to put enmity between us here.
Rabbi or CP are free to say anything they want cause before all these their heart slicing comments, They teach, advice, warn but you, your post are just jejune.. stop tagging yourself along.. you no follow..
using “they” “them” “some people “ in most of your posts makes you come across a gossip.

Dont pay attention to him. He is just an oracle wannabe grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

grin grin
I just hope they are not bringing up a policy that will restrict FPI.

They will use that their building in Abuja to borrow dollars..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Oil price is making CBN feel smart... undecided
The 'Niger Delta Technicians have also been so forgiving.
If you enter a restaurant and one early customer can't get off his calls, won't you be happy that the cook attend to you first?
CBN was castigating the banks for not extending loans to the agric sector.
I laughed and questioned, is it not easier they guarantee such loans and see if any bank will default?
Everything the govt need to put in place to make sure these loans work is actually what a good percentage of the loans will be spent on.
Then govt will still descend with heavy and multiple taxes.
I always appreciate anyone who puts up a physical welfare scheme (Business) for the benefit of the greedy, non functioning/revenue sharing lazy govt.
As RabbiDoracle pointed out rightly, FYE18 will mess up NPL ratios, especially for rogue banks.
More profit warnings after Q3...... grin

It will be too early for such a call on NPLs. NPL from increased loans will start coming after 2018( 1 year minimum). Now the banks will need to preoccupy themselves with pushing more funds for lending.

Just my opinion sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Fill up before alcoholic tax lands..... grin

grin
No matter the tax, men go still dey shayo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
wanaj0:
Seems there is a LOT of panic! People need to relax and manage their expectations.

People seems to believe the Armageddon is here! I don't think so.

For 'traders', we are in difficult times. There is NOTHING to move the share prices northwards. Most stocks already have the full ear result factored into their prices hence the 'bull' run end of last year. Except the final result is significantly different from full year result, don't expect major change in prices.

I think we still have value on the NSE. Zenith is trading at a PE of <5.00! That is a deal. Even GTB's PE is <10! They are ramping up personal loan now since the free TB money is gone for now. I expect the top banks to be able to sustain earnings in 2018. With current oil price, their Oil and Gas NPL should see some improvements.

Generally, people should FORGET about buying at the 'bottom' and selling at the 'peak'. It is a fallacy! I guess that is what is responsible for the gloom now! You are better off having a percentage profit you plan to make and exiting once that OBJECTIVE is met. Many seems to be trading without a strategic plan! The only plan seems to be to 'hammer'

And for those who don't have their emotion in check, flee the NSE! Your portfolio can be down 30% in just 2 weeks! For those that started last year and only saw the BULL run and thought it will continue, biko life is not like that!

Lastly, PLEASE avoid 'kalo kalo' stocks like JA PAUL irrespective of the seeming 1000% returns. Such stocks are not meant for 'ordinary' human beings. Only 'winch' people trade in stocks with zero fundamentals plus terrible corporate governance/management! When such stocks reverse, na like trailer going back on a slope! At least if person go chop frog, chop the one with egg!

Happy Investing

Very well said Sir Wanajo.

For me that January bull took off with an unusually high velocity and so needs a little pull back to assume a more realistic equilibrium. ...I think there's enough reason to believe that that is actually what is playing out now.
But the truth remains that the key indices and underlying fundermentals I like to look at, remains very strong. ...and has even improved year to date.
...and so this remains a healthy pullback.
I like the current pullback setup. ...for this is even the kind of setup that can make one some good measure of return if they have a well mapped out strategy in place.
...another good case of a classic oppurtunity about to meet up with any already prepared mind !! wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I don't think Armageddon is here.

Yes, they are ramping up personal loans but it will take a while to penetrate and they must have good risk management division to ensure that it doesn't go bad. This is the tricky one. We are always faced with this cycle: FX issues, Tbills gains, Tbills reduction and start of lending, then NPLs and finally a rescue. And it goes on and on again.

The big banks will weather this storm but the small ones will find it difficult.

Meanwhile, does CBN want to put up any law to limit FPI? I read something where GE was saying that FPI is bad for the economy?

Good to know ur beginning to agree to the part in bold my oga.
The big banks will often times find a way to weather the storm.
...they are usually better equiped to tap from the many revenue streams for banks.
The truth is; just like 2016 when non interest income and fx related gains and 2017 when Trading lines were the profit drivers, 2018 might as well see a good mix of the combination of all earnings avenue channel.
...and even though I agree that its gonna be difficult given the now slimmer chance of growth accross those channels, I still believe they will keep working to improve on it.
For instance, ZENITH BANK recently announced it is now in a strategic partnership with Facebook and Twitter on Mastercard QR payments. ...that to me is a strong statement of their ability to look to better their earnings in line with the growing financial technological trend.

That aside, I think there'll be an improvement in some toxic assets following from a more stable and better oil price which will also go a long way in indirectly aiding their earnings in 2018.
Again as net purchasing power improves with slower inflationary pressue, loans to the real sector would also be better off performing than non-performing. ...hence an ease in their NPL.
...but what do I know. Q1 2018 will give us a clearer picture to what lies ahead. wink cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) (3311) (3312) (3313) ... (7797) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), beejay1(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.