Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10877402 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Who told you?

Check Aliko, Bill Gates, Warren and their level of humility.

Your theory only applies to Loco. grin

Zuckerberg nko ... You Sabi throw stone sha ... Oh I forgot you were the one that started it ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
Japaul is the next goldmine on NSE, Paul Jegede is now a born again manager. In fact he is a turnaround manager, you can take that from me. A new set of millionaires and billionaires will emerge courtesy of this stock, unfortunately at the end of the day 99% or more of the shareholders will be poorer than they are right now.

Let him first pay me the dividends he has been owing me since 2012 or so. I never try.

I'm not just a pessimist for no reason. I had a scalp surgery and hair transplant. He needs to pay.

I no trust these dudes.

Once you make your gain, jaaaaaaaaaaa.

That is the only way to beat all indices.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
Dwizeone:

Zuckerberg nko ... You Sabi throw stone sha ... Oh I forgot you were the one that started it ...

I missed that one jare. The T-shirt billionaire. He no send anyone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

It takes the deepsuck to identify and understand the deepsuck.

Wetin you mean by the bold?

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
Scammers repackage themselves every 8 to 10 years, dubious companies and managers do same. And they will never lack newer and younger sets of gullible mugus and investors.

They are mugus and highly gullible, who think they know and always argue with the experienced and rational.

This your post(above) negates the one below. Because we sabi the manager well well.

emmanuelewumi:
Japaul is the next goldmine on NSE, Paul Jegede is now a born again manager. In fact he is a turnaround manager, you can take that from me. A new set of millionaires and billionaires will emerge courtesy of this stock, unfortunately at the end of the day 99% or more of the shareholders will be poorer than they are right now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
Milost group a private equity film setting on $30billion in raw cash!how much is $250 million?i will personally be angry with jegede if japaul did not touch 2 before the end of this deal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
Experience is the best teacher so they say, smart and humble people learn from the experience of others..

Add this to it: if you try to experience what everyone had experienced, you may not be alive to tell the tale.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 9:56pm On Mar 28, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
IchimokuPilot:
https://trwstockbrokers./2018/03/28/bottom-line-ci-leasing-is-in-bed-with-debt/

Dem never grind beans, moi moi don begin smell.

Banks never start to give loans, NPLs don dey mount. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Immediately he touches the cash, he turns back to JASAUL... grin
No strong light can transform this guy.... grin
In the history of corporate mismanagement, OANDO is a dunce to JASAUL... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Who told you?

Shades and Stone at a time grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debenzd(f): 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Oga you sef dey through stone

Kindly check your mail box.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 11:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
currentprice:

as someone post last week except you are ready to hold for very long time like pa Emma, Glaxo is overvalued at cp, I think there are more to that special dividend than what we know. based on the audited result, dividend declared is almost equivalent to the fair price of the stock. Soon we might see someone dumping to the biding and the rest will be story grin

If I have this stock I will just watch and sell before they force me to be long timer but if I don't have I will stay away for now to look for better fish in the mkt

grin grin grin

Thanks Bro!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2018
maishai:
Pls house help me on this, going through forte oil 3rd quarter,they allocated more than 85% of profit after tax to non controlling interest, WHO are this non controlling interest guys ??

Na our very own Agba oooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2018
Please guys how will I get a clearinghouse number
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nazzyon(m): 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
Stock market loses 441.16 points, Lafarge Africa tops losers table

Stocks market index continues its downward trend with All-Share Index losing 441.16 points on Wednesday.

According to Agency reports, the index which open at 41,243.24 lost 441.16 points or 1.07 per cent to close at 40,802.08 after major equities on the floor ends the market with a loss.

Lafarge Africa recorded the highest loss, closes at N46.40 per share, declining by N2.30. Followed by Dangote Cement with a loss of N2 to close at N253, while Total declined by N1.70 to close at N238.30 per share.

http://www.theguildng.com/stock-market-loses-441-16-points-lafarge-africa-tops-losers-table/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:06am On Mar 29, 2018
Forte oil 2017 FYE
Non Controlling Interest Sharing d pepper lollx
#Cabal

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:17am On Mar 29, 2018
Dear all,
Pls as we retire to bed tonight even as we wake up tomorrow morning, let's not forget to include our brother Sir CHIBUKING in our prayers.
...may we continue to cry out our heart to God to help protect and secure the release of that innocent child, CHIBUGO.
May we ask our Almighty God to guide her return in time.
I believe that our efforts together with the prayers of all of u can make it happen !!
...for I have faith that our heavenly father will do it sooner than later.

May he answer to our many outcry.
AMEN !!

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:33am On Mar 29, 2018
Coolcash1:
Dangote's daughter wedding caused this... grin The directors went to groove with Alhaji... grin

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21362_LAFARGE_WAPCO_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2018.pdf

On Lafarge Wapco, my take is that with their already very shaky Nos as at Q3, the recent rights issue will most likely extend the downside risk thru the effect of dilution post 2017 YE.
...I expect to see a significant dilution in EPS as high as 45% YoY from that of 2016.
So in the short term, I forsee a drop in price likely to within a 10-18% discount from today's closure price of N46.40 following their 2017 YE result.

However post Q1, we might begin to see some impact of the rights accretion particularly the tapering from the lowering of Fx risk.
...given that Wapco had earmarked about 70% of the rights proceeds for debt conversion. (about N95b from the total approx N135b raised).
The positive here is that the accrued interest payment on their debt instrument (which is a little over 6% of total annual dividend) was not treated as a direct charge from their income statement but from equity. ...hence all additional earnings unlike before, can now be freely distributed for other investment.
This way, the Fx related volatility they suffered in their financials from the burden of carrying the instrument in 2017 would've been reduced to a much fairer minimum.
I see all their exposures to Fx loan dropping by approx 45% before Q2 2018.

At the moment I have a FV that's at an approx 13% premium from the rights price, but given the challenge from fx concerns expected in their upcoming result, it will be best to wait it out for now. ...a better price bargain would likely come thru post their 2017 YE result but pre Q1.

...my 2 cent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:39am On Mar 29, 2018
veecovee:
No single bid on aiico. Hope it's well onegentleguy

Since u are an acclaimed pastor, let's indulge in theological terms;
Just like in the Bible where it is said that the ways of our God is not the ways of men, so it is with the stock market.
...with Mr MARKET, the pattern can sometimes be totally different.
more so the thinking of his agent Mr TIME is also different from the thinking and inclinations of men !!

I'll suggest u take some dose of the drug PATIENCE, and relax ur soul. ...u need it my dear.
But if u can not do that, u may wish to sell and part ways with the 'General'.
Afterall u are, and will always be the CEO of ur portfolio.
...am sure its still within the range of what u probably bought it.

Good luck with whatever decision u take my dear !!

NOTE: DD still always advised pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:12am On Mar 29, 2018
TLAX:
Just observing...

It does appear "onegentleguy"s" recommendation on his "united nollywood company" grin may have some merit afterall. I confess I am not a fan of stock tips; giving or taking, but just doing this rejoinder cos i criticised his recommendation when it was made. I don't have any inside or proprietary information but have taken a closer look at the following

1. New products by UAC and its subsidiaries on supermarket stalls. Low price competitor to some of Nestle's best.
2. Emerging Paradigm change by management as it's now seeing itself as an agri- and food based company rather than a conglomerate
3. Shuttering of non profitable subs...a major divestment likely under way to follow UBA style share allocation
4. The slow but steady progress of share price not pulled up by bulls nor dragged down by bears

Just my opinion for reasons stated earlier. Not an invitation to buy or sell as my observations may turn out not to be correct.

My dear on ur 1st point, it shows u have been very observant in following recent trends within the company.
On ur 2nd and 3rd point u are not far from the truth especially on point 2.
On ur 4th point, yes u are right about the recent stability in their share price. ...however I think there might be a slight pull back post release of YE result (result might be a little below expectation, so the weak hands might push the price a bit lower).
But then we shall remain unshakable and even add more of our traditional 2 Afolabi units. ...because thats when 'we shall begin the actual Nollywood act with Mr TIME'. wink cheesy
...and with the completion of the circle of days, expect to see a strong rally to the north pole. ...thats where the effect of the REVELATION on UACN comes into play.

Could say more but in simple terms, good things abound here in the short to mid term.

Note however that this is not a recommendation. ...DD still always advised pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:17am On Mar 29, 2018
yom2:
pls anybody with d right maths? mrs 1 for 5 is equivalent to 5naira if the share price is 30naira
Coolcash1:

The new price will be N25.,,,This is the calculation;

Lets assume pre-bonus shares is 1,000
Lets assume pre-bonus share price is N30
Bonus issue is 1 for 5

Therefore, we calculate number of bonus shares to be issued;

1/5*1000= 200 units
Total number of shares will be= 1000+200=1,200

Lets now calculate post bonus share price (Psb);

Pre-bonus number of ordinary shares * pre-bonus share price = Post bonus number of issued shares * Post bonus share price

1000*N30= 1200*Psb
N30000=1200Psb
Divide both sides by 1200
Therefore Post bonus share price will be N30000/1200= N25/share.

So, the share price will be adjusted downwards by N5.

Good one Sir Coolcash !!

However a more simple way to determine the mark down price after a bonus issue would be to use a formula that relates only the stock price and the bonus ratio.
For simplicity, once u know the price of a stock on mark down date and the bonus ratio given, u can use the formula;
Mark down price = Pbb(Br/Br+1)
...where Pbb is the stock price before bonus issuance.
and Br is the bonus ratio given.

To prove this, let's make the following assumptions;
Adjusted/mark down price = Mp,
Price before bonus = Pbb,
Price after bonus = Pab,
Total shares before bonus = TSbb,
Total shares after bonus = TSab,
and Bonus ratio = Br.

Instinctively, Mp = Pbb - Pab ...lets call that equation 1
But to create an equal balance before and after bonus, then
Pab x TSab = Pbb x TSbb
therefore Pab = Pbb x TSbb/TSab ...equa 2
subtituting the value of Pab from equation 2 into equation 1 we'll have; Mp = Pbb - (Pbb x TSbb/TSab)
Which simplifies further to Mp = Pbb(1-TSbb/TSab) ...equa 3.
But TSab = (Br x TSbb) + TSbb
Which breaks down to Br = TSab/TSbb - 1
therefore TSab/TSbb = Br+1
now taking the inverse of both sides, we'll have;
1/TSab/TSbb = 1/(Br+1)
which reverses as TSbb/TSab = 1/(Br+1) ...equa 4 (rule of inverse reciprocation)
now subtituting the value of TSbb/TSab from equation 4 into equation 3 we'll have; Mp = Pbb[1-1/(Br+1)]
Which simplifies to Mp = Pbb(Br/Br+1).
Hence Mark down price for any given bonus issuance = Pbb(Br/Br+1).
...where Pbb is the stock price before bonus issuance.
and Br is the bonus ratio given.

Using the example u cited above;
Pbb = N30, Br = 1/5,
hence Mp = Mark down price = 30[1/5÷(1/5+1)]
= 30(1/5÷6/5) = 30(1/5×5/6) = 30×1/6 = 5
Hence Mark down price is N5.

Hope this formula should make it a lot easier for anyone going forward.

Regards !!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 29, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Who told you?
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GTay(m): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2018
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21431_FORTE_OIL_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2018.pdf

Interesting report. A case where 'The Group' bails out 'The Company' cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:07am On Mar 29, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Find another opportunity and key in before the news.
Ben Graham has taught us that you can't beat the big monies when the news is out. So as a value investor, get the news ahead of them, buy into it and wait.#stalking

Well said Oga Oracle. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:14am On Mar 29, 2018
Dwizeone:

Ghost ke, you should comment more often, you have succeeded in bringing an important discuss to the fore and thought provoking revelations were made. At least whoever wants to invest in Japaul for whatever reason knows how best to play the game.

My dear, dont you see that its my ogas that replied my mentions albeit with 'angry' tone? I no fit na, na wetin make I wan run be that. cheesy
I never ready to be penciled inside their black book cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 29, 2018
GTay:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21431_FORTE_OIL_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2018.pdf

Interesting report. A case where 'The Group' bails out 'The Company' cool

Some things don't add up in the report. Is this FORTE OIL or FORTE POWER?

Let's look at the breakdown of the revenue and cost of sales .

For Power generation:
Revenue=N 36.613b
Cost of sales= N23.648b

Then gross profit= N12.965b

For Fuel, chemical, lube and grease(core business):
Revenue=N92.83b
Cost of sales= N81.679b

Then gross profit= N11.151b

From the P & L account,

Non- controlling interest =N8.458b (after tax deduction ooo)

And on notes 21, non- controlling interest means that for Geregu power plant, Bureau of Public Enterprise has 49% stake. For Amperion Power Distribution, BSG Resources Limited has 38% stake and Shanghai Municipal Electricity Power Company has 5% stake.

So in both cases Forte oil should have more than 50% stake in the operation of the power plant and the distribution company.

Now if the non-controlling interest is 8.458b after tax, this is 65% of the gross profit from power generation. Where is Forte oil's stake in the power generation?

If the bulk of the PAT goes to non-controlling interest, this shows that much of the profit is from power generation. How about the fuel, chemical,lube and grease?

Do we still need to call this company Oil? It should be POWER!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 8:26am On Mar 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 8:27am On Mar 29, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:36am On Mar 29, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Let him[b] first pay me the dividends he has been owing me since 2012 or so. I never try.[/b]
I'm not just a pessimist for no reason. I had a scalp surgery and hair transplant. He needs to pay.
I no trust these dudes. .
shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:41am On Mar 29, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Some things don't add up in the report. Is this FORTE OIL or FORTE POWER?

Let's look at the breakdown of the revenue and cost of sales .

For Power generation:
Revenue=N 36.613b
Cost of sales= N23.648b

Then gross profit= N12.965b

For Fuel, chemical, lube and grease(core business):
Revenue=N92.83b
Cost of sales= N81.679b

Then gross profit= N11.151b

From the P & L account,

Non- controlling interest =N8.458b (after tax deduction ooo)

And on notes 21, non- controlling interest means that for Geregu power plant, Bureau of Public Enterprise has 49% stake. For Amperion Power Distribution, BSG Resources Limited has 38% stake and Shanghai Municipal Electricity Power Company has 5% stake.

So in both cases Forte oil should have more than 50% stake in the operation of the power plant and the distribution company.

Now if the non-controlling interest is 8.458b after tax, this is 65% of the gross profit from power generation. Where is Forte oil's stake in the power generation?

If the bulk of the PAT goes to non-controlling interest, this shows that much of the profit is from power generation. How about the fuel, chemical,lube and grease?

Do we still need to call this company Oil? It should be POWER!!!

Current price, fx user, Pa elewumi, manni,Agba,wannajo et al abeg make una comment o! I am heavily pregnant here o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dapix, Locotrader(m), Blackman101, 222Martins(m), megawealth01, kalkah, TsarZed, Boshins, BullBearMkt(m), beejay1(m) and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.