Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10885602 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) (3402) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jejebaba:

Oga Mendes, when u dey enter market or u are in market already?

Abeg comot the Oga.

Afraid still hold me oooo. Stocks are yet to drop to my comfort zones (that doesn't mean that bulls won't return) neither has the index touched support (38k range).

If only FCMB has dropped to same level as Diamond, would have jumped in knowing that "they" will always adjust their Q1 result to be "tantalizing".

The week is still young though. Pa Buhari might blow one error before leaving the country!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
I
IHelp:

Again not totally correct. Sometimes you get better rate from the secondary market (considering tenor and some other factors)

You can get cleared going through the Tbill thread
You are correct. Your head dey there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
mendes911:

Abeg comot the Oga.

Afraid still hold me oooo. Stocks are yet to drop to my comfort zones (that doesn't mean that bulls won't return) neither has the index touched support (38k range).

If only FCMB has dropped to same level as Diamond, would have jumped in knowing that "they" will always adjust their Q1 result to be "tantalizing".

The week is still young though. Pa Buhari might blow one error before leaving the country!.

Financial engineering..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Financial engineering..... grin

Yes Sir.

When it comes to financial re-engineering (except for FY result) and MM participation, I doubt any company on NSE beats FCMB to that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
Ii You are very wrong sir, it is obvious you don't have a First Bank account and you have never bought Treasury Bills through them.

Before making assumptions, whether I have a First Bank account or not.

Why don't you verify from First bank if N100k can get you TB from primary market (directly from CBN).

The minimum amount that can be bought in the primary market is N50m

That circuler was sent to Banks, financial institution last year.

Don't have time for this back and forth.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Why don't you verify from First bank if N100k can get you TB from primary market (directly from CBN).

Obviously you are wrong. If your bank is deceiving you make a proper enquiry.

This is not TA , we are telling you of what we know. Pa is 100% correct, while you

arguing on information you need to work on. I am talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Why are you arguing blindly. I have recent proof of investment letters .

The code for secondary market Treasury Bills starts with SS, while that of primary market starts with PS.

From time immemorial FBN does not allow customers to quote their bids, they bid on behalf of customers and FBN bids fly 99% of the time and it usually among the highest.

Why not walk into a fi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

The code for secondary market Treasury Bills starts with SS, while that of primary market starts with PS.

From time immemorial FBN does not allow customers to quote their bids, they bid on behalf of customers and FBN bids fly 99% of the time and it usually among the highest.

Why not walk into a first Bank branch and make enquiries.

You need N50 million if you want to bid yourself, which FBN doesn't allow.

Another fallacy of yours was that the rate given to N1 million will be lower than that of N100 million, this is not correct.

Your tenor determines your rate and NOT the volume invested, 100k and N100 million via the primary market will earn the same rate.

For now the rate for 91 days in the primary market is lower than 91 day bought through Secondary market. Feelamong can explain why.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Why not walk into a first Bank branch and make enquiries.

You need N50 million if you want to bid yourself, which FBN doesn't allow.

Another fallacy of yours was that the rate given to N1 million will be lower than that of N100 million, this is not correct.

Your tenor determines your rate and NOT the volume invested, 100k and N100 million via the primary market will earn the same rate.
Na science student grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
DonDraper:

Sir Emma, Wanaj0, Rabbi, Agba, I would appreciate your answers on the below question:

Good evening investors, thank you so much for the wealth of knowledge deposited in this thread. I've been looking at these small cap companies and based on my research they have potentials. The pay dividends and they seem to be growing. I would like to get your thoughts on them as per investments? Your swift response shall be most appreciated. Thanks.

- Cap
- cutix
- ucap
- Learnafrica
- custodia
- afriprud
- continsure

Having previously analysed the coys u mentioned, I'll try to be as concise as possible.
On a scale of preference, I'd key into them in the following order of importance;
1) CUSTODIAN
2) CUTIX
3) AFPRUD & UCAP
4) CONTINENTAL REINSURANCE.
5) LEARN AFRICA
6) CAP

This is after a total consideration of their latest result.
...though CUTIX is yet to release their YE result, but given that their Q3 2017 performance is already slightly ahead of their YE 2016, the coy is well placed to deliver a far better than expected earnings in 2017. (...this is even if u decide to discount any input from Q4)
On CUSTODIAN, I have no further comment. ...their fantastic YE result clearly speaks for itself.

In all, I particularly like the 1st 3 but 'if they were women, I'll prefer to marry the 1st 2 and make the 3rd fellows my concubine'.
But then again, the 4th has also been doing things well especially in the last 8 quarters. However, I would only seek to adopt him should he come down a bit in price. ...preferably at a 20-25% discount from todays closing price of N1.86

That said, remember that ur entry price is often times even more important than the coys themselves. ...like I always tell folks, ur intended profit begins with a good entry price.
U probably haven't done enough in buying a good stock until u buy them at a good enough price.

However, except for the 6th, the others are all currently trading at a discount from their fair values, albeit at different margins of safety. ...so its still ok to buy now especially if ur mindset is of the midterm.
But to play safe, I'll suggest u buy in trenches.

Disclosure: Onegentleguy only holds 2 out of the 6 aforementioned coys in his portfolio. ...though I must admit I also have 2 more of them on my radar.
Disclaimer: This revert is mainly advise driven and not any sort of recommendation.
DD still advised as always pls.

Good luck to u my dear !!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Why not walk into a fi

Don't quote me again on this issue.

I have made my point and moved on.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDraper: 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
onegentleguy:

Having previously analysed the coys u mentioned, I'll try to be as concise as possible.
On a scale of preference, I'd key into them in the following order of importance;
1) CUSTODIAN
2) CUTIX
3) AFPRUD & UCAP
5) LEARN AFRICA
6) CAP

...though CUTIX is yet to release their YE result, but given that their Q3 2017 performance is already slightly ahead of their YE 2016, the coy is well placed to deliver a far better than expected earnings in 2017. (...this is even if u decide to discount any input from Q4)
On CUSTODIAN, I have no further comment. ...their fantastic YE result clearly speaks for itself.

In all, I particularly like the 1st 3 but 'if they were women, I'll prefer to marry the 1st 2 and make the 3rd fellows my concubine'.
But then again, the 4th has also been doing things well especially in the last 8 quarters. However, I would only seek to adopt him should he come down a bit in price. ...preferably at a 20-25% discount from todays closing price of N1.86

That said, remember that ur entry price is often times even more important than the coys themselves. ...like I always tell folks, ur intended profit begins with a good entry price.
U probably haven't done enough in buying a good stock until u buy them at a good enough price.

However, except for the 6th, the others are all currently trading at a discount from their fair values, albeit at different margins of safety. ...so its still ok to buy if ur mindset is of the midterm.

Disclosure: Onegentleguy is only currently invested in 2 out of the 6 aforementioned coys. ...though I must admit I also have 2 more of them on my radar.
Disclaimer: This revert is mainly advise driven and not any sort of recommendation.

Thank you so much for your response. Now I have clarity on an approach to investing in these companies. Expect my feedback when it's harvest time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

You cannot just move on like that o
You have to tell us your brand

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
DonDraper:

Thank you so much for your response. Now I have clarity on an approach to investing in these companies. Expect my feedback when it's harvest time.

Profit or loss harvest?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

You cannot just move on like that o
You have to tell us your brand

Trophy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Profit or loss harvest?

U are a real trouble maker Sir Agba.
...soon Pa Emma will bestow u with a fitting TITLE. wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Pa Emma is 100% correct.....i have practical experience.....try and do NTB with FBN....then you will understand.......CHEERS!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
ukay2:

Pa Emma is 100% correct.....i have practical experience.....try and do NTB with FBN....then you will understand.......CHEERS!!!!!
Bros are you a science student? Dem say make you no quote am again grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDraper: 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Profit or loss harvest?

grin cheesy Sir, with guidance from onegentleguy and your likes, it will surely be a bountiful harvest of profits. Don't you think so?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:54am On Apr 10, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:14am On Apr 10, 2018
onegentleguy:

1) CUSTODIAN
2) CUTIX
3) AFPRUD & UCAP
5) LEARN AFRICA
6) CAP

However, except for the 6th, the others are all currently trading at a discount from their fair values, albeit at different margins of safety. ...so its still ok to buy now especially if ur mindset is of the midterm.

Disclosure: Onegentleguy only holds 2 out of the 6 aforementioned coys in his portfolio. ...though I must admit I also have 2 more of them on my radar.

Sir based on your analysis cutix last YE was 29k but 3rd quarter was 30k. Should we be expecting such this year or what lẹd to drop in earnings.
I will also be glad if anyone can help with site dividend and bonuses declared for the past 5-8 years can be viewed.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 7:30am On Apr 10, 2018
phemmie06:

Sir based on your analysis cutix last YE was 29k but 3rd quarter was 30k. Should we be expecting such this year or what lẹd to drop in earnings.
I will also be glad if anyone can help with site dividend and bonuses declared for the past 5-8 years can be viewed.
Thanks

It use to be accurate on www.cashcraft.com back then but now the dates have been scattered.. But the you can still check it you will get something meaningful there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 10, 2018
currentprice:
oracle come out, when are enter mkt

me na this week o

grin

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 10, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Profit or loss harvest?

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2018
freeman67:

It use to be accurate on www.cashcraft.com back then but now the dates have been scattered.. But the you can still check it you will get something meaningful there.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:09am On Apr 10, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2018
MSCI MOVEMENT 9 APRIL 2018/MARKET COMMENT

Surprise, the fund bought shares yesterday across the board. Let us see if this will continue during the week.

Caution: This information is for educational purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. You may need to verify the data from other independent sources if in doubt.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 8:31am On Apr 10, 2018
Wondering why DF is on the decline whereas the sisters DS and SALT are remaining defensive. DF compared to the other two looks much better. This GAME looks nasty

#WAYO grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:37am On Apr 10, 2018
yok:
MSCI MOVEMENT 9 APRIL 2018/MARKET COMMENT

Surprise, the fund bought shares yesterday across the board. Let us see if this will continue during the week.

Caution: This information is for educational purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. You may need to verify the data from other independent sources if in doubt.
Hmmm. Now wey my money don finish kpata kpata.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 8:48am On Apr 10, 2018
safepaulooo:
Wondering why DF is on the decline whereas the sisters DS and SALT are remaining defensive. DF compared to the other two looks much better. This GAME looks nasty

#WAYO grin
DF is a stock just recuperating from a loss position left by the Tiger Brand, therefore, it still needs some good Q1 result to assure investors that it has stabilized its position due to the turnaround by Alhaji midas touch. DS and Salt are up there already, consolidating and trying to improve on their earnings. So, market is right with its pricing.

DF looks good for anyone that still want to enter at current price or lower.

Disclosure: Yours truly bought some at 13.20 yesterday to add to the one already in the portfolio.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) (3402) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emumakpo, toutlemonde, debostar(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.