Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,902 members, 7,841,387 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10994157 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) ... (7788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
Thanks for this.confusion on the nse!
You welcome boss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
Jejebaba:

Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc Closure of Register : The Ex-div price of DANGSUGAR was not
reflected on the trading terminal on Monday, 16 April 2018. However, we took steps to ensure that
the transaction value of all trades executed on the security on the said date was settled with each
trade price adjusted for the N1.25K dividend declared by the Company.
The stock closed at the
previous day's price because there were relevant market trades. Thus, the market capitalization and
the indices were unaffected by the incident.
Source: NSE Website
DOLLARTEX:
Thanks for this.confusion on the nse!

Thanks for this my dear !!
I remember stating it here that the stock couldn't have been marked down on Monday the 16th of April.

The part in bold will only affect an investor who sold on the 16th. ...going by the DPR (dividend payout rule).
By inference;
Assuming an Investor sold 10,000 unit of Dangote Sugar on the 16th @ N22, then transaction value would've naturally amounted to N220,000.
But given this NSE disclosure, then any selling price on the said date should've been adjusted for the N1.25k dividend payout.
hence using the example above, selling price would now be N(22-1.25)= N20.75
Therefore transaction value would be N20.75 x 10,000= N207,500.
...and so the investor will get N207,500 as due proceed from sale, and NOT N220,000 even though he had sold @ N22.
The deduction simply means that the seller will be eligible for the dividend payout since qualification date was on Friday the 13th of April. ...the buyer however, will not be eligible.
Note that this is only with reference to transactions for Monday the 16th of April.

But we still need to confirm from anyone who sold on Monday to see if this NSE notice was indeed effected.

This is another clear case of the many quixotic things we experience as investors.
Nothing surprises me in this market anymore.
The most important thing is for one to try and always be ahead of the curve in learning 'the many dance steps within the NSE room'.
...for 'the dance steps' are, and will always be many. wink cheesy
it's a strange room !! ...but still unique in a lot of ways. wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
OakPearl:

SP on a run.
Amazingly defying logic esp without FY 2017 or Q1 2018 results.

- Price precedes news mostly

#BuyTheRumour

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
onegentleguy:

Thanks for this my dear !!
I remember stating it here that the stock couldn't have been marked down on Monday the 16th of April.

The part in bold will only affect an investor who sold on the 16th. ...going by the DPR (dividend payout rule).
By inference;
Assuming an Investor sold 10,000 unit of Dangote Sugar on the 16th @ N22, then transaction value would've naturally amounted to N220,000.
But given this NSE disclosure, then any selling price on the said date should've been adjusted for the N1.25k dividend payout.
hence using the example above, selling price would now be N(22-1.25)= N20.75
Therefore transaction value would be N20.75 x 10,000= N207,500.

However, we need to confirm from anyone who sold on Monday to see if this was indeed effected.

This is another clear case of the many quixotic things we see as investors.
Nothing surprises me in this market anymore.
The most important thing is for one to try and always be ahead of the curve in learning 'the many dance steps within the NSE room'.
...for 'the dance steps' are, and will always be many. wink cheesy
it's a strange room !!

na real quixotic

#newWord

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
fxuser:

na real quixotic

#newWord

Yep my dear !!
...In this context, highly impractical and unpredictable. wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
Happy weekend bros and sis. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mpeace:
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Stock%20%20Analyst%20Updates/SEPLAT-Reports-Q4-2017-Results-Records-Strong-Recovery-in-Profitability/38668
''In 2017, average production costs came in at US$6.0 per barrel compared with US$8.8/b in 2016. However, Seplat posted a PAT of US$271m, primarily driven by a tax credit of US$224m''
This result looks like lafarge 2016 result that saw tax credit making the result look like it was an excellent one until 2017 result exposed them. The result is to me, unsustainable.

It was granted a pioneer status when it was setup.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
onegentleguy:

Yep my dear !!
...In this context, highly impractical and unpredictable. wink cheesy
Thank you so much boss,those who got ds in jan for instance,they held through to april 20 before selling,are they still entitled for dividend?considering d fact that the ex div was on 16,and they sold on 20 @22naira?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Hmmm...

Wonderful.

Hey you.. where you go hide ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
jamace:

Thanks.. Happy weekend to you too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
jamace:
Oga Jamace I hail ó quite an age and hope you're not part of the .... theft in red chamber grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
TLAX:

1. Interest income under pressure. A decline. Development in govt securities taking a toll. They must have to lend. They have capacity to reprice loans up but CBN is signalling preference for drop.
2. Interest expense under pressure. Deposits repriced to keep customers happy. Unusual position for them but only way to go.
3. EPS increased 7%. Not bad in this market especially in view of what to follow in next months.
4. Relative strength of share price over Zenith has remained at 1.6 over past few months but expected to decline soon as major foreign seller in Zenith completes sale of lot that has been ongoing for about 5 weeks and supply dries up a bit.

In all not bad in view of overall economic and market conditions. Watch behaviour of its share price for what will trend in the industry over next 2 quarters or so.

Bad result
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
Yayira:

Hey you.. where you go hide ?

I dey Marmaris
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
RealityShot:
Some facts ;

dangcem:
PAT 2017 - 204 BILLION
Outstanding shares - 17 billion

nestle :
PAT 2017 - 33 BILLION
Outstanding shares - 750 million

SEPLAT !
PAT 2017 - 81 BILLION
Outstanding shares - 588 million

seplat has more potential price movement and better dividend than the others.. And possibility of bonus in the near future.

in the short term, oando money is tired of cueing at hope and is looking for sure platforms to land.

please conduct proper due dilligence.
happy investing/trading(G) grin

Can you share a link to the performance by Seplat.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
phemmie06:

Oga Jamace I hail ó quite an age and hope you're not part of the .... theft in red chamber grin grin grin
No o. I hate the parliament of baboons. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
My stock pick for next week

Seplat- based on oil price rally, expansion of gas plant capacity, return to profitability, higher ROE and operating efficiency
Oando- based on oil price rally and market sentiment... grin
HF- strong fundamentals, trading below its intrinsic value, profitability recovery and gradual growth in earnings
Transcorp- government favourable policy on power, increase in earnings generation driven by its power business line, low PE ratio and PEG
Diamond- possibility of div payment based on sale of subsidiary, low NPLs among tier 2 banks, market repositioning, etc

DD strongly advised.... grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
Coolcash1:

Seplat- based on oil price rally, expansion of gas plant capacity, return to profitability, higher ROE and operating efficiency
HF- strong fundamentals, trading below its intrinsic value, profitability recovery and gradual growth in earnings
Transcorp- government favourable policy on power, increase in earnings generation driven by its power business line, low PE ratio and PEG
Diamond- possibility of div payment based on sale of subsidiary, low NPLs among tier 2 banks, market repositioning, etc

If you add fcmb(based on excellent q1 2018) you would have named the four stocks in my portfolio(I don't have seplat) But I doubt if diamond will pay any kobo as dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mpeace:
If you add fcmb(based on excellent q1 2018) you would have named the four stocks in my portfolio(I don't have seplat) But I doubt if diamond will pay any kobo as dividend.

Being a stingy bank right?..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
Jejebaba:

Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc Closure of Register : The Ex-div price of DANGSUGAR was not
reflected on the trading terminal on Monday, 16 April 2018. However, we took steps to ensure that
the transaction value of all trades executed on the security on the said date was settled with each
trade price adjusted for the N1.25K dividend declared by the Company. The stock closed at the
previous day's price because there were relevant market trades. Thus, the market capitalization and
the indices were unaffected by the incident.
Source: NSE Website

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
Coolcash1:

In the medium term with regards to the bolded ,my only concern is the pre and post election period.. I hope the owners of the creek wouldn't rear their heads again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
Trump is angry about the increase in oil price and plans are on to crash it so as to benefit non opec countries.
So be watchfull and prepare to sell ur stock at a better price

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
The profit of Seplat was boosted by TAX CREDIT
Coolcash1:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
That stambic result na bomb, N75 stock if they can maintain such tempo till Q4

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
We are still discussing this Japaul Coy again. Japaul's vessels are all on lease. The vessels are not owned by them.
Mpeace:
Go through Japaul financial statement and see that the said loan is not due for payment before you start saying bad loan.
Japaul used their vessels as security for the loan and the loan itself is categorised under loan due for payment within 1-5years but not within 1year.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
currentprice:
That stambic result na bomb, N75 stock if they can maintain such tempo till Q4

grin

Really tempting me to come in for the dividend hunt in June grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
Thank you so much boss,those who got ds in jan for instance,they held through to april 20 before selling,are they still entitled for dividend?considering d fact that the ex div was on 16,and they sold on 20 @22naira?

Yes u are eligible for the dividend payout my dear !!
As long u sold anyday after the qualification date of Friday the 13th of April.
...or bought on or before the 13th of April.

Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Really tempting me to come in for the dividend hunt in June grin

Stanbic don't pay juicy dividend.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
CI Leasing PLC:
Conversion of Abraaj $10m note is currently being discussed with the note holder. Outcome will be make public when it is finalized.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

YOU ARE VERY MUCH ON POINT BRO!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
rebekah2011:
We are still discussing this Japaul Coy again. Japaul's vessels are all on lease. The vessels are not owned by them.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201307081277.html They own vessels. Part of their business is leasing out those vessels of theirs to their clients.
Japaul has 9 vessels. That diamond loan was used to purchase their last 6vessels.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Who wan collect dividend before

(1) (2) (3) ... (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) ... (7788) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: narite and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.