Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,346 members, 7,857,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11055701 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) ... (7812) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
JBERGER has a lot of potential,my eyes are on it.LIQUIDITY!
sinçe the original jb divested I don't think that stock holds much attraction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
yom2:

seconded. original jb saw one solid reason before they divested
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
yom2:
yes they divested,but i still strength base on the recent results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 4:57pm On Apr 29, 2018
shigidi:

And there is the growth answer smiley

You are a wicked somebody tongue

We were assured that DF will continue to grow revenue and profit at the rate it did in 2017.

Based on Q1, revenue dropped. Profit dropped.

Let's keep watching.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
wanaj0:

We were assured that DF will continue to grow revenue and profit at the rate it did in 2017.

Let's keep watching.

We are waiting for mr time to put things in the right perspective.

DS revenue also dropped, by q2 profit will most likely drop too. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
pluto09:

We are waiting for mr time to put things in the right perspective.

DS revenue also dropped, by q2 profit will most likely drop too. tongue

Mr Time is indeed an erratic fellow.... grin
Cautious optimism is indeed the bedrock of capital preservation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
wanaj0:

Let's keep watching.

I do sincerely value your reservations amidst the concoctions of adrenalin sprays whenever Mr Market loses its eternally weak moorings.
Patience and discipline are some of the values that if one, through any combination of human weaknesses, auctions to Mr Market (otherwise referred to as Mr. Time), leaves him slaving endlessly for brokers..... grin
To abandon reason for hype is a virus in our market minds.
Time is somehow limitless, but our profit targets unfortunately must be made within reasonable time boundaries since we live on borrowed time.
We must feed from our sweat while our teeth are still strong to grind bones and take out bone marrow... grin
Why feed on hope while others feed on your shifting futuristic optimism ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

I do sincerely value your reservations amidst the concoctions of adrenalin sprays whenever Mr Market loses its eternally weak morrings.
Patience and discipline are some of the values that if one, through any combination of human weaknesses, auctions to Mr Market (otherwise referred to as Mr. Time), leaves him slaving endlessly for brokers..... grin
Time is somehow limitless, but our profit targets unfortunately must be made within reasonable time boundaries since we live on borrowed time.
We must feed from our sweat while our teeth are still strong to grind bones and take out bone marrow... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 7:02pm On Apr 29, 2018
shigidi:

You got it bro. Not even sure he meant for us to understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
2018 may be like 2014. Let the result come.

#Fidelity.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

I do sincerely value your reservations amidst the concoctions of adrenalin sprays whenever Mr Market loses its eternally weak morrings.

Do not be over emotional, Be patient within reasonable time, market could be erratic. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
wanaj0:

Let's keep watching.

You gat to know when to hold on.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Rick9(m): 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2018
I don't understand a thing or two about stock exchange, I wished someone would be kind enough to explain some things to me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
wanaj0:

Let's keep watching.

Going by 2018 Eternal has better result than Dangote flour.

Dangote flour
2018 q1 EPS = 31.65 while in 2017 q1 EPS= 52.47 ( drop of 20.82) 20kobo dividend in 2017 final

ETERNA
2018 q1 EPS = 39 while in 2017 q1 EPS = 52 ( drop of 13) 40 kobo dividend in 2017 final

Most stock gain in recession, and looses when out of recession, what is the cause.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2018
Wetin this bullbearmarket go cause ehn cheesy......... see as our bros ichimokupilot turned overnight poet. grin
Who go come interprete this for somebody like me now grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 12:16am On Apr 30, 2018
wanaj0:

Let's keep watching.

Did you bother to read the result completely or you just jumped into conclusion based on revenue and profit?

Nobody assured you anything. Just go and read the result slowly and comprehensively.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:23am On Apr 30, 2018
GANDALF1:

Did you bother to read the result completely or you just jumped into conclusion based on revenue and profit?

Nobody assured you anything. Just go and read the result slowly and comprehensively.

Ok sir. Hopefully that will make the revenue and profit figures to increase year on year.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 12:46am On Apr 30, 2018
Rick9:
I don't understand a thing or two about stock exchange, I wished someone would be kind enough to explain some things to me

You may make more money mastering ur dj skills than entering stock market.

With the dj thingy I dont think anyone will take u seriously.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:58am On Apr 30, 2018
wanaj0:

Let's keep watching.

Yes I must admit u were right about the talk on sustainability Sir.
...looking thru their YE 2017 result again, I now understand why.

However, I'll urge u to pls go thru the entirety of this Q1 2018 result, particularly the statement of Cash Flow and the Notes.
...on their CF, take a good look at the proceeds from investing & that from financing activities. ...as well as the cash position for the period under review.
On the Note to shareholders, refer to note 4 on cost of sales, note 6 distribution & admin expense, note 11 property and plant equipment, note 13 investment in subsidiaries. ...Infact everything in the NOTE.

This result is still all-touching and by far, an above average performance from DF.
...and quite frankly, even if I have to discount what I know, DF is still currently trading at a juicy discount from Fair Price.
My Verdict: based on this Q1 result, DF still screams a BUY from my end.

...and given the few privileged info we know (the REVELATION), I still maintain my initial stand that the future is here.
For with DF and DS, we are still very much with Mr TIME. wink cheesy

Disclosure: both DF and DS constitute a part of my investment portfolio.
Note however that this should not be seen as an investment advise. ...DD still advised as always pls.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 2:06am On Apr 30, 2018
Teeonly:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/22050_DANGOTE_FLOUR_MILLS_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2018.pdf

A very sound result in my opinion and proves that the stock is undervalued at its current price of N14. my fair value of the stock remains N21/share and it will not surprise me to see it trading at in the range of N17 before weekend. It might even go on full bid tomorrow.

Highlights compared to Q1 2017

1. A drop in revenue of Approx N2.8billion
2. A drop in cost of sales of approx N500m
3. A drop in PAT of N1billion
4. A drop in EPS of 20.82k
5. An increase in Property, Plant and Equipment (Asset) of N6.6Billion (meaning they spent most of the income they would have declared to please you in buying machines that will boost the company's future earnings.
6. A drastic reduction in borrowings (between Jan 1 and Mar 31) by N18.8Billion
7. A increase in retain earnings to N3.703Billion from almost -10billion as at March last year

Check the attached pics for more information

from pic 3, Dangote has finally sold Dangote Pasta Limited. We will see the announcement soon

cc: wanaj0

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:17am On Apr 30, 2018
GANDALF1:

A very sound result in my opinion and proves that the stock is undervalued at its current price of N14. my fair value of the stock remains N21/share and it will not surprise me to see it trading at in the range of N17 before weekend. It might even go on full bid tomorrow.

Highlights compared to Q1 2017

1. A drop in revenue of Approx N2.8billion
2. A drop in cost of sales of approx N500m
3. A drop in PAT of N1billion
4. A drop in EPS of 20.82k
5. An increase in Property, Plant and Equipment (Asset) of N6.6Billion (meaning they spent most of the income they would have declared to please you in buying machines that will boost the company's future earnings.
6. A drastic reduction in borrowings (between Jan 1 and Mar 31) by N18.8Billion
7. A increase in retain earnings to N3.703Billion from almost -10billion as at March last year

Check the attached pics for more information

from pic 3, Dangote has finally sold Dangote Pasta Limited. We will see the announcement soon

cc: wanaj0

Gbam !!
...U my dear must be a very sharp fellow.
especially for noticing the parts in bold !!
That was why I asked Sir Wanajo to run thru the entirety of the Statement of Cash Flow and the NOTES to shareholders.
On 5 and 6, imagine after reducing facility borrowing by a whooping approx 18Billion and spending over 6Billion in investing activities, they still maintained a very healthy cash position and an above average increment in retained earnings.
...honestly, I do not know how else one can possibly describe a very competent management if not this way.

On the last part of ur statement in bold, u are also very correct. ...for the 'REVELATIONS' will all come to pass. wink cheesy
Soon, doubters will indeed be made to BELIEVE in the ability of Mr TIME.
...it's only a matter of time.
On DF and DS, we remain unshakable !! wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:07am On Apr 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 3:35am On Apr 30, 2018
onegentleguy:

Gbam !!
...U my dear must be a very sharp fellow.
especially for noticing the parts in bold !!
That was why I asked Sir Wanajo to run thru the entirety of the Statement of Cash Flow and the NOTES to shareholders.
On 5 and 6, imagine after reducing facility borrowing by a whooping approx 18Billion and spending over 6Billion in investing activities, they still maintained a very healthy cash position and an above average increment in retained earnings.
...honestly, I do not know how else one can possibly describe a very competent management if not this way.

On the last part of ur statement in bold, u are also very correct. ...for the 'REVELATIONS' will all come to pass. wink cheesy
Soon, doubters will indeed be made to BELIEVE in the ability of Mr TIME.
...it's only a matter of time.
On DF and DS, we remain unshakable !! wink cheesy

The debate was never whether or not Dangote flour is well managed. Of that there is no question. The debate was whether that GROWTH RATE WAS SUSTAINABLE.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:59am On Apr 30, 2018
shigidi:

The debate was never whether or not Dangote flour is well managed. Of that there is no question. The debate was whether that GROWTH RATE WAS SUSTAINABLE.

In the investment world,Competence as a measure of Performance is a much better guage to growth.
A good growth rate begins and holds sway with the foundation of a good performance if surrounded by competence. ...for thats what makes for a great efficiency and a valuable ROI.
...It does not necessarily have to be sustainable.

Ask urself; How many coys make for a sustainable growth especially in the 'NSE room' ?
but that's all in the past now. ...I already agreed to the point raised then while putting out my view ealier.
For us the most important thing is to reap gains while residing in the 'NSE room'.
...and with DF and DS, I see nothing but juicy gains/ROI and even more return. wink cheesy
Enough said.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 30, 2018
ARE we sure we dont have politicians here!look at the good side of the bad news!i hope mr market will understand sha!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 7:13am On Apr 30, 2018
MSCI/ General Comment - Week Ended 27 April 2018

The fund continues to exit a number of stocks just like what happen on Thursday. Some equities that seems of be at the hottest selling zone were Dangote Sugar, FCMB, Diamond, Nestle and Transcorp.

Again this is a pointer that we have to look for value stock as the bull for the new week has already being knocked off the table and as usual with Mondays, I expect the 1st trading day to close lower on the all share index. For this reason, if I have any money to invest Monday is no buying day, the possible of getting the equity cheaper on Tuesday onward is better

For this week my momentum selection is Fidelity Bank,, Dangote Sugar and Wapic.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 7:33am On Apr 30, 2018
swilo:
2018 may be like 2014. Let the result come.

#Fidelity.

Bro wat happen in 2014? Good or bad?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:38am On Apr 30, 2018
onegentleguy:

In the investment world, Competency as a measure of Performance is a much better guage to growth.
A good growth rate begins and holds sway with the foundation of a good performance if surrounded by competence. ...for thats what makes for a great efficiency and a valuable ROI.
...It does not necessarily have to be sustainable.

Ask urself; How many coys make for a sustainable growth especially in the 'NSE room' ?
but that's all in the past now. ...I already agreed to the point raised then while putting out my view ealier.
For us the most important thing is to reap gains while residing in the 'NSE room'.
...and with DF and DS, I see nothing but juicy gains/ROI and even more return. wink cheesy
Enough said.

Cheers.

Mr Time stop fighting for Baal, Let Baal fight for himself angry

If in doubt ask Mr. buy buy buy, Myjoy aka Godisfaithful, Soloniger etc.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:06am On Apr 30, 2018
Any bank which fails to publish its annual account 12 months after the financial year end will have its chief executive sacked, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has directed.

“It will also include suspension of the foreign exchange dealership licence of the bank and its name sent to the Nigerian Stock Exchange (in the case of a public quoted company) and removal of the Chairman and Managing Director/CEO from office if the accounts remain unpublished for 12 months after the end of the bank’s financial year,” the report said.

The CBN said it will continue to enforce the stipulated penalties for noncompliance with regulatory guidelines, as well as the provisions of the CBN Act 2007 and the BOFI Act 1991 (as amended), in the 2018/2019 fiscal years. “Any financial institution that fails to comply with extant guidelines and other directives that may be issued by the CBN will be sanctioned accordingly,” the CBN said.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/04/30/cbn-threatens-bank-ceos-with-sack-over-delayed-accounts/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 8:10am On Apr 30, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) ... (7812) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jats2k2002, Shalom428, unite4real, IPO2002, omowesites, Bovis(m), ExpertDealer, Krisuba, Mpeace(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.