Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,924 members, 7,863,254 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11079868 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3661) (3662) (3663) (3664) (3665) (3666) (3667) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2018
locodemy:

Good you observed.Next week dont use this pattern you are impacting in us now.
Those stocks you mentioned now are trying to respond to the bull calls but deep pocket guys are not yet through.

JUST OBSERVING LIKE YOU TOO.

Okay sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
THE possibility of yet another round of systemic failure in the banking industry, raised recently by the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation, calls for quick, concerted pre-emptive action. The revelation by Umaru Ibrahim, managing director of the NDIC, that weak corporate governance and internal controls were tipping the financial sector towards crisis conflated with a similar alarm raised by the International Monetary Fund anchored on weak regulation and adverse operating conditions. With the economy falling short of growth projections, urgent, extraordinary measures should be adopted today to prevent a catastrophe.

https://punchng.com/nigeria-cant-afford-another-bank-distress/

"One day cars will run on water"
BANK PHB comes to mind undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
PETERiCHY:
THE possibility of yet another round of systemic failure in the banking industry, raised recently by the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation, calls for quick, concerted pre-emptive action. The revelation by Umaru Ibrahim, managing director of the NDIC, that weak corporate governance and internal controls were tipping the financial sector towards crisis conflated with a similar alarm raised by the International Monetary Fund anchored on weak regulation and adverse operating conditions. With the economy falling short of growth projections, urgent, extraordinary measures should be adopted today to prevent a catastrophe.

https://punchng.com/nigeria-cant-afford-another-bank-distress/

"One day cars will run on water"
BANK PHB comes to mind undecided

may be this will bring zenith to sub #20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
maishai:

Little less if bear has its way grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
maishai:
It will be hovering around #25 Until interim dividend is paid. Sub #18 is sure before December.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
maishai:
It will be hovering around #25 Until interim dividend is paid. Sub #18 is sure before December.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
locodemy:

It will be hovering around #25 Until interim dividend is paid.
Sub #18 is sure before December.

Chai shocked

It actually behaved this way in 2014.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2018
Another week running out. Who is shifting the bull goal-post? We wait patiently.....we have seen the bear, the mini warm-up bull, next must be the main bull shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
safepaulooo:
Another week running out. Who is shifting the bull goal-post? We wait patiently.....we have seen the bear, the mini warm-up bull, next must be the main bull shocked

You will soon enjoy with this.Thanks for your endurance.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
This is Zenith's journey to 15.37 in 2014 pre-election year.

The big blow was dealt in the last quarter.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
locodemy:

You will soon enjoy with this.Thanks for your endurance.

grin Better Myan Ngwo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
musty00:

Honey Mustard grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
locodemy:

It will be hovering around #25 Until interim dividend is paid.
Sub #18 is sure before December.

This confirms that Sir Loco has sold his Zenith Bank shares. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
mendes911:

This confirms that Sir Loco has sold his Zenith Bank shares. grin
If i sell you will know.I never sell.I will even add more tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
safepaulooo:

grin Better Myan Ngwo
come add it isi efi.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
musty00:

Thanks.Did you also check the Q1,2 and 3 earnings to know why the price fell in a descending order?

Although 2018 Q2 will give us a clearer picture of what will happen later in the year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
locodemy:

Thanks.Did you also check the Q1,2 and 3 earnings to know why the price fell in a descending order?

Although 2018 Q2 will give us a clearer picture of what will happen later in the year.

This sell off was across board o, not only Zenith. I only pulled out Zenith because we were talking about Zenith. It was a massive sell off by FPI's, irrespective of quarterly performance. It was transfer of wealth.

I won't miss out of this bonanza this year (buy 1, get 2 free).

We (Nigerians) know that elections will come and go without any war and all those election hypes, but the FPI's won't take any chances, they will still sell. The sell off might not be as bad this year though, no one knows.

I plan to be in full cash before August, IF I'm able to exit my remaining stocks (Zenith inclusive).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2018
musty00:

This sell off was across board o, not only Zenith. I only pulled out Zenith because we were talking about Zenith. It was a massive sell off by FPI's, irrespective of quarterly performance. It was transfer of wealth.

We (Nigerians) know that elections will come and go without any war and all those election hypes, but the FPI's won't take any chances, they will still sell. The sell off might not be as bad this year though, no one knows.

I plan to be in full cash before August, IF I'm able to exit my remaining stocks (Zenith inclusive).

That 2014 sell off was mainly due to crude price crash

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Maybe pre-2011general elections (2010) should be the reference point.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 7:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Yeah you're right, Oil price was also crashing around that period, but election was also a major factor. I remember the crazy bull that followed when Buhari won and Jonathan conceded defeat.

Let's see how it goes this time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2018
musty00:

Yeah you're right, Oil price was also crashing around that period, but election was also a major factor. I remember the crazy bull that followed when Buhari won and Jonathan conceded defeat.

Let's see how it goes this time.

Sideways, if oil remains up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
Mpeace:
Maybe pre-2011general elections (2010) should be the reference point.

Yeah, it would be nice if one can get some data for this period for comparison.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2018
musty00:

Yeah, it would be nice if one can get some data for this period for comparison.

pls help us to do it.It will help us alot.we are about entering a critical time in the stock market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Sideways, if oil remains up

Hmm....It would be interesting to see sideways trading for most of August to December.

Remember that the market got 11 straight days bashing in May when oil was at its highest prices.

Now that oil has stabilized above 70 it seems to be a forgotten issue to many, oil will start having any notable impact again when it falls substantially.

For now, other factors can still bring the market down even if oil remains up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2018
musty00:

Hmm....It would be interesting to see sideways trading for most of August to December.

Remember that the market got 11 straight days bashing in May when oil was at its highest prices.

Now that oil has stabilized above 70 it seems to be a forgotten issue to many, oil will start having any notable impact again when it falls substantially.

For now, other factors can still bring the market down even if oil remains up.

I am now enjoying your write up.
You are an old wine.
which moniker were you using before?
Just say it dont hide it for us pls.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2018
locodemy:

You are an old wine.

Na Senior Tolu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
musty00:

It wasn't across broad. That same year(2014), forte oil opening price was 92 naira ( JAN 2nd 2014), and closed at 226 naira ( DEC 31 2014).

Locodemy made a very good point. Those stocks that depreciated massively in price in 2014, check out their fundamentals for the year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
Calebbold:

It wasn't across broad. That same year(2014), forte oil opening price was 92 naira ( JAN 2nd 2014), and closed at 226 naira ( DEC 31 2014).

Locodemy made a very good point. Those stocks that depreciated massively in price in 2014, check out their fundamentals for the year.

Bros which fundamentals are u talking about? You only picked out forte oil the outlier. Virtually all stocks crashed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
locodemy:

You are an old wine.

grin

Mcy56 asked this question before. But this is my only moniker here.

I've been learning from you guys here for a long time as a GUEST. I kept postponing registering. You're all my bosses.

Used to read SMN as a GUEST as far back. Been learning from most of the SMN ogas here a long time ago, the likes of Agba, Oracle, Wanaj0, Pa Emma, etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Na Senior Tolu

Tolu go vex with you o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
Calebbold:

Maybe you're looking at another year. The crash was across board in 2014. I shared something here recently with High, Low and %loss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3661) (3662) (3663) (3664) (3665) (3666) (3667) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rori(m), SonofElElyonRet, IamR, zendi, educasn, Mpeace(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.