Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,681 members, 7,858,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11058803 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (7813) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj:
This example is similar; my broker was privy to inform, I got to know but unlike the big boys I did not jump out. Because I followed the thinking that it might not work. "How dare OANDO reverse from 36 at the stage where the minister has signed it is simply impossible."
Impossible is nothing.
http://www.investopedia.com/university/shortselling/shortselling1.asp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj:

So you have or do not have in your portfolio OANDO stock? This is if u do actually have a portfolio!!

This peep still dey here dey form sophisticated investor.

Kindly keep forumites updated on your 'portfolio' developments (unto sey you get portfolio naa), as the cowboys show you how NOT to play the market.

U dey ask me whether I get oando. Hehehe...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
passwelle: Nigeria presently has no identity management system in place. Till this is implemented it will be near impossible to limit or minimise insider trading. KYC requirements for opening bank accounts or stock trading accounts are still lax imho.

This is very true. KYC is a complete waste of time. Even CSCS now requires submission of biometrics when doing inter-member transfer from a dead house to an active one- another waste of time and resources.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj: "The cowboys will soon show you what it means to have oxygen tanks dumped on your asss"

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
passwelle:
Impossible is nothing.
http://www.investopedia.com/university/shortselling/shortselling1.asp

I don't think short selling is practised in Naija.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
The warning bell has been rung severally but the faithfuls didnt heed...The only advise i have is dont be too greedy..Once you make your gain quickly exit, dont wait for unrealistic price targets for now (N100 or N1,000). The cowboys are using the emotional investment we all are displaying here to enrich themselves while leaving us to bear the brunt.

I might not be the best in stating all my facts with grammar but a word is okay for the wise.

#jokeoftheyear
#noisemakers

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
AbidemiA:
Could you please provide the link?
Via Morgan's itrade platform
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
@Avantajj - Just ride on with your investment, there is no need for all these question and answer section that nearly take up 2 pages. Be YOU, Be FREE and Take CHARGE. Na u b chairman of your portfolio

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
The recent upgrade on Meritrade looks cool. You can now see Live trading section including trades, bid/offer quantities/prices, bid/offer depths, etc. I hope we are able to trade live very soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Elai147:

I don't think short selling is practised in Naija.
Not with margin accounts. However, If I sell enough volume of a stock sub market price, I may induce panic sales (herd mentality) and then return to take positions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Elai147: The recent upgrade on Meritrade looks cool. You can now see Live trading section including trades, bid/offer quantities/prices, bid/offer depths, etc. I hope we are able to trade live very soon.
Yes. I hope so. Most broker will begin to do that now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
Born2berich: The warning bell has been rung severally but the faithfuls didnt heed...The only advise i have is dont be too greedy..Once you make your gain quickly exit, dont wait for unrealistic price targets for now (N100 or N1,000). The cowboys are using the emotional investment we all are displaying here to enrich themselves while leaving us to bear the brunt.

I might not be the best in stating all my facts with grammar but a word is okay for the wise.

#jokeoftheyear
#noisemakers

I see more blood on Oando in the next few trading days.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
Myjoy08 kindly show face "nowmediately",any news from source.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Elai147: The recent upgrade on Meritrade looks cool. You can now see Live trading section including trades, bid/offer quantities/prices, bid/offer depths, etc. I hope we are able to trade live very soon.

It is very nice but can't be compare with what Morgan Capital offered in terms of services and fees charged. One out of millions satisfactory services!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
4dchairman: Myjoy08 kindly show face "nowmediately",any news from source.

Sir, am here reading through everyone's opinion. You just have to accept individual opinion and their personality when it comes to trading stocks.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
myjoy08:

It is very nice but can't be compare with what Morgan Capital offered in terms of services and fees charged. One out of millions satisfactory services!

Especially with the bold.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Elai147:

I see more blood on Oando in the next few trading days.

Sir, don't be carried away by the current price range of Oando. It is just a mere personal wishes and the opposite will be the case. If you are expecting Oando result to be awful, i assume you missed the target! I might be wrong as usual, just watch!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Something to celebrate, Transcorp trading @ 5.80. I learnt some institutional investors are in. Hope they wouldn't prop and dump.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
passwelle:
Not with margin accounts. However, If I sell enough volume of a stock sub market price, I may induce panic sales (herd mentality) and then return to take positions.

Shorting only by institutional investors. They keep theirs borrow from mutual funds. Then sell them (your herd mentality now comes into play) they buy them at considerably reduced price and return them to mutual funds, mutual funds benefit from the renting out of the stocks and institutional investors benefit by turning a profit
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
Bid and offer quantities currently functioning on Morgan.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
4dchairman: Myjoy08 kindly show face "nowmediately",any news from source.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, am here reading through everyone's opinion. You just have to accept individual opinion and their personality when it comes to trading stocks.

correct

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, don't be carried away by the current price range of Oando. It is just a mere personal wishes and the opposite will be the case. If you are expecting Oando result to be awful, i assume you missed the target! I might be wrong as usual, just watch!

I think there will be more blood this week and I expect the result to be good which may be the cause of an envisaged reversal in price soon. If the result is good, I don't think it can cause a big rally. A short rally may be possible. Something is happening to the stock price of this stock and the Oxygen boys are not far from being the perpetrators. I refused to be caught unawares by Oando and I pray for God's guidance for BnSITL. Whatever it is that they are doing to Oando will be done in our favour.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Elai147:

I think there will be more blood this week and I expect the result to be good which may be the cause of an envisaged reversal in price soon. If the result is good, I don't think it can cause a big rally. A short rally may be possible. Something is happening to the stock price of this stock and the Oxygen boys are not far from being the perpetrators. I refused to be caught unawares by Oando and I pray for God's guidance for BnSITL. Whatever it is that they are doing to Oando will be done to our favour.

Sir, you are absolutely right. I laugh when i see the peoples' opinion that am waiting for Oando @ 20 naira as impossible is nothing. Well, impossibility is a possibility in stock market. In all, Information is power. it is well!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
Omo una no go kee me

"Impossibility is nothing."
"Possibility is something."
"Impossibility is possibility."
"Possibility is impossibility."

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
^^ Currentprice where are you na?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
Abeg, make this blood continue o!

Cherry picking no go get part 2!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
mpi210: Abeg, make this blood continue o!

As you cherry pick, even the prices of the ones you picked, continues to drop.

Stock Market, patience is key.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
passwelle:
Be wary of chasing a moving train, or catching falling knives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
Elai147: ^^ Currentprice where are you na?

Omo Bear don pursue am go thread for beans storage... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
mpi210: Abeg, make this blood continue o!

More like catching a falling Knife?

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (7813) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: eziokwunwoko(m), 4willer, crownprince2017, Streetinvestor2 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.