Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10949327 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 8:05am On Aug 27, 2014
4dchairman:
I hope you're right,I'm Kneck deep in the stock .

Bought @ 20 and gleefully watched it get to 36(broker called and advised to sell. I refused. My target was 47 and I was close to bagging another one. (I had done my calculations using 20 instead of 16, not paying attn to the last rally that based it's initial point at 12). Was I greedy? Of course not! Why should I sell at 36 and watch everyone else sell at a higher price? I mean 'go to nsempa and read what they are writing there' I said to my broker; 'OANDO will get to 50', 'no oh I perceive 60', 'OANDO will reach 100 once the cop deal is closed. We are waiting at 100'.

Right now it has reached 25, should we still be waiting?? I am very displeased.

I am at a cross road and highly contemplating the chibuking move...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by McIrx: 8:46am On Aug 27, 2014
Na wah for Oando o.The coy don nearly turn everybody for this thread to cowboys.
Na so the cowboy status dey easy to attain?
undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2014
It is the beginning of the end for those investors and speculators who believe that the path to ultimate cowboyism is a linear, straight line graph.

There are different varieties of market participants, the cowboy is only one of them. One should consider his temperament and personality type before venturing into the business of a cowboy. Really.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj:

Bought @ 20 and gleefully watched it get to 36(broker called and advised to sell. I refused. My target was 47 and I was close to bagging another one. (I had done my calculations using 20 instead of 16, not paying attn to the last rally that based it's initial point at 12). Was I greedy? Of course not! Why should I sell at 36 and watch everyone else sell at a higher price? I mean 'go to nsempa and read what they are writing there' I said to my broker; 'OANDO will get to 50', 'no oh I perceive 60', 'OANDO will reach 100 once the cop deal is closed. We are waiting at 100'.

Despite the prevailing pessimism I'm still hopeful, if Oando can't bring the fabulous result no other stock can,in fact I stake my investing career on it.
No matter the result on Monday the viability of the stock will not be in doubt. JAT stated production has increased to 62kblpd but the market didn't react.
If the result is good I will buy and other wise I will buy more. Stay the course and you will win at the end of the day .
Finally, I invest first in the vision,the man behind the vision and lastly the business. #beaudacious

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2014
4dchairman: 9
Despite the prevailing pessimism I'm still hopeful, if Oando can't bring the fabulous result no other stock can,in fact I stake my investing career on it.
No matter the result on Monday the viability of the stock will not be in doubt. JAT stated production has increased to 62kblpd but the market didn't react.
If the result is good I will buy and other wise I will buy more. Stay the course and you will win at the end of the day .
Finally, I invest first in the vision,the man behind the vision and lastly the business. #beaudacious

You misunderstand me, I am staying the course, just that selling at 36 and later buying at say 20 would have been much more rewarding
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 9:17am On Aug 27, 2014
How silly are some peoples conclusions! Perceive themselves to be superman (never making errors, really?) or just no guys or balls to tell the truth. Just jive around using the word cowboy ( which means what exactly) because they have little to nothing invested.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj: How silly are some peoples conclusions! Perceive themselves to be superman (never making errors, really?) or just no guys or balls to tell the truth. Just jive around using the word cowboy ( which means what exactly) because they have little to nothing invested.

*No guts
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj:

You misunderstand me, I am staying the course, just that selling at 36 and later buying at say 20 would have been much more rewarding
That makes it an investment, nobody knows. Investment comes with risk, uncertainty and unpredictability . That's why it is a privilege to invest and to get the reward is grace.
My church member works in 7up knows how their targets are met even in raining season , but did realise he should invest.
. The cashier in my bank does not know the meaning of CSCS account number.
My accountant friend can only tell you how the market crashed in 2008.
Count yourself lucky to even be an investor.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2014
Peeps shouldn't expect some kinda sympathy from the public just because they decided to come out and confess their mistakes and apparent negligence in taking and exiting positions.

The stock market is an expensive place to understand the meaning of emotional intelligence.

#Suckers

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:00am On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj: How silly are some peoples conclusions! Perceive themselves to be superman (never making errors, really?) or just no guys or balls to tell the truth. Just jive around using the word cowboy ( which means what exactly) because they have little to nothing invested.

I do not think anyone percieves themselves as superman. In such an unregulated market as ours, NO ONE can be a superman really not even the longterm investors. Its more to do with understanding who the man or men behind the vision is and lastly the business. Which brings us to the definition of the word Cowboy (or men behind the vision). Dexterax defined this best and i paraphrase "they occupy the top echelon of management of flamboyant companies and there is always a disconnect between their words, their actions and press releases. However they always value their own interest over those of the other investors.
For example the import of the disparity btw boe and bpd is that boe describes the amount of energy that is equivalent to the amount of energy found in a barrel of crude oil. The price 50k bpd will fetch you is not necessarily equal to the proceeds of selling 50k boe grin In saner climes a distinction is put on the terminology employed in press releases from Oil and Gas companies when they report this. No wonder I am yet to see OER which is listed on the TSX announce the increase to 62k bpd grin
Someone here mentioned befriending your broker before the data crash, and that helped me a lot with Oando. Luckily one of my brokers who doesnt do realtime had the accounts of a senior member of the management of Oando in their portfolio. The Oando man was doing JIJO on an amazingly profitable scale shocked I synced my own JIJO with his and BnSitL it has been well grin
Apologies for the monologue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2014

Boss, the best response to a sarcasm is a counter sarcasm...u get??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 27, 2014
passwelle:

I do not think anyone percieves themselves as superman. In such an unregulated market as ours, NO ONE can be a superman really not even the longterm investors. Its more to do with understanding who the man or men behind the vision is and lastly the business. Which brings us to the definition of the word Cowboy (or men behind the vision). Dexterax defined this best and i paraphrase "they occupy the top echelon of management of flamboyant companies and there is always a disconnect between their words, their actions and press releases. However they always value their own interest over those of the other investors.
For example the import of the disparity btw boe and bpd is that boe describes the amount of energy that is equivalent to the amount of energy found in a barrel of crude oil. The price 50k bpd will fetch you is not necessarily equal to the proceeds of selling 50k boe grin In saner climes a distinction is put on the terminology employed in press releases from Oil and Gas companies when they report this. No wonder I am yet to see OER which is listed on the TSX announce the increase to 62k bpd grin
Someone here mentioned befriending your broker before the data crash, and that helped me a lot with Oando. Luckily one of my brokers who doesnt do realtime had the accounts of a senior member of the management of Oando in their portfolio. The Oando man was doing JIJO on an amazingly profitable scale shocked I synced my own JIJO with his and BnSitL it has been well grin
Apologies for the monologue

it doesnt work all the time. my old broker follows some big boys to invest. There was a time the Md of a bank bought their bank shares, come ad see how d big boys followed him and it the end,reverse was the case. They all lost in the deal.The Md may have bought for other motives

NSE is doing sumtin abt insider training.They are passing circulars to insitution on it currently.They plan to introduce BLACKOUT PERIOD in which INSIDERS and CONNECTED PERSONS cannot trade their shares. The black out period include;
1. release of result
2 .corporate actions.
3. merger,acquisatn, buy back etc
4. sale of subsidiaries or some stakes in d biz.

Going forward,i feel insider trading in nse will be minimised . it isnt even advisable to trade your company shares , but u can invest for long term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vgirl: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2014
well spoken!
4dchairman: 9

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:42am On Aug 27, 2014
passwelle: Luckily one of my brokers who doesnt do realtime had the accounts of a senior member of the management of Oando in their portfolio. The Oando man was doing JIJO on an amazingly profitable scale shocked I synced my own JIJO with his and BnSitL it has been well grin Apologies for the monologue

Na now u come dey tell us abi?

#DRG

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax: Peeps shouldn't expect some kinda sympathy from the public just because they decided to come out and confess their mistakes and apparent negligence in taking and exiting positions.
The stock market is an expensive place to understand the meaning of emotional intelligence.
#Suckers
I so much love this line
@Passwelle - What more can i say, Bravoooooooo
@Avantajj- in our clime, U win some and U lose some. I'll advise you never to sell Oando @ a loss, pls HOLD on to it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2014
@Elai147- We all have our sources of information and Love ur neighbour as thyself doesn't mean otherwise smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 10:48am On Aug 27, 2014
I noticed NSE system is now displaying BID/OFFER values. Nice 1

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2014
No 'peeps' I actually expected teeth opening and no comment

#sillyboys
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by AbidemiA: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2014
Aks: I noticed NSE system is now displaying BID/OFFER values. Nice 1

Could you please provide the link?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 11:01am On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj:

All I intended here was to show the inner thinking and workings of a fellow investor.

Apologies for making some people unhappy by coming out to "confess". Because one does not follow another's slippery nature and style of pretending to know it all, or hiding what they are doing/did (all possibly bogged down with failure or might I say insurance) does not mean you can or should make derogatory remarks. Have u any real investments or you just whiling away time?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 27, 2014
see bid for 7up, no be small matter.
transcorp gearing up. eadng to 5.80 in a matter of minutes.
investors jumped out to buy oando @ 25, limited offer for now.
dumping going on in diamond.

My old broker called me dis morning asking me if am taking up my rights. he informed me my right form is currently with them. banking sector doesnt look juicy to me at d moment.7up on my mind bt no cash.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=passwelle]

(I had done my calculations using 20 instead of 16, not paying attn to the last rally that based it's initial point at 12)/quote]

Exactly like I said I regret not selling high to buy lower. And increase my principal only to reinvest in OANDO only this time around with almost twice as many shares. Why is this causing so much hullabaloo?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:22am On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj:

All I intended here was to show the inner thinking and workings of a fellow investor.

Apologies for making some people unhappy by coming out to "confess". Because one does not follow another's slippery nature and style of pretending to know it all, or hiding what they are doing/did (all possibly bogged down with failure or might I say insurance) does not mean you can or should make derogatory remarks. Have u any real investments or you just whiling away time?

I don't care about your lame intentions at this point.

The cowboys will soon show you what it means to have oxygen tanks dumped on your asss.

U think sey na church u dey so? U dey confess the sins wey u commit for stock market. Who wan forgive you?

Ogbeni park joor!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:25am On Aug 27, 2014
mercylicious:

it doesnt work all the time. my old broker follows some big boys to invest. There was a time the Md of a bank bought their bank shares, come ad see how d big boys followed him and it the end,reverse was the case. They all lost in the deal.The Md may have bought for other motives

I agree it doesnt always work. In your example though I am sure the MD most certainly did not lose out. He was was probably a disciple of Albert H. Wiggin.

mercylicious:
Going forward,i feel insider trading in nse will be minimised . it isnt even advisable to trade your company shares , but u can invest for long term.
Nigeria presently has no identity management system in place. Till this is implemented it will be near impossible to limit or minimise insider trading. KYC requirements for opening bank accounts or stock trading accounts are still lax imho.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by McIrx: 11:25am On Aug 27, 2014
Inferiority complex isn't good for the mind.
#WatchThatSpace
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2014
AbidemiA:

Could you please provide the link?
I think he meant the itrade Market orders view
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 11:31am On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax:

The cowboys will soon show you what it means to have oxygen tanks dumped on your asss.

U think sey na church u dey so? U dey confess the sins wey u commit for stock market. Who wan forgive you?

Ogbeni park joor!

Must admit you are a funny guy but What does all this mean exactly?

"The cowboys will soon show you what it means to have oxygen tanks dumped on your asss"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 11:33am On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax:

Ogbeni park joor!

My man that's a little over the edge, chilax .

# we still bnsitl

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj:

Must admit you are a funny guy but What does all this mean exactly?

"The cowboys will soon show you what it means to have oxygen tanks dumped on your asss"

JAMB Question.

E go do you like feem!

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2014
passwelle:

I agree it doesnt always work. In your example though I am sure the MD most certainly did not lose out. He was was probably a disciple of Albert H.

This example is similar; my broker was privy to inform, I got to know but unlike the big boys I did not jump out. Because I followed the thinking that it might not work. "How dare OANDO reverse from 36 at the stage where the minister has signed it is simply impossible."
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 11:41am On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax:

JAMB Question.

E go do you like feem!

grin

So you have or do not have in your portfolio OANDO stock? This is if u do actually have a portfolio!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ogoo4real, Princkez, seyisanya(m), ositadima1(m), ekkywolex(m), Buzochi, stronglink and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.