Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10879079 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3793) (3794) (3795) (3796) (3797) (3798) (3799) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
Question please...

Which is a more favorable strategy from experience...?

a.) Use of stop loss or b.) averaging down

Secondly, what is a good stop loss percentage?

(the question may look naive but I ask to get honest responses based on experience)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
swilo:
Question please...

(the question may look naive but I ask to get honest responses based on experience)

For me
Averaging down - NEVER
Stop loss - no percentage (I get out as soon as the ogogoro clear for me eyes; if it is a free fall situation, I wait for the bounce)

The best solution however, is to prevent bad entry.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
Apple Inc. became the first U.S.-based company with a market value of $1 trillion, four decades after it was co-founded by Steve Jobs in a Silicon Valley garage and later revolutionized the worlds of computing, music and mobile communications.

The consumer-technology giant briefly touched the milestone at 11.48 a.m. in New York trading Thursday, based on share count data the company disclosed in a recent regulatory filing. PetroChina Co. briefly crossed that valuation in late 2007 but slumped quickly as oil prices collapsed in the financial crisis. Other tech giants are not far behind Apple today, with Amazon.com Inc., Alphabet Inc. and Microsoft Corp. worth more than $800 billion each.

[https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-08-02/apple-becomes-first-u-s-company-to-hit-1-trillion-market-value

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Chai!

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/Notore%20Chemical%20Industries_Listing%20Memorandum.pdf

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
currentprice:
Chai!

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/Notore%20Chemical%20Industries_Listing%20Memorandum.pdf

grin grin grin
After Dem don finish the company dey wan come list the carcass. See debt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
swilo:
Question please...

In my opinion

Averaging Down if you are sure you understand the fundamentals of the business and you know you are buying at a significant discount to the intrinsic value.

Stop Loss if you are speculating and you don't know the fair value of the business.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Wow! So the company don finish already and they come list am for 62.50? Dem try.
Dangerous to embrace newly listed coy these days. sad
Mendes, na here that your new basket fit. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bishopking: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
swilo:
Question please...

Averaging only woks if you have cash!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2018
Investing in Stock market and investing in Betnaija, which is better?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ehuatamuigunisi:
Investing in Stock market and investing in Betnaija, which is better?

Investing in the shares of the Betnaija company.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
MonkeyHunter:
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
The Federal Executive Council, FEC, on Wednesday approved N72.9billion for the reconstruction of the road from Apapa to the toll gate on Lagos-Ibadan expressway in Lagos State.

Fashola said the decision was taken to provide a long term solution to the road, which had suffered a lot of gridlock in recent times.

“The Ministry of Power, Works and Housing secured approval for the reconstruction of the Creek Road Tincan Island-Beach Land right through to Oworoshoki to the toll gate end of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway for the full reconstruction of that road which was built around 1975 as part of our first port expansion undertaken then in the 70s.

He named Dangote Group as the constructing firm for the road project, saying that the N72.9 billion for the execution of the project would be recovered through the funding credit tax policy of government.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/08/02/buhari-approves-n73bn-road-project-lagos-okays-dangote-contractor/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
MonkeyHunter:

See finishing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 02, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
all these auditing firms!PWC gave them pass mark ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 03, 2018
MonkeyHunter:

Thanks.
Do you have any information about their share? Is it profitable for short term investment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:43am On Aug 03, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:06am On Aug 03, 2018
swilo:
Question please...

avg down: shud be avoided esp in a bear mkts , they can complicate things a lot

stop loss: u can use ATR x 2 as a guide or a % drop below a tested ''support'' level

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:07am On Aug 03, 2018
Yayira:

It is not easy..
You are in the market, wahala
You are in cash, wahala
You are in cash and in village still no rest of mind.

nothing is ever easy , esp trading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:10am On Aug 03, 2018
DangFlour
- fresh breaking below prev weekly close , looking at a new lower low on d wkly chart
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:11am On Aug 03, 2018
GT , Zenith , Access , UBA
- div paying stocks finding room above prev weekly and possible monthly close
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:13am On Aug 03, 2018
Fidelity
- where next ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:16am On Aug 03, 2018
FBN
- still under d 50dma , is this the lower high ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 5:04am On Aug 03, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
all these auditing firms!PWC gave them pass mark ooo.

Auditors only express an OPINION that the account presented by the management is a true and fair representation of the company based on the TEST conducted (not actual words though).

So there is no 'pass' mark. Auditors are not to detect fraud etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 5:11am On Aug 03, 2018
wanaj0:

If you are a TRADER don't go near. I mean you cannot even trade up to N500k of the stock. However if you are in it for the 'medium' term, you should be alright.

Before buying, walk into one of their centres. Check whether what you see align with the 'figures' being posted. That is FACTS behind the FIGURES.

Joke with Wanaj0 recommendations or warnings at your own peril.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2018
swilo:
Question please...

Stop loss for TA, averaging down for FA if the fundamentals are still intact.

Stop loss percentage? That one depends on your experience and temperament grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 03, 2018
wanaj0:

Auditors only express an OPINION that the account presented by the management is a true and fair representation of the company based on the TEST conducted (not actual words though).

So there is no 'pass' mark. Auditors are not to detect fraud etc
OK,but I think auditors can do more to save investors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 8:51am On Aug 03, 2018
More on OANDO cool

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:04am On Aug 03, 2018
MSCI- NIGERIA MOVEMENT FOR 2 AUG 2018/GENERAL COMMENT

2nd of August was another clean slate day, fund seems to be comfortable with the new money staying in fixed income investment.

Market entering a dull moment, time to relax again. All these temporary bulls seems not to have the strength to move the market. For the past 2 weeks, despite the fact that my portfolio is diversified, I have seen no movement. Thus for now, I am just looking for opportunity to bail out and reduce my equity investments if I see any positive movement to make a small profit. The market will still be there when there will be more positive movement in the market. I don’t want to become like the “frog” in the cooking pot, that did not jump out when the water was cold, then warm, till the water was too hot (we know what happened thereafter)!!!

Using the fund’s portfolio as a guide, “green” mean buying while “red” is selling.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

N:B

Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who is doubting the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:34am On Aug 03, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
OK,but I think auditors can do more to save investors.

BUT auditors are 'employed' and 'paid' by the management. Remember, he who pays the piper, dictates the tune.

You should ask what the shareholders rep in audit committees are doing wink smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Why do I get the feeling that this is another Oando in making? The MD was lying that the company made N8b profit in its latest report. The profit was made possible by the magic of N10b deferred taxation write back. Same way Oando has been deceiving that they are now back in profit. In my view the stock is not even worth N5.
currentprice:
Chai!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2018
you are right , dead on arrival notore
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:53am On Aug 03, 2018
rebekah2011:
Why do I get the feeling that this is another Oando in making? The MD was lying that the company made N8b profit in its latest report. The profit was made possible by the magic of N10b deferred taxation write back. Same way Oando has been deceiving that they are now back in profit. In my view the stock is not even worth N5.

Some RED flags.

Danjuma - Check out May and Baker!

Ibori - Need no introduction

They've made losses from 2014 to date! Interesting record.

Let's see FY 2018 result!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3793) (3794) (3795) (3796) (3797) (3798) (3799) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibrahim505(m), Zagee, DUNKA(m), kaykehin, Redoil, Mpeace(m), unite4real, egojeny1(f), 222Martins(m), 2zona(m), oludy, Agbalowomeri, courage89(m), Curiouscity(m), dapix, 1jboi, Locotrader(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.