Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,245 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10876583 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3794) (3795) (3796) (3797) (3798) (3799) (3800) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2018
Ehuatamuigunisi:
Thanks.
Do you have any information about their share? Is it profitable for short term investment.
This is funny to me. grin grin grin
No vex say I dey laugh o.

Oga, me too dey wait for the betnaija coys o. Just remember to add caveat. [s]should be coys like Oando, Japaul, et-al in that category[/s]. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sillysassysally(f): 10:00am On Aug 03, 2018
What do you guys think of OANDO?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 10:17am On Aug 03, 2018
Ehuatamuigunisi:

Thanks.
Do you have any information about their share? Is it profitable for short term investment.

I am very sorry, that was a tongue in cheek answer.

In my opinion, Gambling is a losers game on the long run and it is the betting companies that come out on top. The only betting company listed on the stock exchange Secure Technologies (formally Nigerian Sport Lottery) is however not an attractive investment as I am not sure it is operational or profitable (I have not looked at their financials)

Investing in well diversified stocks with good fundamentals should make you money on the long run. There are however no short term guarantees.

I can name a lots of people that have struck it rich from investing in stocks and I don't know any that made it through gambling. If you however want to make money from gambling, setting up or investing in a gambling shop is the nearest option.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:08am On Aug 03, 2018
NOTORIOUS trading at N62.50
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2018
fxuser:

avg down: shud be avoided esp in a bear mkts , they can complicate things a lot

stop loss: u can use ATR x 2 as a guide or a % drop below a tested ''support'' level

Thanks Sirs Pluto09, FX, MH, BK, Agba for your responses...

Please, FX is ATR the Average True Range
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:24am On Aug 03, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
NOTORIOUS trading at N62.50
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2018
rebekah2011:
Why do I get the feeling that this is another Oando in making? The MD was lying that the company made N8b profit in its latest report. The profit was made possible by the magic of N10b deferred taxation write back. Same way Oando has been deceiving that they are now back in profit. In my view the stock is not even worth N5.
To me, the company actually have huge potential for growth with a promising development in the agro-allied and petrochemical business if only they can shelve the Nigerian styled management factor. They are into fertilizer, they have huge access to gas, they even produce electricity, they have an arm that provides Logistic services to oil and gas companies, they even have privately owned jetty with berth capacity of about 20,000mt vessels that will guarantee easy export of any of their manufactured products. It is huge sha if they don't put themselves first before the company.
As for the listing price, i agree with you, too much, but not N5 cheesy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2018
Going thru forte oil report and I can see they are now doing solar.... So I ask how are they going to compete with all this alaba boys .... Anybody with info on their strategy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:32am On Aug 03, 2018
hyness:

To me sha, the company actually have huge potential for growth with a promising development in the agro-allied and petrochemical business if only they can shelve the Nigerian styled management factor. They are into fertilizer, they have huge access to gas, they even produce electricity, they have an arm that provides Logistic services to oil and gas companies, they even have privately owned jetty with berth capacity of about 20,000mt vessels that will guarantee easy export of any of their manufactured products. It is huge sha if they don't put themselves first before the company. As for the listing price, i agree with you, too much but not N5 cheesy.

My dear when I hear;
-gas and electricity; transcorp jumps to my mind
- logistic services to oil and gas; Japaul jumps to my mind
- jetty, berth and vessels; caverton jumps to mind
- Fertiliser; livestock feeds jumps to my mind

Does it mean NOTORE should be selling at those price ranges?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:33am On Aug 03, 2018
maishai:
Going thru forte oil report and I can see they are now doing solar.... So I ask how are they going to compete with all this alaba boys .... Anybody with info on their strategy

Their strategy is where belle face grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:39am On Aug 03, 2018
Why will anyone like to tie down his/her hard earned money on HOPE? There are many stocks on the ground calling on investors to come and buy. Zenith Bank, UBA, Access, and many more. Why will I look at a stock like this? That they are not fair in their IPO price means a lot to me. See the debts too. I will not recommend it to any one.
hyness:

To me sha, the company actually have huge potential for growth with a promising development in the agro-allied and petrochemical business if only they can shelve the Nigerian styled management factor. They are into fertilizer, they have huge access to gas, they even produce electricity, they have an arm that provides Logistic services to oil and gas companies, they even have privately owned jetty with berth capacity of about 20,000mt vessels that will guarantee easy export of any of their manufactured products. It is huge sha if they don't put themselves first before the company. As for the listing price, i agree with you, too much, but not N5 cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:42am On Aug 03, 2018
fxuser:
GT , Zenith , Access , UBA
- div paying stocks finding room above prev weekly and possible monthly close
Of all these four, na only UBA i fit touch if at all i wan touch any. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 11:43am On Aug 03, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

My dear when I hear;
-gas and electricity; transcorp jumps to my mind
- logistic services to oil and gas; Japaul jumps to my mind
- jetty, berth and vessels; caverton jumps to mind
- Fertiliser; livestock feeds jumps to my mind

Does it mean NOTORE should be selling at those price ranges?
If only they can take a cue from those companies you mentioned as to how bad they have fared, and then learn, and also try to put the growth of the company first, maybe there will be hope.
Oh well, wishful thinking maybe!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 11:46am On Aug 03, 2018
rebekah2011:
Why will anyone like to tie down his/her hard earned money on HOPE? There are many stocks on the ground calling on investors to come and buy. Zenith Bank, UBA, Access, and many more. Why will I look at a stock like this? That they are not fair in their IPO price means a lot to me. See the debts too. I will not recommend it to any one.
Yeah, never invest your hard earned money on hope! You are right.
We will just wait and watch to see how low the price gets by next year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2018
hyness:

If only they can take a cue from those companies you mentioned and how they have fared and learn, and also try to put the growth of the company first, maybe there will be hope. Oh well, wishful thinking maybe!

Nigerian-run businesses corruption everywhere; our own smartness is to deceive and defraud people. Investors should be wise.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Nigerian-run businesses corruption everywhere; our own smartness is to deceive and defraud people. Investors should be wise.

You are right

Too but criminality in the corporate space

And we claim to be the most religious

shithhole society

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
Mcy56:

grin

How they valued that stock above N60 is mystery to me, it should be sell below N20

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
Just take a look at the Revenue and the finance cost. The wages and salaries too. We are very wise now.
OBAGADAFFI:

How they valued that stock above N60 is mystery to me, it should be sell below N20

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

I am too sure they are planning to raise funds soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
rebekah2011:
Just take a look at the Revenue and the finance cost. The wages and salaries too. We are very wise now.

Agbalowomeri:

My friend USED to work there. no touch!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
Thank you. I hope people will heed to your words of wisdom.
sellydion:

My friend USED to work there. no touch!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2018
rebekah2011:

Agbalowomeri:

I trust the Market the revalue the stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
sillysassysally:
What do you guys think of OANDO?

It's a BUY. the returns will be higher than all during the next major bull just pay attention to the entry price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
swilo:
Question please...

Which is a more favorable strategy from experience...?

a.) Use of stop loss or b.) averaging down

Secondly, what is a good stop loss percentage?

(the question may look naive but I ask to get honest responses based on experience)

The reality is

1. What is your investment horizon?

2. Is the market overall bullish or bearish?

3. What is the fair value (many people fail here; many people can throw out values, few can do proper valuation)? Entry and exit is beyond quarterly performances.

Your answers to these questions will lead you to the appropriate action to take.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
This our stock trading is funny atimes, because you tend to perceive and relate everything you hear/see to the stock market. Can you imagine that the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the link below is to see if the helicopter that crashes is not caverton's own grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4653959/helicopter-crashes-sokoto-state

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
How market?

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
please i want to know where i can exchange 1000000 million old Turkish lira in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
kolaish:
This our stock trading is funny atimes, because you tend to perceive and relate everything you hear/see to the stock market. Can you imagine that the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the link below is to see if the helicopter that crashes is not caverton's own grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4653959/helicopter-crashes-sokoto-state

grin grin

funny you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
tiar:

The reality is

1. What is your investment horizon?

2. Is the market overall bullish or bearish?

3. What is the fair value (many people fail here; many people can throw out values, few can do proper valuation)? Entry and exit is beyond quarterly performances.

Your answers to these questions will lead you to the appropriate action to take.

Having a plan before entry will help and sticking to it.

Average down in a good stock trading below fair value is okay for me.

While using stops in a good stock trading above fair value is also welcome.

Both are useful for in relative circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2018
obingo25:
please i want to know where i can exchange 1000000 million old Turkish lira in Nigeria.

Central Bank of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
wanaj0:

Central Bank of Nigeria

Would CBN ever list its shares on the NSE?

NB: In case some of you are not aware, the shares of Swiss National Bank, Bank of Japan, National Bank of Belgium, Reserve Bank of South Africa and Bank of Greece are publicly traded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3794) (3795) (3796) (3797) (3798) (3799) (3800) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: faoogoke(m), Agbalowomeri, TsarZed, naturalflow and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.