Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,976 members, 7,866,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11093329 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4136) (4137) (4138) (4139) (4140) (4141) (4142) ... (7822) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
Mpeace:
But CP, on strength of this result alone, fidelity is still cheaper than fcmb. Eps for fidelity is .62 fcmb. 57. They are both cheaper than any other bank on NSE.
Congrats FCMB, nice result.

how?

i have not check the result well for valuation but base on this ur EPS fcmb is cheaper now remember their outstanding share

fidelity 29B
FCMB 20B

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
^
^^
forward PE at today close price

fcmb 3

fidelity 4

so how fidelity take cheap base on the EPS u post

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
Mpeace:
But CP, on strength of this result alone, fidelity is still cheaper than fcmb. Eps for fidelity is .62 fcmb. 57. They are both cheaper than any other bank on NSE.

CP is looking at FY. FCMB bank is audited and impairment provision made up to Q3. Fidelity might disclose their own impairment by FY (unless Fidelity's Q3 is also audited).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Parisfran(f): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
mendes911:

CP is looking at FY. FCMB bank is audited and impairment provision made up to Q3. Fidelity might disclose their own impairment by FY (unless Fidelity's Q3 is also audited).
It's unaudited
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2018
Mpeace:

On my sheet, FCMB is the cheapest bank now, based on this result.

You should use PE ratio to compare 2 stocks. FCMB PE = 2.30, FIDELITY PE = 3.03

You can use EPS to compare 2 stocks if only they both have the same share price, or if you're comparing the relative performance of a stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
Pajapaja:
But he said the truth
how's that the truth?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
[quote author=Godlylifeoneart post=73409241][/quote]
you have made good points

it all boils down to corporate governance failures and weak regulations.
That's why to a large extent, I have no respect for all these "big men"
abusing the system and laws to enrich yourself undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
Parisfran:

It's unaudited

FCMB stated on their website that the group's result will be unaudited but the bank will be audited. Unless this was changed later. Let me go and peep at the result self.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2018
E ku FCMB good result o. I just dey see plenty members wey don activate ghost mode since. E ku coming out from hiding o. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2018
currentprice:
cc Mcy56 grin grin grin grin quoted
All hail CP the seer! wink
You said it, only that fear is too much cos of the bloodshed in the market.
Let's see if this result will bring mini bull tomorrow. I hope someone like me go see buy sha cos I no trust all these "ghosts". grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2018
musty00:

On my sheet, FCMB is the cheapest bank now, based on this result.

You should use PE ratio to compare 2 stocks. FCMB PE = 2.30, FIDELITY PE = 3.03

You can use EPS to compare 2 stocks if only they both have the same share price, or if you're comparing the relative performance of a stock.
currentprice:
^
^^
forward PE at today close price

fcmb 3

fidelity 4

so how fidelity take cheap base on the EPS u post

grin grin grin
U are correct. Maths no easy o. My classmate don change seat, who I for copy from.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2018
Bargain hunters....that did not enter FCMB today.
@Peterrichy @Chibuking ...see you all in January!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pajapaja: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
Ugosample:

how's that the truth?

Wait . I dy come
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
deepsuk:
will this shit hole market ever rise....
my losses are in billions and how much can i sell to get cashhh... am contemplating suicide ....dec sometime

Are you saying you don't give second thought to all the red flags being raised on some of those stocks? shocked shocked
You couldnt have done that to yourself now! It's even better to miss the moving train than to sit inside that dozie's kind of bus and be hoping that all will be well soon. undecided
I hope y're joking with the suicide thought too. Please dont! embarassed
Everyone at one point or the other have got one story or the other to tell. You can always pick your piece and pieces and start all over again.
You are my good friend here you know. wink Try and be more open to ask questions and free with people here.
It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
Tomorrow is another day. Some stocks will do what they must do.... grin

I wish we were respecting elders here more and not claiming knowledge we do not have.

If we treat some people here with dignity and ask the right questions, engage in meaningful and orderly debates, we will unlock so much value on this forum.

Talking when we should be listening is the reason we offloaded FCMB today.

Smart people normally use bear periods to force us out of good positions.

We must do what we must do.

I thank the selfless gurus here.

How I wish Oscar will give me the key to the floor before daybreak... grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by STOjo: 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2018
Mcy56:

Are you saying you don't give second thought to all the red flags being raised on some of those stocks? shocked shocked
You couldnt have done that to yourself now! It's even better to miss the moving train than to sit inside that dozie's kind of bus and be hoping that all will be well soon. undecided
Everyone at one point or the other have got one story or the other to tell. You can always pick your piece and pieces and start all over again.
You are my good friend here you know. wink Try and be more open to ask questions and free with people here.
It is well.

@deepsuk,
Please just take a decision and move on but never to consider suicide. Note that "oja to gbowo lo, lo maa gbowo pada", meaning the business that took your fund away will bring it back. Quitters don't win and Winners don't quit. I lost at least 70% of my fund in diemond so no be only you. After all you didn't waste the fund, you invested it. It will end in praise friend.. Just my 1 kobo advice.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
DeRuggedProf:
Tomorrow is another day. Some stocks will do what they must do.... grin

I wish we were respecting elders here more and not claiming knowledge we do not have.

If we treat some people here with dignity and ask the right questions, engage in meaningful and orderly debates, we will unlock so much value on this forum.

Talking when we should be listening is the reason we offloaded FCMB today.

Smart people normally use bear periods to force us out of good positions.

We must do what we must do.

I thank the selfless gurus here.

How I wish Oscar will give me the key to the floor before daybreak... grin

So you think it will gain 10% in this bear?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
stcool:
Bargain hunters....that did not enter FCMB today.
@Peterrichy @Chibuking ...see you all in January!

The rain that is falling will fall on all and sundry

The bear will visit every stock irrespective of fundamentals

Have you looked at Oil prices? Have looked at the exchange rate that is getting to N367?

It is still a January matter for me. That may be the best time to pick the pieces.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
deepsuk:
will this shit hole market ever rise....

my losses are in billions and how much can i sell to get cashhh...

am contemplating suicide ....dec sometime

Take it easy please....Dont allow the pressure get to you! Speak to someone around you or consult an expert.

Suicide is not the solution

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
Mcy56:

It is well.

Are you sure you understand the message you quoted?
At times people are out to the wrong section.
It's easy for your fingers to hit investment instead of ROMANCE... grin
People don't talk about losses and value only in respect to shares.
Any business can be 'stocked'... angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2018
ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2018
stcool:

Take it easy please....Dont allow the pressure get to you! Speak to someone around you or consult an expert.

Are you a learner? She doesn't have a portfolio grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

So you think it will gain 10% in this bear?

Can it give me the volume I need in this bear? That is my only worry.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
Access Bank May Reduce Dividend Payment to Stay Afloat
https://businesspost.ng/2018/11/29/access-bank-may-reduce-dividend-payment-to-stay-afloat/

Zenith Bank Directors Panic Over Possible Loss of $100m
**As Debtor Files for Bankruptcy
https://businesspost.ng/2018/11/29/zenith-bank-directors-panic-over-possible-loss-of-100m/

Stock Market Analysis: Is 'Santa Claus' Rally Imminent?
https://businesspost.ng/2018/11/29/stock-market-analysis-is-santa-claus-rally-imminent/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2018
Mcy56:

All hail CP the seer! wink
You said it, only that fear is too much cos of the bloodshed in the market.
Let's see if this result will bring mini bull tomorrow. I hope someone like me go see buy sha cos I no trust all these "ghosts". grin

u might be right with the bolded. as it is now oyel have enter BULLISH levels on my chart. i am going for a buy now.

fcmb might be the luck one mkt is expecting. coincident happen sometimes

watching.....

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Just chill, you will get more than enough
Allow the euphoria of the result to die down, I don't expect it to last more than 1-2 days

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Are you a learner? She doesn't have a portfolio grin

Who can argue with the Mayor?
That means you have acquired her 'POTFOLIO' 100 percent... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Who can argue with the Mayor?
That means you have acquired her 'POTFOLIO' 100 percent... grin

Chai u ehn grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2018
DeRuggedProf:
Are you sure you understand the message you quoted? At times people are out to the wrong section.
It's easy for your fingers to hit investment instead of ROMANCE... grin People don't talk about losses and value only in respect to shares.
Any business can be 'stocked'... angry
Maybe y're right...... but the sound of that word 'Suicide' is scary irrespective of whatever.
It shouldn't even cross anyone's mind.
Truth is, some people are depressed and silently going through tough times and in dire need of someone to talk to, someone who listens and understand.
At the point of voicing out, people around them should not close their eyes and ears to such.
All is well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2018
DeRuggedProf:
Might be in other area, just like Prof said. Of course, the figures are exaggerated as well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2018
stcool:

So u believe he lost billions. Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2018
currentprice:
u might be right with the bolded. as it is now oyel have enter BULLISH levels on my chart. i am going for a buy now.
fcmb might be the luck one mkt is expecting. coincident happen sometimes watching..... grin grin grin
True!
..... the bolded though. Abeg invite your other members to bring out their mattresses too, help us stop that red on the floor small. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4136) (4137) (4138) (4139) (4140) (4141) (4142) ... (7822) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ofp1, Damopekemi, Ades1, megawealth01 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.