Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,174 members, 7,845,856 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11007910 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4292) (4293) (4294) (4295) (4296) (4297) (4298) ... (7796) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 11:07am On Jan 29, 2019
grin my mcy how are you today?
Mcy56:

I guess so. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 11:11am On Jan 29, 2019
grin grin wake up
Mcy56:
I dreamt and saw FBNH at 10naira....... Yayira, come use DA analyze am for me abeg. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 11:12am On Jan 29, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:20am On Jan 29, 2019
Michael11stock:
grin grin wake up
grin grin grin
Make we still dey look, e fit not be now. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Plus10(m): 11:24am On Jan 29, 2019
Please guys each time I try to put a trade I see "order term? under it I see something like-good for one day,7days,10day,and 14days please what does it mean?
And under Price type, I see something like-market and limit. Please I am really confused with these terms please help explain them to me as I am a complete newbie in stock trading,thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 11:29am On Jan 29, 2019
Plus10:
Please guys each time I try to put a trade I see "order term? under it I see something like-good for one day,7days,10day,and 14days please what does it mean?
And under Price type, I see something like-market and limit. Please I am really confused with these terms please help explain them to me as I am a complete newbie in stock trading,thanks
1. For how long do you want your Buy Order to last (Time frame)e.g 1 day means at the end of today's market.
2. Do you want to buy at the prevailing market price (market) eg if you click market, you are buying at the current market price of that stock. while limit means to buy at your own specified price (limit)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:34am On Jan 29, 2019
Plus10:
Order term: The number of days you wanted to lock a particular order in.
E.g. If you want to buy Juli at 20k, you may place your order and choose the number of days you wanted it to remain locked-in until its filled. The order will cancel after the days are completed if it doesnt trade at your target price by the time the number of days expired.

Market & limit: It has to do with either you wanted to buy a particular stock at any amount its selling in the "market" OR
you wanted to buy at a particular amount.
i.e. Fidelity is currently 2.35, you may place your order at "limit" if your target purchase price is 2.13. Same goes for offer.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Plus10(m): 11:40am On Jan 29, 2019
kolaish:

1. For how long do you want your Buy Order to last (Time frame)e.g 1 day means at the end of today's market.
2. Do you want to buy at the prevailing market price (market) eg if you click market, you are buying at the current market price of that stock. while limit means to buy at your own specified price (limit)
Thank you Sir for your prompt response,I appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Plus10(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2019
Mcy56:

Order term: The number of days you wanted to lock a particular order in.
E.g. If you want to buy Juli at 20k, you may place your order and choose the number of days you wanted it to remain locked-in until its filled. The order will cancel after the days are completed if it doesnt trade at your target price by the time the number of days expired.

Market & limit: It has to do with either you wanted to buy a particular stock at any amount its selling in the "market" OR
you wanted to buy at a particular amount.
i.e. Fidelity is currently 2.35, you may place your order at "limit" if your target purchase price is 2.13. Same goes for offer.
Thank you Ma for the clarification,I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lmm4real: 12:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
I just mistakenly bought FCMB for 2.35 using Morgan, I thought I had ticked fidelity not knowing it was fcmb.
The thing is the transaction went through at that price, the equivalent of the transaction at 2.35 was deducted from my account, but the xalat that came to my phone showed that it was bought at the current market price 2.07, is this normal?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ekuu Market o

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2019
lmm4real:
I just mistakenly bought FCMB for 2.35 using Morgan, I thought I had ticked fidelity not knowing it was fcmb.
The thing is the transaction went through at that price, the equivalent of the transaction at 2.35 was deducted from my account, but the xalat that came to my phone showed that it was bought at the current market price 2.07, is this normal?
The alert you received is the correct transaction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2019
lmm4real:

Wait till end of the day to see what was deducted. Be rest assure the cost of fcmb ll be deducted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
onegentleguy:
Report reaching me from a very reliable source has it that CAVERTON OFFSHORE SUPPORT GROUP has secured and started out work on two(2) additional contract !!
The 1st is a new NPDC and AMNI contract which runs for a duration of 3 years to 2021.
While the 2nd is the renewal of the shell fixed wing contract which runs for a duration of 5 years to 2023. ...with an option for an additional 5 year extension.

The details of these contract lines and more shall be made public in due course.

NOTE: This is strictly for informational purpose only, and not a recommendation of any sought.
...due diligence should still remain ur 1st priority.

Report reaching me from a very reliable source has it that CAVERTON HELICOPTERS an arm which is wholly owned by the CAVERTON GROUP has acquired yet another aircraft(a new S76C++ helicopter)
The new line of aircraft will aide the support of the recent NPDC contract which runs for 3 years as stated in the post above.

I expect this company to beat their earnings of FY 2017 and deliver even more value to shareholders in FY 2018. ...and even more !!
This is also in line with a recent guidance from the group CEO, Mr Bode Makanjuola.
Only TIME will put things in their right perspective.

We continue to observe !!

NOTE: NOT to be interpreted as an investment advise. ...due diligence still applies as always pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
lmm4real:
I just mistakenly bought FCMB for 2.35 using Morgan, I thought I had ticked fidelity not knowing it was fcmb. The thing is the transaction went through at that price, the equivalent of the transaction at 2.35 was deducted from my account, but the xalat that came to my phone showed that it was bought at the current market price 2.07, is this normal?
The amount you purchased fcmb was right. It means though you wanted to buy at higher price (2.35) but there is a seller who's selling lower (2.07). Lower offers got sold first before the higher ones. Reason you got it at that price.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
wink cool Dont forget, with more acquisitions, comes more financing cost. as a plus, Election period brings extra income from vip helicopter charter.

onegentleguy:

Report reaching me from a very reliable source has it that CAVERTON HELICOPTERS an arm which is wholly owned by the CAVERTON GROUP has acquired yet another aircraft(a new S76C++ helicopter)
The new line of aircraft will aide the support of the recent NPDC contract which runs for 3 years as stated in the post above.

I expect this company to beat their earnings of FY 2017 and deliver even more value to shareholders in FY 2018. ...and even more !!
This is also in line with a recent guidance from the group CEO, Mr Bode Makanjuola.
Only TIME will put things in their right perspective.

We continue to observe !!

NOTE: NOT to be interpreted as an investment advise. ...due diligence still applies as always pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
lmm4real:
It usually happened and can happen to anyone, always check well before hitting the submit button. Sometimes one might want to buy more without knowing that he/she is in sell order, once you press, instead of buying you will end up selling the share you never intended to sell.
Or even not changing the price in the price column.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 12:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
chai its painful, from experience. na so i mistakenly sold over 5millions units of STI last year, after painstakingly accumulating the stock in tranches over a long period of time at higher price sef.
Chibuking81:

It usually happened and can happen to anyone, always check well before hitting the submit button. Sometimes one might want to buy more without knowing that he/she is in sell order, once you press, instead of buying you will end up selling the share you never intended to sell.
Or even not changing the price in the price column.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
jideflash:
na so i mistakenly sold over 5millions units of STI last year
You are just tying up your capital in STI unnecessarily. Dont know what you've seen in sti for now. Anyway, na you know wetin you see there. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
@DerrugedProf are you on ban?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
Mcy56:

The amount you purchased fcmb was right. It means though you wanted to buy at higher price (2.35) but there is a seller who's selling lower (2.07). Lower offers got sold first before the higher ones. Reason you got it at that price.
lmm4real:

@mcy56 is very correct !!

Here's what played out;
Globally, stock market platforms are configured in such a way that a LIMIT order(where u determine ur entry/exit price) automatically mirrors and switches to that of a MARKET order(where the market trade book determines ur entry/exit price) if and when ur limit price is >/= that of orders available at market for BUYS and </= that of orders available at market for SALES.
At N2.35 for FCMB, ur limit order was greater than that of market, so it will automatically mirror and switch to the orders at market(which are lower in price) until they are filled 1st, before ever it can capture that N2.35 price range.(depending on the quantity)
...what this means is that the X-alert message u got of trade execution at N2.07 is, and can only be the RIGHT one.

Btw, u may have made a mistake(as u said), but who knows... it just might actually be a blessing in disguise !!

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
Mcy56:
@DerrugedProf are you on ban?

Recuperating from woun-jury grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
Recuperating from woun-jury grin
LOL. It is well. Some of us get our various degree of woun-jury too. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
Mcy56:

You are just tying up your capital in STI unnecessarily. Dont know what you've seen in sti for now. Anyway, na you know wetin you see there. tongue

I don't know why my mind never welcome this Diamond/ Access deal, even to buy their stocks and keep it for a long time, my mind also don't welcome it. Anyway the insiders knows better. I will never go against my mind. For medium term both bank will not pay dividend, even if Access will pay, it will be a little and it will take them time to move up after their merger.
For now I prefer UBA and FBNH ahead of Access bank. UBA for sure, they will pay dividend, likewise FBNH will pay, and might even join it with bonus share, they are good in that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
Sterling selling above fcmb, wonders of NSE. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 1:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
@ Mcy, I sighted Nem at 2.31, any view about the price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Mcy56:
Sterling selling above fcmb, wonders of NSE. smiley

...with over 29 million units sold. Its been on a "flag and pennant" pattern since about August last year. Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Chibuking81:
@ Mcy, I sighted Nem at 2.31, any view about the price?
Lol. My boss na you I suppose ask o. shocked
Well, I think it depends on your investment objective but for now, its better to exercise caution.
The price has been stagnant for few days and we never smell result. Capital appreciation might still not be in sight.......my humble opinion sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
FCMB is seriously going down, 1.95 few minutes ago
4 million + bid against 20 million offer

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
Mcy56:

Lol. My boss na you I suppose ask o. shocked
Well, I think it depends on your investment objective but for now, its better to exercise caution.
The price has been stagnant for few days and we never smell result. Capital appreciation might still not be in sight.......my humble opinion sir.
Although I just ask, I am not a fan of insurance company.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4292) (4293) (4294) (4295) (4296) (4297) (4298) ... (7796) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rarry(m), bassEQ2000, bbduty and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.