Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10842094 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4585) (4586) (4587) (4588) (4589) (4590) (4591) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:56am On May 21, 2019
phemmie06:
Haba aunty, I am not a self centered person. Moreover large volume de scared me that is why I even prefer 10mb worth of data in a month
I didnt say you are self centred but I know you like them big na....big figures, fat account and all the bigs sha. grin
You don reach the AGM venue?
If you don reach, snap the audit committee members and upload the pic. I know I'll be able to identify Jideflash once I see his suit colour and STI logo. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:01pm On May 21, 2019
mendes911:
Remember what I told you about Morgan Capital (sometimes) not showing more than 100 bid lines. That might distort your readings.

Yes I did....but the figure displayed should at least be changing if any trading is taking place on the exchange. Anyway it's well.
Modified:
I saw what you're trying to say in Meristem site now.....but the recent 1.2M was crossed. Seems its only those tiny quantities that are passing thru the exchange.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:03pm On May 21, 2019
Coolcash1:
I noticed that too...Cross deals going on....Don't worry they will still come and beg us to buy from them and at that time we will price it like tomato and pepper... grin
Na so. Let them enjoy the fame and shakara while it lasts. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:09pm On May 21, 2019
deepsuk:
Caverton na thief company I dey shed tear fo d bros wey dey dere to cover wetin the thiefs wan do.
Abeg if u Carey prick make u dey ask am why their share price never climb 1 kobo above ipo price
U no fit abi no vlaha collect Lipton and siddon for corner
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:14pm On May 21, 2019
Jejebabaa:
Wow, Wapco is trading at 52 weeks low of 10.20 from 8 Euros or was it 80 naira.
Can someone tell me the fair value of this stock pls.

Fair price? For a company that their management is scared of releasing FY 2018 result, citing audit matters. LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 12:16pm On May 21, 2019
Mcy56:
GTB 13M bids against 1M+ offers.......the fugaz committee chairman leading by example already?? We're watching. tongue

Did anyone notice that the quantities of Mtn bids is not reducing despite the trading going on?

I thought i'm the only one seeing this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:24pm On May 21, 2019
edwardaigb:
I thought i'm the only one seeing this.
You're not.
Of concern is the ASI that MTN alone is single-handedly pushing up. This looks odd and I expect that SEC should have done something about it.
Does it means its share price and that of dangote cement will keep dictating the direction of the ASI/economy without any corrective measure taken?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:45pm On May 21, 2019
Retail investors getting small small now.... they should be given ultimatum within which they should make available the shares to the public. sad
The hoarding does not augur well for the economy at all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 12:56pm On May 21, 2019
Mcy56:
Retail investors getting small small now.... they should be given ultimatum within which they should make available the shares to the public. sad
The hoarding does not augur well for the economy at all.
How did u confirm this please because my cousin has been trying to get and he is not lucky despite bidding at market price daily. The only person that offered to cross to him was some people and the offer price is 300 naira per unit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:03pm On May 21, 2019
Jejebabaa:
How did u confirm this please because my cousin has been trying to get and he is not lucky despite bidding at market price daily. The only person that offered to cross to him was some people and the offer price is 300 naira per unit.
Could be seen on the bid table.
Why not advice him/her to go for value stocks that are close to their 52wks low instead?
The party might be rounding up by the time he gets or it gets to the 300naira, you may never tell.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:22pm On May 21, 2019
Jejebabaa:

If he is missing Sergei Mavrodi, let him proceed with the cross..... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 1:24pm On May 21, 2019
You guys have succeeded in Sinking WAPCO below...N10

grin grin grin

Meanwhile those hoarding MTN will soon get tired, we are waiting @listing price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:24pm On May 21, 2019
I pity the politicians throwing money into this stock now - N10.7bn worth traded.
"Anywhere bele face" investment.
Las las them go carry kaya. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2019
Those that are interested in mtn share will likely get it tomorrow or next, by them the pumpers will be dumping. The way they are sharing it today shows that it pumping strength is reducing, more dealings are recorded today in mtn than previous days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 1:33pm On May 21, 2019
So Caverton dividend just landed for dividend hunters. Na wa ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:39pm On May 21, 2019
EKUU MKT O

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:40pm On May 21, 2019
This Thomaswatt guy is just jejely doing his things with 100k to 300k daily. grin
Sir DeruggedProf, any idea who the guy is? lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:46pm On May 21, 2019
This MTN even brought calmness to Nsempa, as dey no kuku see buy, nobody to tell anyone say make dem no bad-mouth their stock. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:47pm On May 21, 2019
Mcy56:
This Thomaswatt guy is just jejely doing his things with 100k to 300k a day. lipsrsealed
Sir DerrugedProf, any idea who the guy is? grin

No idea, faulty parked cars need warming every morning to prevent the battery from running down, to prevent buyers from saying it has a knocked engine. You can even move it around the yard, but never venture out on a journey... grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rahjan: 1:50pm On May 21, 2019
Please help clarify. I held the shares of Newrest Asl from last year and opted for the buyout when delisting came up which I was paid. In the financial results of 2018, 20k dividend was declared. Since I wasn't paid the buyout money until after the qualification date, shouldn't I be entitled to the 20k dividend declared for 2018?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 21, 2019
https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/regulator-stockbrokers-differ-on-mtn-free-float-share-listing

The Guardian Business

Business News
Regulator, stockbrokers differ on MTN free float share-listing
By Helen Oji
21 May 2019 | 4:20 am

•As stockbrokers suspect manipulation
Capital market regulators have been accused of conniving with MTN Nigeria Plc to allegedly manipulate the performance of the telecom firm’s share price at the Exchange.

Specifically, they argued that by allowing MTN a free float of only 5.542 million shares admitted for trading at N90/share worth N498 million on Thursday, when it listed by way of introduction on The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), rather than unbundling all the units of shares in its holding, the managers may have unwittingly created a scarcity situation in the market.

Under the terms, “The free float requirement for companies on the Alternative Securities Market, ASEM, Board is 15 per cent of market capitalisation while 20 percent is prescribed for companies listed on the Main Board and also Premium Board is 20 per cent of market capitalisation or above N40 billion on the date the Exchange receives the Issuer’s application to list.”

Business

Business News
Regulator, stockbrokers differ on MTN free float share-listing
By Helen Oji
21 May 2019 | 4:20 am

•As stockbrokers suspect manipulation
Capital market regulators have been accused of conniving with MTN Nigeria Plc to allegedly manipulate the performance of the telecom firm’s share price at the Exchange.

Specifically, they argued that by allowing MTN a free float of only 5.542 million shares admitted for trading at N90/share worth N498 million on Thursday, when it listed by way of introduction on The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), rather than unbundling all the units of shares in its holding, the managers may have unwittingly created a scarcity situation in the market.

Under the terms, “The free float requirement for companies on the Alternative Securities Market, ASEM, Board is 15 per cent of market capitalisation while 20 percent is prescribed for companies listed on the Main Board and also Premium Board is 20 per cent of market capitalisation or above N40 billion on the date the Exchange receives the Issuer’s application to list.”

Besides, the Rule for listing by introduction has a proviso that: “The Exchange will from time to time determine the market capitalisation and free float requirement.”

Stockbrokers noted that due to the scarcity created by the number of shares available, MTN shares have already gained 21 per cent in just two trading sessions; from the N90/share it opened with on Thursday, to the N108.90/share at Friday close.

But the NSE, absolved itself of any wrongdoing, Sunday night, saying in an email response to The Guardian that MTN more than met the stipulated requirements for listing.

Head, Listings Regulation, NSE, Godstime Iwenekhai, explained that: “The total number of MTN shares in the hands of over 700 Nigerians who are not promoters, controlling interests, directors, etc that were unbundled upon listing is about 1.8 billion. When you convert this at the listing price of N90 per share, this translates to about N162billion which is more than the N40billion free float requirements for companies on the Premium Board.”
He further clarified that the “Free float refers to the portion of shares of a company that are in the hands of public investors as opposed to locked-in stock held by promoters, controlling-interest investors, or governments.”

The apex regulator; the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), when contact on the anomaly did not offer any new response on the development but rather referred the public to an initial statement made on MTN listing.
“The Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC can confirm that the application by MTN Nigeria to register their existing securities has been approved.

According to Acting Director General of SEC, Ms. Mary Uduk: “MTN sought to come to the market by way of an introduction and they wrote to the SEC last week requesting for approval to register its existing shares. That approval has now been granted.”

Notwithstanding the NSE’s response, analysts believe that because MTN investors lost value because of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) fine last year, this listing by introduction is designed to create a “value recovery” situation for them and pave the way for them to sell off their shares, after driving the price to the desired level.

Specifically, the Chief Research Officer, Investdata Consulting Limited, Ambrose Omodion, said: “Yes, the regulators claim to be protecting retail investors or encouraging their participation in this market are just paying lips service, because the shareholding structure of MTN Nigeria that holds the 23.92% are institutional and high net-worth individual investors that are using the Exchange to enrich themselves at the expense of retail investors that also want to be part-owners of the company.

“The 20% minimum free float is one of the listing requirements, but it seems to be a post-listing requirement since these companies are listed and given date to meet the minimum free float.

“With the tight holding structure and small float of MTN Nigeria, the existing shareholders of the company are making it difficult for new shareholders to buy. The high demand is currently causing problem at the Exchange because local potential shareholders would definitely buy the shares at a very high rate.

“ As we speak, seven banks had approved #200 billion loan facilities for MTN, which is not bad depending on what the company wants to achieve with that loan, coming two days after the listing. Does it mean that becoming a quoted company in Nigeria is one of the conditions to grant the facility? The urgent and speed at which the regulators approved the listing was something else.”

Similarly, another top stockbroker told The Guardian in confidence that: “The much-awaited listing of MTN Nigeria ended in anticlimax. On the day it was listed, no unit was released to the market. That caused a serious uproar. It is also suspected that most of the trading that subsequently occurred was cross deals that did not involve release to open the market. MTN has not met the minimum float to the investing public, hence their promise to do IPO very soon.”

Another stockbroker, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity said: “Yes, the original intention of MTN listing was to make the shares available for Nigerians. But they brought it, made the cross deal and crossed it to themselves, which is not right. Up till now, not even a unit is available for trading. Why listing the shares in the first place?

“They want to enjoy the price appreciation alone. The shareholders are holding the shares and waiting for it to appreciate to a certain level before they offload, which is not right. There are too many controversies, but it is just that it is already listed. They must make it available.”

Consequently, market operators also accused MTN Nigeria of deviating from their initial plan to encourage Nigerians to partake in their wealth creation process through the listing, as no single unit has been made available to stockbrokers to sell to their clients, who have been looking forward to investing in the MTN shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2019
MTN, DANGCEM and GTB gain 9.98%, 4.04% and 2.81%, and index rises by almost 3% despite other numerous grassroots stocks losing big.
All stocks are equal, but some are more equal than the others.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2019
Deadlytruth:
MTN, DANGCEM and GTB gain 9.98%, 4.04% and 2.81%, and index rises by almost 3% despite other numerous grassroots stocks losing big.

dont also forget that dangcem dividend qualification date is 3rd June 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 21, 2019
who r the people selling ... abi my eyes dey see double ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BMZK: 2:23pm On May 21, 2019
The more you look the less you see....
https://twitter.com/nsenigeria/status/1130605264032473090

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 2:26pm On May 21, 2019
@jideflash how did it go?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 2:26pm On May 21, 2019
PETERiCHY:

Most top shots are selling their blue-chip stocks at great loss just to have a bite of MTNN.and most of those funds ain't coming back.

Things will NEVER remain the SAME.

Wapco on full OFFER @#9:20k
Zenithbk spotted @#19:50k
Uba spotted @##5:95k
Access spotted @N6:00k
Fidelity @#1:66k
FCMB @#1:60k
You can add yours

MTN EVERYWHERE YOU GO.

Things will NEVER REMAIN THE SAME

PESSIMISTIC BARGAIN HUNTERS RIGHT NOW grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2019
BMZK:
The more you look the less you see....
https://twitter.com/nsenigeria/status/1130605264032473090

Technically, no rule has been broken.
They are playing the manipulative game masterfully.
Anyone who offers himself a sacrificial lamb, na your choice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 21, 2019
https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/regulator-stockbrokers-differ-on-mtn-free-float-share-listing

In a recent post, I made mention of an imminent burst with respect to MTN Nigeria.
I will not be surprised if the government constitute a probe panel to look into the matter. There is gross violation of our dignity and respect by few individuals, unpatriotic and heartless Nigerians who collaborated with MTN to reap us off.
Same way these individuals collaborated with MTN to move $8 B out of Nigeria economy illegally.
Buhari plan was to withdraw the License of MTN but coz of the outcried and uproared that greeted the matter and the potential devastating effects on Nigeria economy, he acted diplomatically which was commended.
Still d company has failed to realize that the illegallties they are perpetrating in Nigeria cannot be done in many parts of the world.
I expect the company to react and release 20% of the 20 billion on NSE for the patriotic people of Nigeria. You cannot be the issuer and be the trader at the same time.
This is basically what MTN is doing to the people of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 21, 2019
OakPearl:

Technically, no rule has been broken.
They are playing the manipulative game masterfully.
Anyone who offers himself a sacrificial lamb, na your choice.

Is it not NIGERIANS ? All those wey dey shout abt d scacity of MTNN ..If na dem get d shares will dey sale at N90

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2019
EKU dumping O! ... grin grin grin

Fidelity Ati FCMB
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:39pm On May 21, 2019
Deadlytruth:
MTN, DANGCEM and GTB gain 9.98%, 4.04% and 2.81%, and index rises by almost 3% despite other numerous [b]grassroots stocks [/b]losing big.

Make una nor tear my belle for here o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4585) (4586) (4587) (4588) (4589) (4590) (4591) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.