Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10912724 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4773) (4774) (4775) (4776) (4777) (4778) (4779) ... (7762) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 735i(m): 10:15am On Aug 19, 2019
Buy Dangcem... Aliko l will not cede (without a fight) most capitalized stock on the exchange to MTN
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2019
Nobody wants to talk today abi there is no market ni?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 11:06am On Aug 19, 2019
We seem to have more guests than viewing this thread than actual members.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:09am On Aug 19, 2019
PharmAlfred:
We seem to have more guests than viewing this thread than actual members.

Especially the witches

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2019
PharmAlfred:

Market is recovering.

So people wey dey inside bus dey read newspaper. When they get to Ore, they will talk as they eat. grin

For now face ya front grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2019
currentprice:
EKUUU mkt o

ekuu zenith result this week o

grin grin grin

Ati Access oo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
somebody that I can beat,I don't pray for help from God.
Bad! All help comes from above. A man can receive nothing except it be given from God.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
OK,I am aluta defending champion!we are going to displace badmus at that no1 spot!

It seems he is in a cash position all through. Because his portfolio has not moved in a long while.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2019
PharmAlfred:
Observation and silent prayer mode. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:33am On Aug 19, 2019
meshpips:

Regardless of it being a demo account and one in which the trader might need to increase his risk so as to outperform others, you should look very carefully at the parameters in summary :
Profit factor
Absolute draw down
Recovery factor
Win rate etc

Also kindly note the huge advantage of the leveraged nature of the currency market once the trader has precision.

The past winner of the stock trial did about 104% profit.

I have so far done over 1300% profit and the one month duration is not over yet.

I hope you now understand my sore distaste for an unleveraged asset class?

You guys should please stop pretending to be blind and say the truth unabashedly.

You will not tell us when you do over 1300% loss. That's the issue: selective disclosure. So, let everyone do what pleases them with the resources at THEIR disposal. That your sore distaste is pure honey to some other people; one man's food is another man's poison.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2019
Truly a demo is quite different from a real account. There are many risks I take on demo that I can not try in my real account. I have experienced that practically.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:51am On Aug 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Witches: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Especially the witches

Watch what you say.We are Here .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2019
Witches:

Witch wey fellow human come trade NSE for money, that one na witch.

Abeggiiiii

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
30k for zenith as expected, uba never announce sef the thing don dey pick race.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Especially the witches

Hahahaha. Oga Agba, abeg o. I thought we have stopped throwing stones here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Market is recovering.

So people wey dey inside bus dey read newspaper. When they get to Ore, they will talk as they eat. grin

The recovery seems one sided, (majorly Banking) ,probably due to announcement /expectation of interim div,still skeptical though,but vigilant.
Opportunities for rebalancing i see.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
Valueinvestor:

Think from 22nd ..maybe 20k
wish 25k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Market is recovering.

Okay. So they observing table manners. Let me wait for them to finish eating.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
Valueinvestor:

Kai. They should please borrow usain bolt shoe so DAT they can run faster!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
Krisuba:

Kai. They should please borrow usain bolt shoe so DAT they can run faster!!
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 12:40pm On Aug 19, 2019
Not surprised gtb is falling while zenith is rising,people dont have sympathy anymore these days.

Just as dividends dont lie.Dividend yield separates the grains from the chaff
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
[quote author=Witches post=81394646]

Èyin ìya agba! O wise & benevolent ones!!
Please by what % points will the ASI move up or down today? Also, can caverton give me enuf profits to buy a Porsché this year?�
I will put the 3 kolanuts at the òrità if u give me the right answers . �
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
onegentleguy:
@ Sir meshpips, reading thru ur posts here, I see why u have been criticized for what could've been helpful inputs.
The problem isn't that u don't talk sense. ...it is that ur talking seems to be chiefly defined by the one motive of wanting to make money off members.
Of course u can make money by getting acquainted with someone u meet here or anywhere else, but it has to come naturally, after building a reputation for competence and efficiency and a good foundation of trust in between.
2 of the persons I manage their portfolio are members here.

A persons VISION might be good, but once it is driven by personal motive and smeared with suspicion, their MISSION loses value and eventually dies in time.
When u pursue EXCELLENCE, success will almost always naturally follow. But 1st u need to be selfless to achieve that. ...and if u truly wish for that, then u urgently need to retrace ur steps.
It would also be nice if u'll learn to properly sieve ur post to exclude certain clauses that could paint u in bad light, before putting them up here.

There are lots of persons who have contributed a lot to this platform. Perhaps even much more than u can ever imagine.
The things u've put up here aren't entirely new. Take my word for it; there are folks here that are more than well rounded in them.
This platform is full of very smart fellows who are distinctive in various professional facet of life, so it'd be out of place for one to assume that u need them less than they need u.
The reason for the seeming attack on ur person by some fellows here is because ur pathways seems to distract from the real aim of this forum. ...we are all here to help each other.
I sense u may not really have bad intentions. Unfortunately though, ur actions and inactions have painted u that light. ...that is what u need to change.
Of course, u can keep up with ur contributions, but change ur pathways.
How? Just rework ur mindset on why u are here, and be SINCERE at doing that.

Just a candid piece of advise my dear.

Regards.
onegentleguy:

Let me try to help;

By my definition, the volume weighted average/adjusted price(WVAP for short) of a stock is an entry-exit trading tool used to estimate the average price of a stock, when benchmarked against its total trading volume.
The idea is to relate the average price of a coy over its cumulative volume but within an adjusted timeframe, with a view to spoting the best entry/exit target.
While it is not an end result in isolation, it can be a helpful tool, particularly for traders.(intraday trading)

One of the greatest advantage of using the VWAP is that it helps u know if ur overpaying or underpaying for a coy/asset.
Apart from given u a clue with when to buy/sell a coy, it can also help indicate the bearish or bullish stance of a coy, its sectoral view and by extension the mkt at large.
I also think its a much better technical tool to predict price direction than MA(moving averages)

Mathematically, VWAP= (Tp + V)/Cv
Where Tp is the typical price of a coy in a given trade day = mean/average of(day high + day low + closing price).
V= volume, while Cv= cumulative volume.

I would've given a rough computation of the VWAP for FCMB today, but i'll leave that for Sir meshpips to highlight. ...since he has a great and more effective tool(matastocks) for it.

NOTE: Even with all its merits, the VWAP or any other similar trading tool should never be used in isolation.
Why?
By default, the VWAP usually resets back to 'nautral' with the opening of each trading day. ...so what(according to vwap) may have been a fantastic entry/exit today could turn out to be a lousy one tomorrow. Especially if the said security is fundamentally unhealthy or if there is a significant news that can impact the price either negatively or otherwise.
So it's ALWAYS best to season ones investment STRATEGY with the RIGHT MIX of a combination of diverse effective technical and fundamental analytical tools.

Salah.
RabbiDoracle:

It is a very easy exercise that you even do when you buy stocks.

Onegentleguy was the first to reply him on the price adjusted volume modelling and even said that the model can't be used in isolation(a limitation).

Even most of use that use FA can't use just one metric(PE) without combining it with lots of other parameters.

At least this can put the issue of his 'almighty formula' to rest knowing that we know what he knows but na money we all just dey find.

@ Sir Oracle, I believe u have done enough justice to this meshpips guy.
Some of us know more than enough of these things. ...and I did highlight that while advising him in the 1st post above. It's rather unfortunate that he is yet to change his pathways.

While I wouldn't say that he lacks the basic knowledge of the statistical application of price modelling with the valuing of an asset, I would say that he seems not to understand that even the best modelling is only but an extrapolation which relies on a FORECAST or projection.
...and if that is the case, it would be tomfoolery to adjude such estimate or any forecast for that matter(including the so-called VWAP modelling), as a CERTAINTY !! Some of us had to learn this the hard way.
Infact with the stock market, the only certainty with attempting to forecast/project with certainty, is that of an event whose probability of rate of success drifts closer to zero as the key tool or variant considered reduces, but never gets to 1 even with the best combination of tools/variants.
The interpretation of this is that with valuing any given asset, the probability of success can ONLY be INCLUSIVE but not DEFINITIVE !!

I have always said that NO one tool(FA, TA, SA...) should be used in isolation. Even with each tool, it makes sense to combine several variants as a COLLECTIVE to achieve optimum result !!(note the use of the phrase; optimum result... and not certainty)

Unless u are some sought of semi-god or maybe 'the man who sees tomorrow', NO one method of pricing/valuing an asset defines a CERTAINTY.
There are 3 points to note here;

1) Every FA is the plausibility of weighing in on the inherent VALUE of an asset by looking out for a safety margin that's good enough to impact positively on its price after adjusting for risk.

2) Every TA is basically a probability ratio of whether(given past events), the share price of an asset is likely to rise or fall over a given timeframe.

3) While every SA is the degree or extent to which the FA and TA valuation of an asset can DRIVE its price in line with economic realities and market trend at the time.

Over time, I have learnt that all 3 input must work as a collective if one desires to WIN more and lose less in the stock market.
It's very Important to understand how to strike a proper balance between the 3 of Fundamental, Technical and Sentiment analysis.
In principle, Fundamental Analysis gives u KNOWLEDGE to the WHAT, Technical Analysis gives u DISCERNMENT on the WHEN while the market sentiment at the time gives a SMART investor the clue on HOW to go about it.
Of paramount Importance is the 1st, because it tells u WHAT to buy.
...remember; u need to know WHAT to buy before ever u can even consider the WHEN and HOW to go about it.
That was why our dear meshpips couldn't get it right on UACN with his price projection model.(also see the 'note' with the 2nd post above)
The KEY lies in equipping oneself with the words in between... KNOWLEDGE, DISCERNMENT and SMARTNESS.
...once u can do this, u are on ur way to becoming a WINING INVESTOR !!
Worthy of mention is the nugget;

"If u want to KNOW if u can SUCCEED in the stock market, then 1st find out where u fall in between SMART, INTELLIGENT and DISCERNING.
...but remember that the market has been CONFIGURED to have and work with all 3 attribute as a collective."
~Sinclair

The degree to which the 3 method used is able to accurately utilize these inputs, determines how successful one can be with them.

@meshpips, I think it would nice if u could start combining several key tools/variants while attempting to value an asset. ...and even nicer, if u could hasten to the advise in the 1st post above. Again, it will do u a whole lot of good !!

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
I read the above post and stopped at tomfoolery
I cannot come and get grammatical headache on Monday morning

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2019
onegentleguy:

@ Sir Oracle, I believe u have done enough justice to this meshpips guy.
Some of us know more than enough of these things. ...and I did highlight that while advising him in the 1st post above. It's rather unfortunate that he is yet to change his pathways.

While I wouldn't say that he lacks the basic knowledge of the statistical application of price modelling with the valuing of an asset, I would say that he seems not to understand that even the best modelling is only but an extrapolation which relies on a FORECAST or projection.
...and if that is the case, it would be tomfoolery to adjude such estimate or any forecast for that matter(including the so-called VWAP modelling), as a CERTAINTY !! Some of us had to learn this the hard way.
Infact with the stock market, the only certainty with attempting to forecast/project with certainty, is that of an event whose probability of rate of success drifts closer to zero as the key tool or variant considered reduces, but never gets to 1 even with the best combination of tools/variants.
The interpretation of this is that with valuing any given asset, the probability of success can ONLY be INCLUSIVE but not DEFINITE !!

I have always said that NO one tool(FA, TA, SA...) should be used in isolation. Even with each tool, it makes sense to combine several variants as a COLLECTIVE to achieve optimum result !!(note the use of the phrase; optimum result... and not certainty)

Unless u are some sought of semi-god or maybe 'the man who sees tomorrow', NO one method of pricing/valuing an asset defines a CERTAINTY.
There are 3 points to note here;

1) Every FA is the plausibility of weighing in on the inherent VALUE of an asset by looking out for a safety margin that's good enough to impact positively on its price after adjusting for risk.

2) Every TA is basically a probability ratio of whether(given past events), the share price of an asset is likely to rise or fall over a given timeframe.

3) While every SA is the degree or extent to which the FA and TA valuation of an asset can DRIVE its price in line with economic realities and market trend at the time.

Over time, I have learnt that all 3 input must work as a collective if one desires to WIN more and lose less in the stock market.
It's very Important to understand how to strike a proper balance between the 3 of Fundamental, Technical and Sentiment analysis.
In principle, Fundamental Analysis gives u KNOWLEDGE to the WHAT, Technical Analysis gives u DISCERNMENT on the WHEN while the market sentiment at the time gives a SMART investor the clue on HOW to go about it.
Of paramount Importance is the 1st, because it tells u WHAT to BUY.
...remember; u need to know WHAT to buy before ever u can even consider the WHEN and HOW to go about it.
That was why our dear meshpips couldn't get it right on UACN with his price projection model.(also see the 'note' with the 2nd post above)
The KEY lies in equipping oneself with the words in between... KNOWLEDGE, DISCERNMENT and SMARTNESS.
...once u can do this, u are on ur way to becoming a WINING INVESTOR !!
Worthy of mention is the nugget;

"If u want to KNOW if u can SUCCEED in the stock market, then 1st find out where u fall in between SMART, INTELLIGENT and DISCERNING.
...but remember that the market has been CONFIGURED to have and work with all 3 attribute as a collective."
~Sinclair

The degree to which the 3 method used is able to accurately utilize these inputs, determines how successful one can be with them.

@meshpips, I think it would nice if u could start combining several key tools/variants while attempting to value an asset. ...and even nicer if u could hasten to the advise in the 1st post above. Again, it will do u a whole lot of good !!

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
Df 14% to go!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
On a side note, I read with amusement the many outcry of a likely stock market Armageddon from some members here.
Well, I have learnt that such outcry are a pivotal part of what makes for the dynamic nature of the market !!
Simply put, we need such outcry and maybe more to help 'rake down' juicy assets to juicy destinations. wink cheesy grin

Like I always tell folks;

Only a market player without a working STRATEGY will hate them bears. ...It is not for NOTHING that both bears and bulls make money, while p... gets slaughtered !!

A very good afternoon to u all.
It's always a pleasure to be in the midst of u fine people !!

Cheers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4773) (4774) (4775) (4776) (4777) (4778) (4779) ... (7762) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MysTeerioz(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.