Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,547 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10919517 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4775) (4776) (4777) (4778) (4779) (4780) (4781) ... (7765) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2019

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Actually showing an inverted hammer which could be a reversal (at least for now)
Where is BBM?
...I dey your back sir. Still early to decipher the weekly & monthly candle!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
veecovee:
This temptation get as it be ooooh. Do I sell dangflour at this point and buy some of these stocks that bear has wounded their prices, or would they out run my reach by the time dangflour registrars credit my bank account

I'm just confused. Can anyone advice?
Dangote flour is a stock that got to where it is now by chance(sentiments) and definitely not fundamentals,i guess most people know this,and it's almost at its peak.This present bear doest look like its going to last forever,therefore selling partial position in dangote flour ,in order to key into some good but battered stock would not be a bad idea.At least,the peak of such stocks are yet to be known.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2019
BullBearMkt:

...PASTOR! Why the confusion? 1 Tim 6:6 = But godliness with contentment is great gain.
Just a joke Pastor cheesy

DISCL: I am still in the bus o
grin grin grin grin grin

grin Yes I'm contented, and that's why I'm not into yahoo yahoo.

Maximizing my opportunities is not sin beloved.

Well, since you are still there, let me keep thinking about it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2019
owoblow77:
I read somewhere that you could start buying if there are at least 3 days of more than 2% gain in the ASI, in a week. The pattern should repeat the following week. However, you need to discount for Dangcem & MTN. It signals that there is an inflow of substantial (foreign) funds into the market! Then u can start to think of pouring in cash. Even Zenith , I believe, has not done 2% daily, in the last 1 week, except today (Mondays I think are generally bullish). Overall, the ASI is still trending down wards. Personally, I will wait. How long a "waiting period" is, can only determined by the market.

There are too many theories to profit from NSE out there. Non works on a consistent basis. Sometimes its just pure chance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
see what obinnwane caused? so many people deleting their nairaland handles for fear of FBI.we no dey go anywhere!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
veecovee:
This temptation get as it be ooooh. Do I sell dangflour at this point and buy some of these stocks that bear has wounded their prices, or would they out run my reach by the time dangflour registrars credit my bank account

Seek spiritual guidance grin grin grin. No pun intended.

I am on the same exercise about a banking stock that is in the money for me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
see what obinnwane caused? so many people deleting their nairaland handles for fear of FBI.we no dey go anywhere!

Are you accusing 333 of partnering with InvissibleObi?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
TLAX:

Seek spiritual guidance grin grin grin. No pun intended.

I am on the same exercise about a banking stock that is in the money for me.

I didn't get the last line
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Witches: 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
veecovee:

U Don see where candle dey challenge fire?

Nna, but some people ehhhh! ... to choose "witches" as moniker.

Anyway, ... Let them be aware that we are here too! embarassed

Pastor You have a Spiritual Wife & Spirit of Greed , We do not Torment Our Own.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
".....as if this weren’t bad enough, Terry and Brad also examined the performance of a group of accounts where you need your spouse’s permission to trade. Those men who needed their wives ’ permission to trade outperformed the single guys. Unfortunately, those women who needed their husband’s permission to trade underperformed the single women. So not only are men bad traders, they are a bad influence as well."

James Montier in "The Little Book of Behavioral Investing: How Not to be Your Own Worst Enemy"

No Wonder the ladies here are in hot demand. I better get closer.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2019
veecovee:

I didn't get the last line

I also have a banking stock that is still in very good profit even at current price and I am wondering if I should sell and reinvest the money in other stocks. In the case of this stock I do not really believe it will drop much 'cos it has bucked the trend since last year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
Witches:

Classic oooo.

Please take him and go.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
veecovee:

Herein lies the answer to ur question;

If both were events, the chance of excelling thru ROI gains in one(DF) is a near certainty(approx 1 safe for a court order and stakeholders approval), while the other(keying into other stocks) is only but a 2-way event.
However, both events are still INCLUSIVE(has a 0-1 probability of occurrence)
Put differently, one event is closing in on a possibility(nearer to 1), while the other still follows a probability.
A person who decides to stick with DF understands that their chance of a positive ROI follows the path of an ACTUAL RETURN than an EXPECTED/LIKELY one. ...the same cannot be said of someone who keys into another stock now.

Make no mistake about it, onegentleguy is well positioned in the market and is still following thru with his strategy to buy more. So this is not saying that foregoing or trading DF to key into another healthy coy may not deliver better returns.
...I am only trying to remind u of the need to effectively juxtapose ur opportunity cost with ur choice and interpret what role the words POSSIBILITY and PROBABILITY can play with such choice before taking any decision.

If I were u, instead of exchange or sell down on a POSSIBILITY for a PROBABILITY, I'd rather source for more fund to key into the probability and wait out on the possibility. However, I will make sure to 'key into those probabilities with a higher chance of becoming a possibility.' A selection of very fundamentally sound coys with a higher chance of cap appreciation and dividend cashflow return.
That said, a lot will still depend on ur PERSONALITY(working strategy), INVESTMENT HORIZON and GOALS.

I wish u well in ur endeavour !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
onegentleguy:

Herein lies the answer to ur question;

If both were events, the chance of excelling thru ROI gains in one(DF) is a near certainty(approx 1 safe for a court order), while the other(keying into other stocks) is only but a 2-way event?
However, both events are still INCLUSIVE(has a 0-1 probability of occurrence)
Put differently, one event closes in on a possibility(nearer to 1), while the other follows a probability.
A person who decides to stick with DF understands that their chance of a positive ROI follows the path of an ACTUAL RETURN than an EXPECTED/LIKELY one. ...the same cannot be said of someone who keys into a stock now.

Make no mistake about it, onegentleguy is well positioned in the market and still following thru with his strategy to buy more. So this is not saying that foregoing or trading DF to key into another healthy coy may not deliver better returns.
...I am only trying to remind u of the need to effectively lay out ur opportunity cost with ur decision and interpret what role the words POSSIBILITY and PROBABILITY can play with the choice u make.

If I were u, rather than exchange or sell down on a POSSIBILITY for a PROBABILITY, I'd rather source for more fund to key into the probability and wait out on the possibility.
That said, a lot will still depend on ur PERSONALITY(working strategy), INVESTMENT HORIZON and GOALS.

Gracias bravo!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
*******For Those Interested in GTBank Half Year Conference Call*******

GTBank Plc Conference Call – 1H2019
The Bank will host a conference call for investors and analyst. The details of the calls are below
Date: Tuesday August 20th, 2019
Time: 1500 Hours (Nigerian Time)
You need to pre-register for the call
http://services.choruscall.za.com/DiamondPassRegistration/register?confirmationNumber=4620334&linkSecurityString=38328caae

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
Witches:

... they are always afraid of fire of the HOLYGHOST
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2019
****For those with interest in Guinness Nigeria Plc conference call for Full Year results. The results are yet to be released but should be out on or before conference call date*****

Guinness Nigeria Plc Conference Call – FY2019
You are invited to join Baker Magunda, MD/CEO Guinness Nigeria and members of the Executive team on the investors/analysts call to discuss in detail our F19 full year results.
Call details are below:
Title : Investor Conference for Guinness Nigeria - FY19 Full Year Investors Call
Date : Thursday, August 29, 2019
Time: 14:00 – 15:30 (WAT)
Participant dial in: +44 (0) 20 3003 2666
Password : GuinnessNG

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Stockbroker Blames Buhari for Recent Decline in Stock Market
https://businesspost.ng/2019/08/19/stockbroker-blames-buhari-for-recent-decline-in-stock-market/

Zenith Bank Grows H1 2019 Earnings by 2.92% to N331.6bn
https://businesspost.ng/2019/08/19/zenith-bank-grows-h1-2019-earnings-by-2-92-to-n331-6bn/

Who other countries go blame na? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2019
TLAX:

Who other countries go blame na? grin grin grin

Trump
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
caverton o....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 8:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
[quote author=Coolcash1 post=81409489]caverton oo!!

Oga what did you see??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2019
The peak of Dangote Flour is already decided, N24. if anyone sells now to buy other stocks that have potential of going up in the next 6 months, that will be a good idea. When one is not even certain when the N24 will be paid.
onegentleguy:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Topson88: 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
I need your advice pls. I plan to invest 200k in shares,i bought 100k worth of shares including zenith, access, fcmb and uba. I kept remaining 100k to double each stock by November or when stocks fall to their minimal level. I am now tempted to buy gtb instead of doubling initial amount of stocks bought. What do you think please. Thanks in advance.
N.B am a greenhorn in this area..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2019
DOLLARTEX:

Yes nah yahoo guys must delete nah, if one is not a fraudster why should I delete my nairaland account? A sinner is running when no one pursue him!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:01pm On Aug 19, 2019
aremso:

Yes nah yahoo guys must delete nah, if one is not a fraudster why should I delete my nairaland account? A sinner is running when no one pursue him!

Are you calling 333 yahoo? Apostle must hear this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Are you calling 333 yahoo? Apostle must hear this

Oga me I no call any one yahoo oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 12:20am On Aug 20, 2019
rebekah2011:
The peak of Dangote Flour is already decided, N24. if anyone sells now to buy other stocks that have potential of going up in the next 6 months, that will be a good idea. When one is not even certain when the N24 will be paid.
Kudos brother,
The stock market is filled with, pessimist,optimist,and realist. It's obvious where you belong sir.(REALIST)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:28am On Aug 20, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4775) (4776) (4777) (4778) (4779) (4780) (4781) ... (7765) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dapix, dangle, rebekah2011(m), kolaish(m), vacanci, BullBearMkt(m), Curiouscity(m), IHelp, leparj(m), eziokwunwoko(m), Jats2k2002, ernie4life(m), ositadima1(m), kaykehin, debeey87(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.