Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10871743 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4810) (4811) (4812) (4813) (4814) (4815) (4816) ... (7749) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:37am On Sep 02, 2019
Someone should buy HoneyWell Flour mills na. Is it only Dangote flour that is existing?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:00am On Sep 02, 2019
PharmAlfred:
Someone should buy HoneyWell Flour mills na. Is it only Dangote flour that is existing?
Don't worry, Dangflour will soon cease to exist. Dangflour visa don almost ready
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:15am On Sep 02, 2019
At the rate UBA is moving, there is quick money in FBN at N4.75.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2019
emmanuelewumi:
People take loans to pay their children's school fees, house rent, buy cars, houses, start businesses, go on vacation etc

I see no reason why anyone with the cashflow can't take loans to buy shares at this point in time.. Although it will wrong for one to take such loans, hoping to use capital appreciation of such stocks to liquidate the loan.

Emmanuel, if you say to quote you.."Although it will [be] wrong for one to take such loans, hoping to use capital appreciation of such stocks to liquidate the loan" the question is how then will she pay back the loan? Is it not the major catch for her going for such in the first place? i am just asking... undecided

Well, for me, it depends on two things; risk tolerance and strategy. If the risk appetite is high supported with good strategy there is nothing wrong going for the loan with the objective of achieving capital appreciation on the target share(s). However, to ease the loan incidence, repayment of the principal should be structured along cashflow lines with the lender.

My take.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2019
Coolcash1:

Emmanuel, if you say to quote you.."Although it will [be] wrong for one to take such loans, hoping to use capital appreciation of such stocks to liquidate the loan" the question is how then will she pay back the loan? Is it not the major catch for her going for such in the first place? i am just asking... undecided

Well, for me, it depends on two things; risk tolerance and strategy. If the risk appetite is high supported with good strategy there is nothing wrong going for the loan with the objective of achieving capital appreciation on the target share(s). However, to ease the loan incidence, repayment of the principal should be structured along cashflow lines with the lender.

My take.

It is easier and less stressful to pay from salary/cashflow because nobody knows when the bull will arrive. The more reason a high dividend yield stock is better to offset some of the 'cashcrunch'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

It is easier and less stressful to pay from salary/cashflow because nobody knows when the bull will arrive. The more reason a high dividend yield stock is better to offset some of the 'cashcrunch'

I think that's the idea i think. Offset the loan with your salary or other cashflows while waiting for the bull to return which will surely happen. You now make a killing with the capital appreciation on the large volume of units. Or keep and be collecting dividend (rent) like Oracle. Selecting the right stock to key into is key of course.

Personally I will be willing to take that risk.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2019
Coolcash1:

My take.

You pay loans from your cashflow and not from capital appreciation, because it is not certain. You get cashflow from your salary, dividends, profit, interest, rental income.

Taking a loan that your cashflow cannot accommodate is speculative and highly suicidal.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:55am On Sep 02, 2019
The words of an Elder. You are welcome back Sir. I would not mind borrowing money to buy Uba and Zenith at the junctions of N5.15 and N16 respectively. If my monthly cashflows will accommodate it, why will I not borrow it?
emmanuelewumi:

You pay loans from your cashflow and not from capital appreciation, because it is not certain. You get cashflow from your salary, dividends, profit, interest, rental income.

Taking a loan that your cashflow cannot accommodate is speculative and highly suicidal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Bottom line don't take loans to buy stocks. It never bodes well eventually...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2019
UBA Recorded 21% Increase In Profit, Declares Interim Dividend

Africa’s foremost financial organisation, the United Bank for Africa Plc had declared its audited half-year financial returns for the period ended June 2019, noting impressive increase across key performance indices as well as a vital contribution from its African subsidiaries.

In contempt of the increasingly random environment witnessed in some of its countries of operations, the pan-African financial institution delivered double-digit growth in its profit before tax as it rose by 21 per cent to N70.3 billion for the half-year to June 2019, up from the N58.1 billion recorded in the similar period of 2018, just as its profit after tax also improved to N56.7 billion, a 29.6 per cent growth compared to N43.8 billion achieved in the corresponding period of 2018.

The profit for the first half of the year translated to an annualised return on average equity of 21.7 per cent.

According to its results filed with the Nigerian Stock Exchange, UBA recorded a 14 per cent year-on-year rise in top-line, with gross earnings of N293.7 billion, compared to N257.9 billion recorded in the corresponding period of 2018.

Analysts said the performance emphasised the capacity of the Group to deliver strong performance through economic cycles in spite of the overall challenging business environment.

As of 30 June 2019, the bank’s total assets grew by 4.8 per cent, crossing the N5 trillion mark to N5.10 trillion. Its customer deposits also rose by 4.8 per cent to N3.51 trillion, compared to N3.35 trillion as at December 2018. This growth trajectory underscored UBA’s market share gain, as it increasingly wins customers through its revitalised customer service culture coupled with innovative digital banking offerings.

The bank’s shareholders’ funds remained strong at N542.5 billion, reflecting its strong capacity for internal capital generation.

In line with its culture of paying both interim and final cash dividend, the Board of Directors of UBA declared an interim dividend of N0.20 per share for every ordinary share of N0.50 each held by its shareholders.

Commenting on the results, the Group Managing Director/CEO, UBA, Mr Kennedy Uzoka said: “I am pleased with the half-year performance of the Group, having delivered 14 per cent growth in gross earnings and 21 per cent growth in profit before tax. Despite the subdued yield environment in some of our large markets, we achieved a nine per cent growth in interest income and defended the net interest margin.

“We also achieved a 39 per cent growth in our electronic banking revenues, as we broaden and deepened our digital banking play across Africa. Revenues from our remittance and funds transfer businesses grew 69 per cent and 53 per cent respectively. All these factors attest to the efficacy of our strategies and the resilience of our business model.”

He further stated, “I am very optimistic that the ongoing Group-wide transformation programme, will in the quarters ahead, enable the bank to deliver substantial operational efficiencies and best-in-class customer service, which will ultimately boost earnings.

“We sustained our asset quality with the NPL ratio down to 5.62 per cent, from 6.45 per cent as at 2018 full year. We will continue to adopt best practice standards to grow and manage the portfolio in the quarters ahead.”

Also speaking on UBA’s results, the Group CFO, Mr Ugo Nwaghodoh, stated: “We had a strong start in the year given the prevailing macroeconomic environment across our various markets.

“There is better diversification in profit contribution as our banking subsidiaries across Africa contributed 38 per cent of the profit before tax, whilst our recently repositioned UK business contributed four per cent. We expect this dispersion to continue, as the subsidiaries consolidate on their share of the various markets.

“I am particularly delighted that the key ratios are trending in the right direction. The net interest margin is trending upwards and will continue to improve as we responsibly grow the risk asset portfolio and realign the funding mix to lower our cost of funds.

“The cost-to-income (CIR) ratio trended down to 60 per cent with our focus on balance sheet and operational efficiencies which should enable us to deliver our medium-term CIR target. Capital adequacy ratio increased to 28 per cent, from 23.6 per cent in December 2018, providing a very strong buffer for asset growth.”

UBA, Africa’s global bank, was founded 70 years ago in Nigeria and today, operates in 20 African countries and in the United Kingdom, the USA and with presence in France. UBA serves over 17 million customers across the globe with more than 1,000 branches and touchpoints.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2019/09/02/uba-recorded-21-increase-in-profit-declares-interim-dividend/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
PETERiCHY:

They CLAIMED to purchased 75% stake at a whopping N66 per share from Ote$ where as in another newspaper publication they were pleading with their shellholders not to sell at subN20.

Last wk they saw their yeye stock was trading at N14 jejely heading to it N6 fairvalue the same set of crooks had emergency meeting and QUICKLY came up with another story of purchasing at N62 and some gullibles are jumping up angry

Most Nigerian CEO's are nothing but CROOKS,
I only WEEP for uninformed investors cry

I learnt from MORGAN CAPITAL that the BUNCH of CROOKS parading themselves as FORTE OIL board of directors have suspended their TAKE OVER BID planned grin

cc. CP aka CHIEF MONKEY HUNTER

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2019
PETERiCHY:

I learnt from MORGAN CAPITAL that the BUNCH of CROOKS parading themselves as FORTE OIL board of directors have suspended their TAKE OVER BID planned grin

cc. CP aka CHIEF MONKEY HUNTER
i think they are waiting for regulatory approval
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
Heishere:

Majority of employees and corporate executives who are earning millions of naira as dividends used loans to buy shares.

The new CEO of Zenith Bank increased his holdings by 30 million units in the last 12 months, he must have taken a loan to do that.

Kunle Alake increased his Dangote cement shares by over 2 million units in the last 9 months.

The most important thing is that you should not bite more than you can chew.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2019
Heishere:

Never take a loan to buy a personal car because it loses 20% of its value immediately you drive the car out from the dealer's shop.
But people still take loans to buy personal cars.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
@Peterichy must you copy names of MC staff as well? You should at least give them some privacy.
I wonder the extent this bad belle is going to take you. sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
Princkez:

So they don't know they will get regulatory approval b4 going public . Well like I said its all part of their plan to lure in more gullibles which they have succeeded .

As for BARGAIN HUNTERS we are patiently waiting at their N6:00k fair value
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Never take a loan to buy a personal car because it loses 20% of its value immediately you drive the car out from the dealer's shop.
I can relate well to this. Took a car finance loan to purchase a car of $28k (if i pay cash) but with car loan ended up paying $33k. I was shocked when i wanted to return the car to the dealer in 2016 with the hope of being transferred to another country. The dealer asked me to return the car and also add $8k to it, this was when i already paid cummulative amount of $13k already as loan. I decided not to return the car thereafter after seeing it as rip off. Fast forward to June 2019 when i wanted to make my car insurance and was shocked to discover that, the car was valued for $6700. Imagine a car of $28k cash in 2014 now valued for less than $7k in 2019 without any accident and scratch. Lesson learnt not to buy a new car in the interim especially when still hustling to achieve financial independence.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2019
I will not be surprised if the MTO units are increased to 50m or 500m
Princkez:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2019
Jejebabaa:

I can relate well to this. Took a car finance loan to purchase a car of $28k (if i pay cash) but with car loan ended up paying $33k. I was shocked when i wanted to return the car to the dealer in 2016 with the hope of being transferred to another country. The dealer asked me to return the car and also add $8k to it, this was when i already paid cummulative amount of $13k already as loan. I decided not to return the car thereafter after seeing it as rip off. Fast forward to June 2019 when i wanted to make my car insurance and was shocked to discover that, the car was valued for $6700. Imagine a car of $28k cash in 2014 now valued for less than $7k in 2019 without any accident and scratch. Lesson learnt not to buy a new car in the interim especially when still hustling to achieve financial independence.

That is how the capitalist economies operate, to keep people in perpetual debt. Meanwhile, if you request for the same $28k loan in cash, it's likely to take more stringent conditions
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

That is how the capitalist economies operate, to keep people in perpetual debt. Meanwhile, if you request for the same $28k loan in cash, it's likely to take more stringent conditions
Exactly what i am trying to do now. So many stringent conditions attached and so many paperwork sef to guarantee the loan in case of job loss. They are now asking me to fill a form that in case of job loss, my end of service benefit will be used to liquidate the loan.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Very silly people. I once tried to take a loan and I was told that my credit history doesnt tally. That I had not used any credit (credit card) for the past 1 year, hence I can't get the loan. This is meant to be a positive impact (layman opinion), that I don't depend on credit. Capitalist Economies will always expect you to owe and that's a policy I don't get to understand.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
PETERiCHY:

So they don't know they will get regulatory approval b4 going public . Well like I said its all part of their plan to lure in more gullibles which they have succeeded .

As for BARGAIN HUNTERS we are patiently waiting at their N6:00k fair value

You don see na..
and Morgan Capital just begin dey send out forms.. dem too no know
Smh

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mcy56:
@Peterichy must you copy names of MC staff as well? You should at least give them some privacy.
I wonder the extent this bad belle is going to take you. sad

Either you lean from OTHER's EXPERIENCE or you will learn the HARD WAY.

The CHOICE is YOURS.

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
But Peter this your 6 naira for FO ! Lol
Ridiculous !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

He mistakenly entered a heavy Ichimoku cloud and his personal Ichimoku pilot lost contact with the control tower.
Investigations are still ongoing.
Buhari ordered THE NAVY to search all clouds and produce him this month.... grin

Now I know he will never be found

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
sad sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
This is the kind of scenario you'll see that de.mented fellow, you better stay out of Peter's biz, cos by the by time he'll pounce on you, you'll run like you did the first time. Take this, you'll dey alright. tongue

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
TraDeRR:
But Peter this your 6 naira for FO ! Lol
Ridiculous !

In 2013 when the major manipulator (Ote$) was still in it traded #8 now that's he's out N5 to N6 is not far-farfetched.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
emmanuelewumi:
People take loans to pay their children's school fees, house rent, buy cars, houses, start businesses, go on vacation etc

I see no reason why anyone with the cashflow can't take loans to buy shares at this point in time.. Although it will wrong for one to take such loans, hoping to use capital appreciation of such stocks to liquidate the loan.

Not doubting you sir, but d average employee in our current Nigeria now is already servicing Hugh loans,and going by the nature of this market the stock u see juicy today can become juicier tomorrow and by my own simple calculation using a lump sum to purchase any stock now or using the cash flows one is meant to payback to the bank monthly to purchase the same stock will lead to nearly the same outcome just a marginal offset most probably by 15% in the amount of unit obtained............ The only gain therein will be in capital appreciation which is even more unlikely......I played that game previously in Wema.........Though it worked out for me , I don't plan to try it again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

I disagree. The principle is don't do 100% debt but max of 40% to 60% depending on the source of the loan.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2019
Eku market o, ati take over o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4810) (4811) (4812) (4813) (4814) (4815) (4816) ... (7749) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emndy(m), SetrakusRa(m), DaddyJapan(m), unite4real, ndept, Mpeace(m), Ginalex(f), dapix, ayufun, chuksnnaemeka, edwardaigb, kdaddy, Heishere, DUNKA(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.