Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,371 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11080579 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4925) (4926) (4927) (4928) (4929) (4930) (4931) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
BullBearMkt:
...Really Messy Today embarassed
Sorry guys, this has nothing to do with stock market!!!
I felt like boarding a public transport after soooo many years today, but as I got off from the last one - which happens to be "keke napep/marwa" I noticed that my body is a bit light. Checking my pockets, my phone (I tell you, it was my mobile office) could not be found.

Please, if I have your contact, take note & kindly don't respond to any "friendly request". It is definitely not from me.
grin grin grin grin grin

So sorry for the loss of your phone.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
chai! UBa forward PE 1.6

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
pluto09:

Good one from uba, though a reduction in performance q/q..

yes compare to Q2 but superb performance when compare to last year Q3

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
currentprice:

yes compare to Q2 but superb performance when compare to last year Q3

grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
rebekah2011:
First Bank figures have not been audited ooooooo. What are the fair values of Zenith bank and UBA

i have N22.5 for UBA could be N30 at year end . zenith not out yet

abeg na my own bedsheet fp o. brokers have theirs

but fp so much lower for all those banking when valued based on cash but still double the currentprices

grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
BullBearMkt:
I felt like boarding public transport after soooo many years today, but as I got off from the last one - which happens to be "keke napep/marwa" I noticed that my body is a bit light. Checking my pockets, my phone (I tell you, it was my mobile office) could not be found.

Please, if I have your contact, take note & kindly don't respond to any "friendly request". It is definitely not from me.
grin grin grin grin grin

Eyah, so sorry boss to hear about the loss of your phone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
Sorry bro

BullBearMkt:
I felt like boarding public transport after soooo many years today, but as I got off from the last one - which happens to be "keke napep/marwa" I noticed that my body is a bit light. Checking my pockets, my phone (I tell you, it was my mobile office) could not be found.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2019
Mpeace:
The way WAPCO dey fall these days eh. I just weak

https://thenationonlineng.net/sec-probes-lafarge-africa-over-alleged-abuses/amp/

This could be the reason
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

Bad day in the office.
They can only take your stuff, they can't take your brain.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
Later they will tell u that our 'foreign brothers'(FPI) have been avoiding the market, when in fact they have been gradually but surreptitiously trading their holding on the bourse. ...particularly in the last 2 months.
On a MoM(month on month) run, foreign portfolio participation in equity trading has more than doubled from approx 32.55% in June, to 66.77% as at September 2019. ...with YtD trx value surpassing that of the corresponding run of last yr.

Worthy of note is the fact that the month of August and September witnessed a net inflow(inflow to outflow) at the back of the highest MoM trx value in September(over 27% increament from August)

Even in the midst of all worries, these 'guyz' are aware that some healthy assets have been unfairly mispriced to levels where risk premium have been overtaking by the very juicy plausible ROI margins in them, and are now taking positions.

On a side note, the month of August which started out the positive with a net inflow from the FPI folks, is the same month that @ RabbiDoracle had posited as when certain stocks bottomed out. Could it be that he(@ oracle) is one of the FPI folks? wink cheesy grin
Again, the month after then(September) had also witnessed a net inflow... Could it be that the preceeding month (August) was indeed the bottom that Abga was searching for? Could it be that it(the bottom) has left him(@ Agba) behind? wink cheesy grin

We await the time of reckoning !!
I love the thing about that 'man' called TIME. ...for 'he' always has a way of setting matters straight and putting them in their right perspective !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2019
onegentleguy:
Later they will tell u that our 'foreign brothers'(FPI) have been avoiding the market, when in fact they have been gradually but surreptitiously trading their holding on the bourse. ...particularly in the last 2 months.
On a MoM(month on month) run, foreign portfolio participation in equity trading has more than doubled from approx 32.55% in June to 66.77% as at September 2019. ...with YtD trx value surpassing that of the corresponding period of last yr.

Worthy of note is the fact that the month of August and September witnessed a net inflow(inflow to outflow) at the back of the highest MoM trx value in September(over 27% increament from August)

Even in the midst of all worries, these 'guyz' are aware that some healthy assets have been unfairly mispriced to levels where risk premium have been overtaking by the very juicy plausible ROI margins in them, and are now taking positions.

On a side note, the month of August which started out the positive with a net inflow from the FPI folks, is the same month that @ RabbiDoracle had posited as when certain stocks bottomed out. Could it be that he(@ oracle) is one of the FPI folks? wink cheesy grin
Again, the month after then(September) had also witnessed a net inflow... Could it be that the preceeding month (August) was indeed the bottom that Abga was searching for? Could it be that it(the bottom) has left him(@ Agba) behind? wink cheesy grin

I love the thing about that 'man' called TIME. ...for 'he' always has a way of setting matters straight and putting them in their right perspective !!

Again, this is the best TIME to take position in the market. ...and I say that without an iota of doubt.
Prices have depressed beyond inherent risk levels and now offers feasible incentives(cap appreciation drive, div cashflow return) far above what u can get with similar asset plays in the global space.
Aside that, there are over a dozen other reasons !!

The KEY is to be SELECTIVE. ...permute ONLY from fundamentally healthy coys with 'a near 1 chance' of ROI boost, and avoid those with still high risk premium.

One of the reason why the market is a dynamic place is because risk premium is never equally distributed.
The interpretation of this is that while some stocks can offer good MoS margins to tap from, some others won't.
It's logical. ...that way, money can follow a pattern.

Personally, I analyse and recommend just a few stocks from everything in the bourse.
We only need to choose RIGHT !!

Enough said.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 3:15am On Oct 22, 2019
I downloaded the NSE report as well, and studied it. I never knew such reports existed, so I might make some mistakes in my analysis. A market manipulator could try to distort the market by making transactions, so I won't really focus on increase or decrease in volumes of transactions. Rather, I'd try to figure out what their 'net' intent is; are they leaving or staying? According to the table, there were only 2 months when the FPI money were net in-flows, which are August and September. In my opinion, it just shows that the net foreign out-flow has slowed down a bit.
The table does not provide much information to help understand fully, the 'intents' of domestic retail and institutional.
I have tried to avoid a repetition of points already highlighted by previous posters.
Tomorrow, I will visit my bank to liquidate part of my t-bills in the secondary market. It's time for me to start buying. Please, how can I get such NSE reports, at release?
It appears Rabbi's TA tools rightly 'captured' the bottom after-all.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2019
onegentleguy:
On a MoM(month on month) run, foreign portfolio participation in equity trading has more than doubled from approx 32.55% in June, to 66.77% as at September 2019. ...with YtD trx value surpassing that of the corresponding run of last yr.

Oga you dey make me laugh
First as a core FA person myself, I have always said this is a buyer's market meaning anyone who buys for medium to long term will make his profit
You have just done what I can call a 'tunnel-visioned' analysis.
Now I ask you, what is the difference between your so called 3-months that you fell in love with and Jan-Feb-March?
Have you also conveniently neglected the YTD comparison with 2018? What is your impression about that?
A stable nse will that we all know will record a consistent YTD 60-40 foreign-domestic participation which is so evident in the daily volumes of stocks
In a bull or near-bull, you would expect a consistent > 400million daily volume of stocks; in fact, during bulls it does > 600million daily volume of stocks consistently

Back to TA, you cannot separate the term 'bottom' from ASI, that has has been my debate; ASI has been making new 52-weeks low almost daily for many days now so no bottom in sight yet
Many of these banking stocks are within 5% of their August low
Give them only one Mendes-day and they will sink below it grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

First as a core FA person myself, I have always said this is a buyer's market meaning anyone who buys for medium to long term will make his profit
Now I ask you, what is the difference between your so called 3-months that you fell in love with and Jan-Feb-March?
Have you also conveniently neglected the YTD comparison with 2018? What is your impression about that?
A stable nse will that we all know will record a consistent YTD 60-40 foreign-domestic participation which is so evident in the daily volumes of stocks
In a bull or near-bull, you would expect a consistent > 400million daily volume of stocks; in fact, during bulls it does > 600million daily volume of stocks consistently

Back to TA, you cannot separate the term 'bottom' from ASI, that has has been my debate; ASI has been making new 52-weeks low almost daily for many days now so no bottom in sight yet

And one or two "Mendes-Day" I ask thy Lord to doeth for me.

Reactions to just released UBA and FBNH will provide more insight today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:42am On Oct 22, 2019
https://nairametrics.com/2019/10/21/foreign-participation-in-nigerias-equity-market/

The link above lends credence to some of my ealier assertions here.
A positive net inflow(more inflow than outflow) means they bought more than they sold.
...and if it came with an increased activity(participation) in trx vol and value, then of course u can say, YES, they are buying !!

Indeed the FPI folks have been gradually mopping up some stocks, while most media houses have been telling us the opposite.
This is where these 2 NUGGETS come in handy;

"If u desire to fair well in the stock market, then LISTEN to the 'songs' of the leader herds and analyst alike, but pay more ATTENTION to their dance steps.
...It's a good way to Interpret their 'lyrics and choruses', and an even better way to measure the 'rhythm and heartbeat' of the market."
~Sinclair

"In the stock market, SUCCESS is 1% what u have and 99% what u are.
...It's the product of what happens when u can continuously apply INSIGHT with running the race to EXCEL without let down."
~Sinclair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2019
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

Na Lagos abi... Lagosians. Sticky fingers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2019
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/27833_OKOMU_OIL_PALM_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2019.pdf

LOL.

No wonder they were scared of releasing the result and opted to release the dividend payout first. Though they have an improvement this quarter but Q1 still biting hard on them.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2019
owoblow77:
I downloaded the NSE report as well, and studied it. I never knew such reports existed, so I might make some mistakes in my analysis. A market manipulator could try to distort the market by making transactions, so I won't really focus on increase or decrease in volumes of transactions. Rather, I'd try to figure out what their 'net' intent is; are they leaving or staying? According to the table, there were only 2 months when the FPI money were net in-flows, which are August and September. In my opinion, it just shows that the net foreign out-flow has slowed down a bit.
The table does not provide much information to help understand fully, the 'intents' of domestic retail and institutional.
I have tried to avoid a repetition of points already highlighted by previous posters.
Tomorrow, I will visit my bank to liquidate part of my t-bills in the secondary market. It's time for me to start buying. Please, how can I get such NSE reports, at release?
It appears Rabbi's TA tools rightly 'captured' the bottom after-all.

U get sense well well !! wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

We wait to see if the August low(bottom) will repeat itself.
I don tell u say u go dey for inside water, soap go enter ur eye !! wink cheesy grin

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:50am On Oct 22, 2019
mendes911:

And one or two "Mendes-Day" I ask thy Lord to doeth for me.

Reactions to just released UBA and FBNH will provide more insight today.

I want more of uba and zenith....
Hopefully we can have just one mendes-day of 10% decline grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2019
pluto09:

May be difficult to get one mendes day.

If it happens then one mendes day beget another mendes day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2019
mendes911:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/27833_OKOMU_OIL_PALM_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2019.pdf

LOL.

No wonder they were scared of releasing the result and opted to release the dividend payout first. Though they have an improvement this quarter but Q1 still biting hard on them.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes"

Better than expected...
Very good performance in q3..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2019
pluto09:

One "mendes-day" is not about the percent drop ooo. I think Sir Agba was referring to those days of panic sales.

BTW, UBA result to me is superb and good!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2019
swilo:

May be difficult to get one mendes day.

If it happens then one mendes day beget another mendes day.

You mean 10% daily loss? I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2019
mendes911:

One "mendes-day" is not about the percent drop ooo. I think Sir Agba was referring to those days of panic sales.

BTW, UBA result to me is superb and good!

I understand....
I just want a 10% decline in uba and zenith to bring my average purchase price down....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2019
pluto09:

I understand....
I just want a 10% decline in uba and zenith to bring my average purchase price down....

You no dey ever buy finish? Kai, must be like you when I grow up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:09am On Oct 22, 2019
mendes911:

You no dey ever buy finish? Kai, must be like you when I grow up.

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:26am On Oct 22, 2019
BullBearMkt:
Sorry guys, this has nothing to do with stock market!!! I felt like boarding public transport after soooo many years today, but as I got off from the last one - which happens to be "keke napep/marwa" I noticed that my body is a bit light. Checking my pockets, my phone (I tell you, it was my mobile office) could not be found. grin grin grin grin grin
Sorry boss. I guess this happened in Lag. It must have been a welcome home stuff from the boiz. lipsrsealed
What's most painful is that you had lots of things stuffed up there....... sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2019
Q3 2019 results so far released:

The Good; GTB, UBA, FBNH, OKOMU OIL

The not-so-good; UCAP

I have since said that what is happening in the country's fiscal and monetary policy space(particularly the former) will favour the banks and certain coys in the CONSUMER(fmcgs) and PHARMACEUTICAL sectors.

Worthy of note is the fact that rates will likely push higher and remain above single digit in the short to mid term, as inflation bites following the government's increasing hunger for revenue drive to curtail its deficit and better manage its debt burden.
Inflation will also likely remain high with the recent stiff border enforcement/closure, increase in minimum wage and imminent top up in electricity, VAT and certain trx tariff.

When u juxtapose these 2 factors(rate to inflation drive), u won't be needing a soothsayer to tell u that banks will derive arbitrage gains therein.

There is a reason why the CBN governor declared that there are NO plans to reduce rates until inflation hits single digit at the last MPC meeting.

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2019
The guys packing GTB, hhmmm, by the time they'll make it scarce.......I hope retailers wouldnt be the pigs by then. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:36am On Oct 22, 2019
GTB !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2019
PETERiCHY:
Better start buying now coz it will make a lot of investors STINKINGLY RICH grin
Peter, a Promoter' of Oando (in Mpeace handwriting) ? shocked
Please tell us more reasons or what you know, although I know it can spring surprises .......but can we say its the right time to start looking its way?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4925) (4926) (4927) (4928) (4929) (4930) (4931) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), kaykehin and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.