Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,679 members, 7,865,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11089544 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4960) (4961) (4962) (4963) (4964) (4965) (4966) ... (7820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2019
Intendy:
Stocks with new 52 week lows

Champion breweries #1.00k

Gtb #24.90k

Oando #3.11k

Unity bank 0.54k

Stock with new 52 week highs

Consolidated hallmark #0.40k

Long list of 52wks low is an evidence of ..........

Oga intendy thank you for this great work.

Uche m di ya(my mind dey there)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
locodemy:

Long list of 52wks low is an evidence of ..........

Oga intendy thank you for this great work.

Uche m di ya(my mind dey there)

Soon all of una go calm, including Agba grin

This market will surprise all of you. Una go take plane dey chase the price!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Soon all of una go calm, including Agba grin

This market will surprise all of you. Una go take plane dey chase the price!

Safe landing o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
mendes911:

What exactly was Oracle and Agba's bet again? GTB has dropped below August low. Remaining Zenith.

At what point are we getting a winner for that bet?

Am entitled to 10% as person wey arrange this match ooo.

October closed bearish. I give that to Agba.
However, I have said that if these stocks gets to these August low, then the market is bearish to me.
GTB 25.7
UBA 5.45
Access 5.5
FCMB 1.41
Fidelity 1.40
All these were August low.

Once prices go below these, then the market is bearish to me.

GTB has already done 24.90. I will wait for others.

Don't you guys have eyes to look at charts or na only me dey see this reversal signs? I hope it is not benzene that I am seeing? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
To the Newbies if u have any spare funds to invest u can buy in bits ..if anyone tell you say he knows this NSE na lie o..Like my oga mi R.onifa earlier said buy good stocks the worst of it you go get dividends and if you re lucky price will appreciate to breakeven or make profit

Reminded me of high sch days when we relied on someone we believed sabi book pass us , u go ask himb4 exam did you read a particular topic he would tell u he didn't read that area , cos he said that then u decided not to read same topic ..In the exam hall you come see the question on that topic you no read .. u re screwed up ..After exam you saw him discussing with friends how he answered that questions on that topic boasting grin

Then u asked him oga shebi u said u no read that topic ..he would answer you ..ohh i just decided to read it the last mins to exam

All am trying to say is that do not trrust anyone , u will be surprised that those that re sayin bear bear are taking position small small..LETsmall bull come u go see how they will tell you it was last mins they made up my mind to buy this and that , even tell you they made a k-ll in the mkt

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

However, I have said that if these stocks gets to these August low, then the market is bearish to me.
GTB 25.7
UBA 5.45
Access 5.5
FCMB 1.41
Fidelity 1.40

Don't you guys have eyes to look at charts or na only me dey see this reversal signs? I hope it is not benzene that I am seeing? grin

It is not only you that is seeing the reversal....
The major issue is the timing...

Has the market turned the corner? No, not in my own opinion....
When will the market resume an upward trend? I sincerely don't know...
For now ,the market breadth is still bearish.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

GTB 25.7
UBA 5.45
Access 5.5
FCMB 1.41
Fidelity 1.40

I doubt it's "benzene" but I think you are using your "upper left mind" to read the charts. LOL.

Engine 104.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
lancee:
To the Newbies if u have any spare funds to invest u can buy in bits ..if anyone tell you say he knows this NSE na lie o..Like my oga mi R.onifa earlier said buy good stocks the worst of it you go get dividends and if you re lucky price will appreciate to breakeven or make profit

Reminded me of high sch days when we relied on someone we believed sabi book pass us , u go ask himb4 exam did you read a particular topic he would tell u he didn't read that area , cos he said that then u decided not to read same topic ..In the exam hall you come see the question on that topic you no read .. u re screwed up ..After exam you saw him discussing with friends how he answered that questions on that topic boasting grin

Then u asked him oga shebi u said u no read that topic ..he would answer you ..ohh i just decided to read it the last mins to exam

All am trying to say is that do not trrust anyone , u will be surprised that those that re sayin bear bear are taking position small small..LETsmall bull comes u go see how they will tell you it was last mins they made up my mind to buy this and that , even tell you they made a k-ll in the mkt

Of course once the market is ripe, guys will hop in. Are you a learner?

Agba even mentioned earlier that he prefers to average up rather than average down. Everyone should form and stick to what works for the person. No go do follow follow!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
mendes911:

Of course once the market is ripe, guys will hop in. Are you a learner?

Agba even mentioned earlier that he prefers to average up rather than average down. Everyone should form and stick to what works for the person. No go do follow follow!

Oga i no be learner ..I wrote/spoke in coded words
Those wey get my words don get my words
Benni ..what works best should be stuck with
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
lancee:

Oga i no be learner ..I wrote/spoke in coded words
Those wey get my words don get my words
Benni ..what works best should be stuck with

Chief, "that learner" part was a joke. Don't take it literally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2019
mendes911:

Chief, "that learner" part was a joke. Don't take it literally.

I got u brv..never took it serious ..if u know me on the forum I just make my jokes grin and we all make the money as well ..No time to fight or Argue
I just shared my opinion with the newbies ..I was once a victim of my story when I started Smn yrs back

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
mendes911:

I doubt it's "benzene" but I think you are using your "upper left mind" to read the charts. LOL.

Engine 104.

Ihiagwa man grin

E be like say na you I dey always see dey sleep for hostel C. No ask how I take dey see you grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
I had a broker who is no longer in operation...Resort Securities and Trust Limited...how do i retrieve my stocks from them? How do i transfer the stocks to another broker?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Ihiagwa man grin

E be like say na you I dey always see dey sleep for hostel C. No ask how I take dey see you grin

Am not ashamed to admit I was once a "porter" in hostel C. You wey come dey sleep there, you be woman? LOL.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
pluto09:

It is not only you that is seeing the reversal....
The major issue is the timing...

Has the market turned the corner? No, not in my own opinion....
When will the market resume an upward trend? I sincerely don't know...
For now ,the market breadth is still bearish.....

Market can be tricky at times with price hitting lower lows and another 'control' tool keeps pointing that it is a super bullish call.

I know it can't keep falling forever. It must obey the law.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
mendes911:

Am not ashamed to admit I was once a "porter" in hostel C. You wey come dey sleep there, you be woman? LOL.

grin grin I be papa Okey!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
lancee:

All am trying to say is that do not trrust anyone , u will be surprised that those that re sayin bear bear are taking position small small..LETsmall bull comes u go see how they will tell you it was last mins they made up my mind to buy this and that , even tell you they made a k-ll in the mkt

You can't go wrong when you buy a stock and you are satisfied with the dividend yield you get (usually minimum of 10%). This gives a consistent cashflow irrespective of the direction of the market.

Nonetheless, it is also good to look at technicals to know when to buy lower and look for points of reversals.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
mendes911:

During my time back in day, we used to call them car washers. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
bigjay01:

During my time back in day, we used to call them car washers. grin

SLT students like me no fit be "car washer". Wetin we come gain for university when we knew there was no degree in sight.

Na SEET guys like you and Oracle were washing cars, na we SLT and SAT were driving the cars.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

You can't go wrong when you buy a stock and you are satisfied with the dividend yield you get (usually minimum of 10%). This gives a consistent cashflow irrespective of the direction of the market.

Nonetheless, it is also good to look at technicals to know when to buy lower and look for points of reversals.

U re right those re some of the factors be considered as well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2019
onegentleguy:
I've received a couple mails and request(on social media platforms) asking for my take in the company, OANDO.
This analytical highlight is just a fellow-up to my several review of the coy and my take on it in times past.

A brief;

The more I look @ the recent spate of financial print of OANDO, the less convinced I am on whether there's any value in it.
In my view, the coy appears to be a VALUE TRAP !!(a company with a seemingly attractive valuation, but which should be avoided) ...especially, where there are far better alternatives to choose from.
How? ...u may ask.

Well, one way to investigate that will be to utilize the PIOTROSKI F-SCORE (a valuation technique used to detect value trap) to estimate and guage the level of true valuation that can be tapped therein. ...before adjusting it accordingly for risk.
By convention, the PIOTROSKI F-SCORE is pegged on a scale of 0-9. ...The true valuation strength of a company increases as the score increases and vise versa.
A score of 9 connotes a very healthy/attractive valuation, while a score of zero connotes a possible value trap.

1st, scale the coy using the formula/rating criteria for piotroski f-score;

1) RoA(a measure of a coys net income benchmarked against its total asset)> 0,
2) change in RoA(on a YoY or QoQ comparison)> 0,
3) CFO(inflow from operating activities)> 0,
4) CF> RoA,
5) Asset turnover(a measure of how efficient a coy generates revenue from its asset)> 0
6) Change in liquidity(compared YoY or QoQ)> 0
7) Gross margin(a measure of what % of fund from revenue is left after accounting for CoS or how gross profit compares to revenue generated over time)> 0
8] Stock issuance(with the accounting period in view)< 0
and
9) Long term debt to asset(a measure of a coys financial risk weighting)< 0

Then compute the company's FVE using their most recent financial print and adjust it further for RISK in line with their piotroski f-score.
As a guide, the lower the score, the higher the risk premium u should attach while estimating FV. (i.e an X deviation from the total score should attract a corresponding X% added risk premium... where X represents the No of score not met)

As a way of raking down risk, a score of less average/below 5 (i.e meeting less than 5 out of the 9 criterion above) should be avoided or put under further intense scrutiny.
...and where u see a score of zero or near it, 'RUN with ur 2 legs touching ur back' and ask questions later !!

This has been one of my guide to mitigating investment RISK and why I advised some folks to sell off their OANDO when it was selling for well over N30 a few yrs ago. ...and LARFAGE WAPCO when it was selling for near N50 !!
WAPCO has now improved on its financial health though, and 'back in the good books of piotroski'.

Bottom line: 'Mr Piotrosk doesn't seem to like' OANDOs financial Nos. ...it thinks its a value trap. Well at least for now, until things change. Again, OANDO also has a relatively low ALTMAN Z-SCORE.
There is a reason why the stock price has remained relatively stagnant even when it appears cheap. ...and why the auditor's have repeatedly issued a caveat on the ability of the coy to remain a going concern.
Money could be made in the company, but I'd prefer to avoid such stocks.
There are clearly enough better 'fishes in the ocean right there in the NSE room'

On a side note, FBNH and INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES are also presently not in the good books of 'Mr piotroski'. ...while coys like FCMB, FIDELITY, CAVERTON, ZENITH, AIICO, UBA, ACCESS, GTB, FO, CONOIL and VITAFOAM 'are currently good friends of his'.

DISCLAIMER: NOT to be infered as any sought of recommendation. When in doubt, seek the services of a reputable investment manager for guidance.
My advise: Pls kindly follow ur instinct.

Regards.
Agbalowomeri:

Oando RIP grin

I remember when I put out the above analysis on OANDO.
...at the time the equity price was trading for near N4.5
Someone quoted me in a private financial forum I belong to and said I only made the analysis because I am looking to drive down the price, so I can KEY in. In his assessment, the price was very cheap even above N4.5.
Well, the stock has since lost near 50%. ...a situation that will now require an over 90% price rise to offset any loss had someone bought it back then.

The same guy just sent me a private message on telegram yesterday admitting to his mistake and apologising accordingly.
I simply told him I had nothing against him and also advised him on the best way forward.

Moral: Experience is often the best teacher !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
gamaliel9:
I had a broker who is no longer in operation...Resort Securities and Trust Limited...how do i retrieve my stocks from them? How do i transfer the stocks to another broker?

My own case was transferring from active broker to active broker.It only took six days and my acct was transferred.
1.complete the transfer form and kyc with the new broker.
2.The new broker contacts the broker managing your investment.
3.The broker contacts you to know why you want to transfer your stocks.After they will tell you to complete kyc with them and finally you pay them 5k transfer fees.
4.The broker will now asked your new broker to initiate the transfer online so they will approve it.
5.Once done,your stocks reflects in your acct with new broker.All these took me only six days.

Now your case is from dormant to active broker.
The process is a little bit different.Go and complete your KYC and transfer forms from your new broker.They will follow the due process but bear in mind you must visit cscs for biometric capture and some fees.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2019
locodemy:

My own case was transferring from active broker to active broker.It only took six days and my acct was transferred.
3.The broker contacts you to know why you want to transfer your stocks.After they will tell you to complete kyc with them and finally you pay them 5k transfer fees.
4.The broker will now asked your new broker to initiate the transfer online so they will approve it.
5.Once done,your stocks reflects in your acct with new broker.All these took me only six days.

The process is a little bit different.Go and complete your KYC and transfer forms from your new broker.They will follow the due process but bear in mind you must visit cscs for biometric capture and some fees.

Thats really difficult...must i go to Lagos for cscs?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
Signing out for the year
Many thanks for the opportunity to learn from you all
Merry Xmas, happy new year in advance
Wishing you a red November candle grin

Kisses to my ladies in the house
Jah bless

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
gamaliel9:

Thats really difficult...must i go to Lagos for cscs?

To make it very fast,you have to go to cscs.
Meet your new broker first for the preliminary things.Going to cscs is after the due processes.
Your broker can interceed on your behalf.Maybe you pay them some fees for it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
Signing out for the year

Jah bless

If you run,Oracle don win o.
Better stay here and finish your fight.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
Signing out for the year

Jah bless

Come back here ooooo.

You don't want to wait for the bottom again? That's what most of us are waiting for here. LOL.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
onegentleguy:

I remember when I put out the above analysis on OANDO.
...at the time the equity price was trading for near N4.5
Someone quoted me in a private financial forum I belong to and said I only made the analysis because I am looking to drive down the price, so I can KEY in. In his assessment, the price was very cheap even above N4.5.
Well, the stock has since lost near 50%. ...a situation that will now require an over 90% price rise to offset any loss had someone bought it back then.

The same guy just sent me a private message on telegram yesterday admitting to his mistake and apologising accordingly.
I simply told him I had nothing against him and also advised him on the best way forward.

Moral: Experience is often the best teacher !!

Kai......this Uacn magic today really give you the eloquence to ride on..........

Ride on sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
mendes911:

Come back here ooooo.

You don't want to wait for the bottom again? That's what most of us are waiting for here. LOL.

E be like his hand is in that zenith boom today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
locodemy:

To make it very fast,you have to go to cscs.
Meet your new broker first for the preliminary things.Going to cscs is after the due processes.
Your broker can interceed on your behalf.Maybe you pay them some fees for it.

Thank you sir. I appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
locodemy:

I completed a transfer 3 weeks ago in 4 days. United capital transfer is going to 3 weeks. Those guys are frustrating the b***s off me. I wish I was in town.

Does anyone have any contact at Unitedcapital abeg?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
locodemy:

Kai......this Uacn magic today really give you the eloquence to ride on..........

Ride on sir.

Where's that sarcastic talk of eloquence coming from? ...because of a mere less than 1% rise In UACN !!
Sure u have eyes to see that there was absolutely NO mention of UACN in the post u quoted.
Mr I quoted someone(Agba) with reference to OANDO and nothing more.

I am not one that pay so much attention to PRICE. ...I chase VALUE !!
So whether or not the price of a coy I hold rises or falls, I am, and will always remain my humble self.

Abeg face front !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (4960) (4961) (4962) (4963) (4964) (4965) (4966) ... (7820) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: perfectgen(m), Adinije(f) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.