Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10947539 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5165) (5166) (5167) (5168) (5169) (5170) (5171) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:27am On Jan 14, 2020
Thank you.
pluto09:

If you are really confuse spilt the money into two and buy the 2 grin tongue

I have looked at the two companies and both are buy for me.

However, giving the current market condition and the CP of both stocks, if I am to buy today JB will be preferred.

Zenith on a stand alone basis cannot go far in price if the general market condition is tepid. On the other hand, If JB declares a better than expected result, price can easily move up irrespective of the general market condition.

This is my personal opinion and I could be very wrong.

Note: The two stocks are in my portfolio with JB bought at a lower price than cp.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 11:28am On Jan 14, 2020
rebekah2011:
The analysis paralysis that always goes on in my head will make me wait. When the value becomes glaring, I do not mind paying for it.

I don't believe in analysis paralysis.
I think we have similar investment philosophy.
If it doesn't meet your investment criteria, don't buy no matter who recommends it.

You will miss some hot stocks in the market but that to me is no problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 11:32am On Jan 14, 2020
Princkez:
BUA CEMENT on full offer

It is a stock that can easily be manipulated and that is why some of us are not excited.

The bids will resume sooner than later, Rabiu is in a very good position to defend the price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:35am On Jan 14, 2020
pluto09:

It is a stock that can easily be manipulated and that is why some of us are not excited.

The bids will resume sooner than later, Rabiu is in a very good position to defend the price.

Are they planning a public offer?
Not sure why anyone will want to defend the price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Ah ah, conspiracy theory shocked

Improvement in rankings for Rabiu in Forbes billionaire list cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nellybadas: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2020
Pls I don't intend to derail the thread. But anyone here with useful information on 03 capital in lagos. I hear it's a credit card company but they offer fixed returns on deposits just in form of tbills. The interest rates I was told for 365days could go as high as 17%. Pls does anyone know about this?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2020
LAFARGE/WAPCO our 3euro stock is now available at 14.80 and warming it engine to enter full bid.

Not by 2moro when will be on 55% upside like the case of UACN someone will asking how come we always buy low and sell high.

The same we loaded FBNH bus,
UACN bus and
now LAFARGE/WAPCO bus.

Better join now and don't be distracted by their panalysis analysis.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:51am On Jan 14, 2020
veecovee:
You want pls newbies and displease oldbies.
Why not attach 'DO YOUR PERSONAL RESEARCH' to ur posts
Lol. Oldbies don grow strong teeth nah. grin
Compliment of the season sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:53am On Jan 14, 2020
PETERiCHY:
LAFARGE/WAPCO our 3euro stock is warning it engine to enter full bid.
Lol. Peter has commenced advertisement. grin
Better change that 'warning' to 'warming'. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by X21: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
PETERiCHY:
LAFARGE/WAPCO our 3euro stock is warning it engine to enter full bid.

Not by 2moro when will be on 55% upside like the case of UACN someone will asking how come we always buy low and sell high.

The same we loaded FBNH bus,
UACN bus and
now LAFARGE/WAPCO bus.

Better join now and don't be distracted by their panalysis analysis.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

please tell us the whole story
30% revenue drop and yet profit growth
there must be some exceptional items
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
Princkez:
BUA CEMENT on full offer
Morgan updated and released his clients. grin
Jijo will be good here. Let it fall more. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
11 naira support holding firm
Really strong bull
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
owoblow77:
Hater angry

@ bigjay: Baba, how far. Shame your enemies now. 4milli since morning. How many Ace of spades this small money go buy!

Oh boy, i don try my own tey tey.
na communal effort na
I just kpamu de wait
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
Mcy56:
Morgan updated and released his clients. grin Jiji will be good here. Let it fall more. lipsrsealed
madam, weldone ooo pls what is the update?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
X21:

please tell us the whole story
30% revenue drop and yet profit growth
there must be some exceptional items

The attraction for me is the restructuring......

The loan repayment is not only due to right money, the South Africa operation has been spun off which gave them the opportunity to excise about 140b third party foreign loan from their books...

A reduction of about 200b from 266b in a space of 9months is not moimoin and call for excitement!

The reduction in revenue is mainly due to the exclusion of SA operation which is a blessing in disguise. You will notice that despite the drop in revenue there is an increase in profit which signifies efficiency and that is positive....

The eps is good compared to others in the sector when you calculate the p.e from operational profits. If you now factor in the profits made from spinning off of the SA operation, that is a bomb

Also check the equity for 2018 and September 2019, that has also increased significantly

They still have some hurdles to cross but I want to believe they are on the right path..
Most of the loans in their books are now the cheap ones and can easily be managed.

Note; the SA operation has always been a drag on Larfarge since that marriage was made and it was a misadventure.--Pluto09
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
aremso:
madam, weldone ooo pls what is the update?
Lol. Nothing much is happening in the market so far.
Zenith........still holding to the previous close of 21.70.
MTN, fidelity getting some bashing.
Some huge cross deals going on in Uniondac...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
The newbies planning to enter, should look before they leap.
You need a good dose of patience so you can enter stocks at right prices.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
Mcy56:

Zenith coming bck to 19 - 20....
We will reload at that junction...
For dividend....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
The merger of SA business with Wapco to form Lafarge Africa was never a mistake. It was deliberate. Whilst, I must commend their decision to spin-off this unit to give the Nigerian shareholders a sigh of relief. I am still not convinced that the business can take on Dangote Cement in the interim. One can test the waters with one hand if the FOMO is an issue.
PETERiCHY:

Pluto09
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
I do not see it going below N21.
Willie2015:

For dividend....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Forbes rating
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
Willie2015:

For dividend....

grin grin grin grin of course nothing is imposible.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
Mcy56:

Lol. Oldbies don grow strong teeth nah. grin
Compliment of the season sir.

... God bless u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
rebekah2011:
The merger of SA business with Wapco to form Lafarge Africa was never a mistake. It was deliberate. Whilst, I must commend their decision to spin-off this unit to give the Nigerian shareholders a sigh of relief. I am still not convinced that the business can take on Dangote Cement in the interim. One can test the waters with one hand if the FOMO is an issue.

Do you think BUA cement can take on Dangote cement
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
Team UCAP and WAPCO... One man squad... They can't beat THE MONEYBAG

THE BIG SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
rebekah2011:

Why comparing with Dangocement? Merger is for enlargement.

When percive enlargement turns sour- then a mistake has occured. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
rebekah2011:
I do not see it going below N21.

Zenith dont respond 2 much to yr end earnings...
Usual div of N2.50 already priced in...
Don,t see any other news...
Unless div increase to above N3.00... plus
Waiting patiently....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LagosWahala: 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
Mcy56:

Lol @Uniondac. It was an annoying deadwood in my portfolio and I have been selling since last week.

One person don dey buy am same pattern since

Just dumped the last of it.

Peterichy teach me something with dat one!

And yes I am an old poster here, my account chop ban hence the new monika
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
Mcy56:

Union Diagnostics has a new ultra modern centre at Ibadan which is a short distance from the UCH

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
BUA is a one-man business like Dangote. I have seen him move his production capacity from 2m metric tons to about 8m now. Give him more years he will increase it and take more market share from Dangote Cement and Lafarge.
emmanuelewumi:

Do you think BUA cement can take on Dangote cement
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
Panic sale/profit taking going on......mostly in banking stocks........
Funny thing is that the same people selling will still come back to queue and possibly buy higher. smiley
We're observing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
N3 final dividend may just be possible this year. The excess dividend tax has been taken care of by the new Finance Bill. over 25b was paid the FG as excess tax dividend in 2018 financial year. That will definitely be an attraction.
Willie2015:

Zenith dont respond 2 much to yr end earnings...
Usual div of N2.50 already priced in...
Don,t see any other news...
Unless div increase to above N3.00... plus
Waiting patiently....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5165) (5166) (5167) (5168) (5169) (5170) (5171) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: femu(m), Adinije(f), 222Martins(m), jaybee3(m), drotba(m), otomatic(m), BabsO2(m), Emumakpo, SetrakusRa(m), Hogwarthtrades, ositadima1(m), Seunn11, megawealth01 and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.