Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,567 members, 7,847,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11015698 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5170) (5171) (5172) (5173) (5174) (5175) (5176) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
To the newbies:

You have never seen driven a car before and you are given a car, will you jump into it and drive the car at once? You will panic! You could crash immediately!

Why then should you just come into stock market and want to drive off? Without knowing the 'controls' that will aid you to move? Without having the knowledge about the market? You will panic! You could crash immediately!

Leave the market at once and go and study. After studying and asking pertinent questions, then you can be sure that you understand the market very well and emotionally ready to battle in this arena. On this arena, you can gain fast and lose very fast.

If you are promised lots of percentages if you invested for 1 year, ask them about those who bought Fidelity at 4.3, FCMB at 3.60, Zenith at 40, GTB at 56, in early 2018. Till today, they are yet to recover. This brings to fore the question of PATIENCE! Will you be patient enough to wait if your capital erodes rapidly or will you sell at a loss?

You could be lucky and enter a stock and in 1 week, you are at 50% gain. As a newbie, you will want to go for the same stock grin and buy higher hoping that it will keep rising, the experienced ones will be selling by then. And you will be the one carrying their kaya(loads of shares).

You need tons of knowledge about the workings of this particular market, timing of entry, and control of greed and fear. You can learn the first 2 by studying but you can't learn the last (control of greed and fear) by stuyding.

Always learn from the experience of others so that you can be alive to tell the tale!

WORDS ON MARBLE.
That last(control of fear and greed) has been the most challenging for me,not until i started reading the works and interview of Dr Ari Kiev .
Just like you have said,honestly one may have the best strategy,but it would be difficult to break even in stock investing without proper control of Emotions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2020
Danniee:
Unfortunately the stock broker is no longer in Nigeria and could not reach him.
I shall reach out to CSCS.
Thanks a lot.

Good, reach-out to CSCS first before getting a new Broker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:56am On Jan 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
To the newbies:

You have never seen driven a car before and you are given a car, will you jump into it and drive the car at once? You will panic! You could crash immediately!

Why then should you just come into stock market and want to drive off? Without knowing the 'controls' that will aid you to move? Without having the knowledge about the market? You will panic! You could crash immediately!

Leave the market at once and go and study. After studying and asking pertinent questions, then you can be sure that you understand the market very well and emotionally ready to battle in this arena. On this arena, you can gain fast and lose very fast.

If you are promised lots of percentages if you invested for 1 year, ask them about those who bought Fidelity at 4.3, FCMB at 3.60, Zenith at 40, GTB at 56, in early 2018. Till today, they are yet to recover. This brings to fore the question of PATIENCE! Will you be patient enough to wait if your capital erodes rapidly or will you sell at a loss?

You could be lucky and enter a stock and in 1 week, you are at 50% gain. As a newbie, you will want to go for the same stock grin and buy higher hoping that it will keep rising, the experienced ones will be selling by then. And you will be the one carrying their kaya(loads of shares).

You need tons of knowledge about the workings of this particular market, timing of entry, and control of greed and fear. You can learn the first 2 by studying but you can't learn the last (control of greed and fear) by stuyding.

Always learn from the experience of others so that you can be alive to tell the tale!

Well said
But can you learn football from reading books?
No matter how much they read, they still need to feel the heat
I advocate they start investing immediately albeit with insignificant capital

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 15, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Well said

But you can't go playing league games or entering competitions when you have not even gone through any sort of sports academy or had any training.

I agree with you that they can start with little fund but it has to be only when they have good knowledge of NSE. Otherwise, we go end up collecting their money.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 15, 2020
Valueinvestor:

WORDS ON MARBLE.
That last(control of fear and greed) has been the most challenging for me,not until i started reading the works and interview of Dr Ari Kiev .
Just like you have said,honestly one may have the best strategy,but it would be difficult to break even in stock investing without proper control of Emotions

You learn control of greed and fear on your first foray into the market after arming yourself with the knowledge. This control will test if you will continue in the market or not.

Without having the knowledge, that will end up running like those who were burnt in 2008 and vowed never to return.

Most of us had our fingers burnt in 2008. But we still came back and recovered everything in multiple percentages. We controlled our fears and cut greed to size.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:21am On Jan 15, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Well said

I always advise newbies to start small, learn and grow.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I always advise newbies to start small, learn and grow.

Like the way someone bought eTransact and was saying that he will load more on the watsapp group abi?

Or the way people are loading up on union diagnostics, Japaul, universal Insurance because they are all priced at 20kobo? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Like the way someone bought eTransact and was saying that he will load more on the watsapp group abi?

Or the way people are loading up on union diagnostics, Japaul, universal Insurance because they are all priced at 20kobo? grin

They are not profitable and have not been paying dividends, so I won't advise newbies to buy them.

I won't advise them to buy Oando, Honeywell, chams,mutual benefits, tantalizer and most of the insurance stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

The well-informed still makes mistakes
The goal is to reduce the frequency and impact

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:48am On Jan 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

They can start small and avoid buying those junks by having mentors from whose recommendations they can make their picks.
Mentorship is the legal short-cut to success.
Example, someone asked about MTN here. If they didnt get a response because maybe experienced people were too busy to respond, they dont buy and rather look up and read about those being analysed and find compelling reasons to buy before buying.
You learn better and imbibe the qualities of succeeding faster when you are in practical involvement.
Thats why we have economics and banking & finance lecturers and professors who have nothing tangible to show for their knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:49am On Jan 15, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

We cannot rule out losses, we lose some we can gain.

The most important thing is to have a plan or strategy which gives us more gains than losses .
Cash flow investing coupled with value investing will reduce our losses to an extent
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 9:59am On Jan 15, 2020
This thread is better than all books on investing as far as nse is concerned.........Risk and Reward is the most important concept u need to master ........Go back in recent past and start reading from access diamond merger announcement ................spend about two days on only the thread and read up until now

Have fun while enjoying all our posts

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:08am On Jan 15, 2020
Like my misadventure into University Press Plc.
Agbalowomeri:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2020
I love what I'm reading from my ogas on top today, not "your shirt will tear" kind of. lipsrsealed
Oga Rabbi, Agba, Oakpearl and Pa Emma, More grease to your elbows.
Those contributions were educative and insightful. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:18am On Jan 15, 2020
The bids were more than offers in most of the banking stocks.
Are we going to witness reversal from the pull back? Only time will tell............. we keep observing...............
Not a recommendation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mohr(m): 10:28am On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=Lookandlaugh post=85805631]Please, does anyone knows what has happened to GEOFLUID stocks,they did private placement in 2008.
Any information about the company,either good or bad.
Thanks.

Shop closed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:29am On Jan 15, 2020
BUA Cement - some crossings witnessed in millions...........this stock may surprise/dissapoint analysts this year. lipsrsealed
Please not a recommendation ooooooo. Just observing what the guy is up to. Trade at owners risk, OYO. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 10:29am On Jan 15, 2020
Three Major Market Signals on NSEMPA that says alot;

1. E-fighting/Stone throwing.
2. Analysis Paralysis.
3. Motivation Talk (Encouragement).

Newbies pls note
if you know you know.

Wetin l sabi self cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2020
akinssan:
Three Major Market Signals on NSEMPA that says alot;
1. E-fighting/Stone throwing.
2. Analysis Paralysis.
3. Motivation Talk (Encouragement).
Analysis paralysis. grin grin
What of Bull euphoria abi na excitement when you will log in and meet plenty pages to read? grin

* I borrowed that "euphoria" from Oga Rabbi grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OLOBAM: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
To the newbies:

Good advice. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2020
Mcy56:

Analysis paralysis. grin grin
What of Bull euphoria abi na excitement when you will log in and meet plenty pages to read? grin

GM ma,

You are free to add ya own cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:43am On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=Mohr post=85813188][/quote]

One of the school fees, I remember how the promoter of Geofluid was speaking in tongues during one of the Investors fora organized by the company in 2008, same thing by the MD of Universal Insurance.

Thank God I did not invest in any of the private placements promoted between 2007 and 2008, IGI, Tetrazzini, Aquitaine, Universal Insurance, Investment and Allied Assurance, Big Treat, Rigg Ventures, Geofluid and others too numerous to remember.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:44am On Jan 15, 2020
rebekah2011:
Like my misadventure into University Press Plc.
premature?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 11:08am On Jan 15, 2020
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/28560_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JANUARY_2020.pdf

Looks like FBNH will release her audited results on time this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 11:14am On Jan 15, 2020
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 11:14am On Jan 15, 2020
thebargainhunte:

You wouldn't understand what they did to me. When ever I run statement of account command, it shows me that I bought certain number of shares yesterday, instead of the said number of units to appear on my portfolio, it is far lesser than the amount the statement of account is showing me. The one the statement of account is showing me is the actual quantity I ordered yesterday. I didn't sell the share and it is not reflecting on the statement of account that the missing units were sold out. This was a transaction I carried out yesterday cos I like to tie my money on a stock instead of leaving it on my Morgan account.

Oga mi sir, this is normal thing now if you had a bonus issue with the stock before. It will debit it on Morgan platform but the whole unit is still with CSCS. If you want to know, quickly put a sale order of the total units you actually bought at maximum price of the day. U will see that it will go then u can quickly cancel it so it doesn't get filled up by a buyer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:15am On Jan 15, 2020
FO...moving
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:16am On Jan 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

One of the school fees, I remember how the promoter of Geofluid was speaking in tongues during one of the Investors fora organized by the company in 2008, same thing by the MD of Universal Insurance.

Thank God I did not invest in any of the private placements promoted between 2007 and 2008, IGI, Tetrazzini, Aquitaine, Universal Insurance, Investment and Allied Assurance, Big Treat, Rigg Ventures, Geofluid and others too numerous to remember.

Those companies took advantage of the mad bull in the market + the ignorance of the unsuspecting public and went into a frenzy of private placements then.
That was a herd mentality itself by promoters.
You begin to wonder what our regulators are doing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

If you are in a market that falls constantly with no end in sight, the advice is to ensure that your stocks are dividend paying stocks. That way you will always have a constant cashflow.

Whenever I say : if e no poo, e go vomit, it means that the stock is low and those in it should wait it out. 'If e no poo' means if there is no capital appreciation, then wait for the vomit(dividend payment). This is a strategy when you are in a stock that your entry price was wrong.

Now, there is capital appreciation (the actual 'poo'), you still tell people to wait for Dividends?

All through mid to end of 2019, I kept urging buy because I know that from my 'basic' understanding of charts grin, that there is going to be a sharp movement that will be fast. A good bullish move. It happened albeit late.

And I have always said here that bulls lurk around a bearish fall and bears lurk around a bullish rise.

So members here have told me to inform them when to exit and not just tell them buy, buy, buy. And that was what I did. I tried to give them early warning.

So why are you sad that people who made money sold and left?

... not sad sir, ... just that you did contrary to what you said. I mean, you sold where as foreign investors are yet to show.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2020
Why we are pondering on how the market will move this January.

I need to wake-up one or two penny stocks(dry bone) for 15% JIJO profits.

We cannot be analyzing forever, we are here for Money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:24am On Jan 15, 2020
bigjay01:
Looks like FBNH will release her audited results on time this year.
FBNH board meeting to YE financial statement : 30 Jan 2020. Hope dividend consideration is inclusive.
UBA : 27 Jan 2020
**Dividend hunters take note**

My ogas pls no vex, try and be typing short notes on these links for ease of getting the gist at a glance............if you already checked it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 11:28am On Jan 15, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (5170) (5171) (5172) (5173) (5174) (5175) (5176) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: IamR, ndept, eudoh940(m), adamx23(m), phadriz(m), kaykehin, Basilekeh, aberdeenshire, Bagwa and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.