Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,354 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10953778 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5171) (5172) (5173) (5174) (5175) (5176) (5177) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 11:33am On Jan 15, 2020
UACN

am I seeing a breach of our #11 support?

technician abeg, make una help
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:35am On Jan 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
To the newbies:

You have never seen driven a car before and you are given a car, will you jump into it and drive the car at once? You will panic! You could crash immediately!

Why then should you just come into stock market and want to drive off? Without knowing the 'controls' that will aid you to move? Without having the knowledge about the market? You will panic! You could crash immediately!

Leave the market at once and go and study. After studying and asking pertinent questions, then you can be sure that you understand the market very well and emotionally ready to battle in this arena. On this arena, you can gain fast and lose very fast.

If you are promised lots of percentages if you invested for 1 year, ask them about those who bought Fidelity at 4.3, FCMB at 3.60, Zenith at 40, GTB at 56, in early 2018. Till today, they are yet to recover. This brings to fore the question of PATIENCE! Will you be patient enough to wait if your capital erodes rapidly or will you sell at a loss?

You could be lucky and enter a stock and in 1 week, you are at 50% gain. As a newbie, you will want to go for the same stock grin and buy higher hoping that it will keep rising, the experienced ones will be selling by then. And you will be the one carrying their kaya(loads of shares).

You need tons of knowledge about the workings of this particular market, timing of entry, and control of greed and fear. You can learn the first 2 by studying but you can't learn the last (control of greed and fear) by stuyding.

Always learn from the experience of others so that you can be alive to tell the tale!

No one is above mistakes in the stock market. Just that with time you can minimize your mistakes.

However, experience is the best teacher. They can't minimize their mistakes, until they start trading.

There's always a saying, as a beginner "TRADE WITH MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2020
Mcy56:
I love what I'm reading from my ogas on top today, not "your shirt will tear" kind of. lipsrsealed
Oga Rabbi, Agba, Oakpearl and Pa Emma, More grease to your elbows.
Those contributions were educative and insightful. cool

Thank God my oga RabbiDoracle is now talking like grandpapa. ...no more T-shirt tearing I was tackling him earlier because this may scare potentials good investors in this new decade. ...

Just imagine Ogas like Emmanuelwumi, Wanajo, Bigjay, Rabidoracle, oakperl, Peteroooo, currentprice, onegentleguy, Rebecca, Pluto etc were scare with T-shirt tearing in their newbies days, we would not have wealth of investment information we are sharing today....

.....we need one another to survive. ...let's not burn bridges. .

....well done oga RabbiDoracle

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 11:40am On Jan 15, 2020
Lookandlaugh:
Please, does anyone knows what has happened to GEOFLUID stocks,they did private placement in 2008.
Any information about the company,either good or bad.
Thanks.
That stock was among the stocks promoted by Abayomi Obabolujo in those days (around 2007 or so). I remember going to Abayomi's office then at Onipanu to buy 50,000 units at N5 per unit (that is totaling N350,000). The one that pains me most is that a friend of mine also bought 60,000 units simply because he saw me buying and thoughts the future of the stock will be bright. Japaul was the basis of comparison then as Japaul was selling around N12 or so.
The truth is that buying Geofluid then was a mistake, but I have since move on. They have a registrar which I cannot remember now. So, you can find out any information you want from the registrar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 11:42am On Jan 15, 2020
Lol....You guys should not be too uptight. "tear shirt" is a figure of speech and intended to be humorous.

When he used terms such as "smell moi-moi when dem never grind beans" and "Share price wey just take break for Ore to drink red bull before advancing" , nobody complained o because portfolios dey enter green.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 11:43am On Jan 15, 2020
kolaish:
That stock was among the stocks promoted by Abayomi Obabolujo in those days (around 2007 or so). I remember going to Abayomi's office then at Onipanu to buy 50,000 units at N5 per unit (that is totaling N350,000). The one that pains me most is that a friend of mine also bought 60,000 units simply because he saw me buying and thoughts the future of the stock will be bright. Japaul was the basis of comparison then as Japaul was selling around N12 or so.
The truth is that I investment in Geofluid is a mistake and I have since move on. They have a registrar which I cannot remember now. So, you can find out any information you want from the registrar.

N250,000 you mean?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:45am On Jan 15, 2020
Mcy56:
The bids were more than offers in most of the banking stocks.
Are we going to witness reversal from the pull back? Only time will tell............. we keep observing...............
Not a recommendation

They laughed at me when I talked about access and others new support.

I wonder ooo, maybe some people think that the banks would go lower than August price.

We are watching though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2020
bigjay01:
UACN am I seeing a breach of our #11 support?
All I see is temporary pullback to 10.65........may reverse back to 11 soon..........................................No vex say I no be technician sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2020
Mcy56:

All I see is temporary pullback to 10.65........may reverse back to 11 soon..........................................No vex say I no be technician sir.

Please madam, let the pullback begins, so as to carry more passengers like us...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:52am On Jan 15, 2020
bigjay01:
UACN

Its a typical market pattern-ups and downs, not straight line graph.
Make mistake come down to my junction and I load more.
NOTE: This is not a jijo stock for me oh...am in for the long term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2020
ukay2:
Please madam, let the pullback begins, so as to carry more passengers like us...
Lol. E don come and go for the stock. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2020
veecovee:
They laughed at me when I talked about access and others new support.
I wonder ooo, maybe some people think that the banks would go lower than August price.
We are watching though
Pastor is really charging o. You are fast becoming a technician too. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 11:57am On Jan 15, 2020
CashDiMkpa:

N250,000 you mean?
I actually bought 70,000 units at N5. it was a typographical error.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 11:59am On Jan 15, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Thanks a lot for this information
Which materials/sources would you recommend for the learning process?

To succeed in the stock market you need knowledge, far more knowledge than people realise and also experience. Without adequate knowledge/financial literacy you are only going to crash. So what I advice is:

1. You need to first understand what shares/stocks are and how the stock marker works. This is very important. Go online and look for books that explain how the stock market works in simple terms. You can try the one in this link https://zerodha.com/varsity/module/introduction-to-stock-markets/ pls note I haven't read the book and the author is Indian so he will be talking about the Indian stock exchange. But the principle is the same across the world.

2. Decide if you want to be a fundamentalist or a technical trader. A fundamental investor analyses the companies financial results and looks for good, financially healthy stocks to buy at prices lower than what they are worth. He buys to hold for a long time and enjoy long term capital appreciation and/or dividends. He may also sell if prices rises to a level he feels the stock is over prices. The technical trader on the other hand uses technical analysis (just like forex trading) to analyse stock charts and take advantage of short term trading opportunities, buying low and selling high. So decide which side you want to belong and study along that line. You can also combine both strategies. Some do it here.

For a basic intro to fundamental analysis download and read this https://zerodha.com/varsity/module/fundamental-analysis/

For a basic intro to technical analysis download and read this https://zerodha.com/varsity/module/technical-analysis/

3. Do yourself a favour and read the first 50 pages of this thread. Then you can read the last 50 pages of this thread too and from now on keep following the thread. A lot of useful information can be found here and some of your questions will have already been answered here.

4. LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT DO NOT PUT A KOBO IN THE STOCK MARKET OR IF YOU MUST, ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE TILL YOU HAVE STUDIED AND HAVE AT LEAST A FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THE STOCK MARKET IS AND KNOWLEDGE OF FUNDAMENTAL AND/OR TECHNICAL ANALYSIS.

Give yourself time. The stock market is here and is nor running away. When you eventually start trading you may make a few mistakes but these will be minimised if you have a good grounding from your studies. As your experience grows you will only get better.

Good luck.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
bigjay01:
UACN

Wait till market close
11 was always going to be a strong long-term resistance/support
It is healthy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Wait till market close
11 was always going to be a strong long-term resistance/support
It is healthy grin

Many are bullish on that stock just because of Agba grin grin
The day you will disembark from the train will be interesting.

I just hope you will inform the house when you are selling so that many will not regret their move grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2020
I'm immensely grateful! God bless you.

To succeed in the stock market you need knowledge, far more knowledge than people realise and also experience. Without adequate knowledge/financial literacy you are only going to crash. So what I advice is:

1. You need to first understand what shares/stocks are and how the stock marker works. This is very important. Go online and look for books that explain how the stock market works in simple terms. You can try the one in this link https://zerodha.com/varsity/module/introduction-to-stock-markets/ pls note I haven't read the book and the author is Indian so he will be talking about the Indian stock exchange. But the principle is the same across the world.

2. Decide if you want to be a fundamentalist or a technical trader. A fundamental investor analyses the companies financial results and looks for good, financially healthy stocks to buy at prices lower than what they are worth. He buys to hold for a long time and enjoy long term capital appreciation and/or dividends. He may also sell if prices rises to a level he feels the stock is over prices. The technical trader on the other hand uses technical analysis (just like forex trading) to analyse stock charts and take advantage of short term trading opportunities, buying low and selling high. So decide which side you want to belong and study along that line. You can also combine both strategies. Some do it here.

For a basic intro to fundamental analysis download and read this https://zerodha.com/varsity/module/fundamental-analysis/

For a basic intro to technical analysis download and read this https://zerodha.com/varsity/module/technical-analysis/

3. Do yourself a favour and read the first 50 pages of this thread. Then you can read the last 50 pages of this thread too and from now on keep following the thread. A lot of useful information can be found here and some of your questions will have already been answered here.

4. LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT DO NOT PUT A KOBO IN THE STOCK MARKET OR IF YOU MUST, ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE TILL YOU HAVE STUDIED AND HAVE AT LEAST A FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THE STOCK MARKET IS AND KNOWLEDGE OF FUNDAMENTAL AND/OR TECHNICAL ANALYSIS.

Give yourself time. The stock market is here and is nor running away. When you eventually start trading you may make a few mistakes but these will be minimised if you have a good grounding from your studies. As your experience grows you will only get better.

Good luck.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
bigjay01:
UACN
It's likely to drop further but not below #10 support.
#11 support has been tested and was easily broken hence the pullback.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
pluto09:

I just hope you will inform the house when you are selling so that many will not regret their move grin grin grin

My brother it can't be because of me o
I have said I am not disembarking for less than 20, isn't that good enough info?
People are always paranoid ni, I do what I say
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2020
Any news about FO.
Cc: oga Bomboclad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
FO on full bid.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
Some T bills will be maturing tomorrow ..Watching if some go find way come mkt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
Princkez:
FO on full bid.....
The price will not change if there is no bulk sale of 100k units at once.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
I do not even know the type of full bid this one be sef.
Jejebabaa:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2020
rebekah2011:
I do not even know the type of full bid this one be sef.
that has been FO style
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dividend hunters gradually taking position in UBA, Zenith, GTB and Fidelity.
FO........needs 100k to move its share price up by +10% for today. 100k bid on ground at N19, needs attention. grin
Investors skeptical and playing safe at fcmb, bids queue up bleow 1.90

Caveat: This is purely based on observation as trading is ongoing.

Updated: FO moved to N19 already. grin...............
I dey suspect someone here Oga bigjay or Prinkez or jamace lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Abeg na joke o. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 1:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
Jejebabaa:

Just 50,000 units is required to move the stock and not the bolded.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
This Oga has been away for too long. Even Nestle and Newgold will need 100k units now.
kolaish:
Just 50,000 units is required to move the stock and not the bolded.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
rebekah2011:
This Oga has been away for too long. Even Nestle and Newgold will need 100k units now.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
pluto09:
Oga Pluto, so you believed Agba is responsible for UACN movement?
Well, maybe he influenced it but with the analysis done, I think its beyond Agba's call..............dont mind me, I no sabi anything o. Just my opinion. grin
Peter would have jumped out to reply you by now but he don carry his loot commot. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
Mcy56:
Dividend hunters gradually taking position in UBA, Zenith, GTB and Fidelity.
FO........needs 100k to move its share price up by +10% for today. 100k bid on ground at N19, needs attention. grin
Investors skeptical and playing safe at fcmb, bids queue up bleow 1.90

Caveat: This is purely based on observation as trading is ongoing.

Updated: FO moved to N19 already. grin...............
I dey suspect someone here Oga bigjay or Prinkez or jamace lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Abeg na joke o. grin

no be me, I took position @15ish tey tey.
am ready to play the long game.
someone sold at #66, i must follow grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
Mcy56:

Pastor is really charging o. You are fast becoming a technician too. grin grin

Say we too dey keep quiet no mean say we no sabi anything ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5171) (5172) (5173) (5174) (5175) (5176) (5177) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: robobo, Buzochi, ebuka1997 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.