Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11070172 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5189) (5190) (5191) (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Are you sure he used the money to buy a Kenyan bank, the Kenyan bank was bought by Access Bank

What if he invested his loot on the current FG bond which opened today and will close on Friday.

N550 million @ a yield of 14% will give him about N38.5 million every 6 months.

I can't claim to be sure as it remains an unending speculation.
With Herbert, everything is possible.
Funny thing is we are unlikely to know when he buys them all back and even more than he sold.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
OakPearl:

Funny thing is we are unlikely to know when he buys them all back and even more than he sold.

When he buys we are expected to know.
We did not know when he bought Diamond at N1.00 because he was not a director of Diamond, but whenever he starts buying Access Bank shares again, he is expected to inform NSE.

Does he really need more shares of Access Bank, when his direct and indirect holdings is still about 1.4 billion shares after he sold 55 million units last week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
aremso:

Pls joke apart, which stock is monkey on NSE ?

MONKEY HUNTING

In Zimbabwe, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $20.00 each. The villagers seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $20.00, and as supply started to diminish, the villagers reduced their effort.
He further announced that he would now buy at $30.00. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.
The offer increased to $40.00 each and the supply of monkeys became so little that it took so much effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!
The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $100.00! However, since he had to go to Jo'burg on some business, his assistant would now buy on his behalf. In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers, "Look at all these monkeys in this big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $80, and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $100.00 each." The villagers came together with all their savings and bought all the monkeys.
Then they never saw the man or his assistant, only monkeys everywhere! grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 3:31pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

We did not know when he bought Diamond at N1.00 because he was not a director of Diamond, but whenever he starts buying Access Bank shares again, he is expected to inform NSE.

Does he really need more shares of Access Bank, when his direct and indirect holdings is still about 1.4 billion shares after he sold 55 million units last week

Oh true, as he is bound to disclose being a director.
As for the paragraph in bold, how low it gets in the future will determine his action.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
grin grin grin grin 419 of a man and his assistant.

Anyway there is wisdom in it especially in this market.

kolaish:

MONKEY HUNTING

In Zimbabwe, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $20.00 each. The villagers seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $20.00, and as supply started to diminish, the villagers reduced their effort.
He further announced that he would now buy at $30.00. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.
The offer increased to $40.00 each and the supply of monkeys became so little that it took so much effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!
The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $100.00! However, since he had to go to Jo'burg on some business, his assistant would now buy on his behalf. In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers, "Look at all these monkeys in this big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $80, and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $100.00 each." The villagers came together with all their savings and bought all the monkeys.
Then they never saw the man or his assistant, only monkeys everywhere! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mcy56:

Wapco Promoter. Mpeace wouldnt say anything cos you're helping his ministry as well. grin
Bids building up at N16.............
WAPCO still dey dull. I go just wait for dividend. The last CEO was very generous with dividends. I hope the new one no go fall hand.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
OakPearl:

is it this bad?

On transnational bank website, it clearly states that their parent is Access Bank group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
UCAP's performance this year cannot be stellar. I think that the coy should be able to pay 30k as a dividend for 2019. The current price is already close to 10% yield. New entrants should watch it.
Bomboclad:
I personally would like to see the magic UCAP would do in the short term. People buy it generally for dividend but without some new result (4Q - which i predict would be flat), i dont see any significant upward movement short-term (2 - 3 weeks).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
In a saner clime, that move in Diamond Bank should have earned him a sack from the Board. But this is Nigeria and anything goes.
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/28609_ACCESS_BANK_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JANUARY_2020.pdf
emmanuelewumi:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mpeace:
WAPCO still dey dull. I go just wait for dividend. The last CEO was very generous with dividends. I hope the new one no go fall hand.
Moneybags, I mean, friends of The Big Smart Guy are still waiting for good news before rushing in. grin
I pray they don't disappoint.
Pls when last did Wapco pay dividend and how much?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
rebekah2011:
In a saner clime, that move in Diamond Bank should have earned him a sack from the Board. But this is Nigeria and anything goes.
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/28609_ACCESS_BANK_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JANUARY_2020.pdf

83m shares and counting.
Please tell me there isn't more toit than meets the eye!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mcy56:

Moneybags, I mean, friends of The Big Smart Guy are still waiting for good news before rushing in. grin
I pray they don't disappoint.
Pls when last did Wapco pay dividend and how much?

2018. #1.50k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
bigjay01:

83m shares and counting.
Please tell me there isn't more toit than meets the eye!

I will advise guys to sell there Access Bank shares, I sold half of my holdings last week. I will sell half of the remaining tomorrow.

The effects of Diamond Bank acquisition is affecting Access Bank. The closed period and board meeting was extended because they might be having issues with the auditors.

The timing of the sale by insiders is wrong

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
nna777:
2018. #1.50k
Oh, that's impressive!
I thought someone mentioned that they didn't pay dividend in 2018 FYE?
If they're paying for 2019 FYE, it means we should expect nothing less that 1.50 then. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I will advise guys to sell there Access Bank shares, I sold half of my holdings last week. I will sell half of the remaining tomorrow.

The effects of Diamond Bank acquisition is affecting Access Bank. The closed period and board meeting was extended because they might be having issues with the auditors.

Are you sure this is the right call?

The funds that have entered Access alone in 1 week is in excess of 2 Billion oo. Don't you think that's a pointer to something.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

better safe than sorry

According to Peter Lynch (One up on wall street), management selling shares in companies they manage is a RED FLAG!

Tomorrow, I will sell all but 5k shares.

#SmartLongTerm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mcy56:

Oh, that's impressive!
I thought someone mentioned that they didn't pay dividend in 2018 FYE?
If they're paying for 2019 FYE, it means we should expect nothing less that 1.50 then. smiley

my thought too

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
nna777:

The funds that have entered Access alone in 1 week is in excess of 2 Billion oo. Don't you think that's a pointer to something.

It was speculated on another platform sometimes last week that the company might be having issues with the auditors
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Q3 was an eye opener Lol
The 'administrative' expenses just ballooned out to the sky

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
nna777:

Would those funds still have entered if they knew that the oga at the top was offloading 83m+ shares? (?more sell disclosures coming)

#RandomThoughts
#RandomMusings
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2020
Few weeks before Oando declared the record loss after tax of N220 billion about 3 years ago, billions of Naira equally entered the stock.

Wale sold some of his shares before the result was made public, thank God for the closed period introduced by NSE and better disclosure compared to what was obtainable in the past

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Few weeks before Oando declared the record loss after tax of N220 billion about 3 years ago, billions of Naira equally entered the stock.

Wale sold some of his shares before the result was made public, thank God for the closed period introduced by NSE and better disclosure compared to what was obtainable in the past

That must be the only reason they postponed the closed period (to offload).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
bigjay01:

better safe than sorry

According to Peter Lynch (One up on wall street), management selling shares in companies they manage is a RED FLAG!

Tomorrow, I will sell all but 5k shares.

#SmartLongTerm

It's good to look at things from as much perspectives as possible.

So my question is Before the PFAs and other institutions bought into Access shares few weeks ago, don't you think they must have done their due diligence before investing?

I don't think we should throw the baby and the water together.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
nna777:

So my question is Before the PFAs and other institutions bought into Access shares few weeks ago, don't you think they must have done their due diligence before investing?

No need arguing about anything, take heed or refuse to take heed it is your decision.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
nna777:

People who make decisions in PFAs are employees
If person follow them, person fit loss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
kolaish:

MONKEY HUNTING

The monkeys of NSE are being fed well. Check your portfolio...you will see them there. By their color shall you know them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2020
nna777:

Maybe they should have asked HW if he planned to offload? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
My thoughts too. Those guys just carry certificates. CBN will cover up for Access
Agbalowomeri:

People who make decisions in PFAs are employees
If person follow them, person fit loss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

No need arguing about anything, take heed or refuse to take heed it is your decision.

I have only 13k units left. I sold most during the recent bull. I was just trying to understand your perspective not arguing Sir.

I hope this info will not lead to panic sell tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

People who make decisions in PFAs are employees If person follow them, person fit loss
Abi. I agree.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
nna777:

I have only 13k units left. I sold most during the recent bull. I was just trying to understand your perspective not arguing Sir.

I hope this info will not lead to panic sell tomorrow.

The action of the CEO, which I believe he will continue this week will lead to a serious panic sale next week.

By Friday we will know the volume he must have sold during the week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
bigjay01:

Maybe they should have asked HW if he planned to offload? grin
This your stone. e get as ebi oo grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5189) (5190) (5191) (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SonofElElyonRet and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.