Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10971723 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) (5196) (5197) (5198) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 11:32am On Jan 21, 2020
Mcy56:

Okay, thanks. So why didnt people fear that it may send Zenith price to 12 region then considering the volume?
What if Access Director needed to raise enough cash for other interests? Has he done something wrong?
Make una no vex o, I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind the fear ni. grin

Thanks Oga Pluto and Oga Rebekah for your response.

From what i have read on this forum and others so far, i think these are the reasons why people are concerned.

1. It is unusual to lift a closed period that has been imposed because the board is meeting to consider the audited accounts before sending it to CBN. It either means that by that date, the auditors will not have finished the audit or that there are disagreements with the auditors on the audit which may not be resolved by that date.
2. Point number 1 is worsened because a key management staff has now taken advantage of that lifting of close period to trade in his shares (forget for now the quantum of shares traded) and key questions that arise are
a. Was the closed period lifted to enable him trade in these shares?
b. Is he privy to a fact by virtue of being an insider that other people do not have?

3. Concerns remain about the Q3 accounts especially in view of the the abnormal administrative expenses and the fact that it seems implausible and improbable that a bank can declare such growth in asset and profit from acquiring a bank that most analysts agree had bloated asset figures and had struggled to declare any profit for years.

All these do not necessarily prove there is anything wrong with the bank or its books but just seems unusual. It is now left for individual investors to analyse these fact and attach different weights of importance to them. Different actions will be expected from those who are adept risk takers and those who are very risk averse and are focused on not loosing money. In any case, sooner than later, the real reasons will become clearer.

In the case of Zenith Bank, a FPI sold for sure through Stanbic and there was no need for disclosure in the NSE portal as they are not insiders. Many things could have driven this including portfolio rebalancing etc. We do not know for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 11:33am On Jan 21, 2020
The current depression in Access bank might be a blessing in disguise for those in the bus, and those wishing to enter.....hmmm!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2020
Mcy56:
@Agba, come and give us new prediction on UACN.......... is it still drinking water? grin
Though bid is more than offer and still maintain the 10.70 support.

Need to come back to km 8 shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2020
Bomboclad:
The current depression in Access bank might be a blessing in disguise for those in the bus, and those wishing to enter.....hmmm!!

True...but watch that investment or trade very closely.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2020
Bomboclad:
I remember saying that WAPCO would get to N16.5 or higher, before retracing and moving upwards of N18.....hmmm!!!
Oga Bomboclad, are u reservoir engineer or a chartist technician.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2020
Mcy56:
@Agba, come and give us new prediction on UACN.......... is it still drinking water? grin
Though bid is more than offer and still maintain the 10.70 support.

Let me call Father Mbaka fess
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 11:40am On Jan 21, 2020
i have had long-term funds in WAPCO more than 6 months ago. However, based on what i see, it would drink water soon after a likely massive jump.

sellydion:
Brother, I no see any retracement. It is already done. We are moving higher.

WAPCO is about to break resistance on weekly. Key in if you can. grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:41am On Jan 21, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:
UACN : %102.80 grin

WAPCO : %19.18 grin

Patience is the King grin grin grin

Remember some patience dogs bought both WAPCO @N115 and UACN @N45 in 2013 and 7year down the lane they are still miles away from BREAKING EVEN.

Inessence as longer as this millennium market is concern PATIENCE is no longer the KING rather PLAYING SMART is the KEY.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:41am On Jan 21, 2020
sellydion:
Brother, I no see any retracement. It is already done. We are moving higher.
WAPCO is about to break resistance on weekly. Key in if you can. grin
You know, I actually did a quick run on wapco now and discovered it was trading around the N40 region as at mid 2018, and N50 region as at 2017 despite the lull in the market.
Just wondering the type of "illness" that brought it this low.

Caveat: Not to be interpreted as anything pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 11:44am On Jan 21, 2020
No retracement at 16,50 in view. You can always buy more.

Bomboclad:
i have had long-term funds in WAPCO more than 6 months ago. However, based on what i see, it would drink water soon after a likely massive jump.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 11:44am On Jan 21, 2020
Remember?

Bomboclad:
The next two weeks (maybe 3....nothing is certain in the NSE) should be good for WAPCO. It would go past N16.5 before retracing and moving on to N18 or beyond. Unfortunately, the return is still not as good as some key stocks on my radar. Its a good long-term stock due to imminent good dividends, but if you are greedy and skillful, then join me in playing some interesting "Snake & Ladder".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:46am On Jan 21, 2020
PETERiCHY:

Remember some patience dogs bought both WAPCO @N115 and UACN @N45 in 2013 and 7year down the lane they are still miles away from BREAKING EVEN.

In other words PATIENCE isn't the KING rather PLAYING SMART is the KEY.

Thank you Sire
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 11:47am On Jan 21, 2020
Mcy56:

You know, I actually did a quick run on wapco now and discovered it was trading around the N40 region as at mid 2018, and N50 region as at 2017 despite the lull in the market.
Just wondering the type of "illness" that brought it this low.

Caveat: Not to be interpreted as anything pls.

Justice have been done to this several times I think pluto did a wonderful analysis if I could remember.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2020
Thank you Sir.
CashDiMkpa:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 11:52am On Jan 21, 2020
what are these interesting snakes and ladders?
Bomboclad:
Remember?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:53am On Jan 21, 2020
sellydion:
Justice have been done to this several times I think pluto did a wonderful analysis if I could remember.
Thanks sir. Maybe I didnt bother to read cos I didnt have any interest in it as at then.
I'll try and search for the post.
Ok, does it mean their management are back on track and doing it right shey?

**Even if someone doesnt want to buy self, Wapco Promoters wouldnt allow one rest**. Lol. na joke o. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2020
Wapco 16.85 now shocked
Let it continue, more moneybags will take it up from where retailers 'stopped'. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2020
sellydion:

OGG was on his third edition on WAPCO before he lost his remote...... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:58am On Jan 21, 2020
Agbalowomeri:
Let me call Father Mbaka fess

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
Mcy56:
Wapco 10.85 now shocked
Let it continue, more moneybags will take it up from where retailers 'stopped'. grin

Suddenly everyone is now romancing Wapco.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
Market is trying hard to crash Access & UBA simultaneously. If they succeed this week......We shall find out by Friday!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
Fidelity and FCMB needs to prove to investors that they wouldnt 'mess-up' with their expectations again. smiley
Pull back ongoing in Zee and UBA................. my boss may have other name for this. grin lipsrsealed
Fbnh........just dey on its own.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
I LOVE THIS GAME grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
Now at 17.45 shocked

locodemy:

Suddenly everyone is now romancing Wapco.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
FBNH is plotting a coup against UBA and ACCESS.
Those who can't sit in one place are queuing for FBNH after divorcing Access.
Cant your money rest? grin grin grin

NB: Just observing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

My friend, Jejebaba, had to connect the dots to me yesterday. Then I knew that people had bought monkey!

Thank God I issued a sell on stocks.

The next question is , where are the other volumes in other Banks coming from? Why are FPI selling?

If you buy with Naira and they buy with dollar, they have 360 times your buying power! grin

Your call was more of a technical call than fundamental one.

HW selling his shares raises a fundamental and not a technical question.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
PETERiCHY:
LAFARGE/WAPCO our 3euro stock is now available at 14.80 and warming it engine to enter full bid.

Not by 2moro when will be on 55% upside like the case of UACN someone will asking how come we always buy low and sell high.

The same we loaded FBNH bus,
UACN bus and
now LAFARGE/WAPCO bus.

Better join now and don't be distracted by their panalysis analysis.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

WAPCO now N17.80k and still counting.
Congrats to those that heed our call on Jan14th when it was beginning for buyers @N14.80k.

For the NEWBIES this a stock that has been to hell and back. A stock coming from a height of N115k 7yrs ago. With countless right issues,restructuring and debt reduction of over N200billion.

So it's time for it to take fresh air. Come APRIL 2020 with release of 2019 FY and 2020 Q1 result it will be the ENVY of other STOCKS. grin

BARGAIN BUNTERS TAKE. NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
The Big Smart Guy we're seeing your hand ooo. grin
Waiting to see the first person to complain that he/she couldnt see to buy at 14/15/16. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

The same guy issued a statement to investing community on NSE that they are not buying diamond Bank. Whereas they were mopping on the floor.

Later they issued another statement that they have bought Diamond bank. grin

Come one, you know better than that!
He couldn't have confirmed the purchase of DB when the final details of the deal had not been ironed out.
Moreover, regulators (SEC, NSE) must be notified and their their approval received before releasing the information to the public.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
DeRuggedProf:
FBNH is plotting a coup against UBA and ACCESS.
Those who can't sit in one place are queuing for FBNH after divorcing Access.
Cant your money rest? grin grin grin

NB: Just observing
Nna ehhh.......If only I toned down the noise....... I once bought substantial unit of fbnh @ 3.05 and sold all but 1 unit at 6.15...... In that same period it once ran to #12..............,...........the same fantastic profit I dream of......See Fbnh dey do tanga ontop the .30k patapata div they will give this year

If Uba don't increase their final div this year to .90k they will never cross #9
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
The massive jump has occurred (Maybe not massive enough...lol)! History always repeats itself!

Bomboclad:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
maishai:
Nna ehhh.......If only I toned down the noise....... I once bought substantial unit of fbnh @ 3.05 and sold all but 1 unit at 6.15...... In that same period it once ran to #12..............,...........the same fantastic profit I dream of......See Fbnh dey do tanga ontop the .30k patapata div they will give this year

If Uba don't increase their final div this year to .90k they will never cross #9
FBNH will give up to/more than 50kobo this year. Their NPL has fallen so expect the CBN dividend rule to be fair to FBNH shareholders this year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) (5196) (5197) (5198) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drotba(m), NewBola, Ibrahim505(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.