Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10867607 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5551) (5552) (5553) (5554) (5555) (5556) (5557) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
billtommy:
Can you throw more light? By giving an example of other major stocks that does this
That does what actually?
Think what he implied there was this: that there's no need selling Zenith to buy GTB because if GTB moves, Zenith will also move........and vice versa.
UBA and Access....... move together most of the time too......
When the 4 move, Fbnh will also move......

* Another set is fidelity and fcmb....

So if you see a big gap btw the pairs, just know they will find a way to close the gap, either up or down.

** My bosses may have different view anyway and......it's not a rule.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by schoolboi: 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
owoblow77:
Jijo= HBP
I don't know how some people like sir loco dey do am. Trying to make it a primary source of income fit kill person. Not to talk of volatile periods.
Salary is more peaceful. If you're a salary earner, appreciate it. Just try to make good use of your earnings.
My biz with consistent turnover gives me peace of mind. It's relatively predictable. And returns over time, is d best.
I hate receiving rents, dividends better pass rents by far. No stories. If you build house to rent out in most locations outside Lagos and Abuja, in my opinion, sell the Bleep/ing item & move on.

Isn't it better to have diversified investments. Having both rental income and dividends from stocks isn't bad. Rental income from a building 10 years ago should have grown by now same for dividend from a growth stock.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
Oakbranch:
Thanks a lot Oga me, we learn every day and that's why we must read to be relevant in this business. I bin think say na Chivita before o.
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 9:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Oakbranch:
Thanks a lot Oga me, we learn every day and that's why we must read to be relevant in this business. I bin think say na Chivita before o.
O'boy, I been dey think say nah joke dem dey joke b4 ooo. So nah ticker symbol u dey buy? grin. U no even do any due diligence, at least to know the name of the company you're investing in. Waoh!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

When it is time to print 52 weeks high, hope say you go get strength sha. grin

you go epp me do that las las

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
DrAwo:

While doing some research, I came across an article and this is an excerpt from the article

"Note that there are three categories of quoted companies, high-priced, medium-priced and low-priced stocks, based on their market price.

High-priced: These are stocks that are priced at N100 per share or above for at least four of the last six trading months. Also, high-priced stocks can be new security listings that are priced at N100 or above at the time of listing on NSE.

Medium-priced: If a stock trades for at least four of the last six months at N5 to N100 per share, it is classified as medium-priced. Also, medium-priced stocks can be new security listings that are priced between N5 and N100 at the time of listing on NSE.

Low-priced: When a stock trades between one kobo and N5 for at least four of the last six months, they are called low-priced. Also, if new security listings are priced at one kobo per share or below N5 per share at the time of listing on the Exchange, they are categorised as low-priced. This is where majority of the stocks on NSE falls.

For Red Star Express to make it back to the medium-priced category, stockbrokers would need 100,000 shares to change the share price as against 50,000 shares needed for price change as a medium-priced stock.

Meanwhile, stocks under High-priced category only need a minimum of 10,000 units to have a price change."

If this is true, 10,000 units might be enough to move the price of Nestle....

Link to the article
https://nairametrics.com/2019/08/22/red-star-express-in-need-of-cash-months-after-nse-downgrade/
That is old, it is not in use any more. Currently 100,000 shares in single block transaction is required to move any coy listed on NSE. This means that if you place an offer of 100k shares of Nestle for example at market price and the offer match with two bids of 99k unit and 1k units, the price will still not move. But if you 100k units match with a 100k unit single bid set at a different price from the opening price for that day then the price will move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Oakbranch: 9:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
seyisanya:
O'boy, I been dey think say nah joke dem dey joke b4 ooo. So nah ticker symbol u dey buy? grin. U no even do any due diligence, at least to know the name of the company you're investing in. Waoh!
not me my bro, I no dey Fancy 20 kobo stock them oo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
schoolboi:

Isn't it better to have diversified investments. Having both rental income and dividends from stocks isn't bad. Rental income from a building 10 years ago should have grown by now same for dividend from a growth stock.

My recommendation is to start JIJO with 3% - 5% of your portfolio till you understand the character of the different stocks. Yes, their "character and behaviour" cos they do have it just like the humans who are purchasing them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
schoolboi:

Diversification = cocktail of investments
Most guys who shout diversification are salary earners who think they know. A few are smart who write books, organise seminars, etc so they earn steady.
Guy, see ehn once u make some capital appreciation from your stocks, just add am to your business capital.Ask urself if u can truly chart like BBM, FXUSER, or Ìfá.
In biz, u can fail several times, but once u get it right, food is done. Go Alaba, Daleko or Trade fair to know wodup.
Rental income do come down or stagnate wella.
Try rental properties in Badagry Lusada Mowe Agbara Lusada Atan etc. I swear dem be waste of funds. You can't even sell at almost cost price. Who wan buy?!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
Northeastern:

Chief, this your statement defies the law of gravity.

How did what did not go up fall back?

That thing was around 9+ in the morning, then it closed at 8+ that one no be fall grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
owoblow77:

Diversification = cocktail of investments
Most guys who shout diversification are salary earners who think they know. A few are smart who write books, organise seminars, etc so they earn steady.
Guy, see ehn once u make some capital appreciation from your stocks, just add am to your business capital.Ask urself if u can truly chart like BBM, FXUSER, or Ìfá.
In biz, u can fail several times, but once u get it right, food is done. Go Alaba, Daleko or Trade fair to know wodup.
Rental income do come down or stagnate wella.
Try rental properties in Badagry Lusada Mowe Agbara Lusada Atan etc. I swear dem be waste of funds. You can't even sell at almost cost price. Who wan buy?!!!
Sir, you're right.
But again, we should also be aware of the fact that not everyone has business acumen, we're all wired differently. A businessman/woman can make so much money just as a wise well-diversified investor whose primary source of income is through salary/wage.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 12:17am On Apr 15, 2020
schoolboi:

You have a very valid point

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 15, 2020
Pls i need help to survive this lockdown. Pls check my signature.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by billtommy(m): 1:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Mcy56:

That does what actually?
Think what he implied there was this: that there's no need selling Zenith to buy GTB because if GTB moves, Zenith will also move........and vice versa.

So if you see a big gap btw the pairs, just know they will find a way to close the gap, either up or down.

That move together like you rightly explained. What can newbies do without you? Youre just God sent

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 6:46am On Apr 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Breakeven?

Most that bought at March lows are on good GREEN.

I will advise you stay put and watch.

Exchange is the only store where people see goods on sale and still run away from the store grin
A lot of stocks were actually on sale during this period, and people were still running away

Stay put na understatement, where we wan go sef,lockdown kuku dey grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 6:53am On Apr 15, 2020
Danniee:
One spirit dey tell me to buy REDSTAREX, hope na good spirit....
Gut/spiritual analysis works atimes o grin
Why dont you buy some units to test the waters,(you may never know the character of a stock until you own some units),but if you've got strong conviction about the stock,you better go for the jugular.Real money in stock is actually made from home runs

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 7:17am On Apr 15, 2020
Jimmyme66:
Pls i need help to survive this lockdown.
Pls check my signature.

What was your source of income before the lockdown, please?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 15, 2020
Which kind witch be this ......this morning.?
Brent nose diving like say Trump offend anybody.

Market will now be in slow motion today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2020
schoolboi:

Very good to be diversified, it is also important to Invest in what we understand.
The most important thing is to be financially independent and create enough passive income that is more than our expenses.

A retired lawyer, surveyor, civil servant, estate manager or Architect will consider real estate investment as their retirement plans.

I actually know a late lawyer with almost 30 houses as his retirement plan.

Another old lady, a retired banker used Treasury Bills as her retirement plan. And grew her investment to about N200 million in Treasury Bills. The Treasury Bills are staggered in such a way that they mature and generate income every month.

We also have retired stockbrokers, investment bankers, that have investments in the stock market as their retirement plan.

The best thing is to be diversified to an extent and open to more legitimate opportunities.

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 8:41am On Apr 15, 2020
locodemy:

I think is because of absence of cut this month. It will start to show green next month when the cuts will start to be implemented. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2020
Mcy56:

That does what actually?

Wow

Thanks so much for this.

If I had known, I would have also bough access bank too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2020
thebargainhunte:

I think is because of absence of cut this month. It will start to show green next month when the cuts will start to be implemented. grin grin grin
Some countries played smart with the cuts e.g Saudi Arabia.
They jerked up their output to their upper limit weeks b4 the cut. Then used that limit as the baseline to negotiate their own cut. Wosaih! grin
Any realistic cut wrt the baseline most countries are currently claiming (with the exception of Mexico) should be about 20 to 30m bpd. The present agreement no be am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2020
In addition, oil storage everywhere, don nearly full. It will take time to consume that as well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:43am On Apr 15, 2020
locodemy:

Trump halts funding to World Health Organisation- CNN

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2020
locodemy:

Like I said earlier, na 28 e go reach and bounce back.

No amount of bad news can be worst than what occurred in March. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 15, 2020
owoblow77:
In addition, oil storage everywhere, don nearly full. It will take time to consume that as well.

Economic restart has started. So oil must be consumed.

It don't take long to consume all the glut. Once everything starts at once, there will be huge usage of oil from refiners. Vehicle traffic will increase first before aviation picks up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 15, 2020
1kinggy:

What was your source of income before the lockdown, please?
i do work as a sales attendant in a small shop.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 15, 2020
thebargainhunte:

It will start to show green this April. I believe starting from tomorrow sef. Next week should show high bullish ride.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mercifull(f): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2020
Please when is last date for qualifications for WAPCO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abuhusna1: 10:14am On Apr 15, 2020
I am really learning here despite receiving some bashes but criticism is part of life. If you can't take the heat don't come to the kitchen. Just to confirm that individual stock purchase changes market prices I just bought 89000 units of nahco @2.4 while the original price was @ 2.35 and behold the price changed to 2.40 before changing again.i doff my heart for you gurus. More green to your portfolio

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drLammy(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

It will start to show green this April. I believe starting from tomorrow sef. Next week should show high bullish ride.

Oga oracle please which small unit I fit pick for market as I still have change for my Trading account.. Thanks to auntie mercy mcy56 I was able to pick stocks during the lowest lows.. lol... Btw, I'm a beginner

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5551) (5552) (5553) (5554) (5555) (5556) (5557) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hajicairo(m), LILBIMS and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.