Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10932354 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5567) (5568) (5569) (5570) (5571) (5572) (5573) ... (7770) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:52am On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

** Answered to the best of my knowledge. Una go dey pay me for my time for Nsempa o. Lol. grin

Thank you, u dey try.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:29am On Apr 18, 2020
ositadima1:

Thank you sir. Do you have any Idea in what category is Veritas Registrars (difficulty of registration, I live very far from Lagos)? I noticed they cover zenith bank shares.

It is like I will only be keeping selected companies for dividend collection (one or two), since registration can be difficult.

I assume someone can make close to the dividend yield by entering the market somehow near the dividend payment period and exit just before it.

Veritas used to be straight forward and simple. I don't know if they have changed.
I did one for my wife last year through stanbic ibtc and it was seamless.
It took about 2 months or so after we submitted the e-dividend form before it was activated.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mills55: 8:40am On Apr 18, 2020
#ICYMI: *Trending News on Nairamertics.com*

Banking related phishing up 9% in 2019, e-stores down 10%
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/18/banking-related-phishing-up-9-in-2019-e-stores-down-10/

Update: Chief of Staff Abba Kyari is dead
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/18/president-buharis-chief-of-staff-abba-kyari-is-dead/

Q1 2020 Unaudited Report: Unilever Nigeria records N13.3 billion revenue
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/17/q1-2020-unaudited-report-unilever-nigeria-records-n13-3-billion-revenue/

Blue chip firms hit home run; Investors gain N191.5 billion at the Nigerian stock market
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/17/blue-chip-firms-hit-home-run-investors-gain-n191-5-billion-at-the-nigerian-stock-market/

OPEC+ deal gets boost as Russia, Saudi Arabia consider further output cut
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/17/opec-deal-gets-a-boost-as-russia-and-saudi-arabia-consider-further-output-cut/

Demand for “Inflow dollars” drive exchange rate to as high as N420/$1 compared to “Cash dollars”
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/17/demand-for-inflow-dollars-drive-exchange-rate-to-as-high-as-n420-1-compared-to-cash-dollars/

Oil prices rise after Trump’s plan to reopen US economy
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/17/oil-prices-rise-after-trumps-plan-to-reopen-us-economy/

Naira drops to N387.65 per dollar, as crude oil prices plunge to $27
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/17/naira-drops-to-n387-65-to-the-dollar-as-crude-oil-price-plunges-to-27/

IMF considers Nigeria’s loan request, FG gives reason for exclusion from debt relief program
https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/16/imf-considers-nigerias-loan-request-fg-reacts-to-exclusion-from-debt-relief-program/

*Brought to you by Wealth.ng*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:54am On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
seyisanya:
...Because bargain dreamers were waiting to buy at N200? cheesy
Lol @ bargain dreamers grin grin
Now we have another set of investors. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Yea, the certified dreamers that never get to buy anything. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
I made a post and immediately tried to edit it, fiam, Seun and his bots suspended my account. First time I ever get that treatment. sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Will UACN ever get to release their 2019 YE results? We are waiting for the driver to move that bus since 19 AD.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Lol,this must be awon ti "I am waiting with my cutlass for Zenith at N5 junction". grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
ositadima1:

Did you submit your forms by email through your broker?

Yes, but not through my brokers, I did it myself. Firstregistras paid just a few days later. Received both Fidelity and FBNH

"Kindly state your full names, address used, clearing house number, certificate or shares account number, name of company shares purchased. This will enable us check through our record".

That's an excerpt from Firstregistras, and after submitting the required information in addition to the e-dividend mandate form, they paid into my account.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Unilever made profit in Q1 and are quick to release result.
The revenue growth was expected, some coys are expected to benefit from the prevailing situation in the world all over.
The marketing and admin expenses was on the high side though shocked Could this have impacted positively on the revenue or some ogas hide their loot under it?
Q2 is expected to be better too, all things being equal.
**NB** This is my layman's understanding of the result, my ogas may have better and different opinions.

I can't see any revenue growth in Unilever or are we looking at different results. grin
And why do you think q2 will be better.

Just go and stock your home with foods and basic necessities.
Nigeria is on a long thing, God help us....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
Finally UACN has released their result with a group loss position, while the company itself still made a profit, although a dividend of 10k is being proposed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29701_U_A_C_N__OF_NIGERIA_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2020.pdf

UACN has finally landed. 10kobo dividend.

UACN faithfuls, I trust your hope carried you through.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
dapix:
Finally UACN has released their result with a group loss position, while the company itself still made a profit, although a dividend of 10k is being proposed.

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29701_U_A_C_N__OF_NIGERIA_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2020.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
Tvegas:
Lol,this must be awon ti "I am waiting with my cutlass for Zenith at N5 junction". grin grin
They're still dreaming, pls don't wake them up. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
PharmAlfred:
UACN has finally landed. 10kobo dividend.
UACN faithfuls, I trust your hope carried you through.
10k from 64k of 2018! shocked
Peter don buy market. lipsrsealed
Let me wait for the ogas on top to analyze the result. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
Justcul:
Based on point 3 Firstregistras are the best in my opinion. I had first hand experience with them. Africaprudential on the other hand demanded for specimen through my brokers and therefore made it difficult for me to get my dividends, since I live far away at the moment.
Yes. Afriprud can frustrate customers. They always ask for Sig specimen. It got to a point my broker threatened to copy SEC in our correspondences cos we submitted all they requested and they're still delaying it, then they quickly did the needful. The only thing is that they have quite some good coys in their care.
First bank, Meristem and one other one I can't remember now did very well. No long stories. Just filled the forms, sent to them via mail and that was it.

*PLS NOTE*
@ositadima1 and any other newbies who's not yet aware, once your e-dividend forms are approved, my bosses always advice that you don't sell all the stocks, always leave like 10 -100 units in your trading acct, so your name will continue to be in their register.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Yes. Afriprud can frustrate customers. They always ask for Sig specimen. It got to a point my broker threatened to copy SEC in our correspondences, then they quickly did the needful. The only thing is that they have quite some good coys in their care.
First bank, Meristem and one other one I can't remember now did very well. No long stories. Just filled the forms, sent to them via mail and that was it.

*PLS NOTE*
@ositadima1 and any other newbie who's not yet aware, once your e-dividend forms are approved, my bosses always advice that you don't sell all the stocks, always leave like 10 -100 units in your trading acct, so your name will continue to be in their register.

I need some help. If I have submitted an e-div mandate for company AAA shares I purchased through broker ABC, do I need to submit a new mandate if I'm buying same company AAA stocks through another broker DEF?

Same CHN, same bank details. Just a different broker?

I'm asking for those of us that were with analog brokers and now have accounts with digital brokers and want to increase our holdings on currently held stocks via the new brokers.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
1kinggy:
I need some help. If I have submitted an e-div mandate for company AAA shares I purchased through broker ABC, do I need to submit a new mandate if I'm buying same company AAA stocks through another broker DEF?

I don't think you have to submit another one since it's same registrar.
I really don't know much about this. Someone with similar experience should pls share or you can clarify from your broker.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Sir, check well. They made profit in Q1 as against the 2019 FYE. That's what I saw. smiley

I am talking about revenue which is down q/q.
Profit is also down q/q.
Yes, they made some profit in the quarter against a loss in fy19 but you have to note that profit was made in q1 19 before everything disappeared by year end.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
1kinggy:

I'm asking for those of us that were with analog brokers and now have accounts with digital brokers and want to increase our holdings on currently held stocks via the new brokers.

Thanks

You don't need to submit another mandate if it's the same CHN. Actually registrars identify shareholders by CHN, by investors account number of a particular company and they will just cross check with the bank mandate to confirm name of account and BVN

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
1kinggy:

Thanks

You don't need to submit so long as you submitted earlier and you have been receiving the dividends.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

I really don't know much about this. Someone with similar experience should pls share or you can clarify from your broker.

Correct answer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
How does kyari’s death affect Nigeria and NSE abeg regarding policy and decision making...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Starting from next week, I expect a sharp burst of Brent. What other news that will drive this is what I don't know.

Many countries are opening up in addition to those that have gradually opened. Germany, EU powerhouse, have said they will open on Monday.

There is a news of a second possible cut in production by OPEC+.

Brent needs to start trading above 40 first to be on a safe level for take off. Once above 40, it can't fall anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
ebuka1997:
How does kyari’s death affect Nigeria and NSE abeg regarding policy and decision making...

The NSE index should have a powerful breakout.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
emmasoft:

You don't need to submit another mandate if it's the same CHN. Actually registrars identify shareholders by CHN, by investors account number of a particular company and they will just cross check with the bank mandate to confirm name of account and BVN

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

You don't need to submit so long as you submitted earlier and you have been receiving the dividends.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

The NSE index should have a powerful breakout.

Have you seen some q1 results coming out they don’t seem too good
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Yes. Afriprud can frustrate customers. They always ask for Sig specimen. It got to a point my broker threatened to copy SEC in our correspondences, then they quickly did the needful. The only thing is that they have quite some good coys in their care.

*PLS NOTE*
@ositadima1 and any other newbies who's not yet aware, once your e-dividend forms are approved, my bosses always advice that you don't sell all the stocks, always leave like 10 -100 units in your trading acct, so your name will continue to be in their register.

always copy SEC when dealing with these registrars, you will get quick result. Afterall, SEC get their cuts in our buy/sell

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5567) (5568) (5569) (5570) (5571) (5572) (5573) ... (7770) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1jboi, Mills55, Diyke4rich, ATPx, sky2891, ositadima1(m), Ginalex(f), Princkez, machine606, sirrotex, shadybembe, Digitron and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.