Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10876413 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5601) (5602) (5603) (5604) (5605) (5606) (5607) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:07am On Apr 25, 2020
DrAwo:
I feel quite ashamed to be associated with this thread considering what has transpired lately...

We are bigger than this and need not stoop so so low... Haba...

What a way to waste the last few pages of the thread!

Loooooool

It happens once a while.

Especially in a long bear market

If uncle Tony companies refuse to pay next week dividends as promised, these e-fights may enter gear 2.

Remember the lock down is biting hard and Coronavirus no want relax

But in all these, we all will be fine and STILL MAKE MORE MONEY FROM OUR PORTFOLIOS

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2020
IYGEAL:

I recall these guys just got on board the NSE at a premium. I remember telling a friend not to buy and he didn't. He would have been cursing himself by now if he did.

It was actually over priced, the IPO sold for over N4.00 at at a time when Nahco was selling at around N2.80k.
Sahcol has more outstanding shares compared to Nahco, hence when it was listed the market capitalisation of Sahcol was higher than that of Nahco.

Nahco has over 60% market share in that sector and has been consistent with profit and dividend payments.

The first year when Sahcol was listed, the business made a lose and could not pay dividends even though management projected making profits for the business year 2018.

Hence the stock price started losing from about N4.30k to the current price.

It appears the company might not make profit for the year 2019, because I can't explain the reasons behind the rapid fall in the share price in the last 6 weeks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 8:18am On Apr 25, 2020
Good morning members,

I hope you all slept well after the heavy rain of insults and abuses. I surely did.
Can we now continue with stock information.
Thank you.

Regards,
Class Captain

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2020
Seunn11:
Good morning members,

I hope you all slept well after the heavy rain of insults and abuses. I surely did.
Can we now continue with stock information.
Thank you.

Regards,
Class Captain

Yes ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 8:50am On Apr 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It appears the company might not make profit for the year 2019, because I can't explain the reasons behind the rapid fall in the share price in the last 6 weeks

Unaudited Q4 2019 shoes EPS of 15k though...

Audio earnings?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It was actually over priced, the IPO sold for over N4.00 at at a time when Nahco was selling at around N2.80k.
Sahcol has more outstanding shares compared to Nahco, hence when it was listed the market capitalisation of Sahcol was higher than that of Nahco.

Nahco has over 60% market share in that sector and has been consistent with profit and dividend payments.

The first year when Sahcol was listed, the business made a lose and could not pay dividends even though management projected making profits for the business year 2018.

Notore on my mind.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:28am On Apr 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Yes sir. It was overhyped too. Previous results were being published, portraying optimistic future.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:28am On Apr 25, 2020
Waoh!!! shocked
I logged in here, saw plenty pages and said "hope I'm not late to the party" thinking you're sharing hampers and relief materials, because free things like this is one of the things that generate traffic.....but I was wrong. sad
Okay, let me continue reading first....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

This one too. IPOs are pretty risky.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:30am On Apr 25, 2020
meshpips:

Greetings sir,

regarding BTCUSD let me make bold to say that I expect a selloff from the current level.

My VAP computation shows that 7638.82 is the VAP support for year 2020 till date. Approached from underneath, this level is expected to hold as a turncoat resistance.

I expect a sell from here until 5468 (maybe lower).

All the best sir.

I wouldn't mind paying money to learn these technicals. My TA is just basic wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Mcy56:
Waoh!!! shocked
I logged in here, saw plenty pages and said "hope I'm not late to the party" thinking you're sharing hampers and relief materials, because free things like this is one of the things that generate traffic.....but I was wrong.
Okay, let me continue reading first....

Other things that can generate traffic include tyre deflating-glass-breaking agberos grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2020
Good morning all, pls let's learn to respect each other and people's opinion without insults. As matured people, we should engage in healthy arguments.

This is a faceless forum for goodness sake, pls those taking sides with the aggrieved should stop so as not to escalate issues.

Pls let's not forget the AIM & OBJECTIVE of this forum! Have a beautiful and peaceful day in Christ!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:47am On Apr 25, 2020
IYGEAL:

This one too. IPOs are pretty risky.

I have a standing rule after 2008.
I told myself, IPO is Inviting Poverty Officially.
I have made it a policy NEVER to EVER read that IPO document again.
Its mostly a perverse document of unadulterated deception.
Na person wey never see war before dey misinterprete the sound of an advancing army as rain.
I was there, thoroughly beaten, left with scars and has written my rules in red ink in my notebook of stock market engagement.... grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2020
In those days of share certificate, Dem go make three trips before issuing you your certificate. By the time you are done with the tedious work and is ready to sell, you discover the party was long over.... angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:59am On Apr 25, 2020
Hhmmm. It's been long this type of e-fight ensued here.

All I saw thru the postings was a personal beef behind camera and between two people which was extended here.
@DerrugedProf, why extend your beef to the forum when we were not there when it started in the first place?

I can recall the last argument btw you and OGG, which could have resorted to e-fight like this, whereby he mentioned that you private-chat but came online to antagonize him, in which you used jokes and tactics to avert it. Both parties and everyone was happy, it never degenerated to e-fight like this, thus derailing the thread. Where is the wisdom used then?

Prof, I'm sorry to say that you disappointed us this time around. You are far more and bigger than this. sad

Without saying much or siding either party, I will like to beg you, OGG and all parties involved to sheath your swords. Let's return back to what this thread is all about, so we can all continue to benefit from its objectives.

Pessimism and optimism opinion and analysis should be welcomed. Caveat should however not be neglected. It's well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 10:02am On Apr 25, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

I have a standing rule after 2008.
I told myself, IPO is Inviting Poverty Officially.
I have made it a policy NEVER to EVER read that IPO document again.
Its mostly a perverse document of unadulterated deception.
Na person wey never see war before dey misinterprete the sound of an advancing army as rain.
I was there, thoroughly beaten, left with scars and has written my rules in red ink in my notebook of stock market engagement.... grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:08am On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=Biafran4life post=88821278] Thunder fire that your mouth.What do you come here to post beside doomsday so that you can buy cheap.Oracle talks more about Banks .PA Emma talks about everything .

Going by this u sound like a tout. No like somebody that has seen money. Sorry I have nothing against u but that d picture this portrays.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

The CEO was a member of the trio that managed Oando, still a founding shareholder of Ocean and Oil the parent company of Oando

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2020

[quote author=Krisuba post=88830960][/quote]

Please let this matter rest, we should learn how to ignore whenever the need arises.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2020
billtommy:
Wow, i used to think this is the sanest thread on NL. This has proved me wrong. Everyone is expected to treat each other with respect, dignity and address issues with maturity. This is fast becoming a rowdy market. Please lets caution ourselves and face the purpose we are here for.
Lol. That's how it used to happen sometimes o, especially during bear period when people are losing money. grin
We will all be alright las las. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2020
ukay2:
Loooooool
Especially in a long bear market
If uncle Tony companies refuse to pay next week dividends as promised, these e-fights may enter gear 2.
Remember the lock down is biting hard and Coronavirus no want relax
But in all these, we all will be fine and STILL MAKE MORE MONEY FROM OUR PORTFOLIOS
This got me lmao. grin grin
Iffahia say e go enter gear 2. Lol. grin
At least, Mcy wouldn't be part of it. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=Krisuba post=88830960][/quote]ok accepted,wish it reflects in my bank account.To me yesterday was a phase and it has passed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2020
IYGEAL:
Meanwhile, the foregoing discourse points to a conclusion that the markdown date is the single most important date in terms of dividend qualification. Yea? So anyone who buys a day before the markdown is DEFINITELY getting the dividend and anyone who buys after, won't.
Yeah! You're right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=emmanuelewumi post=88831182][

Sorry. It just annoying.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The CEO was a member of the trio that managed Oando, still a founding shareholder of Ocean and Oil the parent company of Oando

Thank you sir...Mehn....This is is intriguing...So many plots from stable of the mighty(ies).. #following... sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:49am On Apr 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Interesting. An apple never falls far from the tree.
Now I know better.
For these type of companies, even when they post a good result, don't rush to buy, wait for several days, cause they may later recall the result, or adjust dividend in the name of correcting a typographical error..... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OLOBAM: 11:11am On Apr 25, 2020
Pessimism and optimism opinion and analysis should be welcomed. Caveat should however not be neglected. It's well. [/quote]

I was reading all the insult throwing by both parties yesterday and I know something must have happened offline and not from discussion on the forum.

The insult is not good for the forum and all parties involved should desist from this. let's learn to ignore some post if we don't like what the person is saying, even repetition post.

Both pessimism and optimism opinion are welcome. this will help in making informed decision

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 11:15am On Apr 25, 2020
Let us talk stock investments abeg. Enough of the admonishments and taking sides. It doesn't help ultimately. It only creates new things to respond to. I don't see why we need to continue referring to it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 11:19am On Apr 25, 2020
At this stage I am watching videos on technical analysis and chart patterns. I am not much of a trader but I think there is a lot of value in understanding how traders think. Lots of free stuff in youtube and there are also many free written material on the web.

Let's see how it goes.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2020
Mcy56:

Pessimism and optimism opinion and analysis should be welcomed.

Caveat should however not be neglected. It's well.

... grin grin grin
As the price of an asset changes, opinions are bound to shift. If I say Dangsugar is not a good stock when it was selling @N45, then later say it is a good stock when it is selling at N9, how does that shift in opinion due to shifting analytical variables transmogrify into "BETISE and PERFIDIOUS"?

I 'conditionally' apologise for disappointing you and all who felt the same way. I will profitably direct wisdom as you stated in an unquoted portion of your terse opinion, IF ......... grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 11:24am On Apr 25, 2020
TLAX:
At this stage I am watching videos on technical analysis and chart patterns. I am not much of a trader but I think there is a lot of value in understanding how traders think. Lots of free stuff in youtube and there are also many free written material on the web.

Let's see how it goes.

Also learning technical analysis as I've discovered it complement fundamental analysis which I'm more accustomed to... Initially thought technical analysis won't work for our market but I know better now...

Got some books, still reading and watching videos like you said... Quite informative and interesting...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 11:24am On Apr 25, 2020
I am surprised some are us are shocked by the fight I'm here. You must be really new then. As matter of fact, it has reduced sef. We are growing more matured and psychologically balanced.

The era of throwing stones seems to be behind us now.

We will continue to get better.

Remember the goal is to make more money.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5601) (5602) (5603) (5604) (5605) (5606) (5607) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drotba(m), Hedgefunds, TAJIBADE and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.