Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10832398 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5785) (5786) (5787) (5788) (5789) (5790) (5791) ... (7732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

VCV, your exam don ready.... grin

Wrong door pls

Knock on loco door

It's a beer company grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
Danniee:
For GUINNESS rolling out. cormercial paper series 1 and 2, pls what can likely be the consequence on their share value?

...Good !! shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

VCV, your exam don ready.... grin

wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
jamace:

I am looking at Sterlling Bank and in fact I have started buying at N1.26 today. Let's see how it goes.

The volume for several months is discouraging. Well.... depends on how many stocks one is willing to play with. My own opinion though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 10:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
I want FCMB to get to 1.70...then i buy...once it gets to 1.80plus i sell....is it a good plan ? Plan your trade and trade your plan gang please answer oooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Layi9: 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
ojeysky:

Which is a major problem guess will stay with meristem for now their own major problem is charges

How many percent do they charge
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Monday696: 10:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
What is happening to AIICO insurance? Despite the bonus offer, the price still didn't increase today.[quote][/quote] cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
bigjay01:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/30575_AIICO_INSURANCE_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JUNE_2020.pdf

Qualifications for bonus :- Wednesday, 23rd September , 20

AIICO shifting goalposts anyhow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
With Insurance Companies, its usually the more you look the less you see.

AIICO will give shareholders bonus of 1 for 5 (no new value created, pie size remains the same but now divided into 6 parts instead of 5), and then take rights money from them. Its a zero sum game and the major owners have no intention of being the losers..

I see that they are determined to sell those rights at any price between N1.00 to N1.20. Just be sure reversion to mean price will apply after the rights and we will be back to five-five kobo dividend.

Make i just dey observe.

***Modified

Just seen corporate release from AIICO on NSE website that the rights issue is been priced at 80K/share. @OBAGADAFFI that answers your question below.

You can be sure the price is going right back to 80k range in next few days.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
Layi9:

How many percent do they charge

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
TLAX:
With Insurance Companies, its usually the more you look the less you see.

AIICO will give shareholders bonus of 1 for 5 (no new value created, pie size remains the same but now divided into 6 parts instead of 5), and then take rights money from them. Its a zero sum game and the major owners have no intention of being the losers..

I see that they are determined to sell those rights at any price between N1.00 to N1.20. Just be sure reversion to mean price will apply after the rights and we will be back to five-five kobo dividend.

Make i just dey observe.

So they deliberately drove the price up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2020

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

There is no summer holiday like it used to be.

People have been at home since and they need to work to get money. Moreso airports are yet to fully allow tourists.

No one will travel to any country where on arrival, you will be in quarantine for 14 days.

So the global market will still experience the bullishness that comes with Fed printing. Nothing more, nothing less grin grin

I am not so sure NSE and many emerging markets will be impacted directly from this money printing. While these markets have offered returns over and above what is obtainable from Europe and North America, the uncertainties around exchange rate, CBNs next move and inability to get the monies out of the country will be a major dampener. The guys are not walking their talk of easy exit for foreign investors. The monies trapped here for now cant give the market the kind of push it needs.

By December 2020, If the index gets back to 29k+ where it was in January 2020 i will consider it a decent performance. Isolated stocks may however shine during the remainder of the year. At least M&A in the works should create opportunity for people.

***modified

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hello ogg, what is your opinion on Dangote Cement share buyback in consideration with their majority/minority shares and the nse regulations on holding structure?, please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Excellent7(m): 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
TLAX:

I am not so sure NSE and many emerging markets will be impacted directly from this money printing. While these markets have offered returns over and above what is obtainable from Europe and North America, the uncertainties around exchange rate, CBNs next move and inability to get the monies out of the country will be a major dampener. The guys are not walking their talk of easy exit for foreign investors. The monies trapped here for now cant give the market the kind of push it needs.

By December 2020, If the index gets back to 29k+ where it was in January 2019 i will consider a decent performance. Isolated stocks may however shine during the remainder of the year. At least M&A in the works should create opportunity for people.

I agree with your position.
I think it is most probably one of the important factors affecting stock prices on NSE at the moment.
Infact with the current exchange rate regimes one loses about 15-20% sending FX to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:10am On Jun 16, 2020
onegentleguy:
Scanning through most past post, I observed that the talking point here and a few other key forum I belong to has been the recent news sorrounding coys in the cement business segement, particularly DANGOTE CEMENT.
I see there are worries over;
● The proposed reverse stock split and share repurchase scheme with DANGOTE CEMENT,
● The recent turnaround of the path to resurgence of earnings and growth trajectory with LARFAGE WAPCO and if it can be sustained
AND
● The recent wave of mergers(kalambania and obu in view) surrounding CCNN.

The PUZZLE is in which amongst the 3 coys presents a better route to VALUE !!(risk-reward margin in view)

Ealier today, someone asked me a pivotal question in one of the telegram forum I belong to.
He said; If u had N14M to invest in this sector, which would u choose to buy between a 100,000 unit of DC, 1M unit of WAPCO or little less than that in CCNN given their current market price?
What is the best route for one looking to maximize returns from both a possible cap appreciation and dividend cashflow reward?

I see the honest quest for answers to what I call corporate governance puzzles with all 3 coys.
Some folks are worried about WAPCO given the recent resignation and immediate employment of its former CEO/MD by DC, but in truth, while there a few worries with all 3 coys, there is even more with DC.
With DANGOTE CEMENT, puzzles like;

1) Why is the company embarking on the duo(2) proposal of a share repurchase scheme and a reverse stock split(I observed that folks have paid less attention to this line) at a time that it has a free float difficiency?
...what could possibly be the motive behind it all?
2) What are the likely merits(feasible reward) and demerits(inherent risk) to the proposal and how best can u weigh them?
3) Are there really any benefit with the proposal to a minority shareholder?
4) Does the PE investor, South Africa's PIC still hold its 1.5% stake(following the $289.3M investment in 2013), and who currently represents it on the board of DC, after the former rep, Mr Fidelis Madavo, a non-executive director resigned towards the end of Nov, 2019, following his supposed role and resultant trial in a 4.3B rand Ayo transaction scam in South Africa?
5) Why was the closed period(a process which restricts insiders from trading in the shares of a coy prior to a sensitive corporate governance announcement) originally scheduled to hold between Nov 20th to Dec 6th cancelled?
6) Why has the share price underperformed since the said announcement despite the seeming euphoria sorrounding the company?

I shall attempt to supply answers to these 6 questions and many more later today !!

Salah
onegentleguy:

I just wrote an article with the title:

"A TRIP TO DANGOTE CEMENT"

https://www.booksie.com/612863-a-trip-to-dangote-cement

It's published on booksie, medium and the personal finance section of opinion Nigeria.
U may wish to read through it by using the link above.

Regards.
soloniger:
Hello ogg, what is your opinion on Dangote Cement share buyback in consideration with their majority/minority shares and the nse regulations on holding structure?, please.

I have since given my views on DANGOTE CEMENT.
...Pls kindly follow up with the post and article above.
Worthy of note is that a few of the points(on pricing) highlighted in the article has already played out. ...while some others are yet to play out.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tommieen: 12:29am On Jun 16, 2020
Definitely

Care4:

Hope the direct USD deposit via USD car will be online this week as mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:10am On Jun 16, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/30559_FIDSON_HEALTHCARE_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JUNE_2020.pdf

Who prepared this FIDSON document grin grin grin ;

Loco did. When VCV was on break and Mcy56 went to visit Peterichy, while the other guy was looking for Chams... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:34am On Jun 16, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

Loco did. When VCV was on break and Mcy56 went to visit Peterichy, while the other guy was looking for Chams... grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:54am On Jun 16, 2020
Quick Review of NSE All Share Index for 15/06/2020 & What to expect from the market subsequently:

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiykiSmd9jA

PLAN YOU TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2020
Good morning great people. To whom it may concern.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2020
BullBearMkt:
Quick Review of NSE All Share Index for 15/06/2020 & What to expect from the market subsequently:

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiykiSmd9jA

PLAN YOU TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

Oga, thanks.
Our people here prefer to trade their plans, before planning their trades... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2020
I hope we are monitoring the SEC acting D.G drama
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by netotse(m): 9:37am On Jun 16, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:
I hope we are monitoring the SEC acting D.G drama
Which drama, hasn't Senate confirmed the new DG already?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2020
RichEstate:
Good morning great people. To whom it may concern.

bigjay01:

[s]Potential 29B O/S after all these shenanigans

This chic is fast losing her beauty (aka appeal)[/s]

edit

after Rights, the O/S will be

11,330,204,480 (currently) + 4,357,779,954 (5 for 13 Rights)
=15,687,975,434

If the Rights qualify for bonus in Sept, (probably will, hence the shilt of the closure date to Sept. The Rights will probably have been listed by then), then the O/S will be

15,687,975,434*1.2 (1 for 5)
=18,825,570,521B

This has a massive bearing on the 'per share' metrics appeal of AIICO

BTW,
NEM O/S is 5,280,502,913
CUSTODYINS O/S is 5,881,864,195

Porting calls?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:48am On Jun 16, 2020
BullBearMkt:

...good sign for the market. Tx.
grin grin grin grin grin

Hehehehe. Abi! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

You don't believe in village Melody?
That band strong oo.
When they don't get you elsewhere, they apply to NSE... grin
How the guy dey take travel now... grin
First class travel no be after plane land
and you go siddon there ooo.. grin

Hahahahaha!

Laugh don finish me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2020
netotse:

Which drama, hasn't Senate confirmed the new DG already?

https://nairametrics.com/2020/06/15/sec-reacts-to-the-resignation-of-acting-dg-mary-uduk/

Yes the Senate has not confirmed the new DG, but they shouldn't pressure her to leave.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2020
bigjay01:

edit

after Rights, the O/S will be

11,330,204,480 (currently) + 4,357,779,954 (5 for 13 Rights)
=15,687,975,434

If the Rights qualify for bonus in Sept, (probably will, hence the shilt of the closure date to Sept. The Rights will probably have been listed by then), then the O/S will be

15,687,975,434*1.2 (1 for 5)
=18,825,570,521B

This has a massive bearing on the 'per share' metrics appeal of AIICO

BTW,
NEM O/S is 5,280,502,913
CUSTODYINS O/S is 5,881,864,195

Porting calls?

Mind you she had an EPS of 83k at the end of 2019. This laudable achievement was based on an O/S of ~6,930,204,000. Since then (19/02/20), the O/S has increased by a factor of 0.63 (63%) by the addition of 4.4B shares from Leapfrog.

In the very least, I as a shareholder, expect the money from LF to enhance their earnings by at least a factor of .63. Otherwise, their EPS will drop at the end of 2020.

Now, add the rights and bonus shares. I am looking at a massive drop in EPS for 2020.

#PortingCalls?

Am I missing anything? If I am, I'll stand corrected!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2020
TLAX:

By December 2020, If the index gets back to 29k+ where it was in January 2020 i will consider it a decent performance. Isolated stocks may however shine during the remainder of the year. At least M&A in the works should create opportunity for people.

***modified

My Oga well said

First bold is one of the reason why despite Oga Oracle postulation about the pending and coming 10-10% bull im still CAUTIOUSLY optimistics hence holding to some shred of cash. Couple with the fact that if earnings is taken in context of covid 19 hence discounted for a conservative 20% downside most liquid stock are already (or even in some cases ahead) back to pre covid yield level. (e.g pre covid Zenith 2.8 dividend would give 14% yield around the equilibrum price of 20 it was doing then this discounted for 20% covid downside would give potential dividend of 2.24 which marked against the current 16 price showed zenith being back to pre covid yield). So barring substantial FPI NSE might just be appropriately priced at current level taken into consideration its other peculiar risk factors

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5785) (5786) (5787) (5788) (5789) (5790) (5791) ... (7732) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.