Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,587 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5925) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11081592 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5922) (5923) (5924) (5925) (5926) (5927) (5928) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
ETI: Deep pocket(s) on its case?

Unilever: 16.8M+ single crossing at N12...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
lancee:
grin Hope the forces won't make it stagnant /down once result comes out ..with div ..usual behaviour

Just breakeven at 16.77 ..thinking what to do
Leave your Zenith if you're not in need of urgent fund or if you're not moving it to another one.
Since you know the behaviour, just get some spare fund ready to average down, should it go down below your breakeven.
No be today you don dey patronize Zee. grin

Meanwhile, Ucap is doing well .....@3.24 now

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mcy56:

Leave your Zenith if you're not in need of urgent fund or if you're not moving it to another one.
Since you know the behaviour, just get some spare fund ready to average down, should it go down below your breakeven.
No be today you don dey patronize Zee. grin

Meanwhile, Ucap is doing well .....@3.24 now

well said grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mcy56:
ETI: Deep pocket(s) on its case?

Unilever: 16.8M+ single crossing at N12...

Wao! I saw it 2!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
Zenith Bank:
Between Oga RabbiDoracle and Sir Meshpips:
I noticed the referee did not visit the matter these few days. grin
To me, both of them were partially right.......because Zenith already sorted out the argument......... the stock fell by circa N5 and never touch 11.9 by circa N5. grin
Bet fund holder/custodian, oya come forward..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
BullBearMkt:
Wao! I saw it 2!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Lol. grin
With the volumes exchanging hands in some of these stocks, it can't be only locals involved in my opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jerry59: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
Truth234:
Insider Dealing: Blakeney Sells 80m UAC Shares, Reduces Stake

UAC of Nigeria Plc has disclosed that one of its substantial shareholders, Blakeney LLP, has sold part of its shares in the company.

In a statement signed by Godwin A. Samuel, Company Secretary and Legal Adviser, UACN, Blakeney LLP sold 80,000,000 shares of UAC Nigeria on August 5th, 2020.

According to the company, Blakeney sells a unit share at N5.75 at the Nigerian Stock Exchange trading floor in Lagos.

https://investorsking.com/insider-dealing-blakeney-sells-80m-uac-shares-reduces-stake/
Lol no wonder grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
grin grin grin That is why prophetic trading is doomed!
Many people want it, making foretellers very rich grin

Mcy56:
Zenith Bank:
Between Oga RabbiDoracle and Sir Meshpips:
I noticed the referee did not visit the matter these few days. grin
To me, both of them were partially right.......because Zenith already sorted out the argument......... the stock fell by circa N5 and never touch 11.9 by circa N5. grin
Bet fund holder/custodian, oya come forward..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Xclusiveanalyst: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ran out of FCMB today at 2.02, will wait at 1.70-1.73 like CP nwoke m...i am a learner in jijo cool

I want to do four rounds...it is not that type of round you are thinking grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
You too dey fear, not a time to run out but a time to Jejely walkout,

When all stock seems moving take your time

gamaliel9:
Ran out of FCMB today at 2.02, will wait at 1.70-1.73 like CP nwoke m...i am a learner in jijo cool

I want to do four rounds...it is not that type of round you are thinking grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ok, here is my attempt at applying the Discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation method to Guiness Nigeria PLC.

I pulled their annual reports from 2010 to 2019 and this is what i saw:

Sales (revenue): YoY growth for the last 9 years: 2.07% rate per period of annuity.
EPS: YoY growth for the last 9 years: -13.59% rate per period of annuity
Equity: YoY growth for the last 9 years: 11.22% rate per period of annuity
Free Cash Flow: YoY growth for the last 9 years: -19.98% rate per period of annuity

***Mr Phil Town wouldn't touch this stock with a long stick at this junction.***

Next, Discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation

1.) Assuming 5% growth and 15% (I used 15 to sufficiently cover MoS, marging of safety) YoY desired rate of return projected for the next 10 years, then buy price would be pegged at not more than 14.49 per share.

2.) Assuming 11.22% growth (Equity did 11.22% YoY in the last 9 years) and 15% YoY desired rate of return projected for the next 10 years, then buy price would be pegged at not more than 21.54 per share.

There is also another way of making the valuation as detailed in Rule One Investing book, i will try that later.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
This your chart seems to suggest that non be today their wahala start
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
sellydion:
You too dey fear, not a time to run out but a time to Jejely walkout,

When all stock seems moving take your time

i do not want to hope again Sir. my UACN is deep red but i am not selling..Hope is not a strategy in stock investing. School fees paid. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
ojesymsym:

Oga na true, as at 2012 their share price was in d range of 260, he come dey fall reach 13 or so. Maybe, he don reach support.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
ojesymsym:

My English is poor, I know that. For example, the EPS growth above at -13.59% means compounding over d 9 years.

Assuming the EPS was 20 at -13.59 YoY then in the 10 year ==》 20 × (1 - 0.1359)^9 = 5.37.

From 20 to 5.37, just to make somethings clearer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meine: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
gamaliel9:

i do not want to hope again Sir. my UACN is deep red but i am not selling..Hope is not a strategy in stock investing. School fees paid. undecided
You could have avoided this school fees because the red flags were raised by many here. Even the choirmaster of the UACN mass choir is nowhere to be found . You did well by sticking to your plan on fcmb. Hope is not a good investment strategy at all. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
meine:
You could have avoided this school fees because the red flags were raised by many here. Even the choirmaster of the UACN mass choir is nowhere to be found . You did well by sticking to your plan on fcmb. Hope is not a good investment strategy at all. grin

Loooooool

School fee is sweeter when it is paid.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meine: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
ositadima1:
Ok, here is my attempt at applying the Discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation method to Guiness Nigeria PLC.

I pulled their annual reports from 2010 to 2019 and this is what i saw:
Guinness fair value is not more than N10 in my books, I usually use earning valuation models. So Those people doing Jijo with Guinness shouldn't be carried away. Make Una no looseguard o. Take profit when you can. As soon as the next poor or average result lands everything may scatter again.

Though If the market remain bullish, sentimental and follow come analysis will sustain its price increase. But nothing fundamental is happening there for now.

BARGAIN HUNTERS LOOK WELL.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mcy56:

#50? Now this is monkey hunting.
If you say 20 for now, it's understandable. We don't know if this is short rally, the direction is not yet very clear.

Anyone buying Guinness now is only speculating and taking a big risk.
We await their end of year financial report.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
leo1234:

Anyone buying Guinness now is only speculating and taking a big risk.
We await their end of year financial report.

Come to think of it. The biggest consumer by state intends to permit eat outs.. Will this not affect it +vely going towards year end?. This coro fear is currently dieing off as most persons are just ok falling ill(safety gloves are so off).
We know how folks like to jollof over the ember month. I think midterm will do any one good.

Just an observation...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
^
^^
^^^
grin grin grin

Chai !! ...games some nsempa' play.
Cloned replicants !!

Let me be enjoying the gimmicks while smiling like ismaila. wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
onegentleguy:
Just finished reading the book titled;
"The renewed shenanigan: Duplicity in asking and answering."

The author had paid homidge to a few NSEMPA members in his acknowledgment.
With the preface written by a returnee... while forward were sampled by replicants. wink cheesy grin

Chai !! ...NSEMPA !!
Nothing wey Musa no go see for this gate !! grin grin grin
For now, am still enjoying the "duplicity book"
...it's been a good day. wink cheesy grin

Next on the line for me to read shall be another book titiled; "He who laughs last, laughs..."
I believe I should round-up with it before...

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
meine:

Ol' boy you too look for trouble.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
onegentleguy:

Sooner or later, I shall receive delivery of the book above.
It's only a matter of time... a small time !! wink cheesy grin

Salah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
CashDiMkpa:

Ol' boy you too look for trouble.

Trouble ke? abeg leave u and meine. I forgive u 2 in advance. wink cheesy grin
...I am enjoying ur posts na !! grin grin grin

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
gamaliel9:

U already replied urself, but let me add this line, for the sake of newbies.
The only reason regret and lamentation follows after buying a stock is because;

1) The individual didn't know what they bought. ...put differently, they were only speculating without any sound basis for aligning with their choice asset.
2) The individual had no TRADE SET-UP or INVESTMENT PLAN to back up their move.

This 2 factors applies both on entry and exit of a coy.

Unfortunately, this was clearly the case here.
Anyone who had done their homework well(with both factors) before choosing to align with any given coy should infact be happy when they see the asset price drop below their initial entry peg.
...because they know its merely offering them an opportunity to increase their stake in the business/asset they believe in for a lower average price.
Otherwise, every other thing would count for nothing. wink cheesy grin

If u are one such person who didn't know why they bought into UACN, I'll strongly advise u to SELL OFF ur stake in the coy.
...pls put out ur holding(s) and sell them off tomorrow, so those who have good reasons for buying can gradually ACCUMULATE more.
Everybody must not take up a stake in UACN !! ...there are over 100 quoted securities in the NSE. wink cheesy grin
Buy something else.

Selah

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
onegentleguy:

U already replied urself, but let me add this line, for the sake of newbies.
The only reason regret and lamentation follows after buying a stock is because;

1) The individual didn't know what they bought. ...put differently, they were only speculating without any sound basis for aligning with their choice asset.
2) The individual had no TRADE SET-UP or INVESTMENT PLAN to back up their move.

This 2 factors applies with both the entry and exit of a coy.

Unfortunately, this was clearly the case here.
Anyone who had done their homework well(with both factors) before choosing to align with any given coy should infact be happy when they see the asset price drop below their initial entry peg.
...because they know its merely offering them an opportunity to increase their stake in the business/asset they believe in for a lower average price.
Otherwise, every other thing would count for nothing. wink cheesy grin

If u are one such person who didn't know why they bought into UACN, I'll strongly advise u to SELL OFF ur stake in the coy.
...pls put out ur holding(s) and sell them off tomorrow, so those who have good reasons for buying can gradually ACCUMULATE more.
Everybody must not take up a stake in UACN !! ...there are over 100 quoted securities in the NSE. wink cheesy grin
Buy something else.

Selah

Sir,

The main reason for your analysis was based on the UACN UNBUNDLING and the free stocks UACN will get from UPDC-REIT and UPDC.

Now the UNBUNDLING has been BUNDLED behind closed doors by UACN management, what is the hope of those on UACN bus now?

Just for more clarifications.

NB: I was in the bus at km 7 for long term, but sold at km 9 when the unbundling was looking cloudy to my eyes

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
onegentleguy:

Trouble ke? abeg leave u and meine. I forgive u 2 in advance. wink cheesy grin
...I am enjoying ur posts na !! grin grin grin

It is well.

Okay. Happy Enjoyment. I don't know what you want to forgive me for though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
ukay2:

Sir,

The main reason for your analysis was based on the UACN UNBUNDLING and the free stocks UACN will get from UPDC-REIT and UPDC.

Now the UNBUNDLING has been BUNDLED behind closed doors by UACN management, what is the hope of those on UACN bus now?

Just for more clarifications.

NB: I was in the bus at km 7 for long term, but sold at km 9 when the unbundling was looking cloudy to my eyes

Thanks.

Again, my basis for investing in UACN was'n't just about the now non-existent unbundling. ...I stated this much in the past when I mentioned that the unbundling(if and when it occurs) can only serve as an added bonus to what is already an asset with immense value proposition.

U can dig up and read my several past analysis and post on UACN.
Otherwise, pls leave UACN and align with other coys. ...there sure are plenty of coys to permute from within the 'NSE room'

Obviously, there are a a few items I would've shed more light on, but I won't do that.
I want the naysayers to continue, so they can help us accumulate more. wink cheesy grin
Its not the 1st time we're seeing doubting Thomas', and it probably won't be the last. grin grin grin
In the end, we'll see who'd have the last laugh.

Let me reiterate that if u bought into UACN on a speculative motive, pls SELL OFF ur stake.
...buy something else !!

Btw, I had to look at ur post again to see if its actually from the same person/moniker I use to know.
Was a bit surprised at the uncharacteristically polite manner it was presented. wink cheesy grin
Well, best if u continue in this path.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
onegentleguy:

Again, my basis for investing in UACN was'n't just about the now non-existent unbundling. ...I stated this much in the past when I mentioned that the unbundling(if and when it occurs) can only serve as an added bonus to what is already an asset with immense value proposition.

U can dig up and read my several past analysis and post on UACN.
Otherwise, pls leave UACN and align with other coys. ...there sure are plenty of coys to permute from within the 'NSE room'

Obviously, there are a a few items I would've shed more light on, but I won't do that.
I want the naysayers to continue, so they can help us accumulate more. wink cheesy grin
Its not the 1st time we're seeing doubting Thomas', and it probably won't be the last. wink cheesy grin
In the end, we'll see who'd have the last laugh.

Let me reiterate that if u bought into UACN on a speculative motive, pls SELL OFF ur stake.
...buy something else !!

Btw, I had to look at ur post again to see if its actually from the same person/moniker I use to know.
Was a bit surprised at the uncharacteristically polite manner it was presented. wink cheesy grin
Well, best if u continue in this path.

Regards

Ok Sir..

Just that many investors are VERY skeptical of the current UACN management....otherwise UACN will be a good bargain if the price comes down more....assuming the current core investors in UPDC turn things around positively or UACN should just sell their remaining stake in UPDC and concentrate in their core mandate.

Am not entering the bus again until I see clearly......let my afolabi units l left there continue to mark my present.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5922) (5923) (5924) (5925) (5926) (5927) (5928) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Niyijac, Princkez, Mpeace(m), ositadima1(m), NettyNelly(m), megawealth01, talk2me2, zendi, lionshare, Whytehandy and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.