Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10884234 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) (5959) (5960) (5961) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
TLAX:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31355_STANBIC_IBTC__HOLDINGS_PLC-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STAT.pdf

Interim dividend of 40k. Down from N1 in 2019 even though profit after tax & EPS increased. COVID 19 matters.

I know most of the accounts will be released this week.....

from above . it can be reasonably assumed that the reduction of dividend has some kind of regulatory impetus hence would go round.

year end dividend might take a cut of between 15-30% (compared to prior year) across board
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
Zagee:
And the way I look at it, it will be more profitable to stick to an oil coy in diaspora than this one in-country. In terms of ROI
Issorite o. Enjoy! smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
robobo:
from above . it can be reasonably assumed that the reduction of dividend has some kind of regulatory impetus hence would go round.
This is another good perspective to the interim div reduction. Could be what's still delaying Zee and GTB's too.
Regulatory/CBN pala.ver.......If possible, they don't want the coys to pay any interim self.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
TLAX:
STANBIC_IBTC__HOLDINGS_PLC
Interim dividend of 40k. Down from N1 in 2019 even though profit after tax & EPS increased. COVID 19 matters.
UBA's interim should be making some sense now. Let's see what GAZ will come up with.
E Ku Market o. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
Mcy56:

UBA's interim should be making some sense now. Let's see what GAZ will come up with.
E Ku Market o. smiley

Absolutely @bolded.

Access bank wont be able to resist dropping it. From 25k to anything between 15k to 20k.

I still expect GTB and Zenith to stick to what they paid last year.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
TLAX:

Absolutely @bolded.

Access bank wont be able to resist dropping it. From 25k to anything between 15k to 20k.

I still expect GTB and Zenith to stick to what they paid last year.

Zenith and GTB should be able to pay 25k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mk3jax: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
mk3jax:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31359_GUARANTY_TRUST_BANK_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEM.pdf
GTB has declared 30kobo dividend. This is an entity on steroids, EPS dropped by a mere 5% from N3.50 to N3.32. Covid got nothing on these ones. grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ikoroduarea: 5:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Zenith and GTB should be able to pay 25k

Hello emmanuelewumi,

Sorry for disturbing you, can you please help on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/6093510/how-buy-stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ikoroduarea: 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hello guys,

I have some questions to ask about stock and share.

(1) What is the difference between Stocks and Shares?

(2) A friend told me that this is the best time to purchase Stocks/Shares, can you please recommend stock/share broker that can help me purchase? Any government body instead of private broker as i fear private broker?

(3) Whats the minimum amount one can buy?

(4) Does Stock or shares have tenor like Tresury Bills? I only deal with Land property, Treasury bills and Mutual funds. I have no idea about stock and shares.

(5) Let's say i want to buy like 5 to 8 stocks/ shares, can you split like 500k to 1m if you are to buy 5 to 8 different stocks/shares, please recommened what shares to buy.

(6) I discovered that it is easy for anyone to know that someone purchase stocks/share by enterting the person's name and searches it on sec gov ng SECGOV DOT NG, U-eDIV. Is there how one can buy stocks and no one will be able to know through the website search?

Thank you very much.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hello guys,

I have some questions to ask about stock and share.

(1) What is the difference between Stocks and Shares?

(2) A friend told me that this is the best time to purchase Stocks/Shares, can you please recommend stock/share broker that can help me purchase? Any government body instead of private broker as i fear private broker?

(3) Whats the minimum amount one can buy?

(4) Does Stock or shares have tenor like Tresury Bills? I only deal with Land property, Treasury bills and Mutual funds. I have no idea about stock and shares.

(5) Let's say i want to buy like 5 to 8 stocks/ shares, can you split like 500k to 1m if you are to buy 5 to 8 different stocks/shares, please recommened what shares to buy.

(6) I discovered that it is easy for anyone to know that someone purchase stocks/share by enterting the person's name and searches it on sec gov ng SECGOV DOT NG, U-eDIV. Is there how one can buy stocks and no one will be able to know through the website search?

Thank you very much.

Stick to land, Treasury Bill and mutual funds that you understand.

Then devote a month to learning about the stock market, frequent this thread after that you can decide if the stock market is for you.

When you make the decision to try the stock market, you will definitely get recommendations concerning Stockbrokers from here

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
Tvegas:
GTB has declared 30kobo dividend. This is an entity on steroids, EPS dropped by a mere 5% from N3.50 to N3.32. Covid got nothing on these ones. grin grin

It's no joke the most efficient grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
dipoolowoo:
H1’20: GTBank Declares N109.7bn Pre-Tax Profit, 30 Kobo Interim Dividend
https://businesspost.ng/banking/h120-gtbank-declares-n109-7bn-pre-tax-profit-30-kobo-interim-dividend/

FG Pays Balance of Nigeria Airways N45bn Severance Package
https://businesspost.ng/jobs/fg-pays-balance-of-nigeria-airways-n45bn-severance-package/

This is good news to my ears. Finally.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lol... The questions are really....

Seriously, are they really people who don't have the most basic idea of stock. I thought it used to be taught in economics subject.

emmanuelewumi:

Then devote a month to learning about the stock market, frequent this thread after that you can decide if the stock market is for you.

When you make the decision to try the stock market, you will definitely get recommendations concerning Stockbrokers from here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
3rd September 1929 was Wednesday. The following day was a date to remember in US and in finance.

2nd September 2020 is Wednesday. Will history repeat itself in global finance?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kaynett(m): 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
Good evening everyone.
This is actually my first time posting. I appreciate the efforts and knowledge freely given out to the public on matters concerning Nigerian stocks by you guys. Kudos!!

Please I'd like to ask a question that might be quite different from the purpose of this thread, please forgive me.

1: How long does it take for bank shares in GTBank and UBA to be dematerialized. It's been over a month that I started and submitted to my stock broker(United Capital), and yet I haven't seen it reflect in my CSCS account.

2: In the process of doing the share dematerialization for GTB, I was told to pay an insurance fee of N5,000 for the GTB shares, of which I did. I'd like to know if it's proper to do so, and if anyone here paid an insurance fee during their dematerialization process.

Thank you all, as I await a kind response.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
kaynett:
Good evening everyone.
This is actually my first time posting. I appreciate the efforts and knowledge freely given out to the public on matters concerning Nigerian stocks by you guys. Kudos!!

Please I'd like to ask a question that might be quite different from the purpose of this thread, please forgive me.

1: How long does it take for bank shares in GTBank and UBA to be dematerialized. It's been over a month that I started and submitted to my stock broker(United Capital), and yet I haven't seen it reflect in my CSCS account.

2: In the process of doing the share dematerialization for GTB, I was told to pay an insurance fee of N5,000 for the GTB shares, of which I did. I'd like to know if it's proper to do so, and if anyone here paid an insurance fee during their dematerialization process.

Thank you all, as I await a kind response.

. insurance fees keh, did you misplace your share certificates and asked to get an indemny from an Insurance company?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kaynett(m): 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

. insurance fees keh, did you misplace your share certificates and asked to get an indemny from an Insurance company?

Not misplaced really, but I don't have access to them (GTB share certificate) as I'm resident in another state.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drLammy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
3rd September 1929 was Wednesday. The following day was a date to remember in US and in finance.

Oga Oracle
Please some of us no knw history o
And please can you kindly direct me to a place or group I fit dey observe cryptocurrency TA

I be your last boy for this lane and this thread has really been helpful too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ikoroduarea: 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Thanks for your reply. I thought I can just buy and leave for like 10 years or more? I thought I only need the learning for trading?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
TLAX:

Sense man...you want to buy more at lower prices. It wont happen grin grin

There won't be any meaningful drop in share prices they way i see it for now. I believe worst case scenarios have been priced in.

.....or it may well be the case of information trailing share price instead of vice versa as we were led to believe about "perfect markets". Take Guinness as case study.

I want buy more as you rightly said.... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
Mcy56:

Why should UBA be punished if I may ask sir?
With covid effect which we already envisaged will have serious impact on coy's 2020 Q2 results, we should rather say that UBA really tried for even paying any interim div self, not to talk of them paying 3kobo less the normal interim div.
The donations to FG on covid is a form of biz in disguise if you ask me. grin
Anyway, if UBA will visit sub N6 like you said, it can't be around this time.......let's wait and see what GAZ will pay first.... before concluding on 'punishing' or not. tongue

Ma, na to buy more units i de find oo cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week lows
The initiates #0.63k
Academy press #0.27k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Truth234(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
Stanbic IBTC Holdings Declare 40k Per Ordinary Share of 50 Kobo Each

Stanbic IBTC has announced it will pay a total sum of N4,201,986,943.20 as a dividend for the quarter ended June 30, 2020.

The bank, which posted a profit after tax of N45.2 billion in the second quarter of 2020, declared an interim dividend of 40 kobo per ordinary share of 50 kobo each.

In the statement released through the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), the lender said only shareholders whose names appear in the Register of Members as at the close of business on Tuesday 15, September 2020 will be paid.

https://investorsking.com/stanbic-ibtc-holdings-to-pay-n4-2-billion-in-dividend/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
ojesymsym:
Lol... The questions are really....

Seriously, are they really people who don't have the most basic idea of stock. I thought it used to be taught in economics subject.

Them teach me stocks in Economics, but I didn't understand anything then.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
holm:

Great quote

I don't think it can happen again.....36% loss within a week......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
ikoroduarea:

Thanks for your reply. I thought I can just buy and leave for like 10 years or more? I thought I only need the learning for trading?

Just follow what Pa Emmanuelwumi told you. .you will appreciate it later.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:18am On Sep 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Hello TA crowd, I just found the Donchian 4 week rule. Contemplating how it can be moded to work good in d NSE.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:40am On Sep 03, 2020
onegentleguy:

Saw this new CBN guideline ealier today.
...and having read it, the only thing I can deduce therein is;
This is a clear WIN for the BANKS and a few other select sectors(CONSUMER GOODS and INDUSTRIAL/MANUFACTURING coys) ...from an investing perspective, it should pay to hold on to ur banking coys and where u can, seek to accumulate more as prices visit ur comfort zone.

Why? ...a brief:

On banks;

In recent times, there has been a surge in idle Naira placement in banks, no thanks to the current scarce alternative investment outlets. With yields down and even more funds now chasing it post the CBN' recent guide on OMO and the FI market space, most banks have had to keep up with so much cash.
Again, the recent corona-induced lockdown may have also contributed to the surge in deposit as funds idle out from the aftermath of lower economic activities, particularly imports.

At some point, it was even said that some 1st tier banks were rejecting some deposits.
In retrospect, the surge in idle naira from higher deposit pool has had to force banks to lend more in lieu of the apex banks guide on LDR. ...with the the recent CBN mandate to loan out 65k for every N1 of accrued deposit, it was clear that the more money the banks received, the greater the need to lend !!(balancing LDR in view)
A banker friend once told me that the recent spate of LDR guide has made them(banks) familiar with that part of the song "the more money we come accross, the more problems we see" by Notorious B.I.G wink cheesy grin

Hence the need for this move, to help ease the pressure on lending(loans) that comes with higher deposits while simultaneously allowing for the increased flow of funds in search of better interest-attached yield, to the real sector.

And the likely impact on banks? A possible contraction in interest expense from lower CoF, which should broadly abate the downside risk on interest income and keep NIM on track. Again, this move will also help keep NPL in check by easing the possible carrying risk of increased asset deterioration that could come with the push to spur lending, with higher deposit base.
Little wonder the banks did prefer to sterilize their funds with the CBN than give in to the pressure of issuing out unworthy loans.
In my view, increased lending to the real sector should be the result of a careful asset selection and proper risk management framework and not the pressure of a balancing-out effect on LDR while keeping up with an accelerating deposit pool.
So this move is a positive for the banks.
...particularly those whose present earnings power is largely loan-driven than investment-driven, but with a relatively healthy loan book.
Looking at the possible WINNERS, I love ZENITH, GTB, ACCESS, UBA, FCMB and FIDELITY !!

On consumer goods;
Well, u do not need a soothsayer to tell u that this is not the best of times to leave ur funds idling out in the bank. ...that has never been a good idea anyway(think of the mix of higher inflation and battered rates)
This move further diminishes ur savings power. ...at the moment, it looks like the cost of saving can now take a bite off ur purchasing power at a faster pace(3x) than before. Put differently, u just might be better-off spending that Naira note than stocking it up in the bank.
There are 2 options;
Its either u work with it by spending it or allow it work for u through investing !!
That part about spending will in time, help drive up consumption and support production. ...and as more companies benefit from this, the more their prospect for better margins from higher revenue generation and healthy cash flow.
On this, I continue to like underpriced coys like PZ, UACN and WAPCO.
This is in simple terms how the CBN hopes that this move drives the needed growth in the real sector.

That other part about getting ur funds to work for u is where it gets really interesting. It sums up the reason for the part in bold.
With the present dearth in alternative investment channels, greater chase for better yield(ie all tenures on T-bills are often largely oversubscribed even @ approx </=3% discount rate), and the CBN now forcing down the previous base on savings interest from near 4% to 1.25%(10% of MPR(12.5%)), getting ur money to work for u, would definitely mean looking to make a choice out of a scarce few. Unless of course u can afford to take a little more risk.
...and yes, u guessed right !! Most funds will have to redirect their chase towards high risk investment instruments. Most funds will find their way to the equities mkt, ceteris peribus !!

Bottom line: I'd say there can be no better time to play the equity mkt than now. Taking position on some select stocks is no doubt a worthy investment decision.
Banks, Consumer goods, Industrial/manufacturing sector.
...Just ensure to align with the HEALTHY but UNDERPRICED ones though !!

Disclaimer: This review and follow-up inference are in view of the guide as put out by the CBN.
It is however neither subjective nor conclusive. ...due diligence still applies.

What to do? ...Pls follow ur instinct.

https://www.unitedcapitalplcgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Reading-the-Tea-Leaves_What-lower-savings-rate-means-for-Banking-Stocks-.pdf

Reading the Tea leaves: What lower savings rate means for Banking stocks.
...a research report from the folks @ United capital.

Largely in line with my ealier assertions.(see post above)

...it is well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) (5959) (5960) (5961) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ginalex(f), Locotrader(m), Mpeace(m), Oloro29(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.