Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10849856 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5987) (5988) (5989) (5990) (5991) (5992) (5993) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
Tvegas:
WAPCO at the verge of N14 naira, gained 60kobo so far to close at N13.80 . We will ride this one to the promised land and at this rate a market price of N20 is achievable by year end. Some heavy funds definitely entered the market today. As Most Premium stocks are on green.
Once it gets to 14, those 2mill and 4mill offers @ 14.50 will just disappear.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mcy56:

Nah wa for this Veritas o.
I think you shouldnt give up, maybe you should send the mail with SEC in copy just like some did here.
Also, see if your broker can assist you to reach to them, they always have their person in the registrar's office.
Which broker are you using?
Not Veritas, but United Securities, my broker is Morgan Capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
Edited grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nothing beats fundamental investing and buying a stock on the cheap, it gives a high sense of security. Also that a stock is crashing does not mean it wont crash more. Focus on the figures. See Wapco that wasnt moving for a long time suddenly overtaking Dangote sugar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mfunkynation:

Not Veritas, but United Securities, my broker is Morgan Capital
Okay. I'll say give them time then.
This is interim div pay season and they'll have a lot to take care of.
You may still keep trying to reach them thru phone call too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lexy2lexy: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
I agree, especially with the huge volumes of insider buying recently

Mcy56:

Leave Zee if you have it, especially when you see GTB moving, i dont think you should worry much, it will move at its own time and pace. Na one somehow stock. grin

Just my opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mcy56:

It's okay.
Though Q2 was out since July, I've not been following their pattern of div payment.
If I come across any info on this, I'll let you know too.

Good day madam, hope you are having a great day?

I have confirmed that they last paid interim dividend in 2011. They adopted an improved once a year dividend payment since 2012 till date. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
anjilgreat:
Good day madam, hope you are having a great day?
I have confirmed that they last paid interim dividend in 2011. They adopted an improved once a year dividend payment since 2012 till date. Thanks
Oh good you had info on this now.
I also did check thru NSE corporate disclosure section yesterday but couldnt see anything like interim div pymt.
Didnt post cos I needed more concrete proof.
Thanks for the info ma.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
lexy2lexy:
I agree, especially with the huge volumes of insider buying recently
Right.
Huge volumes were accumulated at 17.25 before markdown and 16.70 after markdown.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mcy56:

Oh good you had info on this now.
I also did check thru NSE corporate disclosure section yesterday but couldnt see anything like interim div pymt.
Didnt post cos I needed more concrete proof.
Thanks for the info ma.

Thanks for your selfless willingness to always help out, God Bless you for us!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mpeace see your Wapco...... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
anjilgreat:
Thanks for your selfless willingness to always help out, God Bless you for us!
Thank you Madam.
God bless you too. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mcy56:
Mpeace see your Wapco...... grin
I said it. That 2milliin and 4million offer will disappear once wapco reaches 14. They never wanted to sell they just want it to look like there was offer, so that they could buy more at low. This is really good.
Classmate hope u dey this bus?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mcy56:

Thank you Madam.
God bless you too. cool

Amen, Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mpeace:
I said it. That 2milliin and 4million offer will disappear once wapco reaches 14. They never wanted to sell they just want it to look like there was offer, so that they could buy more at low. This is really good.
All the stocks that guy was aiming at will still fly.
You know, he was placing offers at days high and kept changing the price each day........that was enough to suspect he wanted to buy more at cheaper price. He will place offers and still place bids. grin
Also saw the 2M & 4M, he quickly removed it. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drLammy(m): 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
I'm in love with this greens...�

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
Market close

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bought this WAPCO at a little over N9.
I guess it's time to start booking some profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
IYGEAL:
Bought this WAPCO at a little over N9.
I guess it's time to start booking some profit.
You are booking profit too early, quote me by December 2020.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fidtopade: 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
[quote author=Mcy56 post=94249550]
Back to this question.
* How many stocks do you plan to invest on - is it one, two or three?
* Are you targeting dividend or price appreciation?
* Why the choice of only 5 stocks?

*** For Guiness, I'll suggest you don't go there since your target is 8 mths, breweries will benefit long termers mostly.
[/quote I want to invest on only two.
My target is price appreciation.
I want to invest on only two so I can buy good volume (quantity).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Truth234(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
Insider Dealings: Tony Elumelu and Family Move to Completely Takeover UBA

In eight different filings with the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), the Board Chairman, UBA, Tony Elumelu and relatives increased stake in United Bank for Africa (UBA) in a move that suggested confidence in the lender’s future and an opportunity to increase Elumelu family’s stake in one of Africa’s largest banks.

In one of the filings, Awele Elumelu, one of the relatives purchased 156,097 shares at N5.9999 per share on Tuesday, September 22, 2020 in Lagos.

https://investorsking.com/insider-dealings-tony-elumelu-and-family-move-to-completely-takeover-uba/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
In addition make sure your stocks are good dividends paying.

Tvegas:
Nothing beats fundamental investing and buying a stock on the cheap, it gives a high sense of security. Also that a stock is crashing does not mean it wont crash more. Focus on the figures. See Wapco that wasnt moving for a long time suddenly overtaking Dangote sugar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2020
[quote author=fidtopade post=94262619][/quote]
Hope you're registered with a broker already. If not, that's the first Step.

One of my ogas already told you one, Wapco. It's going up now, this stock stayed for long in the N11 region. Still have more upside but see if you can still get below 14. If you see at 13.20 - 13.70 range will be good.

Two: FBNH and/or Fidelity.

** Pls note that the pick is based on your range of selected stocks and they are also picked based on basis of dividend payment.
** You can read some pages of this thread from this page back to be able to see other recommendations. Ask questions before buying them.

Also note that knowledge is very important in Stock trading. You have to read, understand the basics and keep updating yourself.
One of my bosses, @infinitisi will even advise that someone should not put a kobo in stock without first acquiring knowledge.
Just know that I am in no way an expert, I'm learning too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
pls Fedility Registrar
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mfunkynation:
pls Fedility Registrar
first registrars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mpeace:
first registrars
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Tvegas:
You are booking profit too early, quote me by December 2020.

Well, I will keep 60%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mcy56:

Doc hope you're a tithe payer?
Exactly what dropped in my mind immediately I read this post. grin
Also, are you a Med. Doc in reality? I referred to you as Doc cos I've read lots of comments referring to you as such. No vex o. grin

Na so we see am Madam.

Weldone

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mcy56:

Was referring to div investors there.
Sone short termers collect their dividends on the floor.
May buy and sell before markdown or key-in after markdown and sell when it appreciates later. grin

Me bi dividend investor....I like to sleep while getting alerts grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
nna777:

FPIs determine our market movement not PFAs.

PFAs are more interested in the security of pension funds so they are more likely to be conservative. They don't determine bears.

If you superimpose the months of inflows and outflows of FPIs with the months in which we experience major bulls or bears in our exchange, it's picture perfect.

With respect to last four trading days of MTN, it's safe to conclude that PFAs are selling to FPIs hence the breakout (There has been a very strong resistance of MTN @120 for months now. Only FPIs can take the risk of a breakout above 120 not PFAs).

We will cross-check by end of this quarter when CBN releases the inflow for the month of September.

Can MTNN visit km 90....I have been waiting for too long. My leg de pain me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IamR: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2020
ukay2:

Can MTNN visit km 90....I have been waiting for too long. My leg de pain me
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5987) (5988) (5989) (5990) (5991) (5992) (5993) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: floydmayweather, Pakso, teejay1334(m), uniqueuser(m), Ojoboak(m), thebargainhunte, onegentleguy and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.