Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,054 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10984380 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6137) (6138) (6139) (6140) (6141) (6142) (6143) ... (7785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
Biafran4life:
You are right some how,you may not have physical offices but your products/service are top and not in ghost mood.Let me give you a typical example during the 2008 crash.Each time I drive pass rojeny resort you will see that forest has taken over the place but when I go to nse,I still see people biding for thr shares.Another was standard alliance insurance.My wife did everything possible to make me pickup one of thr packages.And I refused because I knew it was matter of time,they will come crashing . Even when she was no longer thr,clients whr calling and threatening her for the company to have decieved them after expiration of the contribution for 3 yrs ,5 yrs and could not access thr money

Like Warren Buffet says invest in what you understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mcy56:
MOBIL:
Quite a lot of activities in the stock today........any news? Result?

ACCESS:
Those crossings at 8.50 though! shocked
E go reach like 50M units. Okay I don check, e no reach 50 but was more than 25. grin

Mbenefit:
28M+ units done so far......
71.9M bids against 16.9M offers.......
String of 10M single bids observed on bid table @21kobo

11 plc have gotten all necessary approvals, including that of their shareholders, to delist from the exchange. So maybe they will delist soon at obviously a price above prevailing market price (yet to be determined though).

I'm mostly liquid this time but heavy on this stock. I am sure I have been mentioning when I bought it. Started from 133 to around 166 and slightly above.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 10:34am On Dec 05, 2020
Fund managers are piling on the short dollar trade, Oil prices are gradually recovering, US stimulus is expected, COVID vaccine, potential de-escaltion of the US-China trade war by the new administration, allocation to emerging markets is set to increase ($EEM up >13% since Nov), risk-free rate in Nigeria close to zero, CBN intending to loosen cash reserve ratio.

Almost seem like a goldilocks zone for domestic participation in the NSE. But will they oblige?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2020
Mcy56:

Welcome back sir.
You've really been doing so well in terms of detailed analysis.
Kudos sir. cool

Thank u dearest one !! wink cheesy grin
U are also doing exceptionally well.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
PETERiCHY:
Broker Haruna & coy after going through ETI results grin

Bros, u no well at all !! wink cheesy grin
U cant kill me on this platform. grin grin grin

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
ImperialCovfefe:
Fund managers are piling on the short dollar trade, Oil prices are gradually recovering, US stimulus is expected, COVID vaccine, potential de-escaltion of the US-China trade war by the new administration, allocation to emerging markets is set to increase ($EEM up >13% since Nov), risk-free rate in Nigeria close to zero, CBN intending to loosen cash reserve ratio.

Almost seem like a goldilocks zone for domestic participation in the NSE. But will they oblige?

Wise dude !!
Oversense will not kill u. wink cheesy grin

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
That's the positive outlook we've been preaching. Boom is just ahead

ImperialCovfefe:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 12:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
ImperialCovfefe:

Anti-Peter!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
WEEKLY MARKET REVIEW
Equity Market: The Local Bourse Records 0.7% WoW Gains…as Oil & Gas Index rose 1.7% WoW

Trading performance during the week was mixed, as the market recorded two (2) days of bearish run due to selling pressures in some top tickers like ZENITH and GUARANTY. The price appreciation in AIRTELAFRI (+19.63% WoW) doused the impact of the selloffs as the broader index rose 0.7% WoW to close at 35,137.99pts bringing the YtD return to +30.9%. Similarly, market capitalisation improved by NGN137.5bn WoW to settle at NGN18.37trn.

Contrastingly, activity level dampened as the average volume and value of exchanged units dipped 7.8% and 1.4% respectively to 334.99 million and NGN5.08bn. TRIPPLEG (+20.0%) topped the weekly gainers’ chart while NNFM (-18.70%) led the pack of weekly losers.

Across the NSE sectorial front, on a WoW basis, the Oil & Gas sector (+1.7%) topped the gainers’ chart as the Insurance sector marked up closely (+1.6%). The Banking (-3.1%), Consumer Goods (-2.8%) and Industrial Goods (-2.2%) sectors all closed in the losers’ region.

With the low yield environment in the fixed income space and investors' corresponding stance of exercising caution, the local bourse recorded gains in this week’s trading session as investors took positions on fundamentally sound counters. However, with the introduction of the Special Bills by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the current performance of the equities market might be impacted depending on how attractive the rate at which this bill is issued. Nonetheless, as fingers remains crossed till further direction from the Apex bank, we expect the market to continue to record positive gains.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
ImperialCovfefe:

The US election is far from over. With video evidence and whistleblowers coming under oath to testify, I see a lot of people on orange jumpsuits next year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by modgba: 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:24pm On Dec 05, 2020
modgba:
Stockbrokers to Flag Trading of 500,000 Stocks, Others from January 2021
https://businesspost.ng/economy/stockbrokers-to-flag-trading-of-500000-stocks-others-from-january-2021/

“Registered brokers/dealers shall disclose to the Commission any dealings in a Security valued at a minimum of 500,000 units executed in a single deal or in multiple deals on the same day on behalf of his clients or on his own account not later than 24 hours after such activity.”

It noted that, “In line with the above rule, the commission wishes to request all Capital Market Operators registered as brokers, dealers or broker-dealers to henceforth comply with the rule and forward the required returns as in the template below. The returns shall be sent to the following email address in excel CSV template, stockexchange@sec.gov.ng.

In the template, stockbrokers are required to supply its name, clearing house (CH) number, investor name, permanent address, email address, phone number, transaction date, security symbol, transaction type, ticket number, volume, unit price and total price.

This policy may have been triggered to monitor the movement of funds in the market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

“Registered brokers/dealers shall disclose to the Commission any dealings in a Security valued at a minimum of 500,000 units executed in a single deal or in multiple deals on the same day on behalf of his clients or on his own account not later than 24 hours after such activity.”

It noted that, “In line with the above rule, the commission wishes to request all Capital Market Operators registered as brokers, dealers or broker-dealers to henceforth comply with the rule and forward the required returns as in the template below. The returns shall be sent to the following email address in excel CSV template, stockexchange@sec.gov.ng.

In the template, stockbrokers are required to supply its name, clearing house (CH) number, investor name, permanent address, email address, phone number, transaction date, security symbol, transaction type, ticket number, volume, unit price and total price.

This policy may have been triggered to monitor the movement of funds in the market.

So a 500k trade on transcorp and a 500k trade on seplat will receive same flag. I hope not cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drotba(m): 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
ojeysky:

So a 500k trade on transcorp and a 500k trade on seplat will receive same flag. I hope not cheesy

They are talking of 500000 units Sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

500,000 units of Mutual Benefits Assurance @ 0.22 naira per share is about 110k.

Imagine reporting this? I think they should have concentrated on reporting the value of the transaction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
drotba:

They are talking of 500000 units Sir

Yes 500000 units=500k units
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2020
modgba:
Stockbrokers to Flag Trading of 500,000 Stocks, Others from January 2021
https://businesspost.ng/economy/stockbrokers-to-flag-trading-of-500000-stocks-others-from-january-2021/

All in bid to codedly introduce INCOME TAX
This BROKE and VISIONLESS Buhari REGIME are proping up anti-investors POLICIES for their selfish reasons.

First they want to use UNCLAIMED DIVIDEND to fund their POCKET/BUDGET now they want to profile all individuals trading with a paltry N100k and above.

Well this a pointer of what to EXPECT next year.

I repeat 2021 is year of THUNDERSTORM.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:18am On Dec 06, 2020
PETERiCHY:

All in bid to codedly introduce INCOME TAX
This BROKE and VISIONLESS Buhari REGIME are proping up anti-investors POLICIES for their selfish reasons.

First they want to use UNCLAIMED DIVIDEND to fund their POCKET/BUDGET now they want to profile all individuals trading with a paltry N100k and above.

Well this a pointer of what to EXPECT next year.

I repeat 2021 is year of THUNDERSTORM.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

This your call is so funny grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dsticks47(m): 10:35am On Dec 06, 2020
Dear all,
With the commencement of the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS) in 2004, the troubles associated with the Defined Benefits scheme in existence before 2004, including civil servants retiring without receiving benefits for years were put to an end.

The confidence brought by the CPS made contributors nonchalant to the performance of their respective PFAs in the management of their funds which would ensure good return on investment and further guarantee a very comfortable retirement.

The webinar promises to show:

• Why contributors need to be concerned with investment returns on their Pension Assets and the difference it will make at retirement

• What contributors can do to ensure a comfortable retirement and financial planning

We assured you that we will continue to strive in providing you with highly competitive Return on Investment (ROI) on your Retirement Savings Account (RSA), responsive customer relationship and that much needed mutual trust.

The session promises to be educative, informative and a great value of your time.

Please see below details of the event:

Title: The Impact of Return on Investment on Delightful Retirement

Date: Monday, 7th December , 2020

Time: 12 noon

Venue: Zoom

Click here to register: https://investment-one.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RmQiEaEaSVqoP12WwnrFXA

We hope to have you on board. Please stay safe

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zionaigbokhan: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2020
megawealth01:
Insurance sent many to the villa grin

I don talk am say, the thing wey my eyes see for IEI my mouth no fit talk am.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Nothing pleases a typical nigerian in position of authority more than chaos, panic, suffering and uncertainty. That way, they can cherry pick on their victims.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cleverland: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Enemy of progress country.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
THEY WANT TO START SENDING HITMEN AFTER PEOPLE THAT SEEM TO HAVE MONEY. ANOTHER SARS LOADING, GUYS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

There is a way to work around this funny information. As long as you don't buy 500k unit at a go or multiple times same day, you won't be blacklisted.

For eg If I want to buy 1M units, I can choose to buy within (100k to 400k) within 10 to 3days as the case may be.

If they find out our plan, we would change again accordingly grin . Na Dem go tire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
nna777:

There is a way to work around this funny information. As long as you don't buy 500k unit at a go or multiple times same day, you won't be blacklisted.
I think you wanted to say flagged and not blacklisted. Legally there is nothing wrong with this move as various forms of reporting is common with financial transactions in Nigeria. For example Banks and Real estate developers have statutory obligation to report some transactions to EFCC through SCUML and other regulatory authorities. Only few comply though.

However Growth wise this is another foolish move by the Buhari government because there is time for everything. A wise leader wont bring such policy to a market that is on a recovery journey as investors may bolt with their money.

With the way this military regime is borrowing and restricting funds they may soon start to freeze bank deposits.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Oakbranch: 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
zionaigbokhan:

I don talk am say, the thing wey my eyes see for IEI my mouth no fit talk am.
My brother, that's how my kaya in skye bank plc now polaris polarized me,na so when the thing moved, I was busy loading and everything went with the wind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zionaigbokhan: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
Everyday stupid policies. The leadership is sick in this country.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
nna777:

For eg If I want to buy 1M units, I can choose to buy within (100k to 400k) within 10 to 3days as the case may be.

If they find out our plan, we would change again accordingly grin . Na Dem go tire.

But they should not be doing this, it will discourage investors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2020
zionaigbokhan:
Everyday stupid policies. The leadership is sick in this country.

It's not sickness it's selfishness and lack of a heart for the nation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Tvegas:
I think you wanted to say flagged and not blacklisted. Legally there is nothing wrong with this move as various forms of reporting is common with financial transactions in Nigeria. For example Banks and Real estate developers have statutory obligation to report some transactions to EFCC through SCUML and other regulatory authorities. Only few comply though.

I purposely used the word blacklisted because that release doesn't make sense at all. With the plan of scooping up unclaimed dividends, this is another obvious sign of desperation at its peak.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

But they should not be doing this, it will discourage investors.

It's unfortunate but just like they work their way around the system to suit their most of the time personal agendas, we also have to think of a way to work around the system to suit our own personal agenda too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6137) (6138) (6139) (6140) (6141) (6142) (6143) ... (7785) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ggoldmine, kaykehin, IPO2002, dapix, egojeny1(f), KayOn1, kdaddy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.