Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,870 members, 7,866,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:35 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11092013 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) (7786) (7787) (7788) ... (7821) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aimaft: 8:16pm On May 23
crownprince2017:
Dear TA profs can you pls tell us how far down transcorp can go, can it reach 8? Before rebounding.

Possible
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:19pm On May 23
Streetinvestor2:
And after all this grammar. The normal value of 2k or 50k adds no value to minority shareholders. Tell us the number of Os that is expected to be used in dividing the profit made by the company to arrive at what ever Eps.
In simple English what will be IB OS after this excise.

Short answer: The outstanding shares (OS) are now 161,172,395,100 (6 new shares for every 1 of the existing 26,862,065,850 shares).

Long answer: It started with the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on February 12, where they reduced the share capital from the original N13,431,032,925 at a nominal value of 50 kobo per share to N537,241,317 at a nominal value of 2 kobo per share. Effectively, this reduced the share capital.

Then, at the EGM on April 15, they approved a loan of $379.9 million from the major shareholder, AB InBev Nigeria Holdings BV (about 78% ownership), which was used to clear another previous loan from Citibank Abu Dhabi.

The positive aspect is that this current loan is being converted to equity. AB InBev Nigeria Holdings BV will utilize it for their share of the rights issue.

Some of my observations: There was a share capital reduction of approximately N10.2 billion. This money, in addition to the new additional share premium (N126 billion) from minority shareholders, can be utilized to either reduce debt or improve operations.

Even though existing shareholders will maintain their share of the pie if they all participate in the rights issue, the share value has been diluted for new incoming shareholders.

Both the 2023 and 2022 audited financials have the same issue: Administrative expenses and marketing and distribution expenses wipe out the gross profit.

Additionally, there were N55 billion in exchange losses.

Until they can improve efficiency, I don't foresee significant upward movement or profitability.

This share devaluation will not help matters either.

I dey talk my own as I see am, just like you. No sugar coating or partia

grin grin cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aimaft: 8:21pm On May 23
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 8:36pm On May 23
Has anyone got OKOMUOIL bribe (dividend)? It's unusually delayed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:41pm On May 23
SetrakusRa:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41297_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC-_QUARTER_5_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2024.pdf

40k dividend?

Always cautious of an elephant. ...especially when you have an image of her positioned right in front of a bank. cheesy cool

For good reason, I did inform some folks not to expect much from FBNH, but some had their doubt. ...they thought the elephant is now totally "strong enough to compete with her peers in the room". (div distribution in view)
That time shall come though, but not now.

it is well

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:38pm On May 23
The wait was not worth it... sad

A paltry 360k after wht

stcool:
This week presented an opportunity for me to round up my FBNH to 1M units.

Na to wait for dividend now smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:22pm On May 23
KarlTom:
The wait was not worth it... sad

A paltry 360k after wht

Sure you meant 36k. Because 360k is the equivalent of N3.6
FBNH's financial performance was slightly above par but they didn't do well in div payout.
Not surprised though. The signs were there in her 2023 quarterly reports, hence my bold assertion that folks should not expect much from the bank.

Btw, all this pent-up analysis on INTBREW.
No point talking more about that coy. Enough said.
Everyone should silently do their thing. wink cheesy cool

Selah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 10:54pm On May 23
onegentleguy:

FBNH's financial performance was slightly above par but they didn't do well in div payout.
Not surprised though. The signs were there in her 2023 quarterly reports, hence my bold assertion that folks should not expect much from the bank.

Selah

360k is three hundred and sixty thousand naira.
That is what he meant.

Really disappointed with FBNH.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:47am On May 24
He has 1m units. That's a div payout of 360 thousand angry

Honestly, the signs didn't point to anything less than the 50k paid last year...

onegentleguy:

Selah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:48am On May 24
Yh.
leparj:

That is what he meant.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:50am On May 24
KarlTom:
He has 1m units. That's a div payout of 360 thousand angry

Honestly, the signs didn't point to anything less than the 50k paid last year...

Ok.
I thought you were referring to the div amount less WHT.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:53am On May 24
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bukkydudu: 9:16am On May 24
aimaft:

Shocking

Please when is the payment date?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 9:32am On May 24
Bukkydudu:

You want to qualify for this shock?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bukkydudu: 9:42am On May 24
vacanci:

You want to qualify for this shock?

When is dividend payment date
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On May 24
Ding!!! smiley grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:07am On May 24
It has not been disclosed...
Bukkydudu:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:42am On May 24
I would have no choice than to exit this bank today and move my funds to TB...wait to buy later afte dividend is paid and price is adjusted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 11:16am On May 24
The crowd is not always right!
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 11:16am On May 24
NGX be like "...let me see you, go low low low, let me see you go low low low..."
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 11:18am On May 24
Abeg, anybody don receive UBA dividend? This N19 price is too juicy to resist, shocked

Expecting it to move back up next week, with the power of dividend re-investment. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 11:21am On May 24
leparj:

That is what he meant.

Below 2 percent dividend yield is too poor for FBNH!

The management of FBNH doesn't care about the financial progress of the shareholder!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 11:23am On May 24
I love this small small bear bear wey I dey see so๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:28am On May 24
dapix:
Abeg, anybody don receive UBA dividend? This N19 price is too juicy to resist, shocked

Expecting it to move back up next week, with the power of dividend re-investment. grin
I haven't received mine... the price is so tempting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 11:29am On May 24
presiade:
Has anyone got OKOMUOIL bribe (dividend)? It's unusually delayed.
received sometime yesterday. but notified email this morning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:31am On May 24
KEY AGM RESOLUTIONS

NASCON
The issuance of bonus shares in the proportion of 1 new ordinary share of 50 kobo for
every 50 existing ordinary shares of 50 kobo was approved.

CHAMPION
โ€œThat 559,249,714 unallocated and unissued ordinary shares of 0.50 kobo each in the authorized share capital of the Company be and are hereby allotted to shareholders whose names appear in the Register of Members of the Company as at the close of business on May 10, 2024, based on a ratio of one (1) ordinary share for every seven (7) ordinary shares held..."

NCR

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kereokwu(f): 12:02pm On May 24
Pls how much dividend per share did Okomu oil declare, I'm seeing two(N18.50, N14) conflicting numbers when I googled.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:19pm On May 24
Kereokwu:
Pls how much dividend per share did Okomu oil declare, I'm seeing two(N18.50, N14) conflicting numbers when I googled.

N14 per share, and it will be paid on May 23rd. I think the additional N4.5 figure is assuming the interim dividend will be the same as last year's interim dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Papamrs: 12:24pm On May 24
I am new to this stock thing, I will like to buy , have downloaded Bamboo app,
which stock can I invest ?
Is 20k ok to invest?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 12:54pm On May 24
NASCON and DANGSUGAR dey one side dey cause chaos... Bank dey another side dey wreck havoc cry cry cry... Blood everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:55pm On May 24
Papamrs:
I am new to this stock thing, I will like to buy , have downloaded Bamboo app,
which stock can I invest ?
Is 20k ok to invest?

My 2 cents:

Look for one moniker BullBearMkt and read all his postings from the very first post till the last to have an idea of what this thing is all about, ask any questions you might have from the reading here before you start.

If not, ....

You might be better off playing Nairabet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:01pm On May 24
Make I no even talk about the IB RI matter wey it is even cheaper on the floor than the RI itself wey we go beg put before they credit the subscription like Wemabank.

Glaring some of these people look us as dimwits but ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) (7786) (7787) (7788) ... (7821) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2zona(m), lasisi(m), Utalinmou, ositadima1(m), Mpeace(m), ololufemi, Bagwa, Jats2k2002, drotba(m), onegentleguy and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.