Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10837527 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6256) (6257) (6258) (6259) (6260) (6261) (6262) ... (7738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2021
PharmAlfred:
Nem Insurance actually almost their profit for the year. Nice growth.

Not getting you Sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2021
Chibuking81:
If they give bonus after reconstruction, what is the need of reconstruction?
Anyway in Nigeria many things goes anticlockwise. Always manipulative avenue to achieve their goal.

Unity bank reconstructed I think up to ten units of share to one, and today where are they, back to base.
Oga Chibu is here with his analysis paralysis again. grin
Hope you took part in the Mansard bonus eventually. tongue
You can't compare Lasaco with Unity nah. That stock is supposed to join the league of good insurance stocks, the likes of NEM, Mansard and the like. tongue
Wish Lasaco had informed us earlier, we for done join the bus today.
Let's see how it goes sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2021
Chibuking81:

If they give bonus after reconstruction, what is the need of reconstruction?
Anyway in Nigeria many things goes anticlockwise. Always manipulative avenue to achieve their goal.

Unity bank reconstructed I think up to ten units of share to one, and today where are they, back to base.
That's why I no gree near that one oooooo I had to sell at #2+ when the thing started falling grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2021
ukay2:

Not likely to reach km35

E go go very low sef... Make una leave fomo grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2021
Analyst01:
https://nairametrics.com/2021/01/29/ecobank-transnational-inc-records-24-increase-in-profit-after-tax-for-q4-2020/

@currentprice; @ymcy56; @megawealth01,

What do you think of the ETI result?

Not my kind of stock. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
What's the assurance that the new price will not fall, post reconstruction..

yMcy56:

You don't have to panic if you have Lasaco however.
The units you have will be divided by 4 and the price will be multiplied by 4.

For instance, if you have 40,000units, after reconstruction it will become:
40,000÷4 = 10,000units (post reconstruction)

The price will change by then:
Closing as @ today = 0.40kobo
Post reconstruction price = 0.40 X 4 = 1.60kobo

So you have nothing to loose.

** I suspect that Lasaco may likely come up with BONUS issue after the reconstruction or DIVIDEND which will become gain for you by then.
** So don't take any action in haste after suspension is lifted.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
Stocks with new 52 week highs
Champion brew #3.10k
Portland paints #3.50k
Vitafoam #10.05k
Mtn #181.00k
M & B #4.65k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2021
sonofElElyon:
What's the assurance that the new price will not fall, post reconstruction..

Assurance kwa? None oooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
Intendy:
Stocks with new 52 week highs

Champion brew #3.10k

Portland paints #3.50k

Vitafoam #10.05k

Mtn #181.00k

M & B #4.65k

MayB and CHAMPIONS giving me joy always grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
sonofElElyon:
What's the assurance that the new price will not fall, post reconstruction....
If you read my earlier quoted post, you will see that I raised similar concern in the last part .......BUT I expect their MM to swing into action there......to defend shareholders from losing value on their holdings by defending the share price.
Even if it fall, I don't expect it to fall much.
In all, let's allow Mr. Market to decide its fate post reconstruction. smiley
Remember this is just my opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SA44LA44(m): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
SA44LA44:
please guys what CSCS settlement. Got a credit alert to my bank account.

Could someone please help explain what’s the meaning of cscs settlement.

I’m new to stock trading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
SA44LA44:
Could someone please help explain what’s the meaning of cscs settlement.

I’m new to stock trading.
Not enough info.
Maybe you contact your broker on this,
Or
Send mail directly to CSCS for detailed explanation.

**Whosoever knows should help out here**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2021
megawealth01:

MayB and CHAMPIONS giving me joy always grin

That moniker grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2021
yMcy56:

Oga Chibu is here with his analysis paralysis again. grin
Hope you took part in the Mansard bonus eventually. tongue
You can't compare Lasaco with Unity nah. That stock is supposed to join the league of good insurance stocks, the likes of NEM, Mansard and the like. tongue
Wish Lasaco had informed us earlier, we for done join the bus today.
Let's see how it goes sir.

Topped up today. Let's hope it performs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SA44LA44(m): 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2021
yMcy56:

Not enough info.
Or

Ok thanks I’ll write them. I use Morgan capital.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2021
yMcy56:

Not enough info.
Or

When you buy any share, it takes T+3 (transaction date + 3 days) to settle in your CSCS* account.

Additionally, the proceeds of share sales can be directly credited to your account by CSCS through one of the direct settlement banks

*https://cscs.ng/about-cscs/

Does this answer your question?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
Llizyy:
Shares reconstruction

We wish to inform our esteemed Shareholders and the General Public that
following the approval of the shareholders of LASACO Assurance P1c. ("the
companylLASACO"wink, .t the 39t1t Annual General Meeting of the company held
on 8th october, 2or9, the company has obtained regulatory approvals to
reconstruct its issued and fully paid-up Share Capital of 7 ,334,343,421 Ordinary
shares of S0kobo each in the ratio One (L) new Ordinary share for every Four (4)
Ordinary shares previously hetd by the shareholders of LASACO Assurance Plc.

it implies bonus na[/quote

My bad. I though it's 1:4 bonus o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2021
bigjay01:

bonus? you must have read it upside down

It was for share reconstruction which was always in the works anyway

I missed the share reconstruction news. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2021
yMcy56:

Closing as @ today = 0.42kobo
Post reconstruction price = 0.42 X 4 = 1.68kobo. *Modified*

** I suspect that Lasaco may likely come up with BONUS issue after the reconstruction or DIVIDEND which will become gain for you by then.

@bbwing apologies for my misleading post. I was just seeing bonus in insurance stocks.

@yMcy56 Thanks for the breakdown. I bought at 37K that means I am good right?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
samguru:

See what our NSEMPA baby is calling bonus grin grin grin

Anyway it is share reconstruction and not bonus.
That is if you have 1,000 units of LASACO after reconstruction your units will reduce to 250 units and the share price will be multiplied by 4.
Thank you

Oga me I am not a baby o. I have white moustache. Thanks for the correction though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2021
Heishere:

Oga me I am not a baby o. I have white moustache. Thanks for the correction though

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2021
ukay2:

Not getting you Sir

I mean they almost doubled their end of year profit. Like 90 something percent growth.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SA44LA44(m): 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2021
bigjay01:

When you buy any share, it takes T+3 (transaction date + 3 days) to settle in your CSCS* account.

Additionally, the proceeds of share sales can be directly credited to your account by CSCS through one of the direct settlement banks

*https://cscs.ng/about-cscs/

Does this answer your question?

Thanks for you response. It’s a bit clear now. So does this mean any sales of share that I make will be paid directly to my bank account. I use to think it will remain in my cscs account
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2021
SA44LA44:

Thanks for you response. It’s a bit clear now. So does this mean any sales of share that I make will be paid directly to my bank account. I use to think it will remain in my cscs account

It stays with your broker unless you request them to pay into your bank account. I am also aware that there is an option for direct bank settlement by CSCS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Monday696: 12:30am On Jan 30, 2021
Fidelity bank end of the year result is now out. Result almost came out flat compared to last 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Monday696: 12:32am On Jan 30, 2021
Monday696:
Fidelity bank end of the year result is now out. Result almost came out flat compared to last 2019

YoY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 3:33am On Jan 30, 2021
yMcy56:

Closing as @ today = 0.42kobo
Post reconstruction price = 0.42 X 4 = 1.68kobo. *Modified*

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SA44LA44(m): 7:19am On Jan 30, 2021
bigjay01:

It stays with your broker unless you request them to pay into your bank account. I am also aware that there is an option for direct bank settlement by CSCS.

ok i will look at the form i filled before and see if i gave a mandate for direct settlement. i will also contact my broker.

thanks for your response.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadiima1: 7:20am On Jan 30, 2021
yMcy56:

Not enough info.
Or

Pls what is the typical range in market values for small, mid and large cap stocks?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Monday696:
BARGAIN hunters take note grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2021
Mfunkynation:

MTN Rice

Nothing really but it’s just that it’s a steal below N300

(1) (2) (3) ... (6256) (6257) (6258) (6259) (6260) (6261) (6262) ... (7738) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: YourCoffin, Princkez, megawealth01, Jerry59, yMcy56(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.