Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10905235 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7735) (7736) (7737) (7738) (7739) (7740) (7741) ... (7759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26
222Martins:
He can't give you a TIMEFRAME because he doesn't have a crystal ball that predicts tomorrow. I don't support giving people ENTRY and EXIT price and the reason is because Mr A can exit at 10% movement and take home N15million profit.....While Mr B will be hoping for 100% movement to get N500,000 profit. Now if Mr A gave Mr B his ENTRY and EXIT price, Mr B may feel scammed and start calling MR A a monkeyhunter.
Very true.
Anyone waiting for my exit price is wasting time.i can only let you see what I am buying and price i am buying.i exit when I see enough liquidity no matter the time it takes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 10:53pm On Apr 26
222Martins:
I will buy ALL her Nascon for N15 per unit and her Dangsugar for N17 or N20 if i am in a good mood. So that your sweetheart can be happy once again and peace will reign. wink wink wink

Na me and you dey banter, I no know where Loco from come dey attack me o. Me too I dey wait for circa 20 like you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 10:57pm On Apr 26
222Martins:
He can't give you a TIMEFRAME because he doesn't have a crystal ball that predicts tomorrow. I don't support giving people ENTRY and EXIT price and the reason is because Mr A can exit at 10% movement and take home N15million profit.....While Mr B will be hoping for 100% movement to get N500,000 profit. Now if Mr A gave Mr B his ENTRY and EXIT price, Mr B may feel scammed and start calling MR A a monkeyhunter.

You for tell me say you get LLB too abi na Bachelor of Law dey dey call am now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26
KayOn1:

Na me and you dey banter, I no know where Loco from come dey attack me o. Me too I dey wait for circa 20 like you too.

No attack bro.
Just that I don't want anything about Mercy in our present discussion.You were refering at Mercy hence I said stop it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26
222Martins:
Your price range is possible, thanks to panic sellers on NGX and distress sellers / Jakpa crew in Real Estate....They help us buy at bargain basement prices. I don leave IEI for you as my chairman grin grin grin When you buy finish, i will resume buying....... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Unless you are done with your IEI purchases.
The prices you are seeing these days are the bottom prices.
If Q1 result drops and a positive one,the stock will look for 1.80 - #2 level and rest

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:14pm On Apr 26
The Q1 2024 AFS of TIP was good based on FA.........But it is a NO NO for now based on TA. The price has been driven up, making it on the high side..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:17pm On Apr 26
Here is the Q1 2023 of IEI.
I am hopeful of a better Q1 2024.
I am buying now on hope not certainty.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:17pm On Apr 26
Locotrader:

Unless you are done with your IEI purchases.
The prices you are seeing these days are the bottom prices.
If Q1 result drops and a positive one,the stock will look for 1.80 - #2 level and rest
No mind me, i joke a lot. grin grin grin My plan was to enter IEI in the month of May but i couldn't resist the bargain prices i was seeing so i entered........ I am still patiently waiting for a lot of stocks to go past their closure date, so that we can start Grave digging for opportunities... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:23pm On Apr 26
222Martins:
The Q1 2024 AFS of TIP was good based on FA.........But it is a NO NO for now based on TA. The price has been driven up, making it on the high side..

I don't want to mention TIP now till I see the plan of the major shareholder who has been offloading for a while now

The figure I need to justify the stock at #2 has not come.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:35pm On Apr 26
222Martins:
No mind me, i joke a lot. grin grin grin My plan was to enter IEI in the month of May but i couldn't resist the bargain prices i was seeing so i entered........ I am still patiently waiting for a lot of stocks to go past their closure date, so that we can start Grave digging for opportunities... grin grin grin grin

I think insurance results will begin to flow in May.
2023 Audited results to drop before Q1 2024.
Some are likely to drop together.
One thing is when you see your choice stock at an attractive price,don't miss it and if it goes lower,average down on it.i am seeing a higher top and bottom lines in IEI and the Eps will be driven by the low OS and higher revenue.Free float another plus for IEI than the peers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:42am On Apr 27
Wow!! So these people still dey cry till now!! shocked
Maybe it will take Seun or BAT to come and console them as I don spoilt their plan. tongue

You started this attack first, but when table turned, you couldn't bear the heat. This shows how frail you are. Shame!

What do you want to do with my screenshot 222martins? What can it do for you?
So you thought I'll descend to your levels to show it, or proof anything? Or you think your wailings will make me do so?
Very funny grin

Okay ooo, if this will make you rest and stop wailing, I DON'T HAVE A PORTFOLIO! I don't even invest in this market......but I'm happy you can all read at different times, how people come here to say thank you to this same MCY and to GOD!!
I'm impacting life positively and this is a joy to me as a non-portfolio person that you may think in your wildest imagination. I don't come here to manipulate people like someone else so as to cash out on them.

Someone was even begging them, chai!!
Rather beg them to stop derailling this thread and crying upandan the thread like pikin wey dem thief his biscuit.
This is a new Mcy, if na before you knew so well that I'm up to the task but not anymore, not even with cry-cry baby like Martins.
* Let me see how many pages it will take you to cry on top this post again..... tongue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:44am On Apr 27
ositadima1:

Why don't you take the time to look up the meaning of hope in the dictionary? I don't blame you for not understanding the word.

Out of the four reasons you gave, only number one is factual (though I haven't confirmed this); the rest are based on hope.

Reason 2: "The Brewery industry did not rally upwards in 2023, when compared to other sectors on the NGX.....So it is already down and needs fear no fall." This reason assumes that because the industry did not rally in 2023, it is less likely to fall further. This is more of a hopeful assumption rather than a fact-based analysis.

Reason 3: A possible buyout from Raysun: While Raysun's past acquisitions are a positive indicator, there's no guarantee they'll target ChampBrew. This reason relies on the hope that a buyout will happen.

Reason 4: Possible turnaround of the company: This reason hinges on the company improving its performance, which is uncertain. You're hoping that ChampBrew's dominance in its region will translate to a turnaround.

undecided

SetrakusRa:

most of your points are filled with "possible, possible".

You're very much investing in hope. and, there's nothing wrong with that.

Apparently the guy had interpreted the term "investing", stripping off what should've been a key pivotal line therein.

Investing is both an art and a science. While the "science" to it revolves around human capital development, the "art" is broadly hinged on been hopeful.
Finding the right balance in-between is the reason investing is defined as putting your money to good use with the hope of making more money in future.
So for an investment to come through, there has to be that "hope" of making some future return.

The problem is that the word "hope" is often associated with a LACK OF DUE DILIGENCE.
However, it is undeniably logical to think that an investor might carry out the necessary due diligence and still not be immune to risk, hence the probability of a MARGIN of "hope" looking into the future.

Successful investing implies influencing or controlling that "margin" so the "carrying risk" of an investment does not take too much away from your expected return.
...it entails using money to pursue more money while properly managing the risk that comes with it. (the science part)
This is why we tend to infer and rightly so, that excelling in the financial markets is not in the absence of losses but in the presence of more wins.

A crucial factor is in the effective management of the "science part" to investing, so one can checkmate risk/strengthen ones "hopefulness" and increase the frequency of wins.
Suffice to say that investing without incorporating the science part amounts to speculation. ...this is the key difference between investing and speculating.

Isolating the part about being hopeful in the description of investing is akin to stating that all investments are without inherent risk or are risk-free.
As long as there's no zero risk, you will need some margin of hope that your investment goes well. (you can not always completely suppress the carrying risk in an asset play)

So in finance terms, investing is essentially the HOPE or EXPECTATION of a future return on an asset play following due diligence.
That "component of hope" in investing is why your EXPECTED RETURN (what you were hoping to get from an investment) can sometimes deviate from your ACTUAL RETURN (what you eventually got from the same investment). ...risk was the determining factor driven by some measure of "failed hope".

Even economies are built on hope.
And yes, even the very life we live! ...we are all hopeful that we can live and lead a fruitful and fulfilling life. Of course we try to work hard and smart to achieve it but like investing, there'll always be some parts to life's journey where we are and will continue to be hopeful!

Bottomline: hope is a key component of investing.
But successful investing entails the proficient and efficient management of risk (another key component) to reduce the gap between hope/expectation and return and increase your rate of success.

In all, you are doing well @ 222Martins
Just follow what works for you, as long as it suits your investment personality and align with your goals.

Btw, I think I once wrote an article bordering around this subject matter.
It is well

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:53am On Apr 27
yMcy56:
Wow!! So these people still dey cry till now!! shocked
Maybe it will take Seun or BAT to come and console them as I don spoilt their plan. tongue

You started this attack first, but when table turned, you couldn't bear the heat. This shows how frail you are. Shame!

What do you want to do with my screenshot 222martins? What can it do for you?
So you thought I'll descend to your levels to show it, or proof anything? Or you think your wailings will make me do so?
Very funny grin

Okay ooo, if this will make you rest and stop wailing, I DON'T HAVE A PORTFOLIO! I don't even invest in this market......but I'm happy you can all read at different times, how people come here to say thank you to this same MCY and to GOD!!
I'm impacting life positively and this is a joy to me as a non-portfolio person that you may think in your wildest imagination. I don't come here to manipulate people like someone else so as to cash out on them.

Someone was even begging them, chai!!
Rather beg them to stop derailling this thread and crying upandan the thread like pikin wey dem thief his biscuit.
This is a new Mcy, if na before you knew so well that I'm up to the task but not anymore, not even with cry-cry baby like Martins. Jealousy is a bad disease!
* Let me see how many pages it will take you to cry on top this post again..... tongue

All these ones nor concern me
Na when una go fix to knack each other concern me

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:15am On Apr 27
Agbalowomeri:

Gbagam !!!
Comic relief plenty for this forum. Back to my pigeon hole.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:27am On Apr 27
Agbalowomeri:

Agbaya ni e.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:01am On Apr 27
@ Mcy56, you are doing great.

@ 222Martins, you are also doing well. Just stick to what works for you. If it works, then it's fine!

Pls this is a call for you two to hold out the olive branch.
There's really not much to warrant the exchange of words.

Regards

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SAK: 5:21am On Apr 27
onegentleguy:
@ Mcy56, you are doing great.

@ 222Martins, you are also doing well. Just stick to what works for you. If it works, then it's fine!

Pls this is a call for you two to hold out the olive branch.
There's really not much to warrant the exchange of words.

Regards
Make una tread softly,softly abeg ,no fight please.Peace be unto the house.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SAK: 5:23am On Apr 27
Locotrader:

Tell mercy to leave 222martins alone.
If not,no liquidity for sugar oooo.
Alhaji self never agree with Nascon and sugar major shareholders.

Sugar is hope
Nascon hope
Oando hope
Japaul hope
Champion faith
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SAK: 5:26am On Apr 27
[quote author=SAK post=129656099][/quote] are you sure? This one wey money is tied down in DS/Nascon ,the level tire me o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 7:19am On Apr 27
Locotrader:

Bro it's okay.
This is a game of do me I do you.
Champion brew is not a gamble business.i won't stake 9 million units of champions just for play.It is going to favour me and you including fellow shareholders.
People attacked champion becaus of the extent we took this sugar and Nascon merger of a thing.

From today,I will add 30% hope in stock investment.I learn by argument.Try also to learn in these series of argument.
It's well
I am off in this topic.
May God restore our investments back to green.

Mercy pls e Don do.

I like your spirit. I respect you for that. A troubleshooter. Humble too. I remember sometime back when things heated up and you apologized to the lady. While some otimkpus came out to rubbish what you did, you kept your cool.

I might not always align with your business strategy, but so far, admire your good spirit.👍🏿

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Care4: 8:07am On Apr 27
[quote author=Agbalowomeri post=129655521]

Na when una go fix to knack each other concern me[/quote
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:15am On Apr 27
Today's Top Volume Trades

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 8:26am On Apr 27
SetrakusRa:

most of your points are filled with "possible, possible".

You're very much investing in hope. and, there's nothing wrong with that.
This response is to you and Ositadima1

What i wrote up here was not hope. It was me drawing my own objective conclusion based on what i am seeing from a company's AFS, the brewery industry and the economy at large. That is an analytical conclusion. It may pay off or blow up in my face.............

The HOPE i always object to on this NSEMPA thread is backed by nothing other than mere wishes and pipe dreams. Here are a few of those hopeful analysis and emotional outburst advice:

1. Wale will not delist because he is seeing how much money Tony and OTE is making on the NGX
2. Let's just hope and pray that a certain CEO of a certain O and O company does the right thing
3. Alhaji will not allow the price fall because he wants to retain his Forbes ranking.....Even when it is glaring that the NS/DS price is falling rapidly grin grin grin
4. Why will company B hastily release a Press release about suspending a merger. They must be investigated grin grin grin
5. Don't sell, wait!!.........Company A has not said anything like company B about cancelling a merger, so therefore something is cooking
6. Tony is working hard to make Forbes list this year... grin grin

222Martins:
grin grin grin I no dey invest in Hope..........After analyzing all the brewery companies, i chose to put my money in ChampBrew for 3 reasons:

1. Low Free Float of 3% of Outstanding share
2. A possible buyout from Raysun, since they have made a move for such in the past.
3. The Brewery industry did not rally upwards in 2023, when compared to other sectors on the NGX.....So it is already down and needs fear no fall.
4. Possible turn around of the company given the dominance in its region if NO 2 fails to happen,......Any positive news or slightest sign of recovery will push the price of ChampBrew at a higher rate because of reason number 1 above, Low Free Float.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 8:26am On Apr 27
Good morning everybody..........In the end, two things will prove us right or wrong on this NGX. 1. Time... 2. The Market grin grin grin grin grin I wish we can start holding ourselves accountable especially when you publicly advice people to buy a stock. For example in December 2024, we make a post or start a thread like:

1. "How many percent loss or gain did you make this year and in what stocks."
2. What stocks do you currently have in your portfolio? (With picture proof)

This will separate those who walk the talk and those who point others in the direction they are running away from. To the Forbes List investment peeps, i come in peace. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jaybee3(m): 10:16am On Apr 27
Phew!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 10:44am On Apr 27
Nestle Nigeria Plc
The policy to revalue it's PPE up by ~N217bn would give a positive shareholder's fund of ~N139bn, even with a retained loss of N79bn, based on the 2023 AFS.

Nestle had healthy gross profit growth of 39% and operating profit growth of 42% in 2023. Would its Q1 2024 results continue in that trajectory? The challenge is with it's finance costs (fx revaluation loss). How it will handle it's financing after the EGM of May 22, 2024 would go a long way to reflect in its perceived value.

Would Nestle return to profit and be able to pay dividends again from 2024YE? It really needs it.

AccessCorp
Seems planning to do a rights issue of 1 for 2 at a price ~N20.50. When and details remain to be disclosed.

PS: All info contained in notices on NGX disclosure portal.

*I have shares in AccessCorp.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 11:32am On Apr 27
222Martins:
Locotrader, Even though we all know that nobody can predict the market, you have done remarkably well by giving out information that others demand money for, and i guess that's why a few are pained. In the last 100 Days, all the stocks you recommended has done well in a short time; Transcorp, TIP, Japaul and the biggest of all; Multiverse.

All you need to do now is to ignore the noise and keep giving your info; only you feel the need to continue. One thing i have learnt on this forum is that the real moneymakers don't have time to throw tantrums or jump from one comment to another... A trader who has a lot of customers on queue needing his/her attention do not have time to banter or engage in idle gossip with market women. The goal here is to win big, nothing else matters.
@222Martins, I hope this is still you at the bolded!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:40am On Apr 27
Agbalowomeri:

This one no well o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:45am On Apr 27
... grin grin
BullBearMkt:

@222Martins, I hope this is still you at the bolded!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:48am On Apr 27
Definitely! wink

Frangel:
Nestle Nigeria Plc
The policy to revalue it's PPE up by ~N217bn would give a positive shareholder's fund of ~N139bn, even with a retained loss of N79bn, based on the 2023 AFS.

Nestle had healthy gross profit growth of 39% and operating profit growth of 42% in 2023. Would its Q1 2024 results continue in that trajectory? The challenge is with it's finance costs (fx revaluation loss). How it will handle it's financing after the EGM of May 22, 2024 would go a long way to reflect in its perceived value.

Would Nestle return to profit and be able to pay dividends again from 2024YE? It really needs it.

AccessCorp
Seems planning to do a rights issue of 1 for 2 at a price ~N20.50. When and details remain to be disclosed.

PS: All info contained in notices on NGX disclosure portal.

*I have shares in AccessCorp.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:13pm On Apr 27
222Martins:
This response is to you and Ositadima1

What i wrote up here was not hope. It was me drawing my own objective conclusion based on what i am seeing from a company's AFS, the brewery industry and the economy at large. That is an analytical conclusion. It may pay off or blow up in my face.............

The HOPE i always object to on this NSEMPA thread is backed by nothing other than mere wishes and pipe dreams. Here are a few of those hopeful analysis and emotional outburst advice:

1. Wale will not delist because he is seeing how much money Tony and OTE is making on the NGX
2. Let's just hope and pray that a certain CEO of a certain O and O company does the right thing
3. Alhaji will not allow the price fall because he wants to retain his Forbes ranking.....Even when it is glaring that the NS/DS price is falling rapidly grin grin grin
4. Why will company B hastily release a Press release about suspending a merger. They must be investigated grin grin grin
5. Don't sell, wait!!.........Company A has not said anything like company B about cancelling a merger, so therefore something is cooking
6. Tony is working hard to make Forbes list this year... grin grin

I understand your logic that we have "well-reasoned speculation" (informed, logically-derived forecasting) and "blind hopefulness" (baseless wishful thinking).

The problem is that you are not doing any better. Read these two statements carefully: "Alhaji will not allow the price fall because he wants to retain his Forbes ranking.....Even when it is glaring that the NS/DS price is falling rapidly" and "The Brewery industry did not rally upwards in 2023, when compared to other sectors on the NGX.....So it is already down and needs fear no fall."

They both belong to the same category...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 27
To make the statement "Alhaji will not allow the price fall because he wants to retain his Forbes ranking.....Even when it is glaring that the NS/DS price is falling rapidly" evidence-based rather than blind hopefulness, several things would be required:

1. Factual evidence that "Alhaji" has the power and mechanisms to directly influence or control the price of the assets in question (NS/DS).
2. Clear documentation or public statements from "Alhaji" explicitly stating that retaining their Forbes ranking is a top priority that would motivate actions to support the asset's price.
3. Data showing "Alhaji's" past actions successfully arresting price declines of this asset (or other assets) when their wealth rankings were at risk.
4. Analysis of "Alhaji's" current net worth position and how preventing this particular asset's price fall is critical to maintaining their Forbes ranking.
5. Information on the specific strategies, financial resources, and legal means "Alhaji" could employ to prop up the price despite market forces.

Similarly, to make the hypothesis "The Brewery industry did not rally upwards in 2023, when compared to other sectors on the NGX.....So it is already down and needs fear no fall" evidence-based, the following would be required:

1. Factual market data showing the performance of the Brewery industry stocks/sector on the NGX (Nigerian Stock Exchange) in 2023 compared to other sectors.
2. Analysis and quantification of how much the Brewery sector underperformed or "did not rally upwards" relative to the other sectors.
3. Research on the typical behavior and patterns of sectors/industries that have underperformed the broader market in a given year. Do they tend to continue underperforming or recover in subsequent years?
4. Fundamental analysis of the Brewery companies to assess if their current stock prices/valuations already reflect the underperformance in 2023. In other words, are they now "already down"?
5. Examination of the overall economic factors, consumer trends, competitive landscape etc. that could impact the Brewery sector's prospects going forward.
6. Study of historical cases where underperforming sectors saw either a continuation of negative returns or a rebound/recovery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7735) (7736) (7737) (7738) (7739) (7740) (7741) ... (7759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: freeman67, LILBIMS, ZikkyChops(m), ositadima1(m), Hogwarthtrades, Mpeace(m), Olaide1295, SonofElElyonRet, chimex38, Deadlytruth(m), Blackman101, Boshins, Ginalex(f) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.