Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10900529 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6332) (6333) (6334) (6335) (6336) (6337) (6338) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2021
debostar:
Please ,how do i process my e dividend if I do not live in Nigeria.How do I get my bank to stamp the form
Thanks

Chat with them online on their website or call their customer care number or email them and ask for your account officer

Then work with your account officer to process the rest. Bankers don’t wanna do anything outside their regular job so you’re gonna have to call and send multiple emails

Good luck undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
debostar:
Please ,how do i process my e dividend if I do not live in Nigeria.How do I get my bank to stamp the form
Thanks

You can send your completed e-dividend mandate form to the registrar in charge of the company where you have holdings from anywhere you are in the world. The era of bank stamp is no more.

Banks and registrars now have a common portal where investors mandates are uploaded depending on who gets it first whether the registrars or your bank.

However, you have to make sure your registrar already has your signature specimen otherwise your e-mandate will not be processed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 10:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
moneymanager:

undecided

Chairman, are these bonds easily accessible by regular investors like myself? 15% guaranteed is huge and is sweeting my body
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ades1:

Chairman, are these bonds easily accessible by regular investors like myself? 15% guaranteed is huge and is sweeting my body

I asked Meristem about this last week. They said they can get it but it requires a capital of at least 20 mil.
You may reach-out to them
Morgan capital and GTB didn’t even acknowledge my sent email undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
Fishneck:

Bros wetin be that now!!! Somebody suggested it to me and I decided to ask SENSIBLE people to give me advice if I should proceed or not. Bros abeg try to use your brain at times.I don't know that's why I asked.

Proceed. Your doom us waiting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 12:07am On Apr 04, 2021
emmasoft:

You can send your completed e-dividend mandate form to the registrar in charge of the company where you have holdings from anywhere you are in the world. The era of bank stamp is no more.

Banks and registrars now have a common portal where investors mandates are uploaded depending on who gets it first whether the registrars or your bank.

However, you have to make sure your registrar already has your signature specimen otherwise your e-mandate will not be processed.
Thanks so much .That is very helpful
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 12:09am On Apr 04, 2021
moneymanager:

Chat with them online on their website or call their customer care number or email them and ask for your account officer

Then work with your account officer to process the rest. Bankers don’t wanna do anything outside their regular job so you’re gonna have to call and send multiple emails

Good luck undecided
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:26am On Apr 04, 2021
moneymanager:

I asked Meristem about this last week. They said they can get it but it requires a capital of at least 20 mil.

20m though, how many people for Naija get 20M?

Everything just get K leg for for that country
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 7:48am On Apr 04, 2021
Ades1:

Perdon my ignorance, Is the 15% annual or after the period of the bond? So if I get a 5 year bond, will I get 15% interest annually or 15% after 5 years?
If it's the former I wonder why people do it because getting Zenith Bank shares alone at the right price point will already give a good annual profit from dividends
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:44am On Apr 04, 2021
ojeysky:

Perdon my ignorance, Is the 15% annual or after the period of the bond? So if I get a 5 year bond, will I get 15% interest annually or 15% after 5 years?
If it's the former I wonder why people do it because getting Zenith Bank shares alone at the right price point will already give a good annual profit from dividends

Which kain question is this, how do you calculate interest? Is it not per annum.

If you are able to get the bond at a discount, you can earn 18% or more as your true yield
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 9:20am On Apr 04, 2021
Ades1:

20m though, how many people for Naija get 20M?

Everything just get K leg for for that country

E go suprise u

There r a lot of people that can cough out 20 million.....

Don't get trapped by the narrative out there....... Take a good look around u, in Lagos for example, the rate at which storey buildings are going up makes u wonder if cement is truely 3800 per bag, right now u need a minimum of 30million to finish a storey building

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dsticks47(m): 10:16am On Apr 04, 2021
Not even death could hold him back after he had made the biggest Investment on the cross that reconciled us as one with him.

May his resurrection power cause us to shine, be fruitful and rise beyond lack.

Happy Easter.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 11:33am On Apr 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Which kain question is this, how do you calculate interest? Is it not per annum.

If you are able to get the bond at a discount, you can earn 18% or more as your true yield

Bros you don vex, though you've not answered my question sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
This week, we draw lessons from how companies are born... Keep learning...

https://anchor.fm/ajibola-oladele-awolowo/episodes/How-companies-are-born-eu6ich

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Multiplier7(m): 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2021
Happy Easter friends!

Pls is it possible for me to invest by buying Dangcem, Zenith and MTN shares this week? I need help
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
Multiplier7:
Happy Easter friends!

Pls is it possible for me to invest by buying Dangcem, Zenith and MTN shares this week? I need help

You can invest in any stock every working day of the week. Trading goes on everyday except weekends and public holidays declared by the FG

By the way do you have a cscs account? If not open one by clicking the link on my signature.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cooldudeng(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
ojeysky:

Bros you don vex, though you've not answered my question sha.

It’s annual
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Multiplier7(m): 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
emmasoft:

You can invest in any stock every working day of the week. Trading goes on everyday except weekends and public holidays declared by the FG

By the way do you have a cscs account? If not open one by clicking the link on my signature.

I have a CSCS account sir... I just want to know if those stocks mentioned is a good buy when market resumes on Tuesday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
cooldudeng:

It’s annual

Thanks a lot Bro, now I see why some may prefer it over dividend paying stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
ojeysky:

Thanks a lot Bro, now I see why some may prefer it over dividend paying stock

Not so fast bro.

If you bought it now, you will not get that rate as your yield. There is difference btw interest rate and yield.

You will most likely buy it at premium. The Bond market is not straight forward as it seems. Consideration will be on many factors like the time to maturity, the dirty and clean prices, face value etc.

They are not new issues but reissued bonds which are already held.

Long story short. Supposed you want to invest 10M naira to buy a reissued bonds of 15%. Due to low yields in the market today, you are likely buying it at premium. Meaning that you may pay up to 12M naira (just a hypothetical example) to get the bond. Every year, 15% of 10M naira and not the 12M spent will be calculated as your annual interest. At maturity, you will be paid back 10M and not the 12M spent. The 2M extra is the cost of getting the bond at 15%.

On the flip side, when yields are high in the market, you could buy it at a discount by paying less than 10M for it. Example, you could pay like 8 or 9M for a 10M bond. You get ur 15% on the 10M. Upon maturity, 10M is paid back to you.

The 10M under this discussion is the face value of your bond.

The only time this scenario don't play out is when there is a new issue like the monthly savings bonds and sukuk

Hope you understand this?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2021
moneymanager:

Try Afrinvest Securities.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
unite4real:

Not so fast bro.

If you bought it now, you will not get that rate as your yield. There is difference btw interest rate and yield.

You will most likely buy it at premium. The Bond market is not straight forward as it seems. Consideration will be on many factors like the time to maturity, the dirty and clean prices, face value etc.

They are not new issues but reissued bonds which are already held.

Long story short. Supposed you want to invest 10M naira to buy a reissued bonds of 15%. Due to low yields in the market today, you are likely buying it at premium. Meaning that you may pay up to 12M naira (just a hypothetical example) to get the bond. Every year, 15% of 10M naira and not the 12M spent will be calculated as your annual interest. At maturity, you will be paid back 10M and not the 12M spent. The 2M extra is the cost of getting the bond at 15%.

On the flip side, when yields are high in the market, you could buy it at a discount by paying less than 10M for it. Example, you could pay like 8 or 9M for a 10M bond. You get ur 15% on the 10M. Upon maturity, 10M is paid back to you.

The 10M under this discussion is the face value of your bond.

The only time this scenario don't play out is when there is a new issue like the monthly savings bonds and sukuk

Hope you understand this?

Yes Sir/Ma thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by izuugodwin(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
PLS which bank is best to buy stock,realy intrested.i need one to guild me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BianuBianu: 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2021
How do you send your signature to the Registrars.

Thank you

emmasoft:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
BianuBianu:

Thank you

Ask your stockbroker to send you a share transfer form. Complete the form and send back to them. The form will be processed by cscs and sent to the registrar with a copy to your broker.

Normally after sending the transfer form to your broker, wait for about two weeks and then send your e-dividend mandate to the registrar. From the share transfer form the registrar will get your signature specimen.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BianuBianu: 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
Thank you very very much for this.

emmasoft:

Ask your stockbroker to send you a share transfer form. Complete the form and send back to them. The form will be processed by cscs and sent to the registrar with a copy to your broker.

Normally after sending the transfer form to your broker, wait for about two weeks and then send your e-dividend mandate to the registrar. From the share transfer form the registrar will get your signature specimen.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
BianuBianu:

Thank you

There is also one process where you get your signature from your bank head office branch. I think it’s signature verification something but am not too sure of the name. You bank verifies your signature and then you can show it to the registers or NSE as the case requires undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2021
Leggitsam:

Try Afrinvest Securities.

Meristem is top 5 investment house in Nigeria. Their customer service is top notch and their services are quite cool. Early last year when the bonds and fox deposit was low Meristem was still giving 7% fix deposits with them
If I leave Meristem it must be for one of the top 4 investment houses and not otherwise
Except for cheap day trading and that’s automatically Morgan capitals undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
emmasoft:

Quick question..without the share transfer form where an investor's signature is verified from, dividends can't be processed?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=gabscity post=100458756]

This one is a big question. Only the elders can answer accurately. But, I know that nominal value of their share will be adjusted from 0.5k to N2. I.e everyone 4 units to be reduced to 1. So, the only way it would not lead to value erosion for shareholders is if their share price is multiplied by 4. My opinion though.

The share reconstruction has nothing to do with the nominal price. Nominal price remain 50k. The effect is on the number of shares outstanding and the market price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
customstreet:
The share reconstruction has nothing to do with the nominal price. Nominal price remain 50k. The effect is on the number of shares outstanding and the market price

By outstanding, these are shares not yet bought right? So is there any effect/implications for current shareholders?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Curry30:

Quick question..without the share transfer form where an investor's signature is verified from, dividends can't be processed?

Please note that the purpose of the transfer form is for the registrars to have your specimen signature. So If your signature is with the registrars already you don't need to process transfer form. The form is a means to an end.

Registrars can also have your signature specimen from the public offer form you completed while buying the shares. Some other time you may be asked by registrars during demat of your shares to provide a bankers confirmation of your signature all these are just to have your signature specimen.

Basically the registrars prefer the transfer form if the stocks were bought on the floor on the NSE.

By the way processing of transfer form is cheaper compare to bankers confirmation of signature.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6332) (6333) (6334) (6335) (6336) (6337) (6338) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KayOn1, Wiseadebiye, Jerry59 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.