Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,740 members, 7,955,825 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11566207 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6400) (6401) (6402) (6403) (6404) (6405) (6406) ... (8194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 10:21am On Jun 14, 2021
Zenith at that price is still very attractive. My opinion.
Redoil:
Llizyy:
Good evening house, please am a newbie in the stock market, I want to know if zenith bank shares is a good buy at #24.80, buying for dividend and long-term purpose

at the above mentioned price zenith is too high wait till end of september by then it might drop to 18 naira

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 11:57am On Jun 14, 2021
ukay2:
When are they giving us our stanbic bonus? No date ?
Will buy more below N40 if I see it
Now that they marked down the bonus, it should be expected anytime from now.......let's hope there won't be further delay from SEC.
You can be checking your CSCS Statement from time to time too.

Think it's a wise move to pick more if you see below 40......even at current price self.
Let's wait for how Peter will come and remind us of share dilution of a premium stock in a 'world' of its own........and how he'll be waiting for it at sub 10. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
ukay2:
Vitafoam has returned 100% from N6.
Very likely their result will be wonderful again grin
From the body language, the result will most likely be fantastic again.....

Can remember that this Vitafoam is being emphasized for pick at different times along the way for long termers especially........

@Currentprice was spot on here........
He gave next price junction of N14 not long ago.......
I'll remind Peter when it gets there....... all things being equal. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
Redoil:
Llizyy:
Good evening house, please am a newbie in the stock market, I want to know if zenith bank shares is a good buy at #24.80, buying for dividend and long-term purpose

at the above mentioned price zenith is too high wait till end of september by then it might drop to 18 naira

Directors and managers of zenith were buying at N25 and N26. Don’t let anyone on NL tell you how to invest your money.

I purchased some at N26, I do not plan to sell for another 20 years, your plans may be different from mine though.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
ojesymsym:
i just laughed when I saw the comments.
The Llizzy's post quoted was made in January 2021.

I've always been of the opinion that, any serious long termer should consider value ahead of daily price mvmts.
If he/she picks at 24.80 as at then, by now add 2.70(dividend) to currentprice of N23.

A serious long termer seeks to top up his stakes in value stocks and do so at dips.
If he/she picks that time and is topping up at dips, the cost price must have come down below that amount........Invariably, he/she should rather be at gain than loss which an ordinary eye will be seeing.
The least Zenith did of recent was 19.50 and it bounced back up almost immediately....

Someone like me has gone far beyond being discouraged with some certain decisions that has to do with buying value stocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
eziokwunwoko:
I just invested in UACN due to dividend and Reits.
I am looking at 1 years period.
Please OGG,Pa Emma, yMcy, Valueinvestor, locodemy advice me I am on the right part.
I hope to port@N15.
What plan do you have in place if your N15 exit junction doesn't materialize within the 1yr period in view?
Get me right.......not saying it will or will not materialize, just talking about having "Plan B" in case "A" failed.

For me ehhnnn, you're on the right path to desiring the dividend and bonus, can be sweet when alert hits your bank account and bonus hits your trading acct. smiley

Now, once the bonus is credited, it should reduce the cost price. I'll advice you put a plan in place......in terms of having some spare funds to average down your cost price should the share price fall Lower before picking up again.......then exercise patience.

Example is Vitafoam.
Vitafoam was marked down @circa N9 and the share price crashed to around 7.25 before it picks up again........
Anyone that thought he bought high @9 then......must have had a rethink now that it hits 12.
Patience is virtue. It is key here. That's Mcy's opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ades1:

Directors and managers of zenith were buying at N25 and N26. Don’t let anyone on NL tell you how to invest your money.

I purchased some at N26, I do not plan to sell for another 20 years, your plans may be different from mine though.
ojesymsym:

that is why i said by the end of September and not now

this is not guess work
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
yMcy56:

i just laughed when I saw the comments.
The Llizzy's post quoted was made in January 2021.

I've always been of the opinion that, any serious long termer should consider value ahead of daily price mvmts.
If he/she picks at 24.80 as at then, by now add 2.70(dividend) to currentprice of N23.

A serious long termer seeks to top up his stakes in value stocks and do so at dips.
If he/she picked that time and is topping up at dips, the cost price must have come down below that amount........Invariably, he/she should rather be at gain than loss which an ordinary eye will be seeing.
The least Zenith did of recent was 19.50 and it bounced back up almost immediately....

Someone like me has gone far beyond being discouraged with some certain decisions that has to do with buying value stocks.

Well said.

I think most folks here still finds it difficult to separate/differentiate trading from investing for a long term or building wealth through the stock market and the difference between paper loss/gain and real loss/gain

I discover we have more traders here and especially newbies seems to listen more to traders.

Just get your investing objectives right and follow the strategy that works for you.

As an investor you can always take the advantage of market movements upward or doward once you are in a good fundamentally sound stock. If price appreciation becomes loud you take profit if you wish and a downward movement always gives opportunity to increase holdings if there is cash.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmasoft:
Well said.
I think most folks here still finds it difficult to separate/differentiate trading from investing for a long term or building wealth through the stock market and the difference between paper loss/gain and real loss/gain

Just get your investing objectives right and follow the strategy that works for you.

As an investor you can always take the advantage of market movements upward or doward once you are in a good fundamentally sound stock. If price appreciation becomes loud you take profit if you wish and a downward movement always gives opportunity to increase holdings of there is cash.
Exactly!
Newbies please take note.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
Wapgod:
Please who knows any nigerian stockbroker who charges commission of 0.25% or less on shares buying & selling transactions?
I doubt if you can see any broker that charges less than 0.25%.
However, at negotiated brokerage fee, you may get 0.25 to 0.35 depending on the size of your total trading fund.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
Wapgod:
Is ABCTRANS a good shares to buy?
As a newbie, go for fundamental/dividend paying stocks.
Leave ABC for traders and oldbies.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmasoft:

Well said.

I discover we have more traders here and especially newbies seems to listen more to traders.

As an investor you can always take the advantage of market movements upward or doward once you are in a good fundamentally sound stock. If price appreciation becomes loud you take profit if you wish and a downward movement always gives opportunity to increase holdings if there is cash.

Anointing dey your head

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fot: 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmasoft:

If you bought shares from the floor of the NGX
It's through transfer form the registrars is suppose to get your signature specimen hence you are to complete the transfer form and submit to your stockbroker who in turn send to the cscs onward to the registrar. It's after that you are to submit your e-dividend to either your bank or the registrar.

Greetings!

What's the name of NGX registrars?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
fot:

Greetings!

What's the name of NGX registrars?

Thanks in anticipation

Datamax Registrars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmasoft:

Well said.

You people should stop this investing/trading comparisons. As long as you sell or buy, whether taking advantage or disadvantage you are a trader.
As long as all man dey make money. Even our chief priest of buy and hold has learnt some trading tricks. We are all learning tricks to maximise returns

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
Agbalowomeri:

You people should stop this investing/trading comparisons. As long as you sell or buy, whether taking advantage or disadvantage you are a trader.
As long as all man dey make money. Even our chief priest of buy and hold has learnt some trading tricks. We are all learning tricks to maximise returns

@Agbalowomeri the comparison is not for people like you na, you wey be master already.

Folks on this thread or visits this thread needs the comparisons so that they can be well guided.

The investor that bought a stock and sold after ten years can not be regarded as the same with the trader that bought stocks last week and sold this week or even buying in the morning and selling in the afternoon.

True both trader or investor wants to make money but the modality is very important so that newbies especially can be well guided to make informed decisions.

It will amaze you to know the extent to which many people take the comments here very seriously hence we tend to be very careful on our post especially if one is a regular here.

Check out investopedia to get more on the comparisons.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
For United Capital Asset Management.

The funds under management are invested in the following

Eurobond Fund $71 million

Money Market Fund N11 billion

Fixed Income Fund N150 billion

Balance Fund N900 million

Equity Fund N1.4 billion

For stanbic ibtc asset mgt Ltd

Eurobond $329 million

Money market fund 218 billion

Fixed income fund 3 billion

Shariah fund 10 billion

Bond fund 150 billion

Guaranteed investment fund 36 billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bepositive11: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmasoft:

@Agbalowomeri the comparison is not for people like you na, you wey be master already.

Folks on this thread or visits this thread needs the comparisons so that they can be well guided.

The investor that bought a stock and sold after ten years can not be regarded as the same with the trader that bought stocks last week and sold this week or even buying in the morning and selling in the afternoon.

True both trader or investor wants to make money but the modality is very important so that newbies especially can be well guided to make informed decisions.

It will amaze you to know the extent to which many people take the comments here very seriously hence we tend to be very careful on our post especially if one is a regular here.

Check out investopedia to get more on the comparisons.

Thanks for your comment. Which do you think is better? Investing long term or trading short term? How can newbies decide on the best strategy for them? Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bepositive11: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
yMcy56:

Exactly!
Newbies please take note.

Yes, ma.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fot: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Datamax Registrars

Thanks Sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
rmx:

For stanbic ibtc asset mgt Ltd

Eurobond $329 million

Money market fund 218 billion

Fixed income fund 3 billion

Shariah fund 10 billion

Bond fund 150 billion

Guaranteed investment fund 36 billion

Do you have the figure for their equity fund. I doubt if they will have up to N20 billion in equity
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2021
bepositive11:

Thanks for your comment. Which do you think is better? Investing long term or trading short term? How can newbies decide on the best strategy for them? Thanks in advance.

None is better, you choose the one that suits your temperament, needs, financial level and Investment objectives.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
bepositive11:

No one is better than the other. It has to do with your objectives ie reason you are in the market.

The truth is that trading is a profession and requires a lot to master the act and the truth is no trader or investor is perfect. One time or the other one can make some mistake and calculate wrongly hence you always hear the analyst saying do your due diligence.

There are some factors to consider though:

Your knowledge. Don’t go near trading if you are a newbie, it’s not a good way to start. Otherwise, it will seems more like gambling.

Risk appetite- most traders have high risk appetite, you could also increase your ability to take risk with time.

Passion- Both investing and trading has to do with what you want. Before you can trade you must want it not just because you see people doing it or you just heard there is money to be made.

Age. In most cases the older you become the more tendency to invest for dividend which is professionally advised to do instead of trading.

Employment status. If you are much engaged with your job and of course the nature of your job doesn’t allow much time for financial news, read chats, or get information it will be difficult to trade successfully.

Time available at your disposal. A self employed that has more time may find it easier to trade.

Some people do both by investing in good fundamental and dividend paying stocks while using some little percentage of their funds to trade/speculate.

For the conservative or low risk tolerance individual trading is a no no.

In all just do what works for you. Money will be made any which way. You are either on the fast or slow lane at a particular time but getting to your destination is the ultimate and most important.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmasoft:

Abacus money market fund as the name implies is a MMF.

Principal underlying asset is treasury bills and commercial papers

The interest is daily valued. It's currently 6.39% and it's upward looking base on economic realities right now.

You earn interest daily but it's paid every quarter on the first day of the next quarter ie Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Oct. 1st. You can also give instruction for your interest to be reinvested (compounding) which will be done automatically on those days as mentioned earlier.

Your capital and interest is guaranteed.

minimum holding period is 30days and initial deposit from 1,000.

Parties to the fund:

Fund manager - investment one
Trustees: United capital trustees ltd.
custodian: citibank
regulator: SEC

You can do everything online- register and monitor your account.

Depositing money is not restricted it can be any amount from 1,000 and at any interval without a specific pattern.
Whenever you invest in the fund, your interest is prorated to cover the period of your investment before the payment date.
That means if you register and invest say Tuesday 15th June 2021you will be paid interest for 15th to 30th of June for that period and continues till another payment date.

Don't forget to click the link on my signature to register for free that is the only way you can help my ministry.

I have account already.
How do I find and start to invest
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
bepositive11:

How can newbies decide on the best strategy for them? Thanks in advance.

Read as much as you can. Discuss with smart guyz already in the game and making profits.
When you are ready like 6 months to 1 year of research and study. Take 10% of your money and invest it. Observe what happens for 1-2 years and by then you will have better understanding. Then take another 20% and make better choices for another 1-2 years. If after this time you have good returns you will know what to do next

Or skip this process and find someone that’s good and making profit and invest with them. Again don’t give them everything. Maybe like 10-15% for 2 years and then decide to withdraw or add extra 20-30%. If after this time you have good returns you will know what to do next

Or just invest in standard institutions
Regulated by sec
Don’t go below top 5 when starting and make sure they have been around for 10-15 years

Do your research. Good luck undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
Mfunkynation:

I have account already.
How do I find and start to invest

Good. If you already have account, Just make a transfer to the citibank account number sent to your email when your account was opened and
write your customer number as the description or narration while doing the transfer to make sorting easy.
You can as well send the evidence of transfer to customer care this is optional though.

Bank: Citibank
Account Name: UNITED CAPITAL TRUSTEES/ ABACUS MONEY MARKET FUND
Account Number: 0012706056
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
European stocks on fire.
Nigeria stocks getting ready.
Looking forward for a better tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have the figure for their equity fund. I doubt if they will have up to N20 billion in equity

6.29 billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Agbalowomeri:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/you-cant-invest-without-trading-you-can-trade-without-investing-11623426213

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bepositive11: 12:04am On Jun 15, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

None is better, you choose the one that suits your temperament, needs, financial level and Investment objectives.

Will make note of this. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bepositive11: 12:07am On Jun 15, 2021
emmasoft:

No one is better than the other. It has to do with your objectives ie reason you are in the market.

The truth is that trading is a profession and requires a lot to master the act and the truth is no trader or investor is perfect. One time or the other one can make some mistake and calculate wrongly hence you always hear the analyst saying do your due diligence.

There are some factors to consider though:

Your knowledge. Don’t go near trading if you are a newbie, it’s not a good way to start. Otherwise, it will seems more like gambling.

Risk appetite- most traders have high risk appetite, you could also increase your ability to take risk with time.

Passion- Both investing and trading has to do with what you want. Before you can trading you must want it not just because you see people doing it or you just heard there is money to be made.

Age. In most cases the older you become the more tendency to invest for dividend which is professionally advised to do instead of trading.

Employment status. If you are much engaged with your job and of course the nature of your job doesn’t allow much time for financial news, read chats, or get information it will be difficult to trade successfully.

Time available at your disposal. A self employed that has more time may find it easier to trade.

Some people do both by investing in good fundamental and dividend paying stocks while using some little percentage of their funds to trade/speculate.

For the conservative or low risk tolerance individual trading is a no no.

In all just do what works for you. Money will be made any which way. You are either on the fast or slow lane at a particular time but getting to your destination is the ultimate and most important.

Thank you very much for this! Very helpful!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bepositive11: 12:08am On Jun 15, 2021
moneymanager:

Read as much as you can. Discuss with smart guyz already in the game and making profits.
When you are ready like 6 months to 1 year of research and study. Take 10% of your money and invest it. Observe what happens for 1-2 years and by then you will have better understanding. Then take another 20% and make better choices for another 1-2 years. If after this time you have good returns you will know what to do next

Or skip this process and find someone that’s good and making profit and invest with them. Again don’t give them everything. Maybe like 10-15% for 2 years and then decide to withdraw or add extra 20-30%. If after this time you have good returns you will know what to do next

Or just invest in standard institutions
Regulated by sec
Don’t go below top 5 when starting and make sure they have been around for 10-15 years

Do your research. Good luck undecided

Thank you very much!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6400) (6401) (6402) (6403) (6404) (6405) (6406) ... (8194) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zagee, missphumby(f), LixSz, phemmie06(m), Rajad(m), faoogoke(m), gabscity(m), unite4real, tijany130, jonnysessy(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.